The Battle Pirates - story

• dasprofessor
    dasprofessor
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1
    Very good job, I was a little worried when you asked us not to be too hard on you...for having so little to start with - you came up with an interesting and moving back-story. I, for one, thank you.

Please continue your story. I hope that the powers at kixeye read your story and put you to good use.

Prof. David E. Wilson MBA, MISM

AKA

Dasprofessor
  • Connor-1015584
    Connor-1015584
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,122
    My name is Connor, amd I aprove of this story. Publish this in a book and let us all know, I will be sure to read it. If I had a dollar to give you for how good this story is, well, lets just say you could retire right now and have enough left over to retire your children, grandchildren, great grandchildren... My point is THIS STORY IS EPICLY GOOD!!! +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 (more zeros neded, but its hard to do that on a mobile phone ;) )
    Phule wrote: »
    In conclusion, adapt, overcome, the game isn't impossible just different.
    Level- 29 and PROUD of it!
  • wicketokia
    wicketokia
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 37
    good story i like it keep it up
  • BeemerBandit
    BeemerBandit
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 70
    Well Done, Keep it up.
  • Myles_Kloetzli
    Myles_Kloetzli
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4
    A good story, I had an idea for something like this too but it looks like you beat me to it! You could make a collection of short stories for different characters and factions like the draconian s rise to power, a theory I had for the story line is that global warming and the melting of the ice caps flooded the world.
  • Michael Middleton
    Michael Middleton
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 812
    The next part again over two chapters and more character development sorry this one is a bit lacking in action - keeping that for the next one. Other than flushing out the characters I've tried to explain the reason for "Fortify" in this chapter as it wasn't something we had from day one - here's my reason for that hope if works.

Five

“The attack on the Outpost was devastating both in resources and in personnel losses although everything was replaceable the seventy-two deaths were morale drainers on their own, seventy-two funerals more than we had ever had in even one year. So many others critically hurt, we could have turned in on ourselves, some think we should have but we stuck with it and found a new place.”

The fires took nearly six hours to extinguish and it was another twelve hours before all the buildings were checked for bodies and unexploded munitions and made safe so repairs could begin. In total the island had lost seventy people in the initial attack with two others dying from their wounds before the end of the first day. Included among the dead Captains Stewart and Dimitri were dead killed when the Howitzer ammunition exploded as was Director Melville cut to pieces when machine gun fire from the attacking ships penetrated her office.

Nearly two hundred others were injured, sixteen of those critically, ironically the Captain who had injured himself during the rescue operations was one of the worse off the piece of metal that had torn skin, flesh and bone breaking two ribs and puncturing a lung. Along side him Dr Rachel McManus had come through her ordeal with a broken arm while Tech Captain Owen had lost his left leg when a support beam from the shipyard had fallen and pinned him near the water’s edge.

With six members of the seven person security council dead or injured Senator Michaels had taken it apon himself to make decisions for the entire Island over all areas. First he ordered all ships currently mining or scouting to return to the Island, next he ordered the Outpost not only repaired but upgraded with the lowest two basement levels turned into massive bomb shelters for the civilian population. Next he ordered every factory, storage and research building surrounded in “a ring of steel” to ensure no small arms fire could penetrate any building and cause the same loss as that of Director Melville.

To pay for these upgrades the Senator halted production on two further Battle Barge-class vessels and cancelled plans to build two further Howitzer platforms. Nearly a fortnight later the Captain returned to light duties to find the Island stagnating with no new resources coming in, no ships deployed and nothing in production they had turned in on themselves.

Without wasting further time the Captain immediately used his authority as senior captain to launch all the mining fleets including his own Battle Barge fleet minus himself in order to gain new resources and contact further local pirates. While his ships were launching he called a Council meeting.

“Captain it’s good to see you have returned to us.” Senator Michaels said quietly as the Captain entered.

“Very happy” Rachel McManus said she still favoured her hurt right arm but all in all she seemed to be well on the mend.

