Quick Tips

giopanipi
giopanipi
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,651
edited 15 Jun 2012, 6:36PM
Hello fellow War Commandeers :D, I will be posting all of my Quick Tips in this sticky from now on, to help players of all levels. Enjoy!

Quick Tip # 1: Mine Placement

Try putting mines just outside your turret ranges, after all, that's what your opponents will naturally seek to destroy so they can drop in a load of Copters/ Cobras. Remember folks, good mine placement can set them back a good few hours, especially if they're a crafty player and use razorbacks, as Shaped Charges 1 hit Razorbacks.

mines.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quick Tip # 2: Power Management

Now, I assume most people when they're overpowering their base just upgrade the Power Plant with the lowest level. How about, instead of this, upgrade your Power Plants in such a way that one or two can hold all your base power. For example:

power.jpg

As you can see, my level 9 Power Plant generates 6,000 power.

As you can also see, my entire fully powered up base produces 5,573 Power. This means, even if my other two Power Plants are destroyed, my third one still 100% Powers my base. I have heavily guarded this Power Plant too, with 2 Mortars, 2 Gun Turrets and a few Challengers and Hercules. I haven't been powered down for weeks now. This ensures maximum efficiency for my defences to drive back attacking opponents.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quick Tip # 3: Rogue Factions

Now, a lot of people complained after the Repair Shop update on the 21st of December 2011, including me, I thought it was rubbish, however I like it now and it forces me to play tactically and I find myself using all 5 minutes. But that's not what I'm going to talk about, i'm focusing on Rogue Factions.

A lot of people complained that they couldn't even farm Rogue Factions: "Can't even farm NPCs now, great job Kixeye, its now farm commander"
etc etc...

BUT.... You have infinite attacks against Rogue Factions, so why not deploy your army, hit something, retreat. The Rogue Faction doesn't care that it's a nooby tactic, and you suffer minimal, if not no repairs. WIN.

Oh and p.s
I have seen a lot of screenshots of people's base and I have noticed that the Objective Tab has a lot of ticked goals, but DID YOU KNOW, if you click those goals and claim them, you get resources? Just a reminder to all those who haven't discovered that.

Quick Tip # 4: Mortar Baiting

A lot of people find it difficult, and very frustrating when you deploy all your troops and suddenly, a Mortar volley hits all of them because when you deploy, your Tanks are effectively a ball thrown into water; A lot of splashes. Now, with the old update, tanks could take 1 - 5 Mortar volleys, then they'd retreat and the Tech would have them fixed in minutes. However, with the new Repair Shop update, one hit from a high level Mortar cost hours to repair, and we can't afford that time to be wasted on repairs.

So why not sacrifice, (sometimes they even survive!) a Rifleman to the doom of those Mortar shells.
Now, I must warn, you will need to be good at multi tasking (Moving the Rifleman back and forth, and re-targeting the tanks.

What you want to do, is move your Rifleman back and forth JUST in range of the designated Mortar tower, do not get too close, otherwise other defences may start attacking too. While the Mortar is distracted, destroy it with tanks. It's really that simple. If you find it hard moving the Rifleman, just sacrifice them and keep them still.

It looks a little like this:

bait.jpg

And the end result of me doing this to at least 4 of the Mortars, and suffering no unit damage:
owned.jpg

This was just 1 attack.

This stops your tanks being stuck in the Repair Shop.

Quick Tip # 5: Claiming Resources

Now, I know I've mentioned this briefly in another Quick Tip, but I'd thought i'd dedicate a Quick Tip to claiming the resources because around the forums there are a lot of players who have posted screenshots of their base for whatever reason, and down in the bottom-left corner, all they're goals haven't been claimed.

I will show those players how to do this.

Now, normally I would never have unlocked Thunderbolts but they were the easiest unit to unlock from my situation.
Now, I have completed unlocking Thunderbolts, yay!
My goal bar looks like this:
yay.jpg

If i click on the tick, or to the left of the tick, a window appears.

All you have to do now, is click "Claim", and the resources shown are put into your storage. Now some goals are rubbish, but I found upgrading my Command Center gave me the most, however Mega Tanks give you 200,000 resources when you unlock them. If you want to find out how much resources you will make from a goal, just click on the goal.

Quick Tips now carry onto post #2!
  • giopanipi
    giopanipi
    Quick Tip # 6: Baiting Opponents

Now, I assume most players, when attacking a base go for
    A. Upgrading structures,
    B. Research structures,
    C. Resources,
    D. Enemy units.

