Anti-Wolf Levi?

  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
    Spack wrote: »
    (1) Seriously..... I've heard about offering long responses but yours seem to get longer the more you try and diffuse from the fact how pitifully weak your understanding of the current situation is. Now please continue to answer points with irrelevant reams of waffle as counter argument....I mean picking holes in time played not equalling levels gained.......It's quite obvious that the more you play the more you level. We are clearly not talking about people who log in one hour a week but people who have played regularly and continue to do so.

    (2) Now I don't care who has jobs or who couldn't make the revenge event because of whatever reason. I have both a regular job, a family and numerous other distractions. I managed the event just fine because I planned for it and judging by the massive turnout I'll assume the vast majority did the same. As for your dig about me not having played any other games? Let's just say I'm playing flash games because I can do so in a way that doesn't affect my hectic working and social schedule. I've been playing online games most of my adult life and I'll be willing to wager a lot longer than you. I could start flashing around my relative gamer tags going back to the 80's but I think that would just be overkill.

    (3) The main point though is that the current game equilibrium is just fine. There exist counters to Thud HB3's for the vast majority of regular players who have planned effectively to do so. You happen not to be one of those people because you deliberately chose to avoid collecting Drac tech. Don't you feel stupid now despite me telling you months ago how easy they were to get and you claiming they were irrelevant or to hard to even bother trying to get? It just seems like you're crying for a nerf like every other inexperienced nitwit now.

    (4) I suggest you create a perfect little bubble around you where you used to be reasonably good and stick to playing with those high level 25s of yours *snicker*

    (1) Stop trolling Spack. We know you love to but try to debate. You look bad when you fill an entire paragraph with nothing but a roundabout of insults. "We are clearly not talking about people" - no we're not... I think you are mistaking the bulk of the population of BP players. A very small portion of the population has the time you speak of. Just look at the raid event. I'm my sector there were less than 20 or so people above me. I worked for 8 hrs, slept for more. I probably had available to me less than 8hrs total and I didn't run around salvaging the whole time. Yet somehow I was on the leaderboard for my sector. So what the heck. I clearly wasn't the most active and yet I'm schooling a large portion of my sector? That's statement against the activity of the sector. Sure there were people not hitting salvages. Sure there were people that didn't have the same means that I did. But for me to be in the top 20 or so when I was barely active demonstrates just how little each player spends per day. In a single pre-planned 24 hour period of time (even advertised) there was so little action that a casual player hit the sector leaderboard. You need a better education of the population that plays BP...

    (2) You clearly didn't read my post. I already told you I'd be losing over $100 to be present for that event. I'm not someone with a malleable schedule like you claim to have. I can't plan ahead. I have the next several months booked and I cannot adjust certain things in that time. Except for my university exam period and 2 weeks after there is no time at all in which I can alter the hours I work. Not unless I want a serious cut in that paycheck. I already told you that if I'm going to toss away $100 I'm going to do it far more wisely.

    (3) You really are just a trolling moron. Even with Drac tech there is no counter. Sure you can bring the range disparity down a couple units, but that does not solve the problem. At best you get a couple lucky shots off here and there and the HB3 user has to do a few repairs. That's a load of horse ****. That is no solution. And to get that non-max tech solution you have to put damm near full time hours into a game... are you delusional? Sure, go for it. Tell me how many players you think will do that? I already explained in point 1 that the number of full time players is significantly less than you think. And we're talking about salvages no less. The number of people out rooting for Drac gear is so small that even I wind up as one of the top people in my sector who do so. So don't talk like this solution is a readily available one. There sure as hell aren't a large number of people putting their faith in Drac gear. And even those that do, what do they gain? They are a wee bit closer to the enemy. Big whoop. A smart micro like me will still own them without challenge. For all your crap about there being counters to HB3 you have yet to name one that someone below level 25 can use.

    (4) You are an idiot. Just because I think an overpowered weapon is floating around doesn't mean I need to hide. I can still get my stuff done. The number of people with this uber cannon is small. I think that at most 3 of the people that might try to kill me have it and we're rarely mutually online. So my game isn't drastically changed. I can still do my loots and stuff. But I think that once I get HB3, everyone in all of space and time may as well run and hide under a freakin rock because I'm going on a rampage and owning everyone with it. Be forewarned: When I say something is overpowered I am not whining. I am warning you that when I get it you may as well scream for the nearest help. =)
    I don't play much anymore =(
  • Pinchy
    Pinchy
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,452
    Took no effort or skill to design an all cutlass or hardened barrels 3 thud ship.

