Number of active players

Hey kixeye, when I started this game YEARS ago there were 98,000 players on at any give time. Now, there are roughly 30,000.....all these changes are driving players away. STOP ADDING CRAP that requires more money. people arent interested. 98,000 vs 30,000....get the hint??
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,220
    edited 24 Jan 2019, 4:07AM
    The "Players Online" number isn't an indication of how many people are playing the game. It is how many people are signed into the Kixeye site. Any sort of argument or opinion based on that number to describe the health of the game is flawed and based on misconstrued data. 

Back in the day when you saw 98k players online, there were also 3 other games that were being supported on the Kixeye site. Two of which could only be played exclusively from the Kixeye platform, and now neither of them are hosted here any longer. And one of the games has been straight up retired.
  • John Goddard
    John Goddard
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3
    The "Players Online" number isn't an indication of how many people are playing the game. It is how many people are signed into the Kixeye site. Any sort of argument or opinion based on that number to describe the health of the game is flawed and based on misconstrued data. 

Back in the day when you saw 98k players online, there were also 3 other games that were being supported on the Kixeye site. Two of which could only be played exclusively from the Kixeye platform, and now neither of them are hosted here any longer. And one of the games has been straight up retired.
    I wont slag the game off, but I have played since the very beginning, but now I have lost the will to play 7 days a week and put the cash in that is needed to keep up, but you are loosing players even if you dont wont to beleive it
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,220

I wont slag the game off, but I have played since the very beginning, but now I have lost the will to play 7 days a week and put the cash in that is needed to keep up, but you are loosing players even if you dont wont to beleive it
    Making a point on the misrepresentation of data leaves your argument fundamentally flawed regardless of if the argument itself is accurate. The point of my post was to provide the correct interpretation for the data being used for the foundation of this thread.
  • SWAT_SWAT
    SWAT_SWAT
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2
    i say there full of crap , 7 yrs ago it showed 3 million players down to 31k now ......your slowly killing battle pirates .......good job kixeye, good job not
  • The "Players Online" number isn't an indication of how many people are playing the game. It is how many people are signed into the Kixeye site. Any sort of argument or opinion based on that number to describe the health of the game is flawed and based on misconstrued data. 

Nice try at a save. Numbers dont lie. If the game and number of players is healthy, then why were there so many dead bases BEFORE you downsized the worlds??? Why did you down size the number of worlds??? Numbers dont lie. Nice try at a save, but nobodyis buying it.
  • SecondTime
    SecondTime
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 277
    this post is stupid needs to be closed! who cares how many people are on line playing unless your a investor what it to you !

• WAR-GAMES
    WAR-GAMES
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 430
    This game has died a lot i remember when i was a young player I had a lot of friends in game one by one players have stop playing Kixeye has been running players off for years. we had 500 sector and just 100 that should tell you something Mr Templae614. I really don't thank kixeye will be around in 4 years they can't seem to fix the lag this last bounty I has the worst lag i have ever had and as soon as bounty was over i had no lag i even took my computer to shop to have it checked out. the guy that was looking at computer even got on with his $4000 gaming machine and he had lag so I know it was the game it was all over the chat about how bad it was.
  • Jack-sparrow1
    Jack-sparrow1
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 18
    in my opinion the greatest cause of slowness in the game is all the graphics on the loading screen as when i 1st started playing this game back in mid 2011 there were no graphics or very few on the loading screen and game loaded pretty fast, now cos of all the useless unnecessary graphics on the loading screen the game takes ages to load now, and when the game crashes and your in a battle when it so often happens time is of the essence when your trying to get back into the game to save your fleet from dying  so get rid of all these useless crap graphics they are not needed and nobody wants them we would rather have the game load quicker like it used to
  • CuDa_NeT
    CuDa_NeT
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 22
    One doesn't need the KE meter to know there are few players here now, from 5 worlds with 100 sectors each to 100 sectors total, now packed like sardines with recycled players being bought with full fleets that players sticking it out bought, scratched and clawed to earn and build....nope no moral issues here....lack of value for the $$ we spend and that's only a couple of little things! Company sponsored lag during events could be a good reason, total ball breaker almost done clearing a target for the event for a decent blitz and boom shakalaka Mega Lag and your dead the timing is so perfect almost seems planned! Oh lets crank up the damage some more skippy...
    CuDa