So we've all been in the situation when we've had an easy base and destroyed all 4 of the above. For this example i'm using B, I put my academy at a seemingly poorly defended part of my base. I then put bunkers (Gun Turrets work too) either side of my academy, denying air units. I then place tons of mines in the only possible place that he has to place. Also, he'll have to deploy ground units because any air units will be decimated. Then my mines blow everything up.

My setup looks like this:
    bait2.jpg

As you can see, my academy and two storages look undefended, however just off screen there are two Gun Turrets protecting the storages and two bunker, more than enough AA defence. so my opponents deployed there quite often after I started upgrading my academy, so i dumped a line of mines, and the husks just keep coming.

Quick Tip # 7: Arranging Defences

Now, I browse the forums often, and numerous times, players have been complaining how they're base gets hit every minute of every day and they think obviously my attacker is a hacker because he takes no damage. Usually that is not the case, and it could be for a number of perfectly valid reasons:

1. Your base defences are not high enough level/ Mine Placement is terrible.
    2. The arrangement of your base defences means that your defensive structures can easily be picked off one by one without suffering losses.
    3. Your units are not on stand ground, and therefore can easily be baited and destroyed by aircraft or Suicide Bombers.
    4. Your opponents units out-range your base defences (works with level 3 Razorbacks, level 6 Rhinos, level 6 Paladins, level 6 Challengers and level 3+ Mega Tanks)

So what I do, is I pair my turrets, and then tightly arrange them only protecting minimal things. I then use the rest of my buildings to blockade enemy units from deploying next to my defensive structures, which means my Mortars can fire at my opponent way before my opponent can fire back.

I have my defensive structures set like this, and the Command Center represents the middle of my base.
    Tower Placement.jpg

Razorbacks cannot hit my forward Gun Turrets, because the level 9 Mortars cover my Gun Turrets, and aircraft cannot hit my Mortars, because the Gun Turrets hit them. This is mirrored on the other side, so opponents cannot come from behind with aircraft, the Gun Turret ranges reach them. Also, this makes a Mortar and a Gun Turret sit behind the CC, almost out of sight.

I also use a Radio Tower to hide another Gun Turret.

All of my opponents who attack me now do a suicide run on my Storages or just try and hit a Gun Turret as much as possible and retreating before several Mortar shells pummel them.

Quick Tip # 8: Mines

Now, i'm quite an aggressive player, I attack as many players as I can, because they can't all attack you back. I have noticed that I don't get hit by a lot of mines. Mines are extremely effective against ALL ground units, and are often underrated because they 'don't kill'. However, the 21/12/11 Update means that mines are even more effective. If you think about it,

10 Challengers Deployed. I run into a mine, all of them are put at 2/3hp. Now I recommend you group mines into 2 or 3s, so hitting a second mine will put their health at 1/3, and a third will kill them. So this means:
    • 1 mine - 2-3 hours repairs.
    • 2 mines - 4-5 hours repairs.
    • 3 mines - 6-8 hours repairs.
    And you have up to 18 mines at your disposal. This means 6-9 different points in you base where you could potentially hit him with a long Repair time. And remember, mines 1 HIT Razorbacks, many times have all of mine been destroyed by a single mine.

Now the problem is, where do you place mines?

This is quite easy to figure out, just look at your attack log.
    • Place mines where opponents deploy their ground forces regularly - this surprises them and gives them a nice long repair time.
    • Place mines protecting weak spots in your base or valuable buildings such as storages and research structures - it's always a pain when they're destroyed and you lose a few hours or research.
    • Read Quick Tip #1 for placing mines on defence ranges - usually Gun Turrets.
    • Read Quick Tip #6 to fin out how to bait opponents using mines - this has worked for me, a lot of people have lost their tanks because of this.

Popular..jpg
    As you can see, this is a popular place my opponents deploy.

Finally, be sure to change things around a bit. If you can't be bother to change your mines around a bit, then that's fair enough, but don't complain when your opponents never roll over them, because there is a high probability that he knows where they all are, after he runs into them a few times.

*NOTE* The information I gave above assumed that you have Shaped Charges. Players with different mines may vary but overall the same effect.

Quick Tip # 9: Hidden Defences

We've all been in this situation, whether it's a Rogue Faction or an enemy player. We're minding our business, destroying a base usually from the north, and out of nowhere, bullets start firing from behind the Command Center:
    Surprise!.jpg

PANIC! Most people in this situation either swiftly turn around and run for the hills, or make a quick retreat and pull yourself back together. Now, this is a good tactic, however there are ways to beat this tactic.