“Thank you both” the Captain said quietly “this chamber seems quiet, empty almost.” He said looking at the other empty chairs.

“Tech Owen is not well enough to return to duty, there are questions whether he will ever be able to…” Michaels began

“Questions from whom?” the Captain asked staring at Michaels “I spoke to the Tech this morning he has already mastered his accessible chair and doctors think they should be able to fit him with an artificial leg by the end of the month, the Doctor’s own reports state he should be able to do everything he did before. So I ask you who is restricting Owen…” the Captain asked his anger boiling over.

“Owen has already asked for several of his office’s plans” Rachel said quietly trying to calm the waters however before she could continue the Captain interrupted again his anger no longer under control.

“Who has not appointed a new Security Director or appointed someone to direct resource collection? Who has failed to include the other Captains in a single decision since the attack?”

“I believed a more cautious approach was best considering what happened. I have done my best to safeguard our people.” Michaels said quietly trying to weasel out of things “I did not want to appoint anyone further to this council as… I did not want to go over your heads” he said raising his arms to include both Rachel and the Captain. “Now that we are all together again we can all decide.”

“Fine.” The Captain said raising to his feet himself “now that we are together” he said looking at both Michaels and Rachel, who nodded slowly knowing what he had planned, allow me to introduce you to Commander Vega from Marauder Six, she will be our new Director of Resource Collection.” He said on queue the young Commander entered and took her place at the table. Michaels began to complain however the Captain raised his hand forestalling further words from the Senator “allow me to finish Senator.” The Captain said he almost spat the man’s title “allow me to introduce former Chief of the Deck of the original Marauder retired Master Chief Petty Officer Mr David Lee, our new Security Director. As one of our most decorated…”

“He means old” David said quietly taking his place

“…non-commissioned officers Mr Lee knows how to keep the peace on a ship under fire and I’m sure this Island can do with learning some of those lessons. And finally” he continued “ship Captain Fox who will command Battle Barge-Two when it is completed, which production resumed on this morning.”

“Of course these appointments will have to be confirmed by this council, as will the continued production of further vessels.” Michaels said looking at the two newcomers knowing both would be supporters of the Captain.

“I spoke to Owen this morning and he agreed on both accounts, Rachel?”

“Look’s fine to me Captain, welcome to all three of you.” She said all three nodded their thanks “also I have been speaking with Owen and some of his men were able to salvage some papers from their offices before fire destroyed much of the rest. Owen has said they are working on something called the Leviathan, a new ship that should be able to match the pirate Lord’s flagship.” She said smiling triumphantly. “Also we’ve begun work on the Mark I Peacemaker, should be ready for a test firing a week on Friday.”

“And how much will we spend on that?”

“As much as we need to, don’t worry Captain we’ll get you everything you need.” Vega promised.

“I know you will commander, it’s good to have you aboard.” The Captain said retaking his seat it actually hurt more to sit but he didn’t want to feel like he was looking down on them, “Now first things first I want to find Blackheart’s Island and put some holes in his Outpost. It’s about time that we showed we aren’t scared to stand up for ourselves.” The Captain said raising his arm his hand closed in a fist, all of the others, except Michaels followed suit cheering as they did.
    My piece of Battle Pirates Fan Fiction: http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/125229-The-Battle-Pirates-story Hope you enjoy!!

My second piece of Battle Pirates Fan Fiction[url] http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/196200-Owen-s-shipyard?p=1716922#post1716922 [/url] Hope you enjoy!!!
    Sortar wrote: »
    haha what an idiot..more money for king will and his tribe of merry idiots...you guys complain then just spend more...classic..
  • Michael Middleton
    Michael Middleton
    Strike-force Captain
    The Captain’s rebuilding plan took longer than expected Battle Barge Two and Three sister ships to the Captain’s own ship took a month to build. Vessel’s four and five both of which had been fitted with the new Mark I Peacemaker Mortar system took a further month to complete. Fortunately during this time it gave the base time to improve its defences with a new Sentinel Missile Battery added, and Senator Michael’s “Wall of Steel” project completed fortifying all the island’s critical buildings. The Outpost was also fully upgraded with new systems and the new bunker defence in the basement.

