Base Defense Platoon.

mike.foreman.528
mike.foreman.528
Greenhorn
Joined Apr 2019 Posts: 2
edited 15 Apr 2019, 6:41PM
If kixeye wants to make infamy more challenging and to reduce 69'ing they should make the base defense platoon a separate item in the platoon category much like the PVP and Raid platoons.   I currently don't defend my base because I would rather concentrate on repairing the platoons I need to obtain tokens and gather resources for all of the upgrades.   I would love if Defense platoon repaired simultaneously with my normal platoons, this would allow me to defend my base and the developers wouldn't have to worry so much about upgrading platforms and other defensive capabilities.   Adding the PVP platoons made it more fun to attack, now add a defensive platoon so it will be more fun to defend and not just 69.
  • WISHYOUWOULD
    WISHYOUWOULD
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,087
    This is a great idea. Have seen a few in the last week commenting about it being a PVP toon. i have to agree there so at the very least it should repair 50% faster than it does. how did that one slip by the forums so long? it is clearly a pvp toon.
    "Okay,now let's try to get an answer from someone who isnt a complete  r.etard"-Mr Garrison
  • chinapig
    chinapig
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,510
    edited 16 Apr 2019, 12:51AM
    Hmmm well if it's a pvp toon then it would be in the pvp tab, meaning you could not repair base toon and fighting toon at same time. Careful what you wish for... If you pvp then you are more likely to get hit - therefore you would be more likely to be in a position where you need to repair PVP toon and base toon at the same time - as opposed to  PVE toon and base toon. If you don't pvp then there is no urgency to repair base toon as you just sit out the bubble.
    Of course a further reduction in repair time would be nice, all I'm saying is using the argument that it is a "pvp" toon to justify the reason for a reduction might come back to bite you on the a-s-s.

• insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 1,015
    chinapig said:
    Hmmm well if it's a pvp toon then it would be in the pvp tab, meaning you could not repair base toon and fighting toon at same time. Careful what you wish for... If you pvp then you are more likely to get hit - therefore you would be more likely to be in a position where you need to repair PVP toon and base toon at the same time - as opposed to  PVE toon and base toon. If you don't pvp then there is no urgency to repair base toon as you just sit out the bubble.
    Of course a further reduction in repair time would be nice, all I'm saying is using the argument that it is a "pvp" toon to justify the reason for a reduction might come back to bite you on the a-s-s.

Yes we must always be careful what you wish for with this game thats for sure.That is one thing ill say in the game that is consistent.
  • mike.foreman.528
    mike.foreman.528
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2019 Posts: 2
    Ideally I would like to see the base defense platoon as its own category IE:   STANDARD; PvP; Raiding Parties; DEFENSE.
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,700
    edited 16 Apr 2019, 6:14PM

Yes we must always be careful what you wish for with this game thats for sure.That is one thing ill say in the game that is consistent.
    this is very true

if our base units would repair automatically at the end of each attack, then all rogue and event bases would do the same, it would put an end to 'picking off' a rogue base with the 'end attack' strat

see inside, we Can agree on things

/highfive

But, it would be nice if the base defense acted more like a PVP platoon, since most of the time is is a PVP platoon