Now, the easiest thing to do is to activate RUBI, as she prioritizes defences. If you like control over units, follow the below instructions.

You need to make sure that:
    There are no other defences that can hit you whilst you're focusing on the hidden defence.
    Your army is sufficient enough to overpower the defence.
    You're willing to suffer losses.

I will break this down into the two different defences:

Gun Turret/ Anti Air:
    • Use ground units for countering a hidden Gun Turret.
    • Make sure all Mortars are destroyed in a small area around the Gun Turret, so Mortars will not start firing upon your units.
    • I RECOMMENDED that you have high level units (preferably a range of 330+) to outrange the Gun Turret.

Destroy all buildings around the area you wish to deploy, because you don't want to change the pathing of your units in case they stray into a Mortar range by accident. Slowly, bit by bit, edge closer and closer to the Gun Turret until your units start firing at the hidden Gun Turret. This works with enemy units with a lower range then you such as Hercules and other tanks. However, if you are using lower ranged units, the Gun Turret/ enemy units may start firing back at you causing you to lose units. This is why I recommend you use Razorbacks or high level tanks.
    Solution.jpg

Mortar/ Anti Ground:
    • Use aircraft for countering Mortars (Preferably long range controllable aircraft, Cobra being the best candidate)
    • Make sure all Gun Turrets in the area are destroyed (so your aircraft are not attacked)

This is a bit easier than destroying a Gun Turret, make sure your aircraft are not being attacked in range of the Mortar, and destroy it. If he has Hercules on stand combined with Mortars, see Quick Tip # 4 (Mortar Baiting) to draw the Mortars fire, and deploy Tanks to kill the Mortar and Hercules.

Quick Tips now carry onto post #3!
  • giopanipi
    giopanipi
    Quick Tip # 10: Destroyed Structures

It's annoying when opponents have their walls scattered around their base, forcing you to deploy further away potentially into mines and other hazards (Such as Suicide Bombers). You'd be surprised how many people do not know this.

As you can see below, I cannot deploy my units here because of this Metal Factory, and these Walls.
    deploy no3.jpg

Now, many people know destroying buildings can let you deploy there, however, judging by how most bases still have walls scattered about not many people know that destroying Walls grants you closer access to opponent's bases.

Below, I destroyed the Metal Factory and Walls, and now I can deploy there:
    Deploy3.jpg

You should have a wave dedicated to make room for wave 2 units and bait any units out.

Quick Tip # 11: Bunkers

Bunker.jpg

Bunkers are a very useful structure in War Commander, and I think is underrated, and not used effectively on the majority of bases. Bunkers can hold all infantry except Hercules, as this would make Hercules overpowered, given aircraft would have to destroy the Bunker, then the high level Hercules, not to mention the range buff the Hercules would obtain.

I recommend you use 1 of 3 infantry units in the Bunker:

Rocketman: At lower levels when facing light tanks, this units carves light vehicles up, put 6 in a bunker and they're sure to do some damage.

Sniper: The Sniper is used to kill potential minesweepers such as Riflemen, and I found is also quite effective against light vehicles (Rocket Buggy and Razorback).

Heavy Gunner: This is the most effective unit to place in your Bunker, the Heavy Gunner is a great AA unit, and when placed in a Bunker out-ranges Cobras (Due to the speed buff the Bunker provides for them).

Where do I place Bunkers?

You can place Bunkers wherever you like, but they effectively act as another defensive structure. Depending what you station them with, I suggest the following:

1) If placing Rocketmen inside the Bunker, consider placing with Gun Turrets. This acts as a 7th Mortar, although not as effective, it will still repel light vehicles.

2) If placing Snipers inside the Bunker, consider placing the Bunker nearby mines. This means any minesweepers in the area and the Sniper is sure to pick them off, preventing precious mines being wasted on invaluable units such as Riflemen.

3) If placing Heavy Gunners inside the Bunker, consider placing with Mortars. Level 3+ Bunkers can double up as actual Gun Turrets, so your Bunker becomes a 7th Gun Turret

Good Combinations:
    Heavy Gunner + Sniper: This is the most popular combination, the Heavy Gunner acts as an AA, and usual a lone Sniper for minesweeping.