The Captain had recovered from his wounds quite well, for once listening to his doctors he’d stayed on dry land and allowed his body to heal. In this time he’d found a kindred spirit in Dr Rachel McManus, he’d rarely if ever spend much time with her before the attack however now whenever he was not working he was with her.

Heading towards the docks he was half jogging when Rachel appeared at the foot of the stairs, she gave him a scornful look and he slowed his pace “morning” he greeted.

“What have you been told about taking it easy?” She asked playfully as he joined her at the bottom of the stairs.

“I’m fine, all healed ready for sea duty.” He said confidently

“So if I do this…” she said leaning in to kiss him she ran her hand along his ribs and back. Despite it being her lightest touch he could feel the pain return.

“Okay, I’m better than I was.” He said trying to reassure her “it’s only a Scout mission.”

“A Scout mission that could turn into a combat operation correct?” She pushed she knew as well as he what the mission included and the reason all five Battle Barges were heading out together for the first time.

“We’ll be fine.” He said “I need to do this, it’s been too long, I need to feel the sea under my feet again. I need to see what threatens us.”

“I know.” Rachel said kissing him again “just walk with me for a minute, I need to show you something.”

“I don’t think we have time…” he said playfully but he knew she meant something else and followed. They went down two further levels to the Ship construction yard seeing Tech Captain Owen standing looking over the yard supported by only a single crutch now. Despite his uniform covering the mechanical leg completely and his movement not being impaired at all the Captain often had to watch himself as when he was with the man not wanting to draw attention to the Tech’s injury. “Tech Owen, what’s the occasion? You missed the council meeting yesterday.”

“Again, **** I always forget about those” he joked

“Nothing changes” the Captain said quietly

“Well some things do.” Rachel said peering out the windows “Tell him Owen.”

“Captain, construction’s finally started.”

“On what?”

“The Leviathan.” Owen said triumphantly the Captain looked out the window and saw the keel had barely been laid nothing else evident at all. “She’ll be three times your Battle Barge’s size, slower by a quarter more the firepower half again in armour, a real weapon to crack Blackheart’s back with.”

“Very nice, I look forward to seeing it.” The Captain said he was happy that Owen had finally finished work on the Leviathan plans and construction but the sea was calling and he had a mission to run.

“Not just that.” Rachel said quietly “we’ve been working on a new patrol ship too. Smaller than your Battle Barges but nimbler with the firepower of the Leviathan, the Sea Cat is the current code name.”

“Sea Cat? Sounds like a passenger boat” Owen said “now Sea Wolf, that’s a proper ship name.”

“Great you two argue about the name and when I come back we’ll all sit down and annoy Michaels with the production costs.” The Captain said smirking at the thought the Senator had been playing nice recently which made the Captain want to get out to sea even more.

“You be careful” Rachel said hugging him being careful on his still tender ribs “and come back to me.” She whispered into his ear, he kissed her on the cheek and the shared a look then he turned to leave.

“Captain” Owen called from behind him the Captain turned to see Owen standing fully at attention not even bothering with his stick. The tech who almost never stood on ceremony came to a precise salute “Give’em Hell Sir.” He said smiling the Captain nodded and left.

“Be careful” Rachel whispered watching him leave.

“He’ll be back, the good ones always come back” Owen said dropping his formality again leaning on his stick. “Tell me something how are your lot getting on with those D-33s?”

“Soon be ready for a test” Rachel said

“Sounds fun, I want in” Owen said as the Battle Barge Fleet as everyone around the base had begun to call it began to filter out of the docks letting off their horns and sirens as they did. Along the banks people stopped what they were doing to wave them off and give them a cheer no-one would have thought they were heading to war.

