Solid fuel boosters attack

• asskicker
    asskicker
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 503
    Kixeye this is a **** joke if you do not fix it I will be contacting my lawyer because I have spent a lot of money in this game just so someone can come hit my base with fking ffs with cutlasses and hit my op warehours and docks without even going into my base and for them shooting over 4 pieces of land that is a fking joke nerf it or you will have a lawsuit on your hands.
    Thank you for your time have a very nice day and get it the fk fixed now =) yours truly,
    AK
    Noobs stop making stupid idiotic post and let the know it alls do the talking lmao have a nice day. :D:lol::)
  • KarmaWT
    KarmaWT
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 9
    If the Rockets can get that much range, which they do because a CC player in my sector bought them and refitted his FF's with them already can hit my WH's in the middle of my island, I think we should get 6-10 extra land pieces, or 2 extra turrets, just to use the Flak Guns to shoot them down. I don't want to have to pull 1-2 Turrets from my entrance making it easier for all the non CC players to get in. Just my thoughts.
  • Tony MacKay
    Tony MacKay
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 27
    Well my base was already set so that these 96 missiles can't reach anything, what luck :) It's not that hard to set up a nice wide moat. My moat just happens to be 97 at its narrowest points.
  • Jaczilla OddFour
    Jaczilla OddFour
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 331
    GigaPieRat you were soo poor was ur attacker only after XP`s :rolleyes:
    ~~ Arrr!! there`s life after Zynga/PRTC and ~~ "The Dirty Bess" sails ~~  into even more Drama ~~

Born 179 ~ June 1st, 2011 ~ 511K ID# ~ On Tour since December, 2011 ~ Alliance N1C ~ Full pretty picture Set ~
  • sulack
    sulack
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 128
    karma i already told you how to defend against them and i only took 1 wh of yours being nice

King Rogue
    Rogue Alliance
    Quote "Kixeye CM Swag"

Okay, this is not the place for this. Take the trash talk to the War Room please!
  • ikzer
    ikzer
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 67
    The M wrote: »
    Elite rank + assault missiles + 5FF = 60 missiles every 3 seconds (20 every second).
    Flak: reload of 2, salvo of 4. 6 every 3 seconds (2 every second).
    Now factor in the flak's splash! If the missiles are bunched together then just one shot from a flak will take them out. Seeing that by the time the missiles get near the warehouses as shown in the pic, all the missiles from the same FF are grouped together allowing for one shot to take out all 6 from that FF.
    With that effectiveness those 6 shots from the flak would take out 36 missiles. So only 2 flak needed.

If all the ships were to be stacked like in that pic making all the missiles from all the ships group together. It would allow for even more of the missiles to be taken out in one shot by the flak and hopefully only needing one flak to counter them.

Still with a flak taking out 6 at a time it would only need 2 flak minimum.

Sadly the problem I have with this is that all someone needs to do is use a large bunker buster to take out the flak and it's game over.

its all blah blah to me ... show me a video of flaks doing what ur saying it does "in action" ... i see a picture of a base being farmville from outside.
  • SaBBer_Tooth
    SaBBer_Tooth
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 16
    Stop your :crying: . Do a base reconstruction and your still safe..I am lvl 33 and have already nerfed the missiles by reconstructing my base..Play the Game dont let the game play you..Research the boosters and use them on less fortunate (Lemme SEE) in the box thinkers!!
  • Boomer8712
    Boomer8712
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 823
    You know what... Ill just research this rocket booster and bubble my base after each base attack lmao ;)

• Countryrazorback
    Countryrazorback
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 188
    Honestly, follow M's advice if you like but I can tell you if you lose 2 towers to your entrance then everyone is walking through and simply taking it the old fashioned way.

The funny thing is that you guys are all worried about assault missiles when all you do to put another water square around everything. Sucks but pretty easy fix. There is another combo that is a million times worse and most likely unstoppable.
    Ok, so tell me where and how are we supposed to get this extra water square? Yea, we could nerf the entrance and take out a turn or 2 maybe, then someone with engines and hull streamlining can just jet ski past the turrets and walk on in.
    As another user has said, we are already maxed out on the available land we're given to have the most effective base design up to date. In order for us to also add more water space to counter these new missiles then some other area of the base is gonna suffer, like the entrance turns.
    Doesn't matter what you do, if you try to compensate for missiles they'll just start hitting you with thuds. If you keep the current layout that can be pretty effective agains most of the old weapons, then your susceptible to attack from outside by missiles.
    And all these folks saying "Just add flaks" is pure bunk. How do you know exactly where they will attack from? So exactly where do you suggest putting these flaks? One on each corner maybe? So you lose 4 turrets of the entrance defense, thus once gain nerfing one thing to defend against another!!
  • jeremiah78
    jeremiah78
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,426
    you do not need a full water space to outrange the missiles just dont put your warehouses and op on the edge and you will be fine
  • Dogued
    Dogued
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 267
    You can't "jetski" past howie IV
    Sent IV has longer range so that cuts of the front assault.
    Flack IV (Even Flack III) has a 70+ range which will cover 5WH & OP & some towers depending on your design.
    A Flack tower delivers spalsh damage to an area of the sky. Any number of incoming missiles in this "area" cop the damage. This means rate of fire or number of missiles incoming is irrelevant if they are all arriving at the same time, the flack will take them out.