    There was TWO **** choices with ballistics enchancements, Thuds, or Rippers, it must have been REALLY elite to choose between the two right?
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
    Advantage.... spak!

    Decided how? You like trolls?
    gtslow wrote: »
    I tried making a post about that and it was shot down. Advanced Thrusters would be amazing for Missiles.

    I would shoot that idea down myself. Using specials to solve the problem doesn't solve it. The problem is a special. Countering it with another special is already possible. What we need is non-special counters. Back when Cuts ruled everyone could get a Cut and make it impossible to own with absolution. What we need is for a stock weapon to have longest range (not including mortars). That way the newbies can at least damage the killers.
    I don't play much anymore =(
  • Scurvy
    Scurvy
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 624
    LOL, everyone is making a simple fix so **** complicated. I'm sinking s/w fleets all day with BB's. You do need HB3 and Thud 4's, AL is a plus but not required. Don't want to chase them, park your fleets in a tight group.

    I sank 4 s/w fleets today in a large sector war for a total of 10 or 12 s/w's. Only one fleet was all s/w's. It's not hard and I'm making great friends sinking their "unsinkable" fleets! lol
  • Justaplayer
    Justaplayer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 145
    Pinchy wrote: »
    Took no effort or skill to design an all cutlass or hardened barrels 3 thud ship.

    There was TWO **** choices with ballistics enchancements, Thuds, or Rippers, it must have been REALLY elite to choose between the two right?

    Twice as hard as the previous decision, cutlasses or ..... oh wait, cutlasses.
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
    Dumbest discussion yet. And the term "Micro Pro" is about the funniest thing I have ever hear. I am a Micro Pro. This means I can click on a map a few times a certain distance from other things on the map. I are skilled!!!

    I'm not going to quote the whole list of garbage you spewed, but allow me to point out one very major thing: You obviously were never one of those that engaged in skilled micro. You don't even understand the slang. Micro Pro is not some ability to click a mouse fast. It has a specific definition. Micro Pros are the folk that could face off with identical ships to their opponent and win every time. How does someone with equal gear win? Superior control. That is a Micro Pro.

    As for the rest of your spewage, it holds no weight. Sure, switching from Cuts to Thuds HB3 is practically meaningless. But at the very least offline fleets used to stand a chance of costing the attacker. Now you can rush in with HB3 and wipe whole fleets off the map without so much as a bruise. There is absolutely no downside to HB3. Just swoop in, thank your victim and return for someone else. HB3 is a bully enhancement. What terrors already existed on the water just got worse. That is the definition of overpowered. We need to stabilize things so that thousands of people don't quit because they can't compete.
    I don't play much anymore =(
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
    Pinchy wrote: »
    Took no effort or skill to design an all cutlass or hardened barrels 3 thud ship.

    There was TWO **** choices with ballistics enchancements, Thuds, or Rippers, it must have been REALLY elite to choose between the two right?

    No one is arguing the difficulty in choice. There is no "elite" in finding the new epic weapon. I posted the build the second HB3 was released. It's another one of those easy layouts you can adopt without thinking. Problem is defeating it...
    Scurvy wrote: »
    LOL, everyone is making a simple fix so **** complicated. I'm sinking s/w fleets all day with BB's. You do need HB3 and Thud 4's, AL is a plus but not required. Don't want to chase them, park your fleets in a tight group.

    I sank 4 s/w fleets today in a large sector war for a total of 10 or 12 s/w's. Only one fleet was all s/w's. It's not hard and I'm making great friends sinking their "unsinkable" fleets! lol

    Your solution is using HB3 to stop HB3? Have you considered what happens to the 99% of the population who doesn't have HB3?

    Worse yet, I have a friend who told me about your tactic. Sit in the middle and let them come to you? Good CF strategy. Until some wise **** builds SWs with PMs and lights your **** up with splash damage. Yer going to have to devise a moving strategy my friend.
    I don't play much anymore =(
  • Justaplayer
    Justaplayer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 145
    Decided how? You like trolls?



    I would shoot that idea down myself. Using specials to solve the problem doesn't solve it. The problem is a special. Countering it with another special is already possible. What we need is non-special counters. Back when Cuts ruled everyone could get a Cut and make it impossible to own with absolution. What we need is for a stock weapon to have longest range (not including mortars). That way the newbies can at least damage the killers.