There you go both parts hope you like them, comments always welcome and more coming soon
    My piece of Battle Pirates Fan Fiction: http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/125229-The-Battle-Pirates-story Hope you enjoy!!

My second piece of Battle Pirates Fan Fiction[url] http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/196200-Owen-s-shipyard?p=1716922#post1716922 [/url] Hope you enjoy!!!
    haha what an idiot..more money for king will and his tribe of merry idiots...you guys complain then just spend more...classic..
  • -War-Lord-
    -War-Lord-
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 54
    Nice Madness of Mike, is the Rick is The_Rick in our sector?
    Awesome story, cant wait till the next onee,

-War-Lord-
    Battle Pirates- Sector:73
    IGN: -War-Lord-
  • Pinchy
    Pinchy
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,452
    LongSHIP not LongBOAT it's not a viking vessal.
  • PacoWagtail
    PacoWagtail
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,130
    Excellent story, keep up the good work.

Regarding the Sidewinders (sounds like my boys, The Titans), you said they were South of you, if they are in 71 and you are in 73, then they are North of you.
  • James Ketzenberger
    James Ketzenberger
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 4
    Your false pretense makes me laugh. so called stepping stone to writing a great story my big toe. Peter is doin just fine stop tryin to steal his thunder.
  • Michael Middleton
    Michael Middleton
    Strike-force Captain
    -War-Lord- wrote: »
    Nice Madness of Mike, is the Rick is The_Rick in our sector?
    Awesome story, cant wait till the next onee,

-War-Lord-

possibly, technically, yes :D He was one of the first people I spoke to in the game so now immortalized in writing
    Pinchy wrote: »
    LongSHIP not LongBOAT it's not a viking vessal.

Good Catch, I'll fix
    Excellent story, keep up the good work.

Regarding the Sidewinders (sounds like my boys, The Titans), you said they were South of you, if they are in 71 and you are in 73, then they are North of you.

I only used the name

• SonsOfAnarchy
    SonsOfAnarchy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 207
    Always A pleasure to read new chptrs when i get to work! AWESOME BRO KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :)
  • captain_morgan
    captain_morgan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 237
    Lots of talent you got, thanks a lot :-)
  • Michael Middleton
    Michael Middleton
    Strike-force Captain
    I continue to be thankful for the comments this story has received as we continue the journey of one island. Although I have decided to avoid naming any of my in game enemies (as it isn't fair to pick on specific individuals) I have included names of people who have worked with me in Sector 73 and those on my friends list. Although I have changed the name slightly in some cases hopefully any of you can work out who you are and that you don't mind :)

Blackheart the most hated of pirate names (mainly because there are so many) so it makes the obvious enemy for this story - Blackhearts change your name

Six

“Contrary to what some say we didn’t go looking for trouble. The Captain did everything he could to keep us from engaging the enemy. Unfortunately Blackheart wasn’t alone in defending his base that area was a death trap and we were lucky to slip away and return home.”

For a well known pirate lord there was very few people who wanted to become involved in the Captain’s search for Blackheart’s base. Heading in the general direction of Blackheart’s retreated fleet however in the horizon-to-horizon sea it was a needle in a hay stack until they had a lucky break. Heading north the fleet of five Battle Barges came across a group of Forsaken ships under attack by Draconian forces which were defending a cargo ship. Although they were certain the Forsaken fleet had been the attacker and been taken surprise by the Draconian fleet, the Draconians were no friends and the Captain ordered the Battle Barges to engage.

As the surviving three ships retreated from the remaining two Draconian vessels the five Battle Barges came in together behind their opponents opening fire with a barrage of Thud Cannon and Rapier Missile fire. The missile and cannon fire from the forward three Battle Barges broke the back of one of the Draconian vessels almost immediately snapping the vessel into two distinct parts, the second ship was hit by four Peacemaker mortars from the rear two Battle Barges which broke their rudder and engine screws leaving the ship unable to turn or accelerate. Drifting the ship was dead meat to the remaining three ships. With the Draconians stopped they were able to contact the surviving Forsaken vessels under the command of Captain Alex War.

