Resources in excess of WH max, are now lost when canceling reasearch!

gregde81
gregde81
Incursion Leader
Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,174
edited 13 Jan 2012, 8:51PM
So I started the research on the HH with no officer, since i did not have an officer nor was one given when update was made (at first). I was about 1 hour into research when i reloaded the page and there was a message stating i had an officer. In the hour between my refreshes I dock a fleet of FFs that had 22.5mill + around another 10-15 mill in drac cargo. I decided to cancel the research to apply my new officer to the naval lab, however when my resources were refunded i was given only my Max WH could hold 39.6M of each. The remaining balance around 35million was lost.

This was a standard tactic allowing players to build ships which require more resources then allowed to the WH. It would have been nice to know that i would loose these resources.

Anyways thought it would be nice of me to share this before others suffer from this mistake.
  • Caustic
    Caustic
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 87
    Yeah thats not new. Just like when you attack a salvage and are full of a res it will not go past the cap
  • gregde81
    gregde81
    Incursion Leader
    Caustic wrote: »
    Yeah thats not new. Just like when you attack a salvage and are full of a res it will not go past the cap

I think you didnt get the meaning of the post. I am not talking about ships hitting salvage. considering its your 6th post i will let it slide :)
  • Vinsanity
    Vinsanity
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 71
    Thanks for the info, good to know before I lost resources. @Caustic, you used to be able to go past the cap when cancelling stuff. That is what he is referring to.
    BP: p_o--SBS (34)
    Taking it easy in 264
    Exclusively insector hitter
  • Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,534
    That's not the same thing... He's referring to having a research or upgrade going with full or nearly full warehouses & it holding the res beyond the warehouse capacity after canceling something that was building or researching & just being overstocked until you restarted the research or build again. You have always been able to overstock warehouses when canceling something since the res was already tied up in a build or research. He is saying that has changed now.
    [QUOTE]"I'm a hacker!" - Will Harbin[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE]"He was once a legit player like you, until he took a cheat tool to the knee." - Xandamere[/QUOTE]
  • Caustic
    Caustic
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 87
    Ive had capped oil for a few days about a week ago when cancelled it went to my 4th warehouse level 10s cap every time not beyond.
  • gregde81
    gregde81
    Incursion Leader
    Ive had capped oil for a few days about a week ago when cancelled it went to my 4th warehouse level 10s cap every time not beyond.

I believe the cancel trick only worked on research items, not ship repairs or docking fleets. Is that you experienced as well.

Has anyone had the same thing happen?
  • Vancouver Jimmy
    Vancouver Jimmy
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,553
    Ship builds use to send res limits over cap when you cancelled them...but I ain't trying that today as I'm deep into a long one!
    The uncensored Battle Pirates Forum...

http://tinyurl.com/d5bhmhs
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    Really? I thought you can only ever go over max by canceling a ship or accepting resource crates. It has never gave me back any resources for canceling buildings/upgrading or research over what my max warehouse capacity was. I can say I lost a fair amount because of canceling my upgrading lab 3 times over the past weeks, just so I could move stuff about to adapt to hailstorms and SFB.
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • Madman_s276
    Madman_s276
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 114
    And u can add an officer after u started. At least I can.
  • gregde81
    gregde81
    Incursion Leader
    And u can add an officer after u started. At least I can.

When i did this it did not change the build time.
  • spicer-70
    spicer-70
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,945
    hmm... seems to have been that way for quite some time from what I recall. Only time I've seen WHs go over max capacity is when collecting on the missions or whatever they're called.
  • Proteus Cell
    Proteus Cell
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 501
    Long time ago it used to allow one to go over max when canceling but people were taking advantage of it to store over cap and upgrade/research things that they did not yet have the storage capacity to do.
    Sector 275

User ID is: 876005