Flamethrower + Riflemen: For lower levels, this is useful against opposing infantry, the Flamethrower burning up any enemy Flamethrowers and Suicide Bombers, while the Rifleman kills off the rest.

Suicide Bomber + ANY: A destroyed Bunker releases the Suicide Bomber, whilst the other unit either takes the tank shells, or does it's usual job in the Bunker before it's destroyed.

Stationed.jpg

This is what's insider both of my Bunkers. 1 Sniper for minesweeping, and the rest I just fill up with Heavy Gunners. I am currently upgrading my Bunkers, so I just add 3 more Heavy Gunners for each level.

Why level up Bunkers?

Levelled up Bunkers are like an actual Gun Turret or Mortar, providing you place the right infantry inside.
    From level 3 onwards, full with Heavy Gunners it is as good as a Gun Turret. Get level 5, and it is a massive obstacle for any attacker, due to the Bunkers high health.

Quick Tip # 12: Resource Dumping

Fed up of having those storages full, making you a primary target for any attacker? Fed up of having no use for a research structure (Most likely the Academy now the Gatling Truck has become a better AA defence versus the Hercules)? Why not hit two problems with one Tip: Resource Dumping.

It is recommended that you DO NOT need or want to use the upgrading structure anymore.

You need:
    A) A long and expensive upgrade in comparison to your level (Lower levels have smaller storages, therefore smaller upgrades to dump resources on)
    B) Enough money to start the upgrade
    C) To make sure you don't need to use the structure for any other upgrades (Recommend you research there first)

I personally use the Hercules upgrade from level 6-7.

I max out my storages by farming Rogue Factions, and then dump all of my resources into the upgrade:
    mv6a8n.png

This ensures you become a less likely target to attacks, protects your resources and this means you can cancel the upgrade at any time, spend the resources, gather the resources back and dump them back into the upgrade.

Quick Tips now carry onto post #4!
  • giopanipi
    giopanipi
    Quick Tip # 13: Micro

Micro:

I'm going to be talking about two different types of micro-ing: Upgrading micro, and Healing micro.

Upgrading micro: 'Upgrading micro' is commonly used for buildings that you have more than one of (Most likely Gun Turrets and Mortars, less likely RGs).

Basically what the Upgrading micro is, is upgrading, lets say a Gun Turret in a certain location, usually in a well protected location. The upgrade finishes, and you want to upgrade a second Gun Turret. Move the second Gun Turret where the first Gun Turret was upgrading.

Do this for all 6 of your Gun Turrets (I'm assuming you're level 5 Command Center) and a number of things should happen:

1) Your upgrading Gun Turret will always be in the most protected location, ensuring less chance of it being destroyed while the upgrade commences.
    2) Most likely confuse your opponent/s (They'll think you have a level 10 Gun Turret as it looks like you're upgrading the same Gun Turret over and over again.
    3) If your upgrade location is behind another building, like a Command Center, the 'upgrading' icon is partially hidden.

Sorry for no image, Dozer is busy

Healing micro: The 'Healing micro' is used when all/most/some of your units have been destroyed, and you want to re-activate them (To send into battle for example).

The healing micro is when you Click on your Units tab, click Vehicles, click Available and all of your dead units should appear. Go to this box :
    116nqx1.png

As you can see, my Challenger takes 39 minutes to repair from 0 to 100% Health.

What you, is wait for one second to elapse, so the box looks like this:
    u0qxz.png

As you can see, one second has elapsed (38m 59s). When this has happened, click the red cross shown on the images. Repeat for all of your vehicles, and you'll have a controllable army back up in LITERALLY no time:
    al19bc.png

Although they'll die by being hit by anything, as long as they aren't targeted, they can still do damage to a base. Useful for a looting wave.

Thanks for reading!

More Quick Tips coming soon!

P.S, I am starting to run out of ideas for Tips for players, if you would leave me a message on my profile I shall make a Quick Tip based on what you request and submit your name in the Quick Tip. Thank you :).
  • Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 14,385
    giopanipi wrote: »
    But I have seperate threads because I can only have 5 attachments in each file, so any more Quick Tips I make will not include an image unless I edit my post #3 to carry on. And it just shows people I have made an update. If everyone saw my sticky when I had one Quick Tip, they're not going to know when I add another Quick Tip, so they are not going to look again.
    You can upload images properly and fit 7 in. And if you ask a mod they will delete generalkiller's post so you can carry on from your next post on the thread.
    RoyalGuard

• Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Their message is full though, so I don't know which mod to ask :d
    Tom Borland has visitor messaging activated, as do (I think) all of the purple mods.
    RoyalGuard

• baztron
    baztron
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 11
    Thanks! These tips are great :=)
  • giopanipi
    giopanipi
    I'm so glad that someone finds these tips helpful :) you're welcome, more coming in the next 24 hours, been a bit slow in the past few days.
  • roddel
    roddel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 401
    how about getting a lot of oil
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    roddel wrote: »
    how about getting a lot of oil

farm npc's
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• Scott Heyer
    Scott Heyer
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 10
    Yes how do you send gifts to friends... like oil or metal? I have received but unsure how to send back a gift at a later time...? Thanks! Great game!
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Yes how do you send gifts to friends... like oil or metal? I have received but unsure how to send back a gift at a later time...? Thanks! Great game!

if you have the game on small sceeen, there's a bar with tabs above the game, and the first button says 'free gifts'. that is the one you have to use.
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• roddel
    roddel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 401
    LarsB wrote: »
    farm npc's

newbie what is npc
    and rf
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    newbie what is npc
    and rf

both stand for Rogue Factions...

• Tom Borland
    Tom Borland
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 6,413
    newbie what is npc
    and rf

NPC - Non Player Character - Any computer controlled character in a game
    RF - Rogue Faction - NPC for War Commander
    GNU Terry Pratchett

• Antima Square
    Antima Square
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 133
    Hi giopanipi
    know how the leaderboard?
    I do not understand on what the points are dependent.
    If I look at this window:
    Looted this week

Guy Quinn
    position 89
    warrant Officer
    lol ...

This Guy Quinn is on my list enemies, we have the same level (29)
    You know how they managed the points?

edit:
    When looting many resources, get experience points? is not it? '
    I T A L I A N I :D:D I T A L I A N I
    ██████ ███████████
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Patter-Strategy/235713133169479?sk=wall
    Level 30 - GunTurret Fully Upgraded - id796237
    Favorite units: Suicideman and Flamethrower <3 for ever <3
    KIXEYE Special Event - The Final Wave http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/159035-Rogue-Assault-Video?p=1361267&viewfull=1#post1361267
  • Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    That board is dependent on how much you have ever looted. So they have obviously attacked and looted more than you and you have made that difference up by upgrading buildings, etc.
    RoyalGuard

• Antima Square
    Antima Square
    Minor Nuisance
    Ben Palmer wrote: »
    That board is dependent on how much you have ever looted. So they have obviously attacked and looted more than you and you have made that difference up by upgrading buildings, etc.

ok, but these things also give experience points in total.
    (in the sense that if I make so many upgrades, I get to level up quickly)
    79m are my experience points
    88M are the experience points of Guy
    not a big difference, but the experience points that you win when looting the resources of a real player or NPC are calculated in a different way?
    ██████ ███████████
    KIXEYE Special Event - The Final Wave http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/159035-Rogue-Assault-Video?p=1361267&viewfull=1#post1361267
  • Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    I'm not sure. Perhaps somebody else has worked out how much experience you get from each 1 resource looted.
    RoyalGuard

• Antima Square
    Antima Square
    Minor Nuisance
    ok thanks Ben
    ██████ ███████████
  • Soulburner
    Soulburner
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 226
    You get 1 experience point per 50 resources looted. It does not matter metal or oil. I'm also working on an experience table for upgrading buildings etc but it is taking longer than expected due to the fact that I started the table in my late 20's level. Will keep everyone posted when it becomes public.

Nuff said.
    War Commander ID: 130582 Level 33
    Backyard Monsters ID: 10073064 Level 48 (*retired*)

Look forward to stats and records table in the near future for WC. Will include EXP gain, EXP needed to level, mines damage, and much more.
    Interesting to see how alliances work with the Damage protection. Any ideas?
  • giopanipi
    giopanipi
    Soulburner wrote: »
    You get 1 experience point per 50 resources looted. It does not matter metal or oil. I'm also working on an experience table for upgrading buildings etc but it is taking longer than expected due to the fact that I started the table in my late 20's level. Will keep everyone posted when it becomes public.

Nuff said.

Nice to know, now I can work out what proportion of my points are down to loots. Good luck with your table.

