Coming back after a long break

IllllIl
IllllIl
Strike-force Captain
Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 727
edited 20 Oct 2018, 6:57PM
Hello guys,

I'm a Level 41 Player in this game and had been pretty inactive for the last 2-3(?) years. But I began playing this game again after seeing and being very happy that we can finally control units from the Go-Go Bar - which was something I really was looking for.

And yea, that's why I'd like to ask what you would recommend to me in order to close the gap between me and other players.
I do have Purifiers and Vindicators, but only 1x of each (and not even produced) because I just wanted to test them out in the Go-Go Bar. Plus they were pretty expensive in the Event Shop.

The units I mainly use are Night Owls (for farming Metal & Oil), Cyclones, the Standard Phantom, Kara (without her Daedalus Cannon  :'( ), some SF with Charged Ordnance and that's pretty much it. I'm currently upgrading Spartan ZK's just for the sake of doing it and because they seem to be pretty effective units.

Other than that, I'm upgrading my CC (to Level 10 now) and Metal & Oil Storages to get access to a Level 21 Go-Go Bar as soon as possible. But I know it can still take a long while to get there, still, it's worth it

Currently, I'm looking for regular Sandstorm, Juggernaut Bases (so neither the Elite nor the Omega variant), later for Elite Phantom and Omega Titan Bases.
I'm planning to do the Juggernaut Base first, since it's the most important, right ? I think about using four Level 11 Peacekeepers to weaken the defenses and the clean up with Cyclones / Night Owls and SF

What are you doing to beat those bases? Or what would you do if you had the same equipment as me ?

I'm really looking forward to your answers  :)

(PS: About Elite and Omega: Do I for example first have to upgrade my Phantom to Level 20 before being able to get Elite Phantom Parts, or can I directly do those Bases and skip the remaining upgrade levels ? If it's the latter, could I potentially get the Omega Variant by skipping the Elite one ?)
:)
  • Fawad Khan35
    Fawad Khan35
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 10

Bro come in 160 and join tfh
    We will help you

• kixeyeuser_1358597397911_16738_1322420596
    kixeyeuser_1358597397911_16738_1322420596
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 36
    Come to sector 134 and ask for Rescu/TDS, we'll answer all your questions and help you  :)
  • reyismujafi
    reyismujafi
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 248
    edited 21 Oct 2018, 8:39AM
    IllllIl said:
    Hello guys,

I'm a Level 41 Player in this game and had been pretty inactive for the last 2-3(?) years. But I began playing this game again after seeing and being very happy that we can finally control units from the Go-Go Bar - which was something I really was looking for.

And yea, that's why I'd like to ask what you would recommend to me in order to close the gap between me and other players.
    I do have Purifiers and Vindicators, but only 1x of each (and not even produced) because I just wanted to test them out in the Go-Go Bar. Plus they were pretty expensive in the Event Shop.

The units I mainly use are Night Owls (for farming Metal & Oil), Cyclones, the Standard Phantom, Kara (without her Daedalus Cannon  :'( ), some SF with Charged Ordnance and that's pretty much it. I'm currently upgrading Spartan ZK's just for the sake of doing it and because they seem to be pretty effective units.

Other than that, I'm upgrading my CC (to Level 10 now) and Metal & Oil Storages to get access to a Level 21 Go-Go Bar as soon as possible. But I know it can still take a long while to get there, still, it's worth it

Currently, I'm looking for regular Sandstorm, Juggernaut Bases (so neither the Elite nor the Omega variant), later for Elite Phantom and Omega Titan Bases.
    I'm planning to do the Juggernaut Base first, since it's the most important, right ? I think about using four Level 11 Peacekeepers to weaken the defenses and the clean up with Cyclones / Night Owls and SF

What are you doing to beat those bases? Or what would you do if you had the same equipment as me ?

(PS: About Elite and Omega: Do I for example first have to upgrade my Phantom to Level 20 before being able to get Elite Phantom Parts, or can I directly do those Bases and skip the remaining upgrade levels ? If it's the latter, could I potentially get the Omega Variant by skipping the Elite one ?)
    Welcome back bro :) i'm just returned as you did, only 2 month now. Seems you got warm welcome already, you should take it, they will surely help you. But for starter, at least i can share my opinion.... event is coming soon so yeah you should buy something that will boost your progress. 

