Idea for raid start time and format

MalcolmR
MalcolmR
Potential Threat
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 34
I live in the US and like most players I could not care less what time or day of the week the raids start.  However, since so many US players felt slighted by the change to the start times, how about making raids like the FM, where it runs for a week and you can start it any time during that week you want, but once you start it you have 4 days (6 days for hull store raid) or less if you wait too long to begin.  That way each player can choose to start at the time that best fits their schedule and no one gets their panties twisted.

The second thing I would suggest is to make all raids relay based so you don't have so much clutter on the map and can leave the U, T, and Parts targets active.  That would stop players from wasting raid time searching the map for targets to hit.  Simply click relay, pick the target you want to hit and go.  In a perfect game world the locator would work correctly and not send you 3 sectors away for a target that you can find a drac base or 2 away if you look around, but BP is not a perfect game world.  On that I think we can all agree.

• Mors Pawlit
    Mors Pawlit
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 78
    making targets relay based stops prep, this is bad for players and kix as it reduces coining and stops players helping others.... Regarding the start time idea..... that MIGHT work.... but it would not work for the leader board contests
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,665
    MalcolmR said:
    I live in the US and like most players I could not care less what time or day of the week the raids start.  However, since so many US players felt slighted by the change to the start times, how about making raids like the FM, where it runs for a week and you can start it any time during that week you want, but once you start it you have 4 days (6 days for hull store raid) or less if you wait too long to begin.  That way each player can choose to start at the time that best fits their schedule and no one gets their panties twisted.

The second thing I would suggest is to make all raids relay based so you don't have so much clutter on the map and can leave the U, T, and Parts targets active.  That would stop players from wasting raid time searching the map for targets to hit.  Simply click relay, pick the target you want to hit and go.  In a perfect game world the locator would work correctly and not send you 3 sectors away for a target that you can find a drac base or 2 away if you look around, but BP is not a perfect game world.  On that I think we can all agree.
    This is the first decent idea. But I don't think it'll work. You would have raids become completely individualized, which could benefit some players, and yes, in your version map targets would remain and relocate - in theory - could still be available. However, I think you would lose the essence of what raids were intended to be. Raids have always been a social event that was meant to essentially force players - who typically play at different times - to make a point of being in the same place at the same time in a concentrated push for points. Granted with blitzing and heavy coiners, gone are the days where Sundays and Monday mornings were filled with alliances helping their members and nowadays most have finished the raid by Saturday. 
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
  • mark.matthews.94
    mark.matthews.94
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 796
    I live in the US and don't feel slighted at all when the raid starts. It was starting for me at 1200 PM on a Thursday which meant that I had to wait to get home from work to start - I would lose about 6 hours of the start of the raid - then it would end at 1200 on Monday _ I leave for work at 6AM - so I would loose the last 6 hours. Now it starts for me at 1700 - right when I get off work and ends on Sunday at 1700 - actually quite perfect for my time zone - which is CST. 

The one good thing about the times that they started in that past was,it gave Kix 6 hours to fix all of the kinks before I got off work. I always followed the forums seeing where we had bad lag - or ships will spin in certain targets - things like that. Now Im hitting it at the beginning. 
  • Brent Myers
    Brent Myers
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 178
    MalcolmR said:

Yes It's a good idea, So then KIX will not consider. The raids now start at 8pm for me and it gets me to think if their even worth my time and money. With the last raid content it hasn't been. Top teir targets changing every month, raid point completion being less it's getting not worth the time to log in and play. There hasn't been any real decent playable and doable content unless your a big spender, and we've all seen that's who they cater too.
  • MalcolmR
    MalcolmR
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 34
    making targets relay based stops prep, this is bad for players and kix as it reduces coining and stops players helping others.... Regarding the start time idea..... that MIGHT work.... but it would not work for the leader board contests
    You are right about that for sure.  Maybe make raids co-op as well.  1 player starts the target and parks out of range, friend joins in and preps the target and exits, and the 1st player finishes it off.  I did not even consider how my idea would affect the leader board contests.  That is not something I think about in raids as it is not attainable at my rate of play and pay.  lol  

• Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,098
    edited 20 Feb 2019, 5:37PM
    Not that I'm against it but if you go to relay based raids and players come out of the woodwork complaining they either
    a.) Can't prep targets for others
    b.) Can't get targets prepped for them.

As for the first idea, it seems to me you would have to then run the raid prize store like the FM store.  Again, players will make a federal case - this time about screwing up their redemptions.  Also, how long would sector threat and relocation be turned off in this type of format? At some point, those done with their raid would want to fill up on the resources.
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,665
    The thing to remember, players still have a choice when it comes to their raid start time. The start time is staggered, with Alpha starting 4 hours ahead of Epsilon - a smart player would line themselves up in a world that best suits their schedule. 
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
  • Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 885
    although my raid time now starts 18 hrs earlier I still don't think of it as a problem;   it just means I need to get ready 18 hrs earlier