EDIT: 6,703,010.88 points are down to looting. That's a lot o.O .
  • Rookie Killer
    Rookie Killer
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 6
    Thanks for the tips Giopanipi. Apparently I was doing quite a few things the wrong way, though I had got a few of them right. Now I need to upgrade some units that were left behind to meet these standards.
  • RealNightFury
    RealNightFury
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,663
    Well most of them i know ;) ... Anyway learned some tips tho"!
    War Commander:  34 ID: 741119 :D
    TOME Immortal Arena : Level?:1 ID: 4057 (Region support needed :D )
    Retired from all the other games of Kixeye.To report a Player or report a Bug/Glitch : Kixeye Support
  • elwan
    elwan
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2
    Quick Tip # 13: Micro

Micro:

I'm going to be talking about two different types of micro-ing: Upgrading micro, and Healing micro.

Upgrading micro: 'Upgrading micro' is commonly used for buildings that you have more than one of (Most likely Gun Turrets and Mortars, less likely RGs).

Basically what the Upgrading micro is, is upgrading, lets say a Gun Turret in a certain location, usually in a well protected location. The upgrade finishes, and you want to upgrade a second Gun Turret. Move the second Gun Turret where the first Gun Turret was upgrading.

Do this for all 6 of your Gun Turrets (I'm assuming you're level 5 Command Center) and a number of things should happen:

1) Your upgrading Gun Turret will always be in the most protected location, ensuring less chance of it being destroyed while the upgrade commences.
    2) Most likely confuse your opponent/s (They'll think you have a level 10 Gun Turret as it looks like you're upgrading the same Gun Turret over and over again.
    3) If your upgrade location is behind another building, like a Command Center, the 'upgrading' icon is partially hidden.

Sorry for no image, Dozer is busy

Healing micro: The 'Healing micro' is used when all/most/some of your units have been destroyed, and you want to re-activate them (To send into battle for example).

The healing micro is when you Click on your Units tab, click Vehicles, click Available and all of your dead units should appear. Go to this box :
    116nqx1.png

As you can see, my Challenger takes 39 minutes to repair from 0 to 100% Health.

What you, is wait for one second to elapse, so the box looks like this:
    u0qxz.png

As you can see, one second has elapsed (38m 59s). When this has happened, click the red cross shown on the images. Repeat for all of your vehicles, and you'll have a controllable army back up in LITERALLY no time:
    al19bc.png

Although they'll die by being hit by anything, as long as they aren't targeted, they can still do damage to a base. Useful for a looting wave.

Thanks for reading!

More Quick Tips coming soon!

P.S, I am starting to run out of ideas for Tips for players, if you would leave me a message on my profile I shall make a Quick Tip based on what you request and submit your name in the Quick Tip. Thank you :).

i do this all time ;)
  • giopanipi
    giopanipi
    elwan wrote: »
    i do this all time ;)

Good to hear :). Ran out of ideas now, anyone have any good idea, feel free to let me know over Private Messaging, and i will credit you.
  • Steven Millhouse
    Steven Millhouse
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 652
    i get attacked by a guy that sends in 3 waves of 5 mega tanks. Due to time listed on battle log...I'm guessing he coins them cuz a full squad of mega's can't be built in 2 minutes and I'm pretty sure he can't keep 15 of them prowling his yard waiting to attack me.

Anyway, I've built and re-built my base a dozen times using your tips, other tips, even tried unconventional stuff and I just can't stop him. His second wave normally dies and leaves at about the 30% dmg point which means 80-90% of my defenses are now dead. So, teh third wave literally walks in and if I'm lucky I kill 1-2 of the final wave.

I'm a bit frustrated trying to stop wave after wave of "the big dog"...any ideas? P.S. my mines do a decent job cuz normally half of them are exploded when I log on, but, not enough to stop that kind of armorment. And because he wrecks me constantly I can't keep enough res in my base to upgrade turrets past lvl 8. I'm sort of stuck at the top of the lower lvl stuff for everything...now stuff is so expensive that it is basically out of reach if I can't stop this guy. Unless I stay online 24/7. I've tried spending res and even if he only gets a few hundred thous of my res he still coins 3 mega fleets... :(

Any suggestions??
    Battle Pirates: LvL 56 FirstMateSteve-DbD-
    Backyard Monsters: LvL 47
    War Commander: LvL 32
  • martywarner
    martywarner
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 258
    Really, thanks for the tips! I'm a truck driver not a gamer. This is only game I play on fb. I got sick of the ads on the other ones and this is strategy. Can you imagine seeing an ad for breast exams in the middle of an attack? thanks wc ppl! I'm at lvl 26, but still think i suck at this game but i have fun
This discussion has been closed.