do you play to win or just to chill

johhnyD36
johhnyD36
Minor Nuisance
Joined May 2014 Posts: 160
Well the weekly shut down is upon us so i am bored. I used to play this game to try to be up there in the field of battle. But due to not being able to spend as much time and the constant farming needed to max everything. My tact in the game has changed completely. I still play to chill and have banter. But now from another perspective. I dont care if my base gets hit or my toons get killed. They all repair in time for my next log in. The only 2 things that do annoy me are the new time limit on hitting plats and the ability to retreat toons. Far to much bias against the attacker in a war game, It  now truly amazes me how serous this game is take by others. I am not saying that bad , each to their own. Having been on both sides of the fence i wondered if this game is life or relaxing to those who play it. It was nearly life to me but now is purely for chilling. Got to say for me the latter is much nicer all round
  • Lord of Cinder
    Lord of Cinder
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2019 Posts: 18
    I used to call in sick for sector battles, or on the days when thor would drop, lol.  now I just chill...
  • johhnyD36
    johhnyD36
    Minor Nuisance
    I used to call in sick for sector battles, or on the days when thor would drop, lol.  now I just chill...
    thats what i am talking about. I would think **** im out tonight and im going to miss my chance of some thor. Or wait until i have a few thors mining before i went out........... Crazy when you think about it
  • Powerful man
    Powerful man
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 16
    I just play to chill now, used to be in a clan and really wanted to excel and the game was fun even with the roaches. Then I left the game for about 2 years, after all the grinding was introduced could not sit and waste so much time. Decided to start playing again about four months ago only to find out I was so far behind regarding upgrades that there was no point in trying to catch up. So now I play just to chill and relax a bit by chatting to sector folk. Like you say johhnyD36, I don't care if my base is bubbled, I don't bother myself with the upgrades really, new toys etc...it is like watching the sun set...the sun will set and that is the way it is. It would be so great if the design team reviewed the game plan and strategy that the original programmers followed and introduced wayyyy back then, because back then it was a game...a VERY GOOD game. But the game is now asthmatic and it feels like running on a treadmill, there is movement but it is static-stagnant movement. It is a pity to see the degradation of this game, but then again it doesn't really bother me too much anyway.
  • johhnyD36
    johhnyD36
    Minor Nuisance
    I just play to chill now, used to be in a clan and really wanted to excel and the game was fun even with the roaches. Then I left the game for about 2 years, after all the grinding was introduced could not sit and waste so much time. Decided to start playing again about four months ago only to find out I was so far behind regarding upgrades that there was no point in trying to catch up. So now I play just to chill and relax a bit by chatting to sector folk. Like you say johhnyD36, I don't care if my base is bubbled, I don't bother myself with the upgrades really, new toys etc...it is like watching the sun set...the sun will set and that is the way it is. It would be so great if the design team reviewed the game plan and strategy that the original programmers followed and introduced wayyyy back then, because back then it was a game...a VERY GOOD game. But the game is now asthmatic and it feels like running on a treadmill, there is movement but it is static-stagnant movement. It is a pity to see the degradation of this game, but then again it doesn't really bother me too much anyway.
    very well put . Its quite funny when you play with no care about your base or your toons. Clearing a sector of heavy plats while people post how they have just flattened your dead base for no res or infamy lol
  • login here
    login here
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 80
    i agree its to scientific with all the tech its like its not even a war game anymore I have never gotten a unit fully upgraded before a new one comes out hell I probly still don't have one fully upg .its just a chill game with friends now

• COLECTIVO95
    COLECTIVO95
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 274
    smoke weed GIF                    
  • Essayon
    Essayon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,246
    Mostly I play to chill but I set goals for what I need. I rather enjoy looking at each new unit and deciding whether I need it or not. you don't need all the units, heroes, all the tech, all the newest building upgrades coined to be successful at this game. kix has designed in ways to do the game without having everything; having OPTIONS to choose from is immensely more fun for me than stressing to get everything maxed all the time. It's almost like kixeye designed it to be that way...…...weird, huh?
  • meemadd
    meemadd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,227
    admittedly after over 6 years of playing i have lost interest, i still TRY to keep up with base upgrades and shadow ops,the last few events i have barely played,its touigh to get behind the idea of grinding for 5 or 6 days once a month every month