any one tried snipers ?

srinath
srinath
Skilled Warrior
Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 335
edited 25 Nov 2011, 9:53AM
i tried snipers from go-go bar they seem waste , any one tried them at an base ?
WAR COMMANDER USER ID : 16976
BATTLE PIRATES USER ID is: 14121
  • Elder_Lee
    Elder_Lee
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 7,468
    Srinath,

So far they don't live up to their expectations, hopefully once the get more leveled up or maxed out they will rock.
    Keep your head down, your ammo dry and the FIGHT alive!  
    WC User ID: 76066
    Lvl 38
    Sector 33, 112, 6, 144, 240, 409, 19, 5, ( 420 )
    Support: http://www.kixeye.com/support/
    Report: https://www.kixeye.com/support/web/report?game=wc
    Not a KIXEYE representative or employee in any form or means, just an Elder of the game.
  • srinath
    srinath
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 335
    making 1 sniper to try now
    WAR COMMANDER USER ID : 16976
    BATTLE PIRATES USER ID is: 14121
  • Duong Trung Ton-That
    Duong Trung Ton-That
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 170
    rifeman is way better
  • Themistocles
    Themistocles
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,808
    Have not tried snipers, but maxed out Rifleman can mow down a good portion of troops (in sufficent numbers). I've even had Riflemen take out light tanks
    To those people who take things on this game a bit too seriously....it's a game, not real life. Chill out a bit

First Command: A Battle Pirates Story

http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/143711-First-Command-A-Battle-Pirates-Story
  • Frank Wilcox
    Frank Wilcox
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 17
    Have not tried snipers, but maxed out Rifleman can mow down a good portion of troops (in sufficient numbers). I've even had Riflemen take out light tanks
    Ditto. I've been using rifleman almost exclusively since everything else I've tried has sucked in comparison; they're even more awesome since I maxed them out. I can fill up on rifleman in nothing flat since I can auto finish 30ish at a time for 0 credits while everything else takes much longer to spawn and costs more resources and dies out even faster while dealing less damage.

The only thing I've had trouble with are the higher tier tanks. My infantry and vehicles just get wiped out (since I haven't unlocked those tanks yet) and my aircraft get annihilated by turrets before they can do anything.
  • desmondyeoh
    desmondyeoh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 304
    Hey Frank,

Maybe you should watch this vid.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSN3dddKvCE
    You will learn more , =D
  • Duong Trung Ton-That
    Duong Trung Ton-That
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 170
    Hey Frank,

You will learn more , =D

that is great but to complicate for control and if u make mistake or step on the mine, they doom
    way better with 15 rihno or 13 paladin, plus 35 wings drone, 10min to destroy that base
    Thanks anyway
  • Frank Wilcox
    Frank Wilcox
    Greenhorn
    Hey Frank,

You will learn more , =D
    That was indeed enlightening... once I muted the nails-on-chalkboard "music". I'll be trying it out just as soon as my rocket troops finish spawning.

EDIT: All I accomplished was losing a bunch of troops because the tanks' ranges are so long.
  • urborg74
    urborg74
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 184
    Aye, that vid won't work as the game is now.

Sad to hear snipers aren't up to par for now.
  • desmondyeoh
    desmondyeoh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 304
    I know larh.. that vid is verrrry old . but the techniques are not bad. distracting rockets.. I also changed the rocket launchers to copters and cobras and used one rifle man to distract tanks out and ran far away. distract again when they were going back to the base. takes long time..
  • Commiesalami
    Commiesalami
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 47
    Ive got level 4 snipers (Nothing else to upgrade right now) and they still suck horribly, 145 DPS at 320 range. And they are slower than mega tanks to boot
  • Frank Wilcox
    Frank Wilcox
    Greenhorn
    I know larh.. that vid is verrrry old . but the techniques are not bad. distracting rockets.. I also changed the rocket launchers to copters and cobras and used one rifle man to distract tanks out and ran far away. distract again when they were going back to the base. takes long time..
    It also occurred to me to use copters instead of rockets. So now I summon lots of copters near the edge of the map and then a single rifleman who kites tanks into the copters' ranges. Whenever the rifleman dies I just summon another and keep going. I just hit level 18 by taking out a level 23 NPC base using that method to clear out the tanks and my usual 82 maxed out rifleman for everything else.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    duhh....why do you think riflemen are the lowest infantry unit!?
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    @frank: duhh....why do you think riflemen are the lowest infantry unit!?
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game