Although Alex was appreciative of the save and he knew of the Pirate Lord Blackheart he didn’t know where the pirate was based. Instead he agreed to share the resources gained from the Draconians and passed on coordinates for another pirate who may know more about Blackheart. Several days later they arrived at an Island controlled by Lord Will the Third. Lord Will was able to provide information on the general location of Blackheart’s base and information that the base was marked with a gold and red skull-and-crossed bones flag.

• Michael Middleton
    Michael Middleton
    Strike-force Captain
    Armed with this information the fleet pushed on for another three days they sailed north west heading past multiple fleets several that came close to the fleet but none who were willing to challenge the Battle Barges. The Captain was surprised to see that almost every fleet he had seen had variations of the Gunboat, Skirmisher, Longship and Marauder his own fleet that used they even saw what looked like a variation of a Battle Barge with huge reinforced sides of an enlarged cargo hold and machine guns on the deck.
    “Captain we’re approaching the coordinates Lord Will gave us.” One crewman as the Captain walked onto the bridge.

“Good everyone stay alert, all ships assume combat formation.” The Captain ordered

“Captain, there are three island’s in close proximity all three have the same red and gold flags.” Another crewmen alerted. “We have fleets of longships and Skirmishers approaching from both port and starboard.”

“Hell” the Captain whispered “All ships combat formation Alpha combat stations Battle Barge Two you and Battle Barge five engage the ships to port, we will engage the fleets to starboard.” He transmitted the crewmen listening to his orders to the others had already begun turning to ship towards the enemy the forward Thud Cannons almost immediately opened fire tearing two of the skirmishers to pieces almost immediately. The other ships were also firing their weapons tearing a pair of longships apart with their weapons.

“Torpedoes in the water!” A crewmen screamed the Captain looked up and saw the two underwater projectiles.

“Helm full port rudder!” The captain ordered glancing across the ocean he saw Battle Barges Two and Five had completed their work and were heading back. “All ships Formation Alpha break formation and avoid torpedoes. Battle Barge Two circle around enemy formation hit them from the rear beware torpedoes.” He said contacting Captain Fox’s two ships as his own vessel began moving defensively.

“Captain, from the islands two fleets each preparing to launch they’ll be at sea very soon.” An observer alerted, as if they weren’t already in enough trouble. Avoiding another spread of torpedoes Battle Barge Three wasn’t fast enough and was struck in its forward section.

“Oh no” the Captain muttered looking at the ship fortunately the crew quick to act sealed the section however with water aboard the ship’s balance was completely out and her speed was destroyed. “Battle Barge Three, effect repairs best you can break contact with enemy if possible” the Captain ordered the ship acknowledged his communication however it was moving very sluggishly. At almost the same time the two Longships which had been firing torpedoes exploded as Fox’s two ships ‘barged’ through them sinking both vessels in a single salvo.

“Sorry we took our time Captain, sight seeing.”

“Understood Fox, good to have you with us. Both combat formations rejoin main squadron. Battle Barge Three begin repairs.” The Captain ordered looking at his scattered fleets, his eyes lingered on the holed Battle Barge Three wondering what the damage and casualty report would be. Even as he was lost in his thoughts a huge explosion erupted from the forward section of Battle Barge Four tearing off one of the Peacemaker Mortars. “What on Earth?!” The Captain exclaimed several crewmen were knocked from their knees as a result of the impact. “Observer have those fleets launched?”

“Negative Captain, that was base defences. The first fleet is just coming clear of their dock now.”

“Base defence? That was some sort of mortar!” The Captain shouted as three more massive shells landed in the water around the fleets. “We can’t match that…” The Captain whispered

“Fox, to Battle Barge One, do you read. We cannot match that firepower, we need to fall back.” Captain Fox warned.

