Teach me **** hercs!!

desmondyeoh
desmondyeoh
Skilled Warrior
Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 304
edited 25 Nov 2011, 8:57PM
I like farming NPCs. But Now many of their bases have hercs. how can I kill them?!

Tanks? Rifles? Snipers?
  • Army Attack
    Army Attack
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 119
    tanks - 1234567890
    ?
  • desmondyeoh
    desmondyeoh
    Skilled Warrior
    Can Paladins do the job?
  • Minuet
    Minuet
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,501
    yes, in a one on one battle, paladins can kill a herc
    Legit FB Credit GIVEAWAY for a LIMITED TIME
    MY UNOFFICIAL KIXEYE BLOG
    eze wrote: »
    So you better watch out! You better not spam! You better not repeat! Cuz I'll kick you in the can! Ezeclause is stalking the Wishlist! hehe sorry, I haven't had my coffee yet this morning :S
  • Minuet
    Minuet
    Unicorn Overlord
    just tested on a base, yup:)
    So you better watch out! You better not spam! You better not repeat! Cuz I'll kick you in the can! Ezeclause is stalking the Wishlist! hehe sorry, I haven't had my coffee yet this morning :S
  • desmondyeoh
    desmondyeoh
    Skilled Warrior
    F it. too much hercs on Black Widows' base
  • Minuet
    Minuet
    Unicorn Overlord
    just lure one out with some rifles
  • Battlefatigue
    Battlefatigue
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 525
    The key is to lure them a a couple at a time with a few copter drones then retreat to where you have your tanks to take them out. It works I have been farming the Black Widow base this way.
  • CCWubbiducki
    CCWubbiducki
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 433
    Lure them out w/Rifles, kill them with Paladins/Challengers/Megas. Be sure to have techs in your base. For enemy Megas, lure w/Rifle, kill with Copters.
    Hi I play on the Casual Collective
  • desmondyeoh
    desmondyeoh
    Skilled Warrior
    ok. got that. i think that hercs are infantareis, cant be crashed down with tanks easily
  • leohuangchunwang
    leohuangchunwang
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,046
    lure it out, then mass instant flamethrower.
  • desmondyeoh
    desmondyeoh
    Skilled Warrior
    lure it out, then mass instant flamethrower.

Will flame dies? I tried with 37 copters vs 1 hercs.
    no copters are shot down, only injured. I am lucky that the hercs attack 2 copters at a time
  • The Gate Keeper
    The Gate Keeper
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 13
    Technically speaking Hercs are infantry units and therefore upgraded snipers are highly effective in dispatching these heavy caliber pests. If they are guarded by a gatler turret use something fast such as buggy's to get their attention and draw them out. If artillery turrets use copter drones instead. At least 1 sniper per Herc should easily do the trick.

Hope this helps answer your question.
    The Three Golden Giveaways

- Typos are the sign of a fool.
    - Fragmented paragraphs are the sign of an illiterate.
    - Excessive comma use is the sign of one who wishes to look intelligent.
  • desmondyeoh
    desmondyeoh
    Skilled Warrior
    Technically speaking Hercs are infantry units and therefore upgraded snipers are highly effective in dispatching these heavy caliber pests. If they are guarded by a gatler turret use something fast such as buggy's to get their attention and draw them out. If artillery turrets use copter drones instead. At least 1 sniper per Herc should easily do the trick.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Snipers cant shoot into the air.:confused:
  • The Gate Keeper
    The Gate Keeper
    Greenhorn
    Snipers cant shoot into the air.:confused:
    Hercs are an abbreviation for the unit Hercules. Hercules being the final infantry unit that you can unlock. Hercules do not fly. E.G. the reason upgraded snipers are the easiest units to kill them with. I will assume you are new to WC and as such shall not flame you for your question.

Hope this helps clear your confusion Desmondyeoh.

• desmondyeoh
    desmondyeoh
    Skilled Warrior
    Hercs are an abbreviation for the unit Hercules. Hercules being the final infantry unit that you can unlock. Hercules do not fly. E.G. the reason upgraded snipers are the easiest units to kill them with. I will assume you are new to WC and as such shall not flame you for your question.

Hope this helps clear your confusion Desmondyeoh.

Ops sorry. I think u want to defend airstrikes with Snipers. :rolleyes:

On lv1, Hercs have 2000 Health, snipers have 132 dps That means 16 bullets to kill a herc. Their range difference is 40. So i think there must be atleast 2 snipers with 8 bullets each.
  • The Gate Keeper
    The Gate Keeper
    Greenhorn
    Ops sorry. I think u want to defend airstrikes with Snipers. :rolleyes:

On lv1, Hercs have 2000 Health, snipers have 132 dps That means 16 bullets to kill a herc. Their range difference is 40. So i think there must be atleast 2 snipers with 8 bullets each.

Ok I don't quite know where you got "Airstrikes" from as AGAIN Hercules are NOT air units. Secondly you are obviously speaking from inexperience as if you look at the OP I did not specify an exact amount. I believe I in fact said 1+ per ratio. Also only an amateur would send non-upgraded snipers to attack so your statement is not even valid. Lastly I do believe you were the one asking for help which further makes my point of your obvious inexperience. Maybe you should read the entire post before you go and make uneducated comments. You make yourself look foolish. Now responding to your blatantly stupid posts have wasted enough of my time. I will no longer be responding to your pointless and obviously flawed views on this games mechanics. They are simply the sign of one that is intellectually challenged.

Now that said if you feel the need to make some sort of further remark to make yourself feel better by all means feel free. Just keep in mind that the need to respond to such comments simply shows your lack of self control. I will not be responding to any further posts by you. Nor will I respond to any further attempts to goad me into further debate. Now all shall see you for what you are. You sir are flawed. If you don't like it take it up with Darwin.

• McBluefire
    McBluefire
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 343
    I find luring a herc out with remote copters into a nest of paladins is best.
    BP:Bluefire McBeeSector 31 - 18545,117ID:105593
    Status: Enjoying the Revenge Raid, getting tired of playing 3 weeks to build one FF.
    WC:Marc ID:410570
    Status: Like the idea of the game - about to quit thanks to last week's "fix"

Please name one online game that fixes bugs before adding features.
  • The Gate Keeper
    The Gate Keeper
    Greenhorn
    McBluefire wrote: »
    I find luring a herc out with remote copters into a nest of paladins is best.

This works pretty well also. However the cost in resources and build time for failure are much higher should the Paladins end up being destroyed. So while Paladins are a highly valid option the possible cost of success is far higher. Seeing as it is only for taking down an AI building high cost units for such a purpose seems a waste of resources and build time. However if it was for a player Paladins may indeed be worth the extra investment.

At base build time 51:00 minute build time 4,000 Metal 5,000 Oil for Paladins.

As opposed to:

At base build time 25:30 minute build time 800 Metal 2,000 Oil for Snipers.

• desmondyeoh
    desmondyeoh
    Skilled Warrior
    Actually if you have 37 copters, you can just go ahead to kill hercs. Some will die, of course.