My Op5 design... EASY to defend against all attacks

Joseph Gordon
Joseph Gordon
Minor Nuisance
Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 241
edited 13 Jan 2012, 8:54PM
I came up with this design when i was around level 25(level 29 now) and i have watched numerous attacks using FF and HH fail to destroy a single wharehouse or my outpost. NO I AM NOT SAYING THIS DESIGN IS UN_CRACKABLE as i believe there is not one design that can not be broken. However in my experience with base design this is the most well rounded layout i could come up with pre-SFB.

Now when the new SFB special came out i watched the forums explode with whiners crying foul saying they could no longer defend their bases and i too was a little worried at first, but after taking a closer look at my base setup i 100% DISAGREE. My base required NO CHANGES PERIOD to defend against the new special as there is only one wharehouse vulnerable to sniping and it is covered by 2 defensive platforms, one sentinel and one victory mortar. And i have watched a few coiners try again and again to snipe a wharehouse from the outside with no success.

So I decided to post my layout for a couple of reasons first of which is to show that IT IS POSSIBLE TO DEFEND YOUR BASE with smart turret selections and careful planing.

Second i am curious as to what people think about my layout and its strengths/weakness....like the old saying goes two heads are better then one.

And third TO GIVE A BIG THUMBS UP TO KIXEYE!!! THANK YOU for bringing missiles back into the game and giving us players more options for fleet vs fleet setups other then the previous standard HB3/ballistic as well as new designs for base killer/prep fleets.

my op5 base design.jpg
destroydeadlol.jpg

And just to add a little validity to my claim here is the battle log from the most recent attack against my base courtesy of captaindestroy level 33. He destroyed all but one of my guns but DID NOT destroy a single wharehouse or my outpost
Leviticus4 said:
If you have been playing any amount of time you should know how fleeting the shelf life is on anything Kixeye puts into the game.  Spend a small fortune, enjoy the 8 weeks of fun, then buy whatever makes it obsolete.

Crackheads know that crack is dumb, but they enjoy it anyway for 20 minutes of glory.  Battle Pirates isn't much different.

• Taxman
    Taxman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 18
    your attachments wont open
  • Joseph Gordon
    Joseph Gordon
    Minor Nuisance
    Taxman wrote: »
    your attachments wont open
    I re-attached them, please try again :)

Name is very familiar........question for you do you reside in sector 336?
    Leviticus4 said:
    If you have been playing any amount of time you should know how fleeting the shelf life is on anything Kixeye puts into the game.  Spend a small fortune, enjoy the 8 weeks of fun, then buy whatever makes it obsolete.

Crackheads know that crack is dumb, but they enjoy it anyway for 20 minutes of glory.  Battle Pirates isn't much different.

• wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    its ok but not the best
    Decimate the Weak

Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

• mike666
    mike666
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 141
    i ll use a prep fleet next time.. you wanna know the flaws , well for one i hit your dock and took it out on recon
    ... youll see champ
    anyways happy hunting see ya when that bubble pops
    captaindestroy
  • John Sharrett
    John Sharrett
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 63
    would it defend against rockets with booster lvl 3 that the question ive had 2 lvl 41 fleet hit my base and hit me with 2 nukes and he didn't get past the 2nd turn he has a lvl 35 base mine is lvl 32 i still had 6 guns left.
  • Joseph Gordon
    Joseph Gordon
    Minor Nuisance
    wesker wrote: »
    its ok but not the best
    Care to elaborate? and keep in mind i'm really referring to the layout not necessarily the level of platform.

Forgot to add Sentinel's lvl 4, Howitzers lvl 3 and victory mortars lvl 3
    Leviticus4 said:

• mike666
    mike666
    Minor Nuisance
    joesph it wont hold up to rockets. it wont no matter what the next time i hit
    captiandestroy
  • Joseph Gordon
    Joseph Gordon
    Minor Nuisance
    Removed by Author See next post

...couldnt figure out how to remove lol
    Leviticus4 said:

• mike666
    mike666
    Minor Nuisance
    well cool joesph i will and that is a great attitude nice
    and u are right about the ships lvls
  • Joseph Gordon
    Joseph Gordon
    Minor Nuisance
    mike666 wrote: »
    i ll use a prep fleet next time.. you wanna know the flaws , well for one i hit your dock and took it out on recon
    ... youll see champ
    anyways happy hunting see ya when that bubble pops
    captaindestroy

Sorry about the research times the other day i was trying to pick a fight as i haven't been attacked since i've been in this sector, lol. And you cant really design a good base without having it tested, hopefully i am on the next time you attack so i can watch. And really u would be hard pressed to prep me effectively without bubbling me but we shall see. my bubble will be popped at 3 pm PST if you want come on down and have another go at it ill even leave it open for you. oh and i moved my dock so next time wont be so easy to take it thank you for showing me that.