    Why do we need little guys to even be expecting to take on the higher levels players. Is this not the reason for having higher level players, a reason to level, more goodies, better tools. I mean why should a guy playing a week have the ability to go after some guy building, researching and yes even paying for upgrades, for the past several months.

    Next thing you know there will be a wish list request to issues every level 1 player a ff fleet with thuds and hb3, and heck add reloader 3 too, so they can go attack a level 30 at the next base the first day. Lets issue them 10,000 facebook credits too so they dont have to spend their money for quick repairs and their time for the resources to keep them repaired.
  • Scurvy
    Scurvy
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 624
    No one is arguing the difficulty in choice. There is no "elite" in finding the new epic weapon. I posted the build the second HB3 was released. It's another one of those easy layouts you can adopt without thinking. Problem is defeating it...



    Your solution is using HB3 to stop HB3? Have you considered what happens to the 99% of the population who doesn't have HB3?

    Worse yet, I have a friend who told me about your tactic. Sit in the middle and let them come to you? Good CF strategy. Until some wise **** builds SWs with PMs and lights your **** up with splash damage. Yer going to have to devise a moving strategy my friend.

    Calm down Curtis, you are getting a little uptight about all this.

    If someone wants to try PM's then no problems, I just keep moving, chasing them down. Mortars are easy to out run, even in a Levi. Not a big deal. Besides, there's not anybody in my sector, or adjoining ones, smart enough to do that. Most people only run 1 or 2 s/w's in their fleet because they cannot handle any more!

    And you have me confused with someone else as forum name is not my game name. ;-)
  • Justaplayer
    Justaplayer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 145
    I have said my piece, and will close with this last thought. I would think you of all people would like Thud/HB3 combo, it gives you the same advantage in the game over many that being a Moderator on this forum does, you can say and be as abusive as you want, no one locks or deletes or moderates your posts, but you on the other hand can lock out, or delete any post that gets the best of you. Your being a moderator on this forum is doing the same to business on this forum as you claim hb3 is doing to the game.
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
    (1) Why do we need little guys to even be expecting to take on the higher levels players. Is this not the reason for having higher level players, a reason to level, more goodies, better tools. I mean why should a guy playing a week have the ability to go after some guy building, researching and yes even paying for upgrades, for the past several months.

    (2) Next thing you know there will be a wish list request to issues every level 1 player a ff fleet with thuds and hb3, and heck add reloader 3 too, so they can go attack a level 30 at the next base the first day. Lets issue them 10,000 facebook credits too so they dont have to spend their money for quick repairs and their time for the resources to keep them repaired.

    (1) Because if there is no risk in taking out the little guys, then all the little guys will just get wiped routinely and never stand a chance. As a result many will quit.

    (2) I'm not asking for a ridiculous solution. I think they merely need to make a stock weapon have biggest range. That means putting HB3 and Cut on equal range. That way the little guys can at least cause damage and make it not so one-sided. Keep in mind, I am not a little guy. I am not fighting for my own sake here. I'm trying to find a solution to what will cause a lot of people to quit the game.
    Scurvy wrote: »
    Calm down Curtis, you are getting a little uptight about all this.

    If someone wants to try PM's then no problems, I just keep moving, chasing them down. Mortars are easy to out run, even in a Levi. Not a big deal. Besides, there's not anybody in my sector, or adjoining ones, smart enough to do that. Most people only run 1 or 2 s/w's in their fleet because they cannot handle any more!

    And you have me confused with someone else as forum name is not my game name. ;-)

    Due to the ability to use the arrow keys to rotate selection people can now move 5 ships virtually as one. So using 5 SWs with Thud HB3 (and maybe one of them PMs) they won't have to worry about the counters you have proposed. Besides, your counters still require HB3 which most people don't have. So it isn't like that solution can be used by most.

    No, I am not referring to you in particular when I spoke of my friend. The guy who informed me of your tactics (and I don't mean you in particular but rather tactics that are used by you) is someone in an entirely different sector that me. He was speaking about people who were countering him with sitting Levis with HB3. I told him to take advantage of them with PMs. He's trying that out now I'm sure.
    I have said my piece, and will close with this last thought. I would think you of all people would like Thud/HB3 combo, it gives you the same advantage in the game over many that being a Moderator on this forum does, you can say and be as abusive as you want, no one locks or deletes or moderates your posts, but you on the other hand can lock out, or delete any post that gets the best of you. Your being a moderator on this forum is doing the same to business on this forum as you claim hb3 is doing to the game.

