Shepherd Unit

kixeyeuser_934327141_23824_1379159
Potential Threat
Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 88
edited 16 Mar 2019, 5:01AM
I saw a post thanking Kixeye team for the Boss base balance and I agree. What I want to talk about is the overall strategy of the Shepherd. Just imagine for a moment if you would a base full of Lancers, Sharpshooters, Cerberus, Technicals, etc. How long would it take for those units once turned to destroy the hosts base? I imagine the 3 stars would come pretty swift. I remember when the Herald was released and how long it took for players to catch up with it. The herald was a monster for quite some time. Now we have the Shepherd which in my opinion will be far worse than the Herald was in its' glory days. Even if Kix was forced to nerf the unit, how could they without nerfing its' health and/or its' range? They couldn't nerf all other units to reduce Turncoat status damage. The nerfing would have to be done to the unit itself. This post is not an accusation aimed at Kix. It is only intended as a heads up for what is to come.
  • Daryl_L1
    Daryl_L1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 207
    I saw a post thanking Kixeye team for the Boss base balance and I agree. What I want to talk about is the overall strategy of the Shepherd. Just imagine for a moment if you would a base full of Lancers, kraken, Judge, etc. How long would it take for those units once turned to destroy the hosts base? I imagine the 3 stars would come pretty swift. I remember when the Herald was released and how long it took for players to catch up with it. The herald was a monster for quite some time. Now we have the Shepherd which in my opinion will be far worse than the Herald was in its' glory days. Even if Kix was forced to nerf the unit, how could they without nerfing its' health and/or its' range? They couldn't nerf all other units to reduce Turncoat status damage. The nerfing would have to be done to the unit itself. This post is not an accusation aimed at Kix. It is only intended as a heads up for what is to come.
    Units that become affected by the turncoat effect transfer whatever damage they receive back to the host unit according to the boss base briefing
  • kixeyeuser_934327141_23824_1379159
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 88
    I realize that and I also need to edit my post. I forgot about Kraken and Judge being uniques. They should be entirely immune to the negative status effect of Turncoat status.
  • Gudari43
    Gudari43
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,071
    Perhaps Kixeye will release a turret and/or workshop tech that will shield units from turncoat status.
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 148

The transfer damage part is exclusive to the boss and ours won’t have it also if the boss easily dies to hades (based on me completing 6 bases in 30 minutes using hades as AA) then having hades or even technicals should be enough and as long as they are dodging the shepherd’s projectiles they will be fine

War isn't won by having the latest tech, but by using what you have in ways you haven't used them before
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 850
    Gudari43 said:
    Perhaps Kixeye will release a turret and/or workshop tech that will shield units from turncoat status.

Oh im sure after they introduce the shepard, soon after there will be a nice counter to it,What,thats a good question but there will be,there always has been with all new powerful units.
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 4,236
    edited 16 Mar 2019, 7:03PM
    keep in mind that the survivor's defensive unique is a dedicated anti air making it perfectly capable of targeting the shepherd.
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,617
    I also do not think our Shepard will shoot multiple shots over such a large area as the Boss did ..... but I am just guessing, and will know in about 3 weeks
  • Manbitesdog
    Manbitesdog
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 95
    Adel-Tech said:

The transfer damage part is exclusive to the boss and ours won’t have it

I thought it was opposite where the Boss has little to no transfer damage but ours will have nothing but transfer and AA damage?
  • ED1204023
    ED1204023
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2018 Posts: 163
    nametagg0 said:
    keep in mind that the survivor's defensive unique is a dedicated anti air making it perfectly capable of targeting the shepherd.
    storm chaser said whos is the next defence unique type?

• Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 148

@Manbitesdog said:
    Adel-Tech said:

The transfer damage part is exclusive to the boss and ours won’t have it

I thought it was opposite where the Boss has little to no transfer damage but ours will have nothing but transfer and AA damage?