1st. you need the multifunction unit that i suggest you get ENVOY as soon as possible. 5 at least could be more, for ilustration, this unit is like HELLSTORM but much much better.... as old player you should know how useful hellstorm was either on PVE nor PVP

2nd. Get cerberus, be4 event there gonna be the corpus daily bases , and those cerberus is among them, 1 max every event (weekly event not monthly event) . This one is one of the best "tank" (not vehicle, but tanking role), i assure you. Since the new AI with threat system (they call it priorities, you should read on this forum the discussion, kix done ALOT of thing on WC bro :) )

3rd. Get LIBERATORS as much as possible, there should be many base contain this unit around the map every day, you can ask people to help you. This guy is the best inside bunker. But dont take it from xp on event, you better farm them on the world map, they're everywhere everyday

4th. Be cool about unique dont be too hasty, if you have friend that can help you hit the original base, you're lucky since they spawn daily every month. The unique you should priorities, 
        a. Herald  : useful unit with its high altitude properties, esp for PVE
        b. Siege squadron : this one is you can call summoner type on this game, its useful as trump card with proper planning.
     About juggernout its up to you, since without darkstorm this tank a bit difficult to apply, though can be combined with cerberus BUT its low HP and LONG repair time will surprise you if you fail to use it.

Dont spend all you xp on event, only take some of you need from event and the rest can be taken from daily base on the following month (outside event), you should be grateful, War commander is not dull anymore, other than event, every week so many activities canbe done to empower and catching up for players. Check event callendar on the forum General Dicussion about this weekly event, it can give you some unit outside event...

Those at least i can tell you.... welcome back and good luck Commander !!! :)
  • bacon111
    bacon111
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 8
    envoy good air will help u upgrade and try to get jug or darkstorm, come to 72 lids will help u

• WISHYOUWOULD
    WISHYOUWOULD
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,041
    edited 22 Oct 2018, 3:12AM
    im in the same boat. lvl 41 player who took 3 years off. i started playing again about 3 months ago.im just trying to learn what works and  what wont. i got my **** kicked by a lvl 36 right out the gate  so i holed up in a sector until i can actually pose a threat. i can now defend my base from a lvl 36.lol
    "Okay,now let's try to get an answer from someone who isnt a complete  r.etard"-Mr Garrison
  • IllllIl
    IllllIl
    Strike-force Captain
    Thank you all for your answers, I will keep those in my mind. 
    I just have a question: Is the XP Bug still in the game ? I mean, ok, I have seen that the Vanquisher Shields are still broken lol, but unfortunately I've upgraded my CC to 10 and received no XP ? And that because I wasn't active when the upgrade happened ?

Not being able to level up properly was one of the reasons of why I had quit, and it still doesn't seem fixed  :/
  • reyismujafi
    reyismujafi
    Minor Nuisance
    IllllIl said:
    I just have a question: Is the XP Bug still in the game ? I mean, ok, I have seen that the Vanquisher Shields are still broken lol, but unfortunately I've upgraded my CC to 10 and received no XP ? And that because I wasn't active when the upgrade happened ?

