Help With Base Design

0r1g1n
0r1g1n
Strike-force Captain
Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 669
edited 17 Jan 2012, 4:30AM
Yes, we can go ahead and get the normal insults out of the way and I'll pause a moment to let you do so................................. okay, better?

So! Bellow you'll see four battle log entries, a good and lots of bad. You may ask why I've posted this and why you may care. Well it's a QQ in a way but I also would like to draw attention to the disturbing issues a foot. (I think that's the expression, cba to look it up)

Battle log.jpg

Now here we have the reason I'm posting this thread. This isn't about the players involved but the weapons used.

Battle log 2.jpg

Now in exhibit B.. yeah, w/e. Here we have a typical attack with typical outcome. Good fleets again'st my base and everything is level 3 so it's natural they'd get it, I'm okay with that. You see, what this tells me is that once I get either Level 4 plats or weapons, the design will dominate.

Battle log 3.jpg

And here is a victory to show you that my design is not 100% the problem, just lower tech in some aspects and OP fleets.

The fleet used was RA III, anti Mort, and the other spec I can think of is maybe engine. But regardless to this, when a base can't even get one ship down to 50%, something needs to change. I don't know what the change may be and I'm hoping this thread can insight some conversation about that..
Yes, there is a Koala.. no.. you may not pet it.

Obvious_Intent Level 27 Sector 259

Simplistic measures of a simplistic mind are most often the most complex.- Me
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    Post a screenshot of your base and I'm sure the community would be happy to give you some suggestions.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 721
    Ouch man, looks like u got owned on that first picture, u should post a picture of your base... no way of really commenting on it without it.
    Lou Seal wrote: »
    So, I see that square base, roll up and flatten it. Suddenly there's sector police everywhere, the noob is crying on coms and everyone's looking at me like I'm the bad guy? Shoulda built a better base.

I'm also not allowed back in that neighborhood.
    afroninja wrote: »
    I didn't think Man Tim could say anything more stupid, then what he normally post.. Today you have proved me wrong. Congrats. :D
    Rufi0 wrote: »
    "**** be loco"
  • 0r1g1n
    0r1g1n
    Strike-force Captain
    Base 5 level 27.jpg

All level III and I'm level 27 btw

• faytar
    faytar
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 775
    the problem is the boosting of turn speed on the hh a and b , they did not need it
    whs: 0 res makers: 0 interest in playing bp: 0
    Only players that Kix cares about are the coiners, want them to listen more of you gonna need to cut them off of your wallet.
  • Faddy
    Faddy
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 815
    faytar wrote: »
    the problem is the boosting of turn speed on the hh a and b , they did not need it

this is the correct statement.
    Current sector: 440
    Previous sectors: 367, 368, 291,2, 149,400, 499, 200, 249, 407, 408, 7, 325, 351, 264,160,89, 448, 348
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    I changed the title of your thread so that you should get more feedback.
  • Vancouver Jimmy
    Vancouver Jimmy
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,553
    the problem isn't HH turn speed...get real.

The guy has 4 VM's....and against an Anti fleet he's gonna get raped (evidence already provided). Besides that he has lined up his turrets 1 by 1 very nicely for the mortar fleets to creep along and smash him with only a few turrets actually firing at the incoming fleet.

Sorry dude, but your 'Smale' copy from the forum ain't gonna work anymore. Take a deep breath...yes, your life will continue. Start thinking about CONCENTRATION OF FIREPOWER. Start reverse engineering the attacks coming at you and understand what needs to be done to stop them. I'd give you more tips but honestly I don't think your at the stage where they would help. Your still at the 'this isn't fair' stage. Move past it. There are a dozen threads in the forum with great thoughts about stopping Anti fleets.

Good Luck and don't give up. The measure of a man is what he does AFTER he falls off the horse....not while he's riding.
    The uncensored Battle Pirates Forum...

http://tinyurl.com/d5bhmhs
  • Michael Middleton
    Michael Middleton
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 812
    get rid of your vic mortars, concentrate on a mix of howitzers, sents, flak and bombards
    My piece of Battle Pirates Fan Fiction: http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/125229-The-Battle-Pirates-story Hope you enjoy!!

My second piece of Battle Pirates Fan Fiction[url] http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/196200-Owen-s-shipyard?p=1716922#post1716922 [/url] Hope you enjoy!!!
    Sortar wrote: »
    haha what an idiot..more money for king will and his tribe of merry idiots...you guys complain then just spend more...classic..
  • 0r1g1n
    0r1g1n
    Strike-force Captain
    get rid of your vic mortars, concentrate on a mix of howitzers, sents, flak and bombards

I'm starting to see what you're saying. Their day's are over I guess, though it's almost pointless to put in flak and bombards unless their 4's.

the problem isn't HH turn speed...get real.

