HTML5

Lady-Jessica
Lady-Jessica
Master Tactician
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,178
It was said a while ago that you are working on updating the game to HTML5 any updates on the progress?
  • SSQUID
    SSQUID
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,015
    It was said a while ago that you are working on updating the game to HTML5 any updates on the progress?
    lost track
    was that one, two or three dev teams ago?

only the rooster knows i guess
  • Dopey_ARANG
    Dopey_ARANG
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 221
    Money has been diverted to the yachts fuel tanks... gotta sail away from this ugly storm. Payers first *fist bump*
    Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty woids! 
  • RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 940
    edited 20 Jan 2019, 5:01AM
    Yeh I asked that question, when this new team came into place.

Never had any reply.
    If they keep their heads down and don't say anything, you can safely assume that the game at most has a couple of years left.
    HTML5 needs to be in place late summer 2019 really, at the absolute latest.
    What me cynical, no, never, maybe!!, well I have been playing kix games for over 3 years.
    Remember its just a game, your life doesn't rely on you being the best.
    Sectors visited :- Who cares, been to some killed some stuff moved on.
    Hulls :- Yep got some and some have guns and stuff
  • BlackAdder314
    BlackAdder314
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 64
    edited 20 Jan 2019, 5:12AM
    I remember that announcement. they said the change was "in development" and it would be released in 2019.

I think 2020 is when the plug is pulled on Flash.

At the rate they've been increasing whale feeding, not even trying to hide it anymore, I'd say that timetable looks about right.

They know that when the new platform is available, hordes of players will come back to give it one more try, see if things have changed -- if they finally make it a great game again, they'll stay and the company will be saved. If it's still a whale feeder, they'll squeeze about 6 more months out of it.

Given that they can't accurately predict the dates of next month's raid, the chances of them predicting the schedule for something as complex as re-platforming a game is pretty much zero.

even if the do like they said, the chances are good they'll make a mobile version and abandon the laptop version. That seems like the safer bet.
  • Fred Dibner
    Fred Dibner
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 198
    They do not gives a rats **** about anybody who wants to remain a free player, that's clear. They are (Kix) trying to rinse the last penny uk/dime us or whatever your currency is. Wrong-Thunker is some kind of gibberish talking mathematician kind-o weirdo brought in to wind the player base up, and have a giggle with CM-Chris. Smoke n mirrors folks is what it is
  • ParagonD
    ParagonD
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 951
    Can't see the transition to HTML5 happening - although I could be wrong.

But with a dwindling playerbase and current content overload, I'm guessing the game's really going for coin more than ever now. Doubt if many absent players would return just because the game's been re-platformed.

Flash is due to lose support by the end of 2020, if not before. So would be nice to hear if BP's got any future after that date, especially as nearly everything's geared to coin now.
    No chance of getting anywhere now. Most friends have left the game thanks to changes, and given the crazy chores now I'll doubtless join them.
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,596
    edited 21 Jan 2019, 11:33PM
    I questioned facebook about the upcoming flash shut down. Their response was, yes flash is shutting down in 2020 but game makers are strongly advised to change platforms ahead of that due to browsers changing ahead of the shutdown.

We know the shut down is scheduled for the end of 2020 but we don't know when the browsers are scheduled to change. 

If kix doesn't switch platforms soon enough, we might just try to log in and not be able to get it to load.

Kix said they will be switching over, but I'm not convinced. They may just be saying that to keep the coiners coining until the day they pull the plug. 
  • kevin.brown.9638
    kevin.brown.9638
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 169
    "coming soon"... if you played this game for a long time you will understand that comment .. 
    LMAO.... Yep, HTML5 will be right after R & D level 31 and sector threat red.
  • jim.lore.31
    jim.lore.31
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 103
    Players...Please listen....Kixeye is lying to us! They do not care about us at all. All they care about is the all mighty dollar and how much of it they can squeeze from us before this game goes belly up. What most folks do not understand is that all these changes, all the videos from CEOs, developers and game designers will not get anything done. They keep adding new content when they cannot even fix the playback, daily campaigns or the raids for that matter. These fixes should be simple enough for a COMPETENT video game company and as we all know...KIXEYE is NOT a competent video game company. If they were honest, they would just come out and say that if you want to compete in this game, you will have to pay a lot of money. They of course, will not do this because they would lose over half of the player base. STOP GIVING THEM MONEY!  If you truly want to make changes to the game...STOP GIVING THEM MONEY. It is ridiculous to me that some players spend 1000's of dollars a week on this game and THEN complain about it. If you do not like the direction the game is going...STOP GIVING THEM YOUR MONEY! This game will never see HTML. They are trying to kill it to move on to other things. They have done it before...they are doing it again. 
  • mark.matthews.94
    mark.matthews.94
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 645
    I miss backyard monsters - lol
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,301
    From Discord yesterday:

DaytonaToday at 5:09 PM
    so begs question, how is HTML5 development coming @KIXEYE_Chris ?

KIXEYE_ChrisToday at 5:10 PM
    Really good, actually! I believe our engineering team said that they will have a rough render version sometime this week - which they can finally start doing some bug testing work on.

FractalToday at 5:10 PM
    Thats great to hear

haha well - to clarify - by bug test I mean hit it with a hammer that only engineering can wield - to make sure it's in a good place to even stand up.

Remember Kixeye, PLAYERS FIRST!
  • Dan Stanley
    Dan Stanley
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 92
    From Discord yesterday:

Really good, actually! I believe our engineering team said that they will have a rough render version sometime this week - which they can finally start doing some bug testing work on.

Yep. So much for their promise that Forums would be kept up to date and we wouldn't have to constantly check multiple places to keep up with what's going on.

and the promise about open communications and keeping us informed?

Tell me again about trusting anything they say?
    Battle Pirates: 5 minutes of game play, 12 hours of repair.
  • CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,240
    From Discord yesterday:

Yep. So much for their promise that Forums would be kept up to date and we wouldn't have to constantly check multiple places to keep up with what's going on.

That doesn't include copy/pasting everything that comes up organically in conversation. It's a live-text chat service, inherently there's going to be more engagement there than here. 

Major announcements will continue on the forums until an in-game newsfeed is implemented so players don't have to go to an external channel to read long-form announcements. At which point, major announcements will be made there instead of either Discord or forums.
    WC:RA/BP Community Manager
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,301
    From Discord yesterday:

Hmmm, didn't you just get informed but by me? I think players have a responsibility to also help out if they can.

Get on discord, it's great for this type of information. Or wait here and people like me or moderators will help when they can.
    Remember Kixeye, PLAYERS FIRST!
  • albert.roberts.92754
    albert.roberts.92754
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 4
    Hopefully in the move the redundant/workaround code will be removed thus giving a smother operation of the code.
  • Terry.Jones6
    Terry.Jones6
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 1
    geeeezzzz has anyone else noticed that kixeye is banning (from fourms)anyone who speaks out about there scams in the fourms? pretty shady if you cant understand the frustration you are creating in the player.. so silence them threw banns..