Not being able to level up properly was one of the reasons of why I had quit, and it still doesn't seem fixed  :/
    1. Yes, vanquisher shield seems not working properly, in some cases they activate right after you enter battle and maybe other issues, BUT, dont rely on them anymore. Since Special Force come, vanquisher shield become useless, SF bullet shoot through it, it only useful on the early low lvl player, the vanquisher is a relic of the past, they even put it on the LEGACY unit. 
     2. About lvl and experience, i dunno if they're still broken though  i not really bothered by them because the lvl only affect you when you're low lvl (to unlock certain unit and building). As far as i know lvl increase by upgrading buildings... or in other word, it determine how well upgrade your base is. I heard doin some pvp give you exp but as far as i feel (esp after Warpath event that make me do PvP ALOT) seems PvP wont give any considerable amount of XP. So dont bother about lvl, lvl restriction +/- 5 lvl  seems already not implemented anymore. You can get infamy from wider range of lvl base , and the amount  you gain depend on the difference infamy between you and the opponent.
    3. Oh yes, i forgot to mention about Juggernaut base you asked be4, Using missile is not really a good idea EXEPT using untargetable missile (such as Maverick, bullseye, etc) that really costly. Using ordinary missile such as peacekeeper is useless as long as the Tempest still there, they're workshopped to the anti missile upgrade . The easiest way in my opinion to get the base is using envoy to destroy most of the base, unit and anti missile defense except Hunter missile turret. If you cant implemen the splash damage method on the hunter missile turret, just clear the anti missile then hit them with peacekeeper or shock missile (if its on the groound). Againts the tempest, you can kite them using envoy...
  • WISHYOUWOULD
    WISHYOUWOULD
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,041
    I believe they turned off XP ever since the added master loot to the gear store. people were abusing it to level up. i upgraded lvl 13 and 14 CC and got nada for it. once youre above lvl 40 who really cares though. i
    "Okay,now let's try to get an answer from someone who isnt a complete  r.etard"-Mr Garrison
  • IllllIl
    IllllIl
    Strike-force Captain
    IllllIl said:

1. Yes, vanquisher shield seems not working properly, in some cases they activate right after you enter battle and maybe other issues, BUT, dont rely on them anymore. Since Special Force come, vanquisher shield become useless, SF bullet shoot through it, it only useful on the early low lvl player, the vanquisher is a relic of the past, they even put it on the LEGACY unit. 
     2. About lvl and experience, i dunno if they're still broken though  i not really bothered by them because the lvl only affect you when you're low lvl (to unlock certain unit and building). As far as i know lvl increase by upgrading buildings... or in other word, it determine how well upgrade your base is. I heard doin some pvp give you exp but as far as i feel (esp after Warpath event that make me do PvP ALOT) seems PvP wont give any considerable amount of XP. So dont bother about lvl, lvl restriction +/- 5 lvl  seems already not implemented anymore. You can get infamy from wider range of lvl base , and the amount  you gain depend on the difference infamy between you and the opponent.
    3. Oh yes, i forgot to mention about Juggernaut base you asked be4, Using missile is not really a good idea EXEPT using untargetable missile (such as Maverick, bullseye, etc) that really costly. Using ordinary missile such as peacekeeper is useless as long as the Tempest still there, they're workshopped to the anti missile upgrade . The easiest way in my opinion to get the base is using envoy to destroy most of the base, unit and anti missile defense except Hunter missile turret. If you cant implemen the splash damage method on the hunter missile turret, just clear the anti missile then hit them with peacekeeper or shock missile (if its on the groound). Againts the tempest, you can kite them using envoy...
    Yea, it was quite shocking to see maxed Peacekeepers getting easily destroyed by Tempests lol. So the next time I used two Level 4 Bullseyes to destroy the Radio Towers. The first one was fine, but the second one survived with 1/3 Health  :/
    So I need to upgrade my Bullseyes to Level 5 because then I also get 3 Missiles instead of 1

I believe they turned off XP ever since the added master loot to the gear store. people were abusing it to level up. i upgraded lvl 13 and 14 CC and got nada for it. once youre above lvl 40 who really cares though. i
    I wouldn't mind that too much, but the thing is that I could potentially get called a cheater if I had all buildings maxed and still was Level 41; it just doesn't seem to be too legit.
    Plus it was better when the blue bar could be seen in the Level Interface. No idea why they removed that
  • GlasgowBilly
    GlasgowBilly
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 90
    IllllIl said:
    Hello guys,

I played this game for years too and then quit.  As much as I would like to play it again it's impossible after a few years away from it.  Every single unit you have will be obsolete and your base will require about a year of upgrade time.  You'll constantly need help with everything since your units wont be capable of PvE or PvP.  Unless you're willing to dump a lot of time (several months) and money in to this trying to catch up I wouldn't bother.  
  • kixeyeuser_681998113_7067_4339866
    kixeyeuser_681998113_7067_4339866
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 16
    need juggernunt herald technical blackout phalanx these are until i use most when i left game come back i was gone over years those sf throw them way they suck i know when i come back all i had think god got good friend help me back on my feet
  • IllllIl
    IllllIl
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 1 Nov 2018, 12:20PM
    It was a quite good Event for me. I listened to your advice and unlocked the Envoy, Sharpshooter, Breacher and some Tech in the Event Shop. I hope you did well in the Event, too

Now I see that Envoys are pretty expensive (40 mil thorium), so I decided to do VK80 Bases. It went quite well, the Buildings were no Problem with Deena and 2 Cyclones; my Javelins helped me with the Floating Platforms.

