Lucanidae Turret specials

CaptainArrrr
CaptainArrrr
Potential Threat
Joined May 2012 Posts: 97
sorry if this is a repeat, did |I read the specials work even though they don't show on the stats?
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179

@CaptainArrrr said:
    sorry if this is a repeat, did |I read the specials work even though they don't show on the stats?

The Special with it in the FM works. That is why it was included. Not sure what else would. I would like to know as well.

There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • halo8381
    halo8381
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 83
    why give out tokens if you have to base parts 1st, before you can use the tokens. i think we should have the option to use base parts or tokens
  • Lea Devize
    Lea Devize
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 266

@CaptainArrrr said:

The Special with it in the FM works. That is why it was included. Not sure what else would. I would like to know as well.

I believe the Concussive Belt and the Expanded Concussive Charge works with it.  Don't know for sure as Kix keeps changing things lol.
  • Capt. Phantom
    Capt. Phantom
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 79
    Not too sure myself if specials that boosts damage and reload seems to work for the lycanidae UAV, however the transformer seems to be the only way of boosting damage and specials that boost projectile speed, has anyone tested these turrets yet? just curious...
    Related image
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

@Capt. Phantom said:
    Not too sure myself if specials that boosts damage and reload seems to work for the lycanidae UAV, however the transformer seems to be the only way of boosting damage and specials that boost projectile speed, has anyone tested these turrets yet? just curious...

Well, that new Concussive Special supposedly is FOR it.

• SixOfNine
    SixOfNine
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 427
    edited 22 Jan 2019, 10:54PM
    Specials don't affect damage of UAV turret.  Instead use specials that boost defenses of turret.  Or best of all don't bother the turret does nothing anyway to new hulls.
  • Lea Devize
    Lea Devize
    Minor Nuisance
    SixOfNine said:
    Specials don't affect damage of UAV turret.  Instead use specials that boost defenses of turret.  Or best of all don't bother the turret does nothing anyway to new hulls.
    I've heard that argument...It may be true.  Consider what Kix did with Counter Measures.  They are currently of little use in base defense.  The UAV's sure are aesthetically pleasing, tho.  Probably why KIX has offered them....and of course to try and get some people to coin for something of little use.
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

@Lea Devize said:
    SixOfNine said:

I've heard that argument...It may be true.  Consider what Kix did with Counter Measures.  They are currently of little use in base defense.  The UAV's sure are aesthetically pleasing, tho.  Probably why KIX has offered them....and of course to try and get some people to coin for something of little use.

All four of mine are equipped on Level Nine Platforms. No coining.

• d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

@SixOfNine said:

The Special offered WITH them supposedly does. Why they in the FM together.

• SixOfNine
    SixOfNine
    Skilled Warrior

@SixOfNine said:

The Special offered WITH them supposedly does. Why they in the FM together.

Interesting.   So you can boost the damage 15% or extend the range to send your 'flies' so they can swarm around and do nothing further away.   
    Still pretty much a useless turret for 3 million points ( plus another million to accelerate the build ).   But if you got the points and nothing else available in the FM ...
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,231
    SixOfNine said:
    The Lucanidae is eligable to receive concussive and explosive damage buffs from specials. It doesn't show the concussive buffs as applying to the damage in the turret tool tip, but it applies correctly in combat.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    The ones you have boxed in red apply damage correctly in combat. It is not being shown as applying in the damage tooltip, and that is a known bug.
  • Lea Devize
    Lea Devize
    Minor Nuisance
    SixOfNine said:
    The Lucanidae is eligable to receive concussive and explosive damage buffs from specials. It doesn't show the concussive buffs as applying to the damage in the turret tool tip, but it applies correctly in combat.
    List the specials which may be used.
  • Yo Mom
    Yo Mom
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 62
    Fuel Tank D1-X also adds damage, since the UAVS do explosive damage AND, it shows in the damage portion when equipped
  • SixOfNine
    SixOfNine
    Skilled Warrior

Where are the "known" bugs listed?   Or why aren't they? Especially when they likely affect how one chooses to build or not to build something affected by the bug.   Expecting the player base to experiment to see if something works is just plain wrong.

• Templar614
    Templar614
    SixOfNine said:
    Any special that modifies concussive stats, generic stats, or explosive damage will apply to the Lucanidae.

Realistically, you aren't buffing explosive above deflection on any T7+ hull, so not worth it.

Specials such as Concussive Detonator, Concussive Belt, Expanded Concussive Charge will be more worthwhile.

Beyond those mentioned, if you have a question about a specific special you can PM me.
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

n eplar614 said:

Lea Devize said:

Templar614 said:

SixOfNine said:

Any special that modifies concussive stats, generic stats, or explosive damage will apply to the Lucanidae.

Realistically, you aren't buffing explosive above deflection on any T7+ hull, so not worth it.

Specials such as Concussive Detonator, Concussive Belt, Expanded Concussive Charge will be more worthwhile.

Beyond those mentioned, if you have a question about a specific special you can PM me.

Thanx, Templar. I think there was some questions from players about Concussive Specials, because of the labeling on the Blueprint. Kinda like that Missile that isn't really a Missile on the Blueprint..........

• CaptainArrrr
    CaptainArrrr
    Potential Threat
    halo8381 said:
    why give out tokens if you have to base parts 1st, before you can use the tokens. i think we should have the option to use base parts or tokens
    WTF does that have to do with my question????
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

@CaptainArrrr said:
    halo8381 said:

WTF does that have to do with my question????

Apparently he/she was building UAV Turrets?

• CaptainArrrr
    CaptainArrrr
    Potential Threat

n eplar614 said:

Lea Devize said:

Templar614 said:

SixOfNine said:

Thanx, Templar. I think there was some questions from players about Concussive Specials, because of the labeling on the Blueprint. Kinda like that Missile that isn't really a Missile on the Blueprint..........

n eplar614 said:

Lea Devize said:

Templar614 said:

SixOfNine said:

Thanks for the Info I will apply the specials, in regards to not doing any damage........well it has to do more than the old turrets lol 

• Capt. Phantom
    Capt. Phantom
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 79
    edited 23 Jan 2019, 2:15AM
    The ones you have boxed in red apply damage correctly in combat. It is not being shown as applying in the damage tooltip, and that is a known bug.
    Gotcha, Templar, thanks for the clarification, was confused there for a long while, never had a chance to discuss this ;)
    Related image