    There are many posts here that are insulting to me or possibly containing trolls. Have I locked them? Moreover, this entire thread seems to be advertising a lie (in my opinion) but I have not locked it. So be careful how quick you are to point fingers at my Mod abilities. Yes I could abuse them and there would be no weapon against me, but I do not do that. That is one of the reasons I became a Mod. I don't abuse power.

    And going back to topic, that is why I'm saying we should not have HB3 the way it is. It is a power that is so extreme that when I get my hands on it people are going to beg the DEVs to undo it. There are already people begging, but I'm going to multiple the screams. I can't seem to get my way through forum posts. But when hundreds cry out for a solution from a single sector...
    I don't play much anymore =(
  • PacoWagtail
    PacoWagtail
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,130
    Dumbest discussion yet. And the term "Micro Pro" is about the funniest thing I have ever hear. I am a Micro Pro. This means I can click on a map a few times a certain distance from other things on the map. I are skilled!!!

    Prior to HB3, every tom **** and harry could build a bb fleet with cutlasses and go out and kite anybody with anything else to the bottom of the sea. The favorite target, was miners who were afk. Such skill they showed!!! If both fleets had cutlass, and both where guiding their fleets, both fleets were pretty much destroyed, and a random miss would be the difference between a win or loss for either fleet. More skill?? When the hb3 was introduced, bb cutlass fleets were everywhere, they required not much resources to build, not much skill to use, (if you did not have the skill, practice on Salvage until you could control them) and not much research to build, they were the most popular simply because they outranged everything except Mortars, and everyone knew you kept moving to stay out of range of the mortars. Simply put like most of the players, they give the most benefit with the least amount of effort in the game, if it takes a little effort whine that its too tuff, and maybe the devs will make it easier.

    Thuds are nothing, weak, the only thing that makes them an issue is the hb3, which requires the highest research level in the advanced lab. And why shouldn't most powerful weapon combination not be the one that requires the highest research.

    Now its getting to the point that every tom **** and harry, is rolling out cookie cutter seawolf fleets with thud/hb3 combos. the "Micro Pros" (still makes me laugh) are now using them instead of cutlasses and they are doing the same thing as the old bb/cutlass fleets.

    The only real difference and cause for all this whining is that for too long, people who though they were skilled and mighty, had it too easy, they could put a little effort, bang out a cheap ship, built with cheap research and cheap weapons and kite afk miners, and any other fleet without cutlasses to the bottom of the sea. It was easy, cheap and gave them something to pat themselves on the back for, and gave them a good solid stroke to the old ego. Taking out a fleet of levi or ff mortar ships, gave them bragging rights for a week, everybody patted them on the head and said what a master player they were.

    Truth is, in this game the only skill you have is in designing a fleet that can take on whatever fleet your going against and coming out a winner, your role during the battle is minimal at best. You tell the ship where to go, it does the rest, if you built it best it wins. If you loose to many, time to refit, cause you need to build it different. If you do not have the skill to build a winning fleet, try the forums, someone will post the next great cookie cutter fleet and tell you how to drive it. The real skilled player is the person that designs that cookie cutter fleet and uses it to beat down all comers until they copy it, and then designs the next fleet to beat the one everyone copied.
    Game, set, match.
  • Justaplayer
    Justaplayer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 145
    Curtis, if you do not have them yet, I fully understand why you think they are the end all, master I win, I think your in for a big shock the first few days you go out with your first elite fleets. As one who has been using this combo for quite some time, I fully understand its limits, and it has plenty!! The biggest one right now is the fact that people who have never had them before are rolling them out in record numbers and finding the world out there is no different then when cuts were king.
  • Spack
    Spack
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,202
    Dumbest discussion yet. And the term "Micro Pro" is about the funniest thing I have ever hear. I am a Micro Pro. This means I can click on a map a few times a certain distance from other things on the map. I are skilled!!!

    Prior to HB3, every tom **** and harry could build a bb fleet with cutlasses and go out and kite anybody with anything else to the bottom of the sea. The favorite target, was miners who were afk. Such skill they showed!!! If both fleets had cutlass, and both where guiding their fleets, both fleets were pretty much destroyed, and a random miss would be the difference between a win or loss for either fleet. More skill?? When the hb3 was introduced, bb cutlass fleets were everywhere, they required not much resources to build, not much skill to use, (if you did not have the skill, practice on Salvage until you could control them) and not much research to build, they were the most popular simply because they outranged everything except Mortars, and everyone knew you kept moving to stay out of range of the mortars. Simply put like most of the players, they give the most benefit with the least amount of effort in the game, if it takes a little effort whine that its too tuff, and maybe the devs will make it easier.

