rayden
Incursion Leader
Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,331
great hull  just crawls thru ice fields and some gateways
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,761

Perhaps because that wasn't really their intended use?
    Have you got a special fitted to help offset cryo/slow effects?

I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 427
    This is a glitch with all of the T8 conqueror hulls and replica targets. They all get slowed to a crawl when entering a slowing field such as the undersea web. Apparently having tactical field resistance helps deal with the issue.
    Started in 2011, sector 19.
  • jon pirate
    jon pirate
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 577
    This is a glitch with all of the T8 conqueror hulls and replica targets. They all get slowed to a crawl when entering a slowing field such as the undersea web. Apparently having tactical field resistance helps deal with the issue.
    I have tac field resistance dose nothing to help just one more thing that don't cost kix so they don't fix it 
  • Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 396

Perhaps because that wasn't really their intended use?

Shh... talk like that could get the hull nerfed.
    Then the people who dropped big coin to buy and build fleet of 5 during bounty will cry.

Breacher was feeling the effect too.
    • 99% stun resistance
    • 81% slow resistance
    • 75% tac field resistance
    first it slows down... then it gets stunned

"a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord

@Alexa the BAE said:
    (Quote)
    Shh... talk like that could get the hull nerfed.
    Then the people who dropped big coin to buy and build fleet of 5 during bounty will cry.(Quote)
    Breacher was feeling the effect too.* 99% stun resistance

• 81% slow resistance
    • 75% tac field resistance

first it slows down... then it gets stunned

My bad, we don't need crybabies here..

I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,685
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane said: Perhaps because that wasn't really their intended use?
    What is their intended use?

• wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,352
    to take fire away from basilisk so the basilisk can do its job from outside the base
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • sir sinks alot
    sir sinks alot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 599
    Last bounty my dreads actually timed out trying to get through a replica with 3 sub portals ...All the turrets were dead i just needed the outpost ..timed out ..went back in took 5 minutes to reach the op ...was painful to watch ..needless to say i will be refitting them ..... :D
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    to take fire away from basilisk so the basilisk can do its job from outside the base

• SixOfNine
    SixOfNine
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 463
    I have to admit the slowing effect was really annoying in replica bases.   Often timed out in them.   just wish I'd had put in a ticket to see if I could get any coin out of the extra damage taken because of it ... next time ;)
  • Kim William Harnagel
    Kim William Harnagel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 291
    wasnt just in the fields,it affected all ships regardless of where they were on the battle map-could be clear across the other side of the base and came to a slow crawl.definatly a bug kix needs to fix asap
  • gus.hovey
    gus.hovey
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 232
    its nice to see the stun and slow affect working in bases as it was intended  , about time kix had fixed it as they werent working very well before  ,,  :)
  • kixeyeuser_1412456758896_100005772467494
    kixeyeuser_1412456758896_100005772467494
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 186
    I noticed that the slowing fields remained even after the targets they were eqiped to were destroyed. I never used the undersea web but was wondering if the slowing effect remained even after the portal is destroyed as it did in the replica basses. 
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    What was creating the Ice Fields in the Replica Bases?

I want to put some of them in my base.

• novartis
    novartis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 145
    What was creating the Ice Fields in the Replica Bases?

I want to put some of them in my base.
    That's the Cyro Adder turret, other than the oldie, near useless glacial launcher(except i could dramatically increase the projectile speed)
    In the end, it just down into maths, pure maths. We just don't really know how their math works.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    novartis said:
    TomBrooklyn said:  What was creating the Ice Fields in the Replica Bases?   I want to put some of them in my base.
    That's the Cyro Adder turret, other than the oldie, near useless glacial launcher(except i could dramatically increase the projectile speed)
    How well does it work in our bases?   

I'm guessing not nearly as well as in Kixeye's targets in the recent event; but are they worth putting in? 

• Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    novartis said:
    TomBrooklyn said:  What was creating the Ice Fields in the Replica Bases?   I want to put some of them in my base.
    How well does it work in our bases?   

I'm guessing not nearly as well as in Kixeye's targets in the recent event; but are they worth putting in? 
    The T7 Cryo Strike Adder definitely worth putting in