One question: Is it normal that Javelins now get 20% Range against floating Buildings ? Because earlier it wasn't like that, but now I can even outrange maxed Turrets (my 750 Range vs. the 700 Turret Range). It's quite cool if this is an intended perk for older players, if it's a bug and gets fixed... then not so much. I'd like to keep it as it is now  :)

However, although the buildings in the VK80 were no problem at all, I struggled with the units in there... Is there a way to safely kill those Units there ? I thought about using Sheila with her BARZ Assault Rifle, so she can concuss the units, but they come in packs ?

How do you kill those units ? What works against them ? If there wasn't the timer I could have done it, but with a time limit it's hard
  • reyismujafi
    reyismujafi
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 2 Nov 2018, 8:14AM
    IllllIl said:
    It was a quite good Event for me. I listened to your advice and unlocked the Envoy, Sharpshooter, Breacher and some Tech in the Event Shop. I hope you did well in the Event, too

Now I see that Envoys are pretty expensive (40 mil thorium), so I decided to do VK80 Bases. It went quite well, the Buildings were no Problem with Deena and 2 Cyclones; my Javelins helped me with the Floating Platforms.

One question: Is it normal that Javelins now get 20% Range against floating Buildings ? Because earlier it wasn't like that, but now I can even outrange maxed Turrets (my 750 Range vs. the 700 Turret Range). It's quite cool if this is an intended perk for older players, if it's a bug and gets fixed... then not so much. I'd like to keep it as it is now  :)

However, although the buildings in the VK80 were no problem at all, I struggled with the units in there... Is there a way to safely kill those Units there ? I thought about using Sheila with her BARZ Assault Rifle, so she can concuss the units, but they come in packs ?

How do you kill those units ? What works against them ? If there wasn't the timer I could have done it, but with a time limit it's hard
    Good to hear that you do a good progress on coming back , hope you will be even better in the future.  As you said you aim on VK80 indeed show that you're veteran player, and i think you'll be able to catch up in no time.   About Javelin, YES, its very useful even in the time all of his "brother" unit already put in museum as "Legacy"  .... i hasnt analyze the unit yet, but you're correct javelin almost outrange every airborne turret in the game, if its bonus 20 % idk (though i heard about that extra range to air unit from anti air unit when i first play WC), but it outrange even the hades (even the fact on wiki doesnt mention 20 % extra ranget)., Although its useful , you should becareful to its low HP and long repair time, so in this case i prefer hades more (though i still keep 3 of javelin on my siege engine platoon).

Those unit inside verkraft thorium base is unique only for them. They just take the skin from SF unit (Commando and operators) and the tank took Warhorse skin. They're very durable, and moderate to low damage.
    For me, if i should face the infantry, i prefer tank it with envoy and for land unit, i use cerberus to direct their damage to the drone or  purifiers with the plate upgrade.
    As for the tank, it very durable for sure. You can use Charged Ordnance SF to lock em good, or just hit it from air, although its look like warhorse it cant hit air.
    Concusion should work here, because i used Oren Hero with concusion upgrade and it stun the infantry.
    Tactic to safely kill those defender is to lure them out. The infantry that shoot land is very short in range and the bazooka only shoot air, you can lure them using long range unit then put tanking unit in front to lure their shot then finish them off, since the fastest unit here is the infantry. as for the tank you can use electric to stun them. If you want to use concusion, how if you give grenade launcher add on ex. M4GX Grenade Launcher (not the limited number) to Sheila combined with her BARZ Assault Rifle since the concusion effect is added to the AoE (it was working like that, dunno now cuz mostly i only using envoy or new generation unit now)

The best tactic for V80 so far in my opinion is combination of unit and missile (peacekeeper and shock missile). Using envoy for air combinned with Fury (to kill the helicopter if they're there) or for land unit, cerberus combined with Vindicator with 200 % vehicle damage upgrade (I'm not mentioning darkstorm cuz i dont have it :P )  and since they have mines inside you should be careful. Juggernout i'm not really like to use here since there're mine and the base is so wide and those **** long range burning unit that can cause my jugger to hurt alot. IF you want to use jugger, combine it with Caretaker or tanker unit such as purifier or cerberus.