While I do think it is a bit over ranged (Probably should have gone 10%, 15%, 25%), it's not a game breaker.
  • USS ENTERPRISE
    USS ENTERPRISE
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,686
    Yeah this is a silly idea to give missiles so much range.

Wonder who thought this was a "Brilliant" idea.
    Hitman007 wrote: »
    some times we get glitches, but come on, its a great game
    FallOut wrote: »
    Only idea I saw was "We want Dry Dock now" not very good idea.
    Flo wrote: »
    and also it will be easier findable.
  • Toy Jun Kie 1
    Toy Jun Kie 1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,269
    Dogued wrote: »
    You can't "jetski" past howie IV
    But You Can Pick Them Off One At A Time
    Sent IV has longer range so that cuts of the front assault.
    Good Tactics And These Also Can Get Picked Off One At A Time
    Flack IV (Even Flack III) has a 70+ range which will cover 5WH & OP & some towers depending on your design.
    A Flack tower delivers splash damage to an area of the sky. Any number of incoming missiles in this "area" cop the damage. This means rate of fire or number of missiles incoming is irrelevant if they are all arriving at the same time, the flack will take them out.
    Easy enough to Stagger the firing pattern of the missiles to neutralize the Flak splash damage
    While I do think it is a bit over ranged (Probably should have gone 10%, 15%, 25%), it's not a game breaker.
    For anyone with an OP4 It is as there's no way they can both defend their OP/WH's from sniping the back AND defend the front door
  • Abdul
    Abdul
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 31
    Please post pictures of this SO CALLED UNTOUCHABLE BASE THAT CAN PROTECT YOUR RESEARCHES/UPGRADES/DOCK AND WH's/OP from range 96.2 missiles

5 Squares away from ur WH'S, op and Dock and the missiles cant hit them.
  • Toy Jun Kie 1
    Toy Jun Kie 1
    Incursion Leader
    Abdul wrote: »
    5 Squares away from ur WH'S, op and Dock and the missiles cant hit them.

NSS show me pictures of a base that can protect UPGRADES/RESEARCHES/WH's/OP AND still be safe from those RANGE 96.2 MISSILES.
  • Boomer8712
    Boomer8712
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 823
    Heres your pic lmao
    Attachment not found.
    NSS show me pictures of a base that can protect UPGRADES/RESEARCHES/WH's/OP AND still be safe from those RANGE 96.2 MISSILES.

• Abdul
    Abdul
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 31

just like i said, 5 squares away from ur WH'S etc and it's safe from range 96.2, it's easy, so pls next time try it first and then cry
  • Toy Jun Kie 1
    Toy Jun Kie 1
    Incursion Leader
    Yep I guess it'll be bubble pirates not Battle pirates
  • Toy Jun Kie 1
    Toy Jun Kie 1
    Incursion Leader
    Abdul wrote: »
    just like i said, 5 squares away from ur WH'S etc and it's safe from range 96.2, it's easy, so pls next time try it first and then cry
    Oh GREAT ONE Show us if it's so fricking easy.
  • kingj0n
    kingj0n
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,429
    He cannot, all bases will lose their dock to trollers..
  • kingbiatch
    kingbiatch
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 419
    Doesn't mean it always will, if I can get 1 shot through every 3-4 rounds, thats more than enough to take out your warehouses. Remember, I have 4 attempts to try.

If it isn't 100% guaranteed to block all missile damage, it isn't viable. Period.

You're definitely good need more than 1 flak gun, thats for sure. You think you're so smart thinking one is gonna cover everything? I'll bring my ships into range at different intervals, to throw the Flak gun's pattern off. Still not gonna block everything.

Its a waste anyways since no one will ever seriously hit a base with missiles. Wasted turret unless they beef up the damage on missiles to compete with ballistics.

