Quick Tips

• LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    i get attacked by a guy that sends in 3 waves of 5 mega tanks. Due to time listed on battle log...I'm guessing he coins them cuz a full squad of mega's can't be built in 2 minutes and I'm pretty sure he can't keep 15 of them prowling his yard waiting to attack me.

Anyway, I've built and re-built my base a dozen times using your tips, other tips, even tried unconventional stuff and I just can't stop him. His second wave normally dies and leaves at about the 30% dmg point which means 80-90% of my defenses are now dead. So, teh third wave literally walks in and if I'm lucky I kill 1-2 of the final wave.

I'm a bit frustrated trying to stop wave after wave of "the big dog"...any ideas? P.S. my mines do a decent job cuz normally half of them are exploded when I log on, but, not enough to stop that kind of armorment. And because he wrecks me constantly I can't keep enough res in my base to upgrade turrets past lvl 8. I'm sort of stuck at the top of the lower lvl stuff for everything...now stuff is so expensive that it is basically out of reach if I can't stop this guy. Unless I stay online 24/7. I've tried spending res and even if he only gets a few hundred thous of my res he still coins 3 mega fleets... :(

Any suggestions??

make a better base. He's probably a coiner....
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• martywarner
    martywarner
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 258
    Thanks again gio. I think some of lars too, but hey, 7 challengers, 3 razors and 8 cobras attacked. No resource loot. still getting my buildings that are busy. My fly of course has more units, but I took a bunch out and looted some before leaving the game. BTW all units deployed were lost. I'll keep working on it
  • andrew d
    andrew d
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 832
    i get attacked by a guy that sends in 3 waves of 5 mega tanks. Due to time listed on battle log...I'm guessing he coins them cuz a full squad of mega's can't be built in 2 minutes and I'm pretty sure he can't keep 15 of them prowling his yard waiting to attack me.

Anyway, I've built and re-built my base a dozen times using your tips, other tips, even tried unconventional stuff and I just can't stop him. His second wave normally dies and leaves at about the 30% dmg point which means 80-90% of my defenses are now dead. So, teh third wave literally walks in and if I'm lucky I kill 1-2 of the final wave.

I'm a bit frustrated trying to stop wave after wave of "the big dog"...any ideas? P.S. my mines do a decent job cuz normally half of them are exploded when I log on, but, not enough to stop that kind of armorment. And because he wrecks me constantly I can't keep enough res in my base to upgrade turrets past lvl 8. I'm sort of stuck at the top of the lower lvl stuff for everything...now stuff is so expensive that it is basically out of reach if I can't stop this guy. Unless I stay online 24/7. I've tried spending res and even if he only gets a few hundred thous of my res he still coins 3 mega fleets... :(

Any suggestions??

Yes. pray they don't upgrade their megas. LOL only kidding, it's difficult to get the best base vs high level megas. But I'm working on it.
  • Boom Shaka Laka
    Boom Shaka Laka
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 82
    btw this works only for the high lvl players
    and they already know this
    tip#idk
    don't use raptors
  • Rubik101
    Rubik101
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 9
    Thanks for this Gio. Great stuff for noobs.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Rubik101 wrote: »
    Thanks for this Gio. Great stuff for noobs.

Like you :p. I read your other post. change your layout, quick!
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• Soulburner
    Soulburner
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 226
    Here's another quick tip in regards to the world map.

NEVER send out platoons with just ground support units only. There will be people out there who guarantee will attack unguarded platoons by baiting with fast ground troops like flamethrowers then pick off your units with air support. Unless you want to spend hours repairing units like mega tanks, don't get caught out.
    War Commander ID: 130582 Level 33
    Backyard Monsters ID: 10073064 Level 48 (*retired*)

Look forward to stats and records table in the near future for WC. Will include EXP gain, EXP needed to level, mines damage, and much more.
    Interesting to see how alliances work with the Damage protection. Any ideas?
  • Boom Shaka Laka
    Boom Shaka Laka
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 82
    Soulburner wrote: »
    Here's another quick tip in regards to the world map.

NEVER send out platoons with just ground support units only. There will be people out there who guarantee will attack unguarded platoons by baiting with fast ground troops like flamethrowers then pick off your units with air support. Unless you want to spend hours repairing units like mega tanks, don't get caught out.
    its useless u will get killed anyway there is no mobile anticraft powerful enought to take down many planes except the gatling and 99% of players does not have it including me
    i was lvl 12 or 14 when the rogue assault started lol i reached lvl 19 and i couldn't continue
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    its useless u will get killed anyway there is no mobile anticraft powerful enought to take down many planes except the gatling and 99% of players does not have it including me
    i was lvl 12 or 14 when the rogue assault started lol i reached lvl 19 and i couldn't continue

the gatling truck is just a vehicle from of the hercules....

• Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 14,385
    LarsB wrote: »
    the gatling truck is just a vehicle from of the hercules....
    The gatling has much better defences against air units simply because it is a vehicle, and moves much faster than hercules so it can protect units better. But people can still bait mega tanks away due to much longer range, so if you know you're gonna get attacked by someone like that it may be better to use lasers, challengers or even paladins.
    RoyalGuard

• Pacheco da Costa
    Pacheco da Costa
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 2
    CAMPO DE OLIO.jpg

quero ver minha foto na parede war comander
  • B0SS
    B0SS
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,760
    CAMPO DE OLIO.jpg

quero ver minha foto na parede war comander
    English please. and you don't need to protect that enorm oil factory, all you must do is put 6 Mortars surrounded with Turrets somewhere on the base.
  • Romeo17
    Romeo17
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 451
    Another tip - Seperate attacking force from defensive force.

attacking force -> You attack with it (duh)
    defensive force -> You defend something with it, nothing else (base units, platoons arround base, deposit units, etc.)

Results
    -The defending force is always ready once it's formed
    -The attacking force can be repaired separately
    -More useful later on, because repairing tanks is VERY painful.

Attacking force -> Up to 1300 space + 1300 space of air units. Use what you need to attack (Razorbacks, tanks, copters, cobras, etc.)
    Defensive force -> Formed up from the main base units (up to 2600 at CC5) and from defensive platoons (up to 2000 at SA10), usually 6 platoons, surrounding the main base.
    Tanks must be always (!) paired with AA-units.
  • giopanipi
    giopanipi
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,651
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    giopanipi wrote: »
    I'll probably start posting Quick Tips involving the new World Map soon, hang in there.

I'll probably make a guide soon to teach people how to handle their platoons ;)

• KingHunter
    KingHunter
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 20
    Ok - I'm sure this has been asked before, but how do you get Gatling Trucks and Laser Tanks? Is it just time and Level?
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,026
    they were given out to users who managed to obtain them in events, they will be available for others later on - date tba.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • Mamulos
    Mamulos
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 16
    yes but the gatling is repairable ....
  • sciki1
    sciki1
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 4
    I've seen the term "AA unit" used a lot and still can't decipher what it means. What exactly is an AA unit?
  • Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 14,385
    sciki1 wrote: »
    I've seen the term "AA unit" used a lot and still can't decipher what it means. What exactly is an AA unit?
    Anti-air .
    RoyalGuard

• tnt
    tnt
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2
    anyone can tell me how i can change my sector????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,026
    click on your command center and use the relocate feature.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • Gentleman
    Gentleman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 221
    Romeo17 wrote: »
    Another tip - Seperate attacking force from defensive force.

attacking force -> You attack with it (duh)
    defensive force -> You defend something with it, nothing else (base units, platoons arround base, deposit units, etc.)

Results
    -The defending force is always ready once it's formed
    -The attacking force can be repaired separately
    -More useful later on, because repairing tanks is VERY painful.

Attacking force -> Up to 1300 space + 1300 space of air units. Use what you need to attack (Razorbacks, tanks, copters, cobras, etc.)
    Defensive force -> Formed up from the main base units (up to 2600 at CC5) and from defensive platoons (up to 2000 at SA10), usually 6 platoons, surrounding the main base.
    Tanks must be always (!) paired with AA-units.

Never surround your base with platoons, they'll always die.

Quick tip: See my guide for quick tips. [thread=205735]Gentleman's Guide Factory[/thread] ;)

If there's enough participation from users in this thread, I will begin another section. Also, I need ideas for new sections. I'm making a health chart for buildings so I need many people because it requires experimenting and I can't do that alone because I need people from various levels. In exchange of your contribution, you'll have your name in GOLD near the chart.
    Go there to become a forum formatting ninja: http://forums.kixeye.com/misc.php?do=bbcode
    Spoilerception |Want to know some formatting tips?|
    Spoiler -> [ spoiler ]Text[ / spoiler ]
    Strike -> [ s ]Text[ / s ]
    [highlight]Highlight[/highlight] -> [ highlight ] highlight [ highlight ]
    Red -> [ color=value ]Text[ / color ]
    *no space*
    Use the link above to know all cool formatting tricks
  • Elite252
    Elite252
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 318
    rIGHT i ALWAYS KILL platoons outside peoples base with no loses!
  • BlackMajic5
    BlackMajic5
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3
    well jesus
  • LuckyJ2
    LuckyJ2
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 4

thanks for the help
This discussion has been closed.