The guy has 4 VM's....and against an Anti fleet he's gonna get raped (evidence already provided). Besides that he has lined up his turrets 1 by 1 very nicely for the mortar fleets to creep along and smash him with only a few turrets actually firing at the incoming fleet.

Sorry dude, but your 'Smale' copy from the forum ain't gonna work anymore. Take a deep breath...yes, your life will continue. Start thinking about CONCENTRATION OF FIREPOWER. Start reverse engineering the attacks coming at you and understand what needs to be done to stop them. I'd give you more tips but honestly I don't think your at the stage where they would help. Your still at the 'this isn't fair' stage. Move past it. There are a dozen threads in the forum with great thoughts about stopping Anti fleets.

Good Luck and don't give up. The measure of a man is what he does AFTER he falls off the horse....not while he's riding.

I don't appreciate your input and honestly, you're an arrogant **** who can't read apparently. The game has been tilted to one side of the board again. If you had the intelligence to read before posting a solid two paragraphs of total bull **** you would see the point I'm trying to make. As of late, I find the game horribly mundane in that it's the same act over and over, therefor I haven't paid any attention to the ups and downs of any design. As for the design itself, several people within my clan have used it or variations of it and it's leveled level 40 fleets with particular ease and if you paid even closer attention, it can take a level 37 fleet down to **** near a quarter. SO! Your suggestions are obviously those of an inexperienced troll with no particular meaning in life. Stop Stereo typing and get off your "High horse".

• TheRealCore
    TheRealCore
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 5,474
    I'm all maxed defences and still can't hold back a fleet of these Hammerhead A & B. There too over powered. :crying:
    Atta-Comb 
  • Spack
    Spack
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,202
    The design is irrelevant. At 27 you're in the range of level 32's and the sad fact is they are going to walk into your tier 3 base with minimal effort regardless of which design you choose. Without tier 4 weapons and DU platforms you're an easy farm.

My advice would be to remain in a permanent state of bubble and salvage like mad until you get your research and upgrades done and keep a low profile in the meantime.
    DESTRO said: 
    The Almighty Spack

KIXEYE Swag said:
    Spack is actually my Tyler Durden.
  • TheRealCore
    TheRealCore
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 5,474
    Spack wrote: »
    The design is irrelevant. At 27 you're in the range of level 32's and the sad fact is they are going to walk into your tier 3 base with minimal effort regardless of which design you choose. Without tier 4 weapons and DU platforms you're an easy farm.

My advice would be to remain in a permanent state of bubble and salvage like mad until you get your research and upgrades done and keep a low profile in the meantime.

1+ .....Totally agree. :D
    Atta-Comb 
  • Trogar
    Trogar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085
    Spack is correct. With the weapons and fleets available, there isn't much chance for lvl 3 defences. Lvl 4 is getting owned. I have seen this base lay out, and it can be effective.
  • CAM-JAM
    CAM-JAM
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 17
    The design is irrelevant. At 27 you're in the range of level 32's and the sad fact is they are going to walk into your tier 3 base with minimal effort regardless of which design you choose.
    this is not all true, my base is lvl 27 with lvl 3 defences but i can almost hold off a a full fleets of ffs with ra3 and shockwave-L's
    Capture.jpg

so the minimal effort turned it to a lot of effort.
  • mclohrmann
    mclohrmann
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 90
    do u have howzers if not build some atleast 3
  • Spack
    Spack
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,202
    looks to me like you got face-rolled and the chimp attacking didn't even use a proper rocket or a prep fleet. Anyway it still doesn't disprove my point that a level 3 base is no defence at all.
    DESTRO said: 
    The Almighty Spack