The boss has a weakness but better stats than our version but our version sacrifices better stats for not having the weakness the boss has but that doesn’t rule out the possibility that this shepherd we are seeing in the boss base will be the one we get except it won’t have the range it has now

War isn't won by having the latest tech, but by using what you have in ways you haven't used them before
  • Habib39
    Habib39
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 37

What do you lot think the spec are for thr shepard? I would say 550 range.. 100m health... 1m dps

• FBHO
    FBHO
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,814
    Daryl_L1 said:
    I saw a post thanking Kixeye team for the Boss base balance and I agree. What I want to talk about is the overall strategy of the Shepherd. Just imagine for a moment if you would a base full of Lancers, kraken, Judge, etc. How long would it take for those units once turned to destroy the hosts base? I imagine the 3 stars would come pretty swift. I remember when the Herald was released and how long it took for players to catch up with it. The herald was a monster for quite some time. Now we have the Shepherd which in my opinion will be far worse than the Herald was in its' glory days. Even if Kix was forced to nerf the unit, how could they without nerfing its' health and/or its' range? They couldn't nerf all other units to reduce Turncoat status damage. The nerfing would have to be done to the unit itself. This post is not an accusation aimed at Kix. It is only intended as a heads up for what is to come.
    Units that become affected by the turncoat effect transfer whatever damage they receive back to the host unit according to the boss base briefing
    If that's the case it will be junk. 
  • FBHO
    FBHO
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,814
    I also do not think our Shepard will shoot multiple shots over such a large area as the Boss did ..... but I am just guessing, and will know in about 3 weeks
    Ours probably gets more missiles when upgraded to Elite/Omega & when workshopped.
    The regular version probably has a very slow fire rate & fire amount.
  • steve_81
    steve_81
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 534
    my question on this is isnt it way to strong. we currently have only 2 units that can hit high this unit thats hades and technicals. based on how many technicals at max level its taking me to kill this unit and how long its taking ( longer then 7 mins) how is anyone suppose to defend there base?

it will simply be missiles/raptor the 4 hunters then put shepard in and its a flat, if you want to take less damage u could another unit unit to kill some of the technicals.

if a player doesnt have a full base toon of technicals there is 0 chance to kill it so dont even need to worry about turncoating units
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:

• captainhh
    captainhh
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 23
    To be honest the fact that you can use 6-7 Cerberus and turncoat them and then kill them was not very smart of Kixeye, I wonder if they will change that in future Shepard's drops, I certainly hope our version does not have the same option
  • mike.hellyer.52
    mike.hellyer.52
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 99
    elite shepherd parts not showing in hanger so we got no way of tracking how many we need.  kix needs to fix
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Strike-force Captain
    As usual our version of new units is never what we go up against in the boss bases.Not getting my hopes up.
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Strike-force Captain
    elite shepherd parts not showing in hanger so we got no way of tracking how many we need.  kix needs to fix
    Just keep track of them yourself,but if there is a problem with the count,theres probably no way of getting the missing parts back.
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Strike-force Captain
    steve_81 said:
    my question on this is isnt it way to strong. we currently have only 2 units that can hit high this unit thats hades and technicals. based on how many technicals at max level its taking me to kill this unit and how long its taking ( longer then 7 mins) how is anyone suppose to defend there base?

it will simply be missiles/raptor the 4 hunters then put shepard in and its a flat, if you want to take less damage u could another unit unit to kill some of the technicals.

if a player doesnt have a full base toon of technicals there is 0 chance to kill it so dont even need to worry about turncoating units
    Keep in mind that we are up against the kix version of the shepard.Ours will not be anything close to what they throw at us.
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 18 Mar 2019, 11:19AM
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:

And theres the counter to the shepard already lol.This game is so predictable.
  • ED1204023
    ED1204023
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2018 Posts: 163
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:

ok them i hope have mobile turret like tech

• nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    cyberhype said:
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:

And theres the counter to the shepard already lol.This game is so predictable.
    because its better to leave something without a counter so that one unit is effectively a "if i use X i win" card?

• give my account back
    give my account back
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 93
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:

ok fk  no herald flat anymore then .. and shepherd will be countered as soon as it goes live  so fk this game
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:

ok fk  no herald flat anymore then .. and shepherd will be countered as soon as it goes live  so fk this game
    to be fair the kraken and judge are deemed to be pretty bad so there isn't much of a guarantee that this will be super powerful