You are arguing in support of insanity. Stop it!
    sorry i would hit with just missles with specials u cant stop them
    KingBiatch

LV 85
    242K id
  • zenith99
    zenith99
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 32
    but like someone said bunker buster or orion the flak and game over
  • kingbiatch
    kingbiatch
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 419
    well i dont like it,but its a challange not had base done in a long time just means alot of tweeking to base,its got to be looked at by kixeye i agree
    KingBiatch

LV 85
    242K id
  • lrb
    lrb
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 158
    i like the upgrade; here is wy; i am lvl 27 now my base hasent been crackt after lvl 19! ... at lvl 25 it took a full flt of HH...
    under these conditions it is to easy to make a "unbrakable base"
    sure i can still hit bases (of idiots who have a square base or only mortars or...) but any one whit a bit of inteligence can make a verry hard base to crack, when is the last time that any of u lvl 32 -33 had ur base crackt?? (to be honest my base desing is quite radical (i have only 3 wh so you can only get in fire range if you have FF whit eng 3 and trusters 2 (maby 1 also but than u'll only get 1 wh at most) i have tested this))
    my point being if you yuse ur brain the base disings are to good now.
    ps the damage output of assault mis is not very high compaird to mortars.
    ppps i do agrea on the fackt, it sucs that its posible to atack 4 x in a row (so 20min in total) cos whit this kind of atacs u will ofc not bbl...

ok now some questions, will wals (around wh) or even on the ring stop any of the incoming misiles?
    or reduse the incoming damage atleast? (else wals are infact prety usles )

btw i am very hapy whit the mis cos now i will finaly be able to yuse somting else then my subs for salvaging :-)
    sr for very bad spelling
  • jeremiah78
    jeremiah78
    Incursion Leader
    This new special isnt a free ticket to raid every base out there. may players have bases that can stop them so please stop whinning about it and fix your bases. you DO NOT NEED 4 water tiles 3 water and 1 land tile works just dont put your op or ware houses on the edge even 1 wall space is enough to keep your stuff safe
  • Tyrannulet
    Tyrannulet
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 830
    The M wrote: »
    Flak anyone?
    Before anyone starts doing the math and saying flak is worthless, flak has splash allowing one shot to take out a group of missiles. Look at your pic, all those missiles grouped together would be taken out by a single flak in no time.

Then we all need to get rid of 2-3 turrets from our entrance to put on our island, I'm OP4 , and that would take me down to 9 turrets at my entrance, not very defensible
  • jeremiah78
    jeremiah78
    Incursion Leader
    Tyrannulet wrote: »
    Then we all need to get rid of 2-3 turrets from our entrance to put on our island, I'm OP4 , and that would take me down to 9 turrets at my entrance, not very defensible

If you are op4 and above level 23 you need to get op5 before you do anything else. and only reason i say level 23 is if a cc comes along they can get advance lab 10 by level 28 in turn they wont be a level 28 for long with weapons like that, so really level 25 up are the ones that have to worry about constant attacks from these weapons and by level 25 you have shockwave fleets to worry about too not just this new upgrade which will level any op4 set up so GET YOUR OP 5 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE for many reasons not just this 1 weapon
  • Dean Harvey
    Dean Harvey
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 670
    for 1 thing my base cant get bigger coz it has used all build space up so even with extra terrain tiles they can still hit it from certain points also if this was released and there were no anti mortar weapons then the use of 2 flaks would not matter no were near as much but coz nor RA£ with anti mortars and shocks needs at least 11-12 turrets too beat it. now what no one has noticed is that rockets as in ship based ones are now pointless to use coz before they still killed missile ships but now missiles have this range its like giving ships sent4's and u only having howie4's u have no chance using rockets for anything now so KIXEYE please change it to affect rockets instead of missiles then rockets will be even with missiles and ballistics like they should be.

But i now realy do hope that they remove the IBM's from the game but i bet this was released to increase the amount that are used which is stupid coz now we move 2 turrets for flaks then someone uses large bunker buster on 1 retreats buys another then takes out other 1 leaving the base open to sniping, i bet this was KIXEYE's plan all along.
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,046
    jeremiah78 wrote: »
    3 water and 1 land tile works just dont put your op or ware houses on the edge even 1 wall space is enough to keep your stuff safe

Oh, you mean like the 3 water, 1 land and 1 wall space on my base in the picture shown? That's sort of the whole point of this thread, that is NOT enough to keep your stuff safe anymore. Also, I was not whining, I was merely showing evidence of what the new SFBs were capable of and letting people know that some already have the new tech. I had to do a temporary fix since my weapons lab is still upgrading and can't be moved, but I think I have enough space on the OP and WHs to keep them safe. If I have the opportunity, I'll ask the attacker to try again to verify that.
    "we have never banned on IP address, we ban cheaters. If you cheat you will be banned." CM QRich
  • Thomas Boucher
    Thomas Boucher
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 127
    Although the flak gun does do slash and what ever, a player will have 4 or 5 chance (i dont remember) to hit a base before there is an automatic bubble . In those 4-5 chance the missles will pass by the flak gun and will eventually do damage. First attack can be concentrated on destroying flak gun/s and then you have 3 more chances to go in the base before there is a bubble. The damage will add up and who ever attacking will get what they want
    Battle Pirates Lvl 30
    Sector: 217
This discussion has been closed.