    Thuds are nothing, weak, the only thing that makes them an issue is the hb3, which requires the highest research level in the advanced lab. And why shouldn't most powerful weapon combination not be the one that requires the highest research.

    Now its getting to the point that every tom **** and harry, is rolling out cookie cutter seawolf fleets with thud/hb3 combos. the "Micro Pros" (still makes me laugh) are now using them instead of cutlasses and they are doing the same thing as the old bb/cutlass fleets.

    The only real difference and cause for all this whining is that for too long, people who though they were skilled and mighty, had it too easy, they could put a little effort, bang out a cheap ship, built with cheap research and cheap weapons and kite afk miners, and any other fleet without cutlasses to the bottom of the sea. It was easy, cheap and gave them something to pat themselves on the back for, and gave them a good solid stroke to the old ego. Taking out a fleet of levi or ff mortar ships, gave them bragging rights for a week, everybody patted them on the head and said what a master player they were.

    Truth is, in this game the only skill you have is in designing a fleet that can take on whatever fleet your going against and coming out a winner, your role during the battle is minimal at best. You tell the ship where to go, it does the rest, if you built it best it wins. If you loose to many, time to refit, cause you need to build it different. If you do not have the skill to build a winning fleet, try the forums, someone will post the next great cookie cutter fleet and tell you how to drive it. The real skilled player is the person that designs that cookie cutter fleet and uses it to beat down all comers until they copy it, and then designs the next fleet to beat the one everyone copied.

    I grinned from start to finish, rarely have I read a post that touched to the heart of a point so clearly. As far as fleet design now though there is an element of rock paper scissors with both armour types and weapon choices. I think it was Rob Anderson and myself that started rolling out thud wolves months back to much forum **** and now the consensus amongst the smarter players is that variations of engined/LA/drac tech fleets are the best counters. I'll agree that there are numerous build possibilities for both FVF and base battles now with no clear cookie cutter guaranteed winner. Curtis just hasn't gone beyond thud/HB3>Cutlass yet.

    And Curtis darling, There is no counter for HB3/thuds below advanced lab level 9-10. This means that scrub level 25's can't compete with the big boys in advanced fleet design. It is exactly as it should be! Just wake up, smell the coffee and start learning to play again or move on to something else.
    DESTRO said: 
    The Almighty Spack

    KIXEYE Swag said:
    Spack is actually my Tyler Durden.
  • JoeFri85
    JoeFri85
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 611
    Spack wrote: »
    And Curtis darling, There is no counter for HB3/thuds below advanced lab level 9-10. This means that scrub level 25's can't compete with the big boys in advanced fleet design. It is exactly as it should be! Just wake up, smell the coffee and start learning to play again or move on to something else.
    I really couldn't agree more. The only reason there is so much crying is because you can't get this combo in the first week of playing the game.

    I was the second person in my sector to have this combo and I used it to go after every bully I could find and took them down a few notches and let them know that they couldn't hide behind their alliance tag because i could take out every single one of their fleets with one ship, put a lot of people in their place and taught a lot of lessons. Our sector has calmed down a lot, but every now and then I get someone that just got the new shiny toy and thinks they are gonna bully some miners with their new seawolf, so I take one of my 5 thud fleets of FF's with AR and HB3s to play with them and show them exactly how insignificant they are. They do make great equalizer/miner/guard fleets. I had 3 people from an alliance loose about 10 fleets of ff/levis collectively and only managed to sink 2 of my fleets, never did get to see what my base looked like, think it left a really bad taste in their mouth because they don't seem to be causing much trouble in sector 6 anymore. I really look forward to the next big thing.
  • TerrorGOAT
    TerrorGOAT
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 68
    use engine 2 or 3 drac weapons with exceeding range faster reload time and rip apart ff Levis like knife through butter
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
    Curtis, if you do not have them yet, I fully understand why you think they are the end all, master I win, I think your in for a big shock the first few days you go out with your first elite fleets. As one who has been using this combo for quite some time, I fully understand its limits, and it has plenty!! The biggest one right now is the fact that people who have never had them before are rolling them out in record numbers and finding the world out there is no different then when cuts were king.