No worries on your next attack though i honestly INVITE it, this is after all a war game!
    would it defend against rockets with booster lvl 3 that the question

All wharehouses with the exception of one are 4 space + one wall space away from land border which according to kixeye will outrange any weapon including sfb missile fleets.
    Leviticus4 said:

• dracoon.74530.590
    dracoon.74530.590
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 527
    mine is very similar, put 4 walls in front of the 1st row, then no mortars will fire over it... and on the backside by ur OP, you don't need walls on the backside of ur turrets... here's mine... works against rushers, cuz i got 3 howitzer 4's, and it works against the slow assault mortars/ hailstorm ff's..
    BP base.jpg
    Lil_****
    level 80 
    i may talk a lot of crap, but i know how to bring the stain ;) 
    youtube channel- luedtke1010
  • Joseph Gordon
    Joseph Gordon
    Minor Nuisance
    mine is very similar, put 4 walls in front of the 1st row, then no mortars will fire over it... and on the backside by ur OP, you don't need walls on the backside of ur turrets... here's mine... works against rushers, cuz i got 3 howitzer 4's, and it works against the slow assault mortars/ hailstorm ff's..

i like your setup looks good but still a little vulnerable to rockets but i dont think ballistics would get through the 4 layers of walls at all lol . after thinking about it i altered my layout a little to help defend against the rockets, instead of two walls in between the first and second row i now have three rows and no walls at the rear of the second row. hopefully i will be tested soon and will see how it fares! :)
    Leviticus4 said:

• Joseph Gordon
    Joseph Gordon
    Minor Nuisance
    mike666 wrote: »
    Yes i saw that video hopefully kixeye addresses this issue because according to the video they posted it SHOULD be enough range to be protected even though apparently its not. lol
    Leviticus4 said:

• KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    Overall, that looks like a pretty smart design. The pic is too small for me to see which turrets you have though. Would love to see a large picture, please.
  • Joseph Gordon
    Joseph Gordon
    Minor Nuisance
    Overall, that looks like a pretty smart design. The pic is too small for me to see which turrets you have though. Would love to see a large picture, please.

Here is an updated screen shot couldnt figure out how to make the picture larger so i did this instead hope it works for ya

my op5 base design2.jpg
    my op5 base design2.jpg
    Leviticus4 said:

• dracoon.74530.590
    dracoon.74530.590
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 527
    turret zoom.jpg
    swag i was attempting to get my base up for base of the week... do you have any ideas on how i could record a base attack? i have plenty of enemies in sector that i could let attempt my base haha...

bombard 3, one vic 4, rest r vic 3's, sentinal 4, howitzer 4
    Lil_****
    level 80 
    i may talk a lot of crap, but i know how to bring the stain ;) 
    youtube channel- luedtke1010
  • Devin Zayne
    Devin Zayne
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 36
    hi-o gi....im octobers rust from 145...base looks good
    Your User ID is: 2491
  • Taxman
    Taxman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 18
    no ive moved
  • Joseph Gordon
    Joseph Gordon
    Minor Nuisance
    I re-attached them, please try again :)

Name is very familiar........question for you do you reside in sector 336?