I dont suggest using big party of SF since they have one more unit that very annoying to large parties, its the "Looks like" Nightmare that shoot incindeary Rocket that burn the ground, and always put deep inside their defence line and have very long range...

If you want to fast thorium, you can try v65 using jugger and cerberus or purifier as tank.
  • IllllIl
    IllllIl
    Strike-force Captain
    Yea, the problem is that I still don't have units like Cerberus etc. I thought that I'm going to use my Expert Dante (that I received due to long inactivity) against the standard Operators and Sheila paired with a Charged Ordnance SF against the Commandos and Vehicles - that might work

I found out that VK50's are also a good alternative. I just didn't want to do them because I thought they still give 2 Million Thorium, but apparently it's 5 Million now !  :#
    Because I would rather have done VK40's for 1m Thorium or just the Daily Missions.

After building my Envoy I'd build a Sharpshooter and turn him into a Ground Unit Cyclone (with Stealth). Then I would do the Elite Hydra Bases (since they're the easiest for me and I already have 3/8 Parts) and the Juggernaut Base. Now I'm ready for that, too, since I now have Level 5 Bullseyes and can downright wreck those Radio Towers. And once the Radio Towers are gone, the base is toast  ;)
  • Cameron_S246
    Cameron_S246
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 18
    am in the same boat, come back after 2 years off.  Going to take a while to get back to where I was, but will get there
  • IllllIl
    IllllIl
    Strike-force Captain
    I was also thinking about getting the Sandstorm, as I had done lots of those Sandstorm Bases back then. However, I have gotten pretty much every Tech and War Paint of it, but no unit.
    I've been looking for Sandstorm Bases on the World Map for a while, but so far there are only the Elite and Omega Sandstorm Bases.  So can I just do the Elite Base and get the regular one that way, or is there no way to get the regular unit any more ?  :/
  • GoFrogs
    GoFrogs
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 9
    I just started back last week after about 3 to 4 years not playing, friend of mine also came back. someone told him he needs escorts but I can't find a way in. All the videos I watch show the Herald and other units I don't have. any tips would be great. I have built some Envoys and Libs. and are upgrading them. any tips would be appreciated (am I going in the right direction?)
  • Bigbossman11
    Bigbossman11
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 131
    IllllIl said:
    Hello guys,

Send me a message and I will help you
  • kixeyeuser_291845605_31247_6428972
    kixeyeuser_291845605_31247_6428972
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 4
    jug, phals(3 will get you started doing 50 thoriums) dont waste time on titan,or sandstorm go for a blackout, one of those will start getting you res with no damage. As far as infantry, try to get the latest of everything, but in this case some liberators are very helpful, and no need for spartans or acolytes. Get escorts as you can and as many as you can.phantom is handy in some instances but is very time consuming for build and UG, i wouldnt bother with it, but if you choose to , you have to UG it to be able to use tech specified for that. you can still gather parts and tech but will have to go through the whole process.
    Hope that helps getting a start...gather as many medals as you can so you can buy stuff out of the gear store...even a few at a time is helpful when you're trying to get started.
  • GoFrogs
    GoFrogs
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 9
    I have 4 phals and a few technicals and have libs that I am upgrading. Have not been able to get any escorts yet. coming back after being gon for so long most all of my **** was legacy with a few uniques. I have been able to do some 50 and 65 thoriums with a couple of hour repairs between.
  • DamageINC7
    DamageINC7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 34
    Brother: focus on upgrading thorium and resource deposits in order to be able to build Liberators and with them hit the Thorium bases that yield 5 mil. With this you will advance quite rapidly, and keep going till you get the phalanx and the newest units: the escorts are very good. Forget about the omega versions of the legacy units, they are not worth the time and effort. Come to us at SECTOR 62, we are ELITE SEALS. We have experience handling accounts that have been off game for a long while, and also quite  a lot of strong players.
    can i get uhhhhhhhhh