    I just took 5 SWs with Thud4, HB1, AL2, Eng2 and wiped 6 fleets off the map with everything except Cuts in defense. I took 1%, 1%, 3%, 0% and 0% damage to them. A few rapiers got the best of me but it was tricky not getting fired at by them. I mean, we're talking a range difference of 3... and I still managed to not get shot at by most of them. Give me a range dif of 9 and you won't have a chance.

    You might think this tech is limited. But put it in the hands of "Micro" and watch the terror. I'm not the only skilled micro. I won't be deluded. So if I can do it, how many more can? Enough to make this weapon tech into the meanest SOB hardware on the water.

    As per yer last comment - not possible. If people were doing such things that would imply a lot of people coining max tech. And that costs a LOT....
    Spack wrote: »
    I grinned from start to finish, rarely have I read a post that touched to the heart of a point so clearly. As far as fleet design now though there is an element of rock paper scissors with both armour types and weapon choices. I think it was Rob Anderson and myself that started rolling out thud wolves months back to much forum **** and now the consensus amongst the smarter players is that variations of engined/LA/drac tech fleets are the best counters. I'll agree that there are numerous build possibilities for both FVF and base battles now with no clear cookie cutter guaranteed winner. Curtis just hasn't gone beyond thud/HB3>Cutlass yet.

    And Curtis darling, There is no counter for HB3/thuds below advanced lab level 9-10. This means that scrub level 25's can't compete with the big boys in advanced fleet design. It is exactly as it should be! Just wake up, smell the coffee and start learning to play again or move on to something else.

    You liked that post? It was pure trash. The speak of someone that doesn't stand a chance in fleet battle. I'd love to meet up with him with equal tech and see if he can do even half damage to my fleet.

    Glad you finally admitted that level 25's and below don't stand a chance. But you say that is how it should be? Really? How it should be is dozens of people quitting because they can't fight? At least before you could give someone a middle finger if they attacked you. Now you gotta just sit there and take it up the arse...

    Which brings me to my last point... I had an FF merc on the water today. Wasn't paying attention and someone hit it. Got to micro it tho. 3 Cut FFs and 2 PM Levis. Was lucky to inflict a few shots on him as I played the cleverest of stop and go games. Took all my micro skill to see him partially damaged... Kinda blows. Oh well. But what sucks more is that there is no way even after researching HB3 tech to have mercs that can withstand it...
    I don't play much anymore =(
  • MrDim
    MrDim
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 89
    Ah heck, let's have the aircraft carriers after all..

    i totally agree! with prop drive torpedo bomber biplanes :p oh and non homing torpedos, line em up and drop like the did in WW2
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
    JoeFri85 wrote: »
    I really couldn't agree more. The only reason there is so much crying is because you can't get this combo in the first week of playing the game.

    I was the second person in my sector to have this combo and I used it to go after every bully I could find and took them down a few notches and let them know that they couldn't hide behind their alliance tag because i could take out every single one of their fleets with one ship, put a lot of people in their place and taught a lot of lessons. Our sector has calmed down a lot, but every now and then I get someone that just got the new shiny toy and thinks they are gonna bully some miners with their new seawolf, so I take one of my 5 thud fleets of FF's with AR and HB3s to play with them and show them exactly how insignificant they are. They do make great equalizer/miner/guard fleets. I had 3 people from an alliance loose about 10 fleets of ff/levis collectively and only managed to sink 2 of my fleets, never did get to see what my base looked like, think it left a really bad taste in their mouth because they don't seem to be causing much trouble in sector 6 anymore. I really look forward to the next big thing.

    Crying? Heh, personally I'm laughing. I can't believe something this strong is available to people. I'm just itching for the time I get it myself. But I know that battles are going to be really easy when I do.

    When I face a FF Thud HB3 combo I know it to be the better fleet. But I don't mind. Remember the sheer amount of repairs that the FFs will have. You can either use AL3 for equal fire rate or LA3 for less armor damage. Either way, an SW fleet will make it out of the dock sooner. Besides, I just might make an SW fleet with that wonderful Drac gun that is shorter range but far more deadly. Great counter to FFs with HB3. They can't move as fast as SWs so there is no way to avoid the inevitable gruntfest. But the FFs will take far more overall damage and the doods making them will quickly opt for the less repair intensive SW fleets. Then it is back to micro skill.
    I don't play much anymore =(
  • Scurvy
    Scurvy
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 624
    JoeFri85 wrote: »
    I really couldn't agree more. The only reason there is so much crying is because you can't get this combo in the first week of playing the game.