KIXEYE Swag said:
    Spack is actually my Tyler Durden.
  • Samuel Tsao
    Samuel Tsao
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 863
    too many sents, and people can take out 2 wares without completing the second turn
    gotmilk78, TPC alliance, end game player, non-coiner

bp: lvl 55 proud owner of barracuda Goliath, striker cruiser, e battecruiser destroyer indracdictor, mc, mcx, dread x, spectre
    "difference between insec hitting and not? u can see the **** people say when u destroy them"
    i judge a player by himself, not by his affiliation
    user id: 2298065 think im hacking caused you got destroyed? well try me
  • CAM-JAM
    CAM-JAM
    Greenhorn
    didn't even use a proper rocket
    ok ok what would you call a proper rocket that was a large Orion. stats are Flight Time:20s, Damage:1,750, vs Buildings: 4,375. also I would like to add that if he had used a prep wave I would have been put in to a bubble.
  • Trogar
    Trogar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085
    CAM-JAM wrote: »
    this is not all true, my base is lvl 27 with lvl 3 defences but i can almost hold off a a full fleets of ffs with ra3 and shockwave-L's
    Capture.jpg

so the minimal effort turned it to a lot of effort.
    HOW is that holding anything off??!?!?!! 92% dmg??
  • CAM-JAM
    CAM-JAM
    Greenhorn
    I wasn't saying it was holding off i said "can almost" I do agree with you Trogar it was a loss and my base was servilely damaged, the point I was trying to make is that he had to fight for the res I had with 1 lev and 3 ff destroyed and the 5th ff with 68% damage. i was only saying that a base with lvl 3 defences can do more than minimal damage to an attacking lvl 34 fleet.
  • Goliathus
    Goliathus
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 20
    You can get some more base design idea's from here http://battlepiratesuguide.blogspot.com/p/base-designs.html
    Want the Ultimate Guide to Battle Pirates? View it now at http://battlepiratesuguide.blogspot.com/
  • CAM-JAM
    CAM-JAM
    Greenhorn
    Thank you Goliathus for being supportive, in-steed of saying you can't do any thing to defend your self you help out, there are good players in battle pirates then. lol
  • Vancouver Jimmy
    Vancouver Jimmy
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,553
    0r1g1n wrote: »
    I don't appreciate your input and honestly, you're an arrogant **** who can't read apparently. The game has been tilted to one side of the board again. If you had the intelligence to read before posting a solid two paragraphs of total bull **** you would see the point I'm trying to make. As of late, I find the game horribly mundane in that it's the same act over and over, therefor I haven't paid any attention to the ups and downs of any design. As for the design itself, several people within my clan have used it or variations of it and it's leveled level 40 fleets with particular ease and if you paid even closer attention, it can take a level 37 fleet down to **** near a quarter. SO! Your suggestions are obviously those of an inexperienced troll with no particular meaning in life. Stop Stereo typing and get off your "High horse".

Your the clown getting farmed for almost free...not me! Your point is your base gets OWNED by anti fleets...and I agreed. You say yourself 'I haven't paid any attention to the ups and downs of any design.'...and so your getting destroyed by an anti fleet. Where is the shock in that??? Anti's came out almost a month ago...you ain't updated nothing. Plus there is no way that base be leveling fleets of lvl 40 with ease before anti's...that's a load of dung.

I've hit a ton of bases on the way to level 32 baby Or1g1n. You post garbage about your amazing base getting owned and someone bucks up and tells you why. Look at the other posts in yer thread. Any help there? You responded EXACTLY as expected from a guy that feels he's awesome and got owned so it's the clearly the game's fault. The exact reason I don't waste helping you. I've posted help for lots of people too. After it sinks in that you need to update and improve your base then you might get some help. Till then enjoy the glow of your amazing base and the righteousness of Kixeye ruining your life.
    The uncensored Battle Pirates Forum...

http://tinyurl.com/d5bhmhs
  • Financeranger
    Financeranger
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 462
    Base 5 level 27.jpg

Add the extra land tile if u can, get DU 4 and play with re-arranging the turrets. If possible cover the turns with VMs. Are you attacked by HH that often? I am not and most FF fleets are spanked. I can even repel most HH fleets. I added DU4 walls and turrets on 4 and it makes a HUGE difference. Also adding Sent 4 and howie 4 will make another HUGE difference. It is worth the effort despite the mundane effort. Best of luck
    Level 102, Collected all the hulls kix wants me to coin! Sectors travels...who cares play the game and don't whine when you get hit!
  • 0r1g1n
    0r1g1n
    Strike-force Captain
    Your the clown getting farmed for almost free...not me! Your point is your base gets OWNED by anti fleets...and I agreed. You say yourself 'I haven't paid any attention to the ups and downs of any design.'...and so your getting destroyed by an anti fleet. Where is the shock in that??? Anti's came out almost a month ago...you ain't updated nothing. Plus there is no way that base be leveling fleets of lvl 40 with ease before anti's...that's a load of dung.