“Agreed, all ships fall back bring engines to full combat speeds, full retreat for home. We’ve found what we needed to find, let’s call this a victory.” The Captain ordered all ships turning to the observer “keep an eye on those fleets, I need to know their course and speed.”

“Aye sir.” For the next several hours the observer updated the captain ever ten minutes as eight fleets then ten fleets chased the single damaged Battle Barge fleet. Comprised of Longships, Marauders, Battle Barges and even a couple of Leviathans, there were all massed against the five retreating Battle Barges.

The Captain retired to his quarters to think, they were leading these fleets back into what Captain Rick had called Sector 73. Blackheart undoubtedly knew where their base was but did the others. Would his Battle Barges improve the Island’s chances and add to its defences or condem it to more attacks. Lost in his thoughts the Captain almost missed his desk computer flashing he reached over and pressed the enter key the screen and web cam activated displaying Captain Fox’s image. “Captain, sorry to have bothered you sir.”

“No problem, Fox” the Captain said leaning back barely looking at Fox.

“Is there a problem with you sir?”

“No Fox, fine, living and breathing. Unlike the twenty-one souls on Battle Barge Four and the three souls on Battle Barge Three.”

“Sir their deaths are not your fault. You couldn’t have known.”

“We should have waited longer, as soon as I saw those three bases all having the same flag we should have turned around.” The Captain muttered quietly going over the battle in his head “we should never have left the island.”

“We had to follow the evidence sir, see what we faced. It was only a matter of time before Blackheart came back. Now we know.”

“And we’re leading ten fleets back into the Sector, everyone gets to pay for my adventurism.”

“I was thinking about that. We’ve already met those willing to help us, as soon as we enter Sector 73 waters we broadcast a distress and warning signal informing everyone of what is going on, hopefully enlist some support and we kill every single fleet behind us or we die trying.”

“Who else will want to get involved?” The Captain asked remembering the reactions to Blackhearts name before.

“Captain Rick did, I bet others feel the same way. We stem this attack now.” Fox said.

“Agreed Captain” the Captain said looking at the other man’s image fully “we stop them and sink them.” He said “pass the word all ships to broadcast our signal as soon as we are in the sector, and Fox?”

“Sir”

“Thanks.” He said nodding to the other man, a very capable second-in-command if things went wrong the Captain would make sure Battle Barge Two made it home.

• Michael Middleton
    Michael Middleton
    Strike-force Captain
    Almost four days later the five damaged Battle Barges entered the waters marked as Sector 73 the radio activated on the same frequency as before and all five ships began broadcasting their distress call for all to hear. Hours later still on a direct course for home the radar operator reported contacts coming from the south east heading directly for them “ships on the horizon” an observer reported “nine fleets in total, big ships sir. Looks like there may even be a Leviathan or two among them.” The Captain's heart sank he'd hoped to avoid fighting so many in open sea, but some of Blackheart's forces must have gone around.

“Incoming communications” the communications officer reported.

“This is Captain Simon Hell to Battle Barge Fleet, you enjoy annoying Sector 72? Mind if we join the fun?” The radio message came through loud and clear. “I have Lord Will, Captain War, JJ Strong, Captain ‘Buk’ Buknola and I believe you know Captain Rick with me.” He said across the board sightings began to appears as other fleets appeared alongside the ships already in sight. “Prepare for company.”

The combination of six other Island’s fleets together in mass formation was something to be seen the Captain ordered his own Battle Barges to pass through the formation turn and join them, as they turned they saw two formations of five Marauders. “Sir! Their ours!” The first officer alerted

“Marauder Seven report” the Captain ordered as both fleets of Marauders took up flanking positions around the Battle Barge fleet.

“Well Captain, it appeared you needed help, we couldn’t expect others to assist if we were not willing to assist you as well.” Senator Michaels replied

“Michaels?” the Captain almost shouted down the microphone in surprise.

“Indeed Captain, let’s just say the Island needs you a lot more alive than dead.”

