Solid fuel boosters attack

• MrSnuggles
    MrSnuggles
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 79
    Guys, try it all first. I have a mate that has already adjusted his base, with minimal changes to his overall structure and it has fixed the problem. It does create vunerablilities else where, but that is nature of things. No base is perfect, no base should be uncrackable. Given the base building rules, there is a finite number of possible designs; all this would do is reduce the number of effective variations.

They key to a good defense has always been the correct balance of weapons. Most of you should remember we only used to have 12 turrets, now we have been given 14. This basically 2 free turrets for defensive weapons. Everyone can put a flak on. You need a balance, if you display a particular bias - Vics, Sents or whatever it can be exploited.

I for one cant wait to give these babies a run, as a Cutt prep fleet was always a favourite of mine because of the precision :)
  • David the First
    David the First
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,659
    yes am refitting a tower to flack possibly 2
    King David Level 57

winner of dreads,barracudas,goliath,strike cruisers,dread x, battle ship, excetera excetera add nauseum

sectors visited 32 268 415 479 481 484 402 home sector 67
  • Toy Jun Kie 1
    Toy Jun Kie 1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,269
    MrSnuggles wrote: »
    Guys, try it all first. I have a mate that has already adjusted his base, with minimal changes to his overall structure and it has fixed the problem. It does create vunerablilities else where, but that is nature of things. No base is perfect, no base should be uncrackable. Given the base building rules, there is a finite number of possible designs; all this would do is reduce the number of effective variations.

They key to a good defense has always been the correct balance of weapons. Most of you should remember we only used to have 12 turrets, now we have been given 14. This basically 2 free turrets for defensive weapons. Everyone can put a flak on. You need a balance, if you display a particular bias - Vics, Sents or whatever it can be exploited.

I for one cant wait to give these babies a run, as a Cutt prep fleet was always a favourite of mine because of the precision :)

OOH Can I See Some Pictures Of This FARM ME BASE. NO BASE WAS UNBEATABLE BEFORE THIS "CHANGE" WITH DRAC TECH AND STRATEGY. BUT NOW OP4's ARE GONNA BE FARMED 10000000000000x MORE AND EVEN OP5's ARE WAY TOO EASY WITHOUT MORE LAND OR A REDUCTION TO 84-86 RANGE WITH BOOSTER III
  • MrSnuggles
    MrSnuggles
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 79
    Didnt think about OP4 bases... better start coining lads! :D
  • asskicker
    asskicker
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 503
    at this point im pretty sure most people havve gotten sick of the game and dont want to spend another cent on it wouldnt be suprised if the number of hackers went up more
    Noobs stop making stupid idiotic post and let the know it alls do the talking lmao have a nice day. :D:lol::)
  • Thunder Wolf
    Thunder Wolf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 92
    what is needed now is more land added and 2 - 3 turrets added
  • asskicker
    asskicker
    Skilled Warrior
    i go with land but they really need to nerf them
    Noobs stop making stupid idiotic post and let the know it alls do the talking lmao have a nice day. :D:lol::)
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,046
    The most frustrating part at the moment is that with only 8% damage I didn't get a bubble and my OP still has six hours left to repair before I can move it.
    "we have never banned on IP address, we ban cheaters. If you cheat you will be banned." CM QRich
  • Farley
    Farley
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 674
    Giga:

This will be the death of the game. Worst of it is, there's no way to organize a boycott til this BS is nerfed, I saw a mod warn someone about that earlier today.
  • asskicker
    asskicker
    Skilled Warrior
    full out corret farley
  • Daniel Draper
    Daniel Draper
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 68
    MrSnuggles wrote: »

No base 'was' perfect, they were all crackable. Now every base is a lot easier to get into.
    They lowered the 'ceiling' of base design from about 90-95%(virtually unhittable except by the most skilled players) to 40-50%(some defense, easily doable) taking the difficulty out of base design and n00bifying the entire process of base hitting/base designing.

There were plenty of **** bases to hit before. Now every base is a **** base enforced by the dynamics of offensive weapons.

http://i40.tinypic.com/21cryac.jpg

Get used to seeing that crappy asymmetrical design because that is the only template that can protect your whs against missiles now. Don't worry, they'll just put their missile fleet up and run your weak channel the old fashioned way - bring out the assault mortars/cannon ffs and blow up your clustered towers with less than 50% damage to their boats.
  • Farley
    Farley
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 674
    This update is a game-wrecker.
  • Daniel Draper
    Daniel Draper
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 68
    GigaPirate wrote: »
    The most frustrating part at the moment is that with only 8% damage I didn't get a bubble and my OP still has six hours left to repair before I can move it.

Haha, don't even get these rubes started on that. The harassment factor of this change is second to none.
    You do realize that once you repairing, they can come hit you again, blow up your repping warehouse, and get another 10%.
    Right?
  • asskicker
    asskicker
    Skilled Warrior
    man i am ruling the forums tonight =)
  • mike1148
    mike1148
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9
    What the hell was u guys thinking when u made the distance on these fuel boosters even one was bet much but 2 and 3 come on get the head out of the **** man!!!!!!
    Trade the paper for Real Money!
    How to Buy Gold & Silver Coins At Wholesale Prices
    http://mikejohnson1.com
  • zenith99
    zenith99
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 32
    Kixeye why not respond with your reasoning behind this instead of "try it then come with comments", everyone has seen and how it works on the vids... . The majority of players are pissed off about this.. Please just offer the reasoning for missiles getting the 96 range i dont think thats too much to ask??
  • spicer-70
    spicer-70
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,945
    zenith99 wrote: »
    Kixeye why not respond with your reasoning behind this instead of "try it then come with comments", everyone has seen and how it works on the vids... . The majority of players are pissed off about this.. Please just offer the reasoning for missiles getting the 96 range i dont think thats too much to ask??

