Update history5 Dec 2011
- info about Unit stance
What is the UNIT STANCE? (for newbies)
- availble on lv3 cc or higher
- 3 stances:
a. Aggresive - Units will go after distant enemies and purse them relentlessly
b. Normal - Units will go after close enemies and retur to their starting position
c. Stand ground - Units will fire at enemies within range but will not move.THERE IS NO BEST DEFENCE. BUT AT LEAST WE CAN MAKE IT LEAST DAMAGE.1. Walls prevent First Blood
Put walls at corner and place them in the right distance, making land units to deploy farther.2. Power Plants as the most important buildings
As in the field manual, power plants are important to defend your base. Without power plants, towers operate at 25%. So I put them in the centre.3. Prevent farmers - protect the storages
Put them next to power plants. It is more important to protect your storages than resources gatherer if you always launch attacks. Gatherers produce really less resources . Four Lv10 can only produce 1 M in 12hrs4. Unite the defending towers
Put them close to have the most concentrated fire power. When one tower is under attack, at least 2 can do a backup or kill the enemies. And also, place them in different types (mortars & turrets)5. Hide behind.
The lv4++ cc can make us hide something behind it - towers or land units. For units, let them stand ground.
I recommend to put hercs or humvees to defend air strikes, razor backs as ground unit defends.6. Protect upgrading/ researching buildings
Every upgrades/researches will be paused once damaged or destroyed. So, put them near to towers.7. Suprise!
Suicide bombers can bomb up tanks in a second. Even megatanks are scared of them, 2 SB are able to crash down one mega tank.
So Hide them in trees and ruined-buildings (sometimes they go out from trees, i choose to put behind buildings) , let them be aggresive.
continue : next post
Upgrade everything to the highest lv possible. It takes not much resources but time. Shaped-charge does about 1000 damage - good for most men and light tanks.
Really, less resources but more time.
9. Lv5 towers
Upgrading towers take more resources and less time. So let all of them be lv5 in 3days or less. Upgrading to lv5 needs only 1 hr. Make them at least lv5!
10. Standground near towers
Put longrange units - razorbacks - near to the towers. They can help a little.
11. Learn from some beeches that attacked you before.
Sometimes that is a nice lesson for you.
a. Doctors + Hercs
- Note that medics should be hiding behing Hercs. You can predict where air strikes come from, right?
- I prefer them to stand ground.
[image will be here soon]
b. Techs + Tanks
- Very Common combination, but make sure the tanks are not in a tight bunch, separate them to avoid explosive bullets.
- I dont recommend you to put them stand ground, because they need to run if the birds are shooting them. They dont have long range, and they have to reach enemies. However, dont let all of them be aggresive. This can prevent units baiting.
c. 2 Turrets + 2 Mortars
- Place the 4 towers close. This is a good combination to prevent bunches of air strikes or Heavy tanks.
(i shouldnt put this picture, right?)
- Upgrade tech centre as fast as possible to have mega tanks. They almost can replace mortars, they're having the accurate aims with really big bullets. Even lv9 mortars are unable to kill them.
14. Walls are useful in someways.
Make your favourite word, or something u want to say to ur hostile.
- If some player are going to destroy this word, they are totally f up with the mines. Unless they use copters/cobras. (i think this may happen, but i dont recommend you to do so)
NOTE: Let me know if i gave a wrong information. Thank you.
So good Tips for the Newcomers
And really good pictures!
Lol. I can only put 7pics in a post. I think it is better to have them gathered up. I put pics to let some guys that hate bundles of words (including me :rolleyes:) to read better lol.
Yeah, I discovered that when I did my first unit stats thread. Liking this, linked in my guide
I am just going to ask this. Thanks.:)
Sorry, can i ask What is 'vaigue'?
1. Select a unit,
2. see the pic below.
a. stand ground
"War commander 666714" lvl 32
Windows 7 Google chrome 18 Flash Version: 11
Thanks for the info. Post updated.:)
Sorry to tell u that gun turrets have 375 as their max range. Copters have 290, cobras have 315. 290<315<315.
Somemore, do you own bunkers? Put rifles/heavy gunners inside, there's a range boost.:)
Thunderbolts and Raptors both have extremely long max ranges, much greater than 345, which is the max for a gun turret. However, they are so difficult to control that they are rarely used (not to mention build and unlock times).
Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor
I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game