“Fall in behind us, we’ll open the door you knock it down.” He ordered as the first ships began to engage the enemy. Although the fleets from Sector 73 together outnumbered the fleets from the other sector in numbers but their ships were smaller in general. Working together two or three fleets engaged enemy fleets one after the next several ships were knocked out of the battle after taking heavy. Both Battle Barge Three and Four previously damaged in the combat near Blackheart’s base were forced to retire as were several other ships from all the fleets however after nearly three hours of heavy combat the two sectors disengaged Blackheart and his allies towing away their wrecked vessels.

On fire, holed just above the waterline and with two turrets disabled but still floating Battle Barge One was a mess looking out the shattered bridge windows the Captain could see almost all his ships were in as bad a condition, three of the Marauders were taking on water and in danger of floundering but salvageable.

“Battle Barge One to Captain Simon Hell, your assistance was appreciated as was everyone’s, why did you answer our calls we have done nothing for you.”

“You have also never caused us any harm, unlike Blackheart and his friends.” Simon replied “You are a member of this sector, you do not break our simple rules of non-aggression and we will not have a problem. If you need assistance there is some among us who are willing to help, you have much to learn about this sector Captain, but today I think you learned a great lesson. Standing up to Blackheart and his cohorts was a good step, I look forward to fighting with you again. Now we must take our leave, things to do I’m sure you understand.”

“I do” the Captain said “and the thanks of my crews and my island go out to you all.”

“Until the next time.” Hell promised then almost as quickly as they had come the other pirates from both sectors were gone, however an interest had sparked within him about not only his opponent Blackheart but also in the other islands of their sector.

Taking advantage of some of the new weapons and abilities in the game, such as torpedoes

Too big for a single post oops

Hope you enjoyed more to come soon

• Connor-1015584
    Connor-1015584
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,122
    Good... No, not good. Great... No, not great. I need a good word to tell you how good this is. Ill just say great a few tines: great great great great great great. I would like to see some sub action in the next few chapters. Mabye a battle against a sub. Now im thinking for you, but that was my idea :)
    Phule wrote: »
    In conclusion, adapt, overcome, the game isn't impossible just different.
    Level- 29 and PROUD of it!
  • Teddycuddlez
    Teddycuddlez
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 5,076
    Which is south of me in 73, not to worry they will be played in a good light and in the background, I just needed an alliance name I knew

I'm not Sidewinders, in fact I think the alliance I left was about to go to war with them.
  • Trojan_Cannon
    Trojan_Cannon
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 6
    awesome, can't wait for more :D. Perhaps you could add a date for when u hope next chapters will be done.
  • dragontrs
    dragontrs
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 68
    man this is a good story i am going to let my friend know about it and can't wait to know what happens next. keep up the good work
  • -War-Lord-
    -War-Lord-
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 54
    nice work !!
    Battle Pirates- Sector:73
    IGN: -War-Lord-
  • Le' Mercenaire'
    Le' Mercenaire'
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 99
    i just couldnt stop laughing when you called the person to build ships Schmee...will Curtis Smale than be for the island defences????

Dude, let's try and keep the crap out of this thread and this mans great story eh? shemale can no more play a decent pirate character than play with himself. hehheh....

To Michael; As a writer of sorts myself, I find myself wanting more, which as any good book reader knows, is a plus for getting things published. Keep up the good work mate!

“Who is the happy Warrior? Who is he
    That every man in arms should wish to be?”
    "Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire."
  • Capt_Werq
    Capt_Werq
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 145
    Man this story is good^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Smale View Post
    I call 'shopped' =)
    Quote Originally Posted by KIXEYE CM Swag View Post
    I am here every day being your voice to the developers. I make daily reports on the voice of the community, even weekends and holidays. I have gotten into full-blown arguments before in making a case on behalf of the players; it's just not something that I can talk about on a regular basis. As long as I am here, you can be sure your voices are heard.
  • kauznutz
    kauznutz
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 1,150
    This is an amazing story..I can't wait for the next installment...since i'm a major internet troll as are you and i'm sure you have heard of the 4tg maybe working them into the storyline as the world villian of sorts...just my petty suggestion..this story is AMAZING i'm sharing it as mandatory reading for my alliance.