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What's the over/under on how long it takes Kixeye to nerf this? HB3 was around for 2? months? Just enough time for people to instantly complete and/or speed up research and refit a couple boats or 20. I'm thinking about a month this go around.

So... when the first coiner (or hacker more likely) swipes my loot, you won't be seeing any more coinage from me. And yes, I'll prolly take my ball and go home too. Tired of this bait and switch BS, bout time to take my business to another gaming company.
  • Smokin' Joe
    Smokin' Joe
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,254
    you could change 2 towers to flack.. IT WONT STOP THESE kind of attacks from happening.. 2 FLACK will not stop a FULL MISSILE BOAT FLEET from taking your goods from the back....

• asskicker
    asskicker
    Skilled Warrior
    yea ut then it could mess up your entire base smokinjoe
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Haha, don't even get these rubes started on that. The harassment factor of this change is second to none.
    You do realize that once you repairing, they can come hit you again, blow up your repping warehouse, and get another 10%.
    Right?

Yes, I do know - and if it had been a "real" attack I wouldn't have posted that. I'm actually glad that it happened now when only a few people will have this tech because it gives me a chance to make some changes before a lot of people have it. I don't think it's as bad as a lot of people think it will be. What I will probably do when I can move things is shrink my island a bit to so I can make my OP and WHs safe, and move my Advanced and weapons labs to a less protected area. Now I just need to hope someone comes and gives me a full-on attack so I can redesign under a bubble. Volunteers? ;)
    "we have never banned on IP address, we ban cheaters. If you cheat you will be banned." CM QRich
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    spicer-70 wrote: »
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What's the over/under on how long it takes Kixeye to nerf this? HB3 was around for 2? months? Just enough time for people to instantly complete and/or speed up research and refit a couple boats or 20. I'm thinking about a month this go around.

So... when the first coiner (or hacker more likely) swipes my loot, you won't be seeing any more coinage from me. And yes, I'll prolly take my ball and go home too. Tired of this bait and switch BS, bout time to take my business to another gaming company.

Exactly.
  • Evil Ares
    Evil Ares
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 816
    Swag said in another thread he's making a video showing attacks from all sides of a base to prove that the photo you posted and the video posted in this thread are flukes. (lol)
  • Shields
    Shields
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 52
    jeez stop complaining and just build your bases to stop the things no need crying about every little thing
  • Ben Yankin
    Ben Yankin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 180
    GigaPirate wrote: »
    Huh. Never thought of that.

you better put in two flak guns also...a bunker buster 3vwill destroy your first one....LOL
    KIXEYE reserves the right to make changes to this Agreement at any time!!!!!!!!!! So get ready to bend over and take it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ralph-White
    Ralph-White
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 95
    This took me 30 min this morning.
    all 14 towers are still on the 6-turn gauntlet.
    What's the big deal?

21cryac.jpg

If I went to this base I wouldn't bother going through all turns... Can stop and kill all your base after the first turn!
  • kwelname
    kwelname
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 521
    Cash cow for kixeye - ya would think they know who bought the booster and who hacked it. This is a great opportunity to ID and eliminate hackers.
    Also a great reason to pay to play.
    Good 2 or 3 week advantage to the CC users.
    Someday kixeye will understand hard core gamers don't like to be nickel and dimed to death - luckily most of those that pay don't play very well .. LOL

Ah well more catch up!
  • Matt Tommo
    Matt Tommo
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 20
    Your right... this new booster is an absoloute joke... the people who agree with it are idiots... kixeye have officially made another mistake and u can bet your life in a few weeks it will be changed like they did with hardened barrels... its a time wasting money grabbing scheme!
  • asskicker
    asskicker
    Skilled Warrior
    kixeye you guys are so fking stupid a baby would be a better designer then you i mean really fking missles that go 96 that is a fking joke all you guys did was tyr to make more fking money as your moto goes "we do not make games to make money we make money to make games" more like we make games to make changes to screw you all of yourt fking money" i mean really now there are fking long ships destroying hammer heads with hb3s thats a fking joke and subs get destroyed before they can fking fir a single shot i mean really what the fk you guys have really screwed up the fking game now their are going to be more hackers hacking lvl 3 boosters speed building ships with them and fking farming bases that is out om pm range that is fking crazy.
  • Abdul
    Abdul
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 31
    oh common, why u all are crying like babies, of course it's possible to redesign it...u still can safe all WH'S, ur op and ur Dock and 2 other buildings like rocket launch etc too.
    And the entrance is still good, the base can still be perfect. U only need the right base design, that'S all.

Kixeye u are doing a great job, so dont hear what all these babys said.
    The missile range is good and it's still possible to have a untouchable base.
  • Toy Jun Kie 1
    Toy Jun Kie 1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,269
    Abdul wrote: »
    oh common, why u all are crying like babies, of course it's possible to redesign it...u still can safe all WH'S, ur op and ur Dock and 2 other buildings like rocket launch etc too.
    And the entrance is still good, the base can still be perfect. U only need the right base design, that'S all.

Kixeye u are doing a great job, so dont hear what all these babys said.
    The missile range is good and it's still possible to have a untouchable base.

Please post pictures of this SO CALLED UNTOUCHABLE BASE THAT CAN PROTECT YOUR RESEARCHES/UPGRADES/DOCK AND WH's/OP from range 96.2 missiles
This discussion has been closed.