I've hit a ton of bases on the way to level 32 baby Or1g1n. You post garbage about your amazing base getting owned and someone bucks up and tells you why. Look at the other posts in yer thread. Any help there? You responded EXACTLY as expected from a guy that feels he's awesome and got owned so it's the clearly the game's fault. The exact reason I don't waste helping you. I've posted help for lots of people too. After it sinks in that you need to update and improve your base then you might get some help. Till then enjoy the glow of your amazing base and the righteousness of Kixeye ruining your life.
    Battle log 2.jpg

Now in exhibit B.. yeah, w/e. Here we have a typical attack with typical outcome. Good fleets again'st my base and everything is level 3 so it's natural they'd get it, I'm okay with that. You see, what this tells me is that once I get either Level 4 plats or weapons, the design will dominate.

I know the typical outcomes and what SHOULD happen. I'm saying that the game mechanics are off when a ship doesn't drop past 50% with a half way decent design.. You still haven't learned to read?

• Chris_Wolfe
    Chris_Wolfe
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 425
    Base 5 level 27.jpg

If i was in your shoes, I would move the labs to the outside, Drop your RG's to one of each (Help force the 25% DP). Redesign the defence into a more concentrated configuration. The entrance is good since it has a couple of turns and will slow players down. I would personally keep the vics since they work better in a concentrated tower configuration (Anti mortars arent nearly as good as people keep claiming them to be). I would work on researching Howie 4's and DU 4.

Sadly there isnt much more you can do until you unlock the lv 4 gear to stop FF's & HH's owing your base, But if you can inflict maxium damage, then you have a good base desgin. :)
    If playing Battle Pirates taught me anything, it's:

You can please some people most of the time, and you can please most people some of the time, but you will never, ever be able to keep those bitchy little whiners who inhabit yours forums from having a cry about every single thing you ever do (or don't do).

*In my best old man voice* Kids these days have no idea how easy they have it. All these new fangled gadgets and no idea how to use it.
  • HanQuinJao2
    HanQuinJao2
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 548
    Base 5 level 27.jpg

Just came into the thread. Or1g1n I read most of the posts, and sounds like you're getting some good comments. I have a design kind of similar to yours but with my turrets more in smaller area and higher concentration of fire.

You're level 27, I'd start now getting where you can research DU4 (If you haven't already) and then upgrade at least 5 of your platforms to level 4 armor. And when you can (ASAP) pick one weapon to research Level 4 and start upgrading turrets to level 4 of whatever you select. Eventually get all your platforms to Level 4. It will also make your defenses more rocket resistant.

And Level 3 Bombards and Flaks are very good. But the design you have, the Bombards will not cover many platforms so I'd advise at most one bombard at intersection.
    Battle Pirates 947189
    Windows XP SP3
    Flash 10.3
    Mozilla 7.0.1
  • WhenEvilComes
    WhenEvilComes
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,241
    It really does not matter what you do at this point.. the game is so out of balance every base in the game can be easily cracked if not with mortars then with siege missiles.. anyone that says different is fooling themselves. Best thing you can do is upgrade those platforms and all your guns to lv4. Play around with your weapon placement for better concentration of fire power.

• Suffren
    Suffren
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 478
    Thats a horrible design. Im shocked you hold out anyone. Theres no reason why a 5FF flt shouldnt crater the OP and take minimal damage. There are better OP4 bases in the forums. Simply put if you dont have DU4 and your lvl27 then your bringing a butter knife to a gun fight.

To the OP: You have been spoiled and treated with kid gloves. There will be players coming to your area with the ability to crush that base and crush bases much better than that. You just went from being the baddest lvl3 to the weakest lvl4. You are now a freshman again and the wedgys and swirllies that you gave out last yr well..... you are now asking if you may have another.
    Suffren
    currently sec 492
    lvl 57
  • Chris_Wolfe
    Chris_Wolfe
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 425
    SmokinJoe wrote: »
    It really does not matter what you do at this point.. the game is so out of balance every base in the game can be easily cracked if not with mortars then with siege missiles.. anyone that says different is fooling themselves. Best thing you can do is upgrade those platforms and all your guns to lv4. Play around with your weapon placement for better concentration of fire power.

So Very true. I have found if you are constantly going out and base hitting players alot most people will just leave you alone.
    If playing Battle Pirates taught me anything, it's:

You can please some people most of the time, and you can please most people some of the time, but you will never, ever be able to keep those bitchy little whiners who inhabit yours forums from having a cry about every single thing you ever do (or don't do).

*In my best old man voice* Kids these days have no idea how easy they have it. All these new fangled gadgets and no idea how to use it.