    I was the second person in my sector to have this combo and I used it to go after every bully I could find and took them down a few notches and let them know that they couldn't hide behind their alliance tag because i could take out every single one of their fleets with one ship, put a lot of people in their place and taught a lot of lessons. Our sector has calmed down a lot, but every now and then I get someone that just got the new shiny toy and thinks they are gonna bully some miners with their new seawolf, so I take one of my 5 thud fleets of FF's with AR and HB3s to play with them and show them exactly how insignificant they are. They do make great equalizer/miner/guard fleets. I had 3 people from an alliance loose about 10 fleets of ff/levis collectively and only managed to sink 2 of my fleets, never did get to see what my base looked like, think it left a really bad taste in their mouth because they don't seem to be causing much trouble in sector 6 anymore. I really look forward to the next big thing.

    Exactly why I have the current setup. Just Friday I confronted a known bully who has been terrorizing people in my sector. He thought he was unbeatable for his s/w fleet, and for a while he was. Boy was he upset with me after sinking 3 of his s/w fleets and then he CC'ed all three fleets and I sank them again. You should have seen his temper tantrum! He started attacking other mining fleets, cargo's, etc. Then I launch a 2nd fleet while he was attacking a cargo near my base and sank him again! He's been quiet this weekend.
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
    Scurvy wrote: »
    Exactly why I have the current setup. Just Friday I confronted a known bully who has been terrorizing people in my sector. He thought he was unbeatable for his s/w fleet, and for a while he was. Boy was he upset with me after sinking 3 of his s/w fleets and then he CC'ed all three fleets and I sank them again. You should have seen his temper tantrum! He started attacking other mining fleets, cargo's, etc. Then I launch a 2nd fleet while he was attacking a cargo near my base and sank him again! He's been quiet this weekend.

    He should CC himself some FF Thud HB3s and return you the favor... and then go back on his spree. There are very few CCers I find that are smart. Fortunately, the one CCer in my alliance is actually really good.
    I don't play much anymore =(
  • Scurvy
    Scurvy
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 624
    He should CC himself some FF Thud HB3s and return you the favor... and then go back on his spree. There are very few CCers I find that are smart. Fortunately, the one CCer in my alliance is actually really good.

    Would not have help because that was what I was using. ;-) He thought is 2 s/w, 1 levi fleet was unbeatable and now it's not. I didn't go looking for him, but I was ready for him when he showed up.
  • Scurvy
    Scurvy
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 624
    He should CC himself some FF Thud HB3s and return you the favor... and then go back on his spree. There are very few CCers I find that are smart. Fortunately, the one CCer in my alliance is actually really good.

    And my other fleet was 3 levi and 2 BB's and so far they have smoked 5 s/w fleets back to back before repairs.
  • Thymestecles
    Thymestecles
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 87
    counter a sea wolf , with, wait for it.... A SEAWOLF
    If I disagree with you, Its because you are wrong.
  • Justaplayer
    Justaplayer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 145
    ahhh, Curtis, you sound like one of the original miner jumpers, equipped with your little bb or levi cut fleet, out there hitting miners for easy loot month after month, leveling up on their many littered carcasses. Then suddenly you got caught a few times by someone with hb3 fleets and lost your gravy train and been on hard times ever since, thus you started your hb3 are op rants. Now you think gravy train is eventually gonna come back.

    Only problem with these newfangled fleets with all these newfangled weapons is they are darn expensive, both to research, to build and to repair. Two folks going head to head with the same fleet, both of them going home for a long and expensive repair, gotta beat up a lot of miners without getting caught, to make it profitable.

    And as was mentioned, in case you missed it, these hb3 make good mining fleets, they will kick the south end of your northbound fleet, if you don't watch them.
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
    Scurvy wrote: »
    Would not have help because that was what I was using. ;-) He thought is 2 s/w, 1 levi fleet was unbeatable and now it's not. I didn't go looking for him, but I was ready for him when he showed up.

    If so, then he could have likely coined up some Ripper FFs and beat you on DPS since FFs don't turn fast enough to effectively use the range extension of HB3
    ahhh, Curtis, you sound like one of the original miner jumpers, equipped with your little bb or levi cut fleet, out there hitting miners for easy loot month after month, leveling up on their many littered carcasses. Then suddenly you got caught a few times by someone with hb3 fleets and lost your gravy train and been on hard times ever since, thus you started your hb3 are op rants. Now you think gravy train is eventually gonna come back.

