basilisk here we go

rutroo
rutroo
Strike-force Captain
Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 772
so its going to have 135 mort and 134 missile range are you insane with no expanse of base print and no more land tiles
  • rutroo
    rutroo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 772
    edited 9 Feb 2019, 3:05AM
    You forgot to add the pen/exp range extenders.....it's more....

And when applied to the special mort it's 167....lol

P.S. We will get more land tiles (probably limited...25mil each....LOL) after sds7 gets them....for free......LMAO
    opps forgot those this will need to be fixed dont even have to go in channel
  • crimsonPERMassurance
    crimsonPERMassurance
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 215
    Question for a Mod I believe builtin counters don't receive benefits from specials will this mort be the same and only receive the range boost from the hull
  • XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 427
    edited 9 Feb 2019, 6:36AM
    Question for a Mod I believe builtin counters don't receive benefits from specials will this mort be the same and only receive the range boost from the hull
    Built in weapons benefit from specials and reload given from rank bonuses. They are also affected by rogue crews where applicable.
    Started in 2011, sector 19.
  • mosess777
    mosess777
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 263
    143m mortar for new baser???...
    even 7 lands not help.
    132m for missles?...
    tell kix to find real goos shrink...
    kix are a joke
  • mosess777
    mosess777
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 263
    to bring baser like that,kix need to give more lands to the bases.
    even its weak baser for armor,still crazy range.
    its mean kix need to bring new diffender same range.
    its mean we can scrapt all our base ships...
    its mean you need baser as diffender...
    its mean some 1 forgot to take his medicine...???
  • Moby Peck
    Moby Peck
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 19
    Before you get all bent out of shape, my guess is this boat will be set to equip tier 8 weapons only (only a guess).  Which means at this time there is no missile or mort in this tier.  When they do come out in the raid I'm betting you'll find that the overall base weapon range is shorter.  Bringing this boat in line with others

• Izzy Athome
    Izzy Athome
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 45

no where near a week to build and use, 24hrs between update and begining of raid. within a couple of hours of raid starting these new hulls will be on the map, and not just SDS7 members.

as for the range, well, panties are getting twisted over something that we have all dealt with in the past.
    Tank/spotter & remote targeting
  • Evil_Hawk
    Evil_Hawk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 102
    SDS777 said:
    143m mortar for new baser???...
    even 7 lands not help.
    132m for missles?...
    tell kix to find real goos shrink...
    kix are a joke
    SDS777 said:
    to bring baser like that,kix need to give more lands to the bases.
    even its weak baser for armor,still crazy range.
    its mean kix need to bring new diffender same range.
    its mean we can scrapt all our base ships...
    its mean you need baser as diffender...
    its mean some 1 forgot to take his medicine...???
    well said and to the point, sir !!
  • Balrog-NH
    Balrog-NH
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 466
    Moby Peck said:
    Before you get all bent out of shape, my guess is this boat will be set to equip tier 8 weapons only (only a guess).  Which means at this time there is no missile or mort in this tier.  When they do come out in the raid I'm betting you'll find that the overall base weapon range is shorter.  Bringing this boat in line with others

It has a built in mortar ......  
  • InSidious_66
    InSidious_66
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 555

no where near a week to build and use, 24hrs between update and begining of raid. within a couple of hours of raid starting these new hulls will be on the map, and not just SDS7 members.

as for the range, well, panties are getting twisted over something that we have all dealt with in the past.
    Tank/spotter & remote targeting
    Only those who coin it. And 24h is plenty of headstart for sds7 to flatten every1 completely unchallenged.

No we havent' This doesnt even need a spotter, which you first had to get in the base.
    This can just sit outside the base shooting morts....
    Live Long and Prosper
    - WitchKing (''Star Wars'' 1978)
  • HowHigh
    HowHigh
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 967
    They don't play the game so they simply are not aware this was an issue... way to keep them informed because they are not doing it themselves. 
    https://corp.kixeye.com/
    Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. You went full ****, man. Never go full ****. 
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,352
    yep its gonna kill the game, its not like we have subs or water born turrets for defence...
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • the_worst_shark
    the_worst_shark
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 45
    Moby Peck said:

I thought about this and I hope this is what will happen.
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,256
    edited 9 Feb 2019, 6:24PM
    yep its gonna kill the game, its not like we have subs or water born turrets for defence...
    How do you want to kill the Basilisks with Lurkers? The torps cant shoot through the outer rim from your base.
    I guess, you didn´t realize, that the Basilisks doesnt even have to enter the channel to kill the OP during the Bounty.
    All you need to get the Bounty from a base is 50% damage and a flat OP...to kill the centerisle will do the job.
    And the Basilisk can do that from the backyard from your base...he doesnt need to drive through your channel to face your defenderships,
    so he will also not come in range from the heavy t8 turretweapons, which are covering the channel.
    You would need 9 tiles space around your OP, to be safe...try a basedesign with that requirements. Good luck!
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Incursion Leader
    Yea....you ll killl something that has 167 range that can shoot from outside (8 squares) the base and can have 4 DNs covering it...with subs and water based turrets....

LMAO.......
    its no different to sloths in that regard, a lot of folks thought that would be a killer
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • InSidious_66
    InSidious_66
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 555
    Yea....you ll killl something that has 167 range that can shoot from outside (8 squares) the base and can have 4 DNs covering it...with subs and water based turrets....

LMAO.......
    its no different to sloths in that regard, a lot of folks thought that would be a killer
    Sloths needed a spoter to get in the base. This doesnt'. Completely different.
    Live Long and Prosper
    - WitchKing (''Star Wars'' 1978)
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,256

LMAO.......
    NOPE!

Sloths did need a spotter, which has to come IN RANGE from the defending stuff (turrets, defenderships).
    And the Sloths was paperships with some sort of stealth.

The Basilisk doesnt need any spotter...and he is a tank.
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 644
    Well if one feels they can't defend against them might as well try and build them and go hit bases and have fun that way...
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Incursion Leader

LMAO.......
    Sloths needed a spoter to get in the base. This doesnt'. Completely different.
    its no different. the range on the sloths had people claiming it would kill the game and it did not. we now have turrets with a range of 500. there is no need to claim it will be impossible to defend against. its simply not true. if you cant defend against them your probably not advanced enough in the game and there is nothing wrong with that