Game Name Erebos.....google it...i'm that bad

• duncan
    duncan
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 489
    best thing ive read on the forum in a long time,keep it up :cool:
  • CaptainMorganFreeman
    CaptainMorganFreeman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 15
    finally, something thats not ALL business on forums.. a lil entertainment much needed in a good forum... well done so far m8
    CaptainMorganFreeman SW(seawolf) sector 253 lvl 27
    151385,442;
    ill leave the light on, but your gonna pay for those resources
    :cool:
  • killerbee181
    killerbee181
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5
    great story can't wait for more. great job!
    User ID is: 1045091
  • Sharon Maitland
    Sharon Maitland
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2
    Loving the story......keep up the good work!!!!
  • Michael Middleton
    Michael Middleton
    Strike-force Captain
    I'm continuing to be blown away by the comments from people about this threat. It's been an enjoyable ride so far. Revenge Raid II and Relocate returns and a new chapter.

Seven

“The Michaels family have always been honoured among us, a member of the family commanded one of the original ships that came to our island, leading the survivors from the old world. However in recent history the family have played politics more than looking out for the people. Senator Michaels choice to support the Fleet in their fights against Blackheart was seen by some as a political play by some, while others saw it as a family retaking their rightful place.”

Returning home victorious the fleet was applauded by massive crowds despite the loss of life and the weeks of repairs the ships would need. The inclusion of all the Battle Barges and almost all the Marauders in the battle meant almost all were out of commission until repairs were complete. This left the Longships and other craft to mine without support but no-one seemed to care, they were happy to have a victory.

In the following week orders for a strengthening of the island’s defence came from the council chambers as it was realized that there was more than one enemy out there, additional Sentinel Missile Batteries were ordered as was increases in weapon research and ship development in an effort to match the other fleets around them.

At the same time another plan was hatched by the Captain and Senator Michaels…

“Senator, you joined us in battle, I was impressed with your courage.” the Captain had said when he met with the man days later on the island. Reports of the battle stated Senator Michaels’ left arm had been broken in the battle by a particularly nasty fall however he had continued to support his Marauder’s crew for as long as the battle lasted refusing to go below for treatment.

“I saw what was needed, what this island wanted, they are yours you know?” Michaels said quietly his voice both angry and resigned to failure.

“They should be no-ones not mine, not yours and certainly not a Pirate Lords.”

“How bad was it?”

“Bad enough for me to know we’re going to suffer a lot more if Blackheart isn’t given a real bloody nose.” The Captain had said “however we can’t do it without allies.”

“We are not really in the position to begin an alliance, we brought potential war and raiding on this sector without even asking others. If it hadn’t been for the other islands deciding to support us at the 11th hour then your fleet would have been sunk and this island likely flattened.” Michaels cautioned

“Aye, but together this sector could match them, we did match them. We just need a way to bring them all together.”

“Captain” Michaels said formally “you already said that this sector seems to look after its own informally and had shed away from having a binding alliance.”

“That is what it appears.” The Captain said cautiously

“What if we could show the other Islands that if we do not show Blackheart and his allies that we mean business than only further trouble will follow.”

“And how would we do that…” The Captain had asked staring at a large map spread over his table. Michaels stepped opposite the Captain drawing his finger down the map he pointed at a point near the middle of the sector. “Show them what they most fear.” The Captain said quietly, over the coming days nearly a dozen Courier/Skirmisher-class ships had left the island each with their own set of orders, these had been followed by a single fleet of five Scout/Gunboat craft a few days later which had their own mission. Finally after nearly a week the Battle Barge Fleet under the command of the Captain and Senator Michaels also left the island heading far deeper into “Sector 73.”