Well Taxman care to answer my question?

ps Im back in 337 if you want to come give me a test :D
    hi-o gi....im octobers rust from 145...base looks good
    Thx Devin though im sure it will be cracked soon and i will have the long process of changing it again. LOL just part of the game i guess, I just wish kixeye would figure out a way to move/store all walls at once that would make altering bases layouts much much more quick and simple
    Leviticus4 said:

• OCTOBERS RUST
    OCTOBERS RUST
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 459
    Thx Devin though im sure it will be cracked soon and i will have the long process of changing it again. LOL just part of the game i guess, I just wish kixeye would figure out a way to move/store all walls at once that would make altering bases layouts much much more quick and simple[/QUOTE]
    You aint kiddin....thats the worst part of this game is rearranging...but i might steal this design:o
    Player ID: 2163

• Man Tim
    Man Tim
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,372
    not really a good base man, you WH can still be sniped and dock can be killed, and people can try to use all their strength to kill your OP when you are full
    BYM level: 46<47>48|ID: 11207746
    WC level: 28<29>banned|ID: 183
    BP level: 52<53>54|ID: 789488|Name: 1234567890|Sector: 442|
    Raid Prizes won:
    Everything except SS, HailC, and rocket reload thiny :rolleyes:
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.
    eze wrote: »
    The future scares the crap outta me o.O
  • moforocks
    moforocks
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,827
    Are you **** me! I would eat this base up and spit it out for breakfast. One attack and one BB. However, this layout is old! I had this same out last year!!! Move to sector 157, 158, or 159, I could test it out every 2 days.
    TheMOFO_Resurrected
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Marcnstacy214?feature=guide
    **** HAPPENS, when you fall down, get back up!
  • Joseph Gordon
    Joseph Gordon
    Minor Nuisance
    Man Tim wrote: »
    not really a good base man, you WH can still be sniped and dock can be killed, and people can try to use all their strength to kill your OP when you are full

How can my wh be sniped? they are all out the range KIXEYE stated and ive seen it tried on my base and failed. please do elaborate.
    moforocks wrote: »
    Are you **** me! I would eat this base up and spit it out for breakfast. One attack and one BB. However, this layout is old! I had this same out last year!!! Move to sector 157, 158, or 159, I could test it out every 2 days.

First if you READ the first post you would see IM NOT SAYING THIS IS AN UN-CRACKABLE BASE AS NO BASE IS UNCRACKABLE. I am simply saying that it is possible to design a well rounded base that takes into account all types of attacks.

Second Im speaking about the LAYOUT not the level of platforms and weapons and the success i have had with it again i never said this was the perfect layout or the best possible one in the game. As i originally stated in the first post I posted this to help the crybabies see that it is possible to at least try to defend their bases, because i have gotten tired of the endless threads of crying and whining.

Third i posted this to gain POSITIVE feedback and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism so please withhold the useless comments or better yet take the ranting to someone that cares
    Leviticus4 said:

• moforocks
    moforocks
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,827
    Lol, sorry I hurt your feelings! Everyone is a *** sometimes, sorry!
    TheMOFO_Resurrected
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Marcnstacy214?feature=guide
    **** HAPPENS, when you fall down, get back up!
  • Joseph Gordon
    Joseph Gordon
    Minor Nuisance
    moforocks wrote: »
    Lol, sorry I hurt your feelings! Everyone is a *** sometimes, sorry!

No hurt feelings here i am simply stating the facts. i know this base wont stand up to everything in this game and it shouldnt where would the fun be in trying to raid and un-breakable base? I am just tired of the useless crying on the forums about SFB and how they cant defend anymore. Its a war game adapt learn survive...simple
    Leviticus4 said:

• kingj0n
    kingj0n
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,429
    Well, no base is unbreakable, and it's fun trying to break hard bases.. Though, not sure if you'd survive.
  • cte
    cte
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 291
    not bad but has problems. 1)only 3 turns (actually2) 2)some of wares are still vulnerable to 96 range missles from outside moat 3) plus you have no way to stop a siege missle fleet equiped with SB3,RA3, and antimorts. think about it if your vms and sents are nullified, and ur howz way out if range how u gonna stop em??!?
    Here is an updated screen shot couldnt figure out how to make the picture larger so i did this instead hope it works for ya

my op5 base design2.jpg
    my op5 base design2.jpg
  • LordDrago
    LordDrago
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 344
    Anyway you could post a larger image of your base? The one that is attached now is so small I can't make out your turret layout.
  • Bill Thomas
    Bill Thomas
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 453
    I fight that type all the time, take out the howi's are you are home free.
    Boomo
    Lvl hmmm not sure let me look....