    Only problem with these newfangled fleets with all these newfangled weapons is they are darn expensive, both to research, to build and to repair. Two folks going head to head with the same fleet, both of them going home for a long and expensive repair, gotta beat up a lot of miners without getting caught, to make it profitable.

    And as was mentioned, in case you missed it, these hb3 make good mining fleets, they will kick the south end of your northbound fleet, if you don't watch them.

    You need to learn a thing or two about assumptions... first of all, there aren't any HB3 miners anywhere. You want to know why? Because those with HB3 don't mine, they pirate miners. Yeah, so my Cut based massacres of miners is still in full swing without any hindrances. Secondly, I'm not whining about HB3, I'm warning the entire population of BP that every inch of water I sail on will become a death trap when I get them. I'm death on water as it is. Give me the top gun in the game and you'll see the corpse pile miles higher than before.

    Just so you know, I've already built 5 SWs in a fleet that I'm ranking up while using less than HB3 and such. With DU4 these things cost 40minutes a piece to repair from death. So even supposing someone did trash them on me it is not a long repair. 200 minutes later (3hrs 20min) and that fleet is good to go. Not like my 8-9hr repair bill for my PM FFs. So, while it takes substantially longer to earn the same that I can with FFs, due to the sheer lack of HB3 among the common populace (especially miners) I can pretty much be guaranteed almost no repairs with occasional exceptions. Not just that, but I'm not a moron. When an FF fleet specifically attempts to attack a fast moving SW fleet I think I can be pretty sure I know what is on the fleet. Because no one without HB3 is going to attack SWs with FFs. Thus far I've easily spotted the superior fleets because when I'm racing around with a mere Eng2/AL2/HB1 and someone else tries to hit me, it is obvious what they are carrying. So despite my current weakness to the epic cannon of the game I have yet to lose any of my personal fleets to it. The one fleet I did lose were mercs and that was because I wasn't watching over them.

    HB3 fleets are virtually useless mining fleets. Sure they won't be sent home by dracs easily, but such fleets are easy kills. Since they don't take advantage of range you can easily mow them down with Ripper fleets. What might soon become commonplace among pirates is sending gunboats to check the contents of a miner fleet and then follow up with either Thud HB3 or Ripper AL3. There is no such thing as a living miner when someone attacks. It's just death waiting to happen. Sure you can pull off a few lucky ambushes but people will catch on and counter it.
    I don't play much anymore =(
  • Jo Farah
    Jo Farah
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 123
    All of you are fighting over Hb3/Engine3 seawolfs and what they can/cant do..... i mean cmon,just be smart and dont fight em unless u know u can take on em lol....
    No base is unbreakable...Maybe hard... but never unbreakable
    Your a real Battle Pirate when....
    DJSolo001 wrote: »
    When you pop a **** and tell your wife you refitted yourself with HB3s!!!:cool:
    Aww, from the title I thought this was about Burger King.
  • nscombat
    nscombat
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 37
    Yeah, so my Cut based massacres of miners is still in full swing without any hindrances. Secondly, I'm not whining about HB3, I'm warning the entire population of BP that every inch of water I sail on will become a death trap when I get them. I'm death on water as it is. Give me the top gun in the game and you'll see the corpse pile miles higher than before.
    You lost my resepect with that post.

    Your worried about people quiting because there is no answer for low/mid level players to hb3.

    People quit because they can't mine.
  • Kevin Gregory Page
    Kevin Gregory Page
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 33
    lol best Wolf killer fleet is a wolf fleet lol
    ARMOUR: DU4, GUNS::2 x Thud 4, 3 x Ripper 4, SPECIAL:: Engine Upgrade 3, Layered Armour 3, Hardened Barrels 3
    Armour goes from: 2,706 points to 8,118 for Balistic total weight is 2228 try it
    29
    PB ID: 1361637. Sec 71
    OS: Windows 7 Profesional SP2
    IE9 Beta
    Adobe Flash latest
  • IcenI 53
    IcenI 53
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,644


    Spack. I'll say this clearly and audibly for you. You are a freakin dunce. Yes you are. Here is your stupidity on a platter:

    So as you CLEARLY continue to miss. You are required to have MULTIPLE buildings to a minimum level of 8/9 just to be able to piece together something that will hurt an SW. Everyone that fails these standards has only one option: Turn and run like ****.

    Looks like Spack got owned lol !
    Old players don't know best !
Sign In or Register to comment.