Official VXP Battlegrounds Discussion

167891012»
  • Randy6290
    Randy6290
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 19
    This new vxp is not good.  You get more vxp from hitting the targets than is worth in the tokens.  Just go back to the regular vsp.
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,014
    The VXP tokens are pretty worthless: I have got about 140k VXP with doing the 38´s siege battleground targets with my Proto Centurions...thats way more, as i could get with the tokens on the prizelist. so i decided to redeem Bacon Collector Chests for my 80k eventpoints. Thats my rewards:

They might be pretty useless now, but that shiphulls are more valuable to me as the lousy VXP tokens.
    (one 6,9k Proto Cent VXP token - which are limited to 10 tokens total - for 10k points...LOL!)
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • Hawg_W
    Hawg_W
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    VXP hahaha this blows.  Takes way to long to get some VXP this way.  Way too much time spent on gaining vxp at such a small rate.
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    The existence from this event is very questionable, because the top pirates on the global leaderboard from the Battlegrounds event doesnt NEED
    the VXP tokens, thats for sure! LOL!

• soloshooter
    soloshooter
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 490
    Really hoping they send a survey request for this event.  
  • OnlyGiGi
    OnlyGiGi
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 41
    the limit for the shrike tokens should be 20 not 5 .. you could then maybe skull a ship or two .. this limit of 5 is not going to do much... all the newer ships should have 20 vxp token limits ...

• we can not open battlegrounds prices???
  • sven.gabelbart.5
    sven.gabelbart.5
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 21
    i cant even redeem prices, as the vxp menu simply wont load, or rather load forever ...
  • Kleener Klopfer
    Kleener Klopfer
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 5
    huhu, i have the Problem, that i cant redeem my Battleground Points, when i click on the Event Button the Screen is loading and loading without Success. Have anyone the same Problem ?
  • CM Chris said:
    T00T said:

Briefing says Unidentified Raiders Skirmish (10) will drop VXP Defender Tokens x3

Right...

Oops. 10 and 100 got flipped. Fixed!

Does anyone at Kixeye actually play BP?????? We just finished a raid followed by a week with 2 TLCS, the FM heavily overloaded with new content and now instead of a simple vxp we have this load of rubbish....absolute BS
    I mean - this is the exact same VXP weekend you've always had following a Raid and even leaves the valuable targets out for longer - it now just has more options for tokens if you want them. You don't need to engage with the additional part of the activity if you don't want to - but it's there and probably beneficial for ranking up your hulls if you do.
    This is the WORST VXP weekend ever. Using Salty Dogs x3 I got less VXP points in a 100 than ever before.  I usually am able to Skull rank all the ships I built since last VXP,  this time I didn't get to rank any ships to skull level.  The amount of VXP given in a 100 was drastically reduced.  So you can't say, "this is the exact same VXP weekend you've always had following a Raid", when even using a triple Salty the VXP points just aren't there. Iused to get 30K to 40K VXP per hit now I'm lucky to get 9k VXP per hit.

• I don't usually post unless Kix is way off on something. Yeah yeah yeah, I know I know... curiosity killed the cat.

200K in VXP points for a Salty Dog x3?? I get one of these every other roll when purchasing a 3x Elite Crew. There is nothing "rare" about them.

Don't waste your points on rare rogues. I was hoping for the type that was released several years ago that had limited availability,
    I don't even remember the name.

That's not as bad as I opened a Bacon Collector Chest and got a USELESS Atlas Carrier Tier 2.75 ship bp,  which I don't intend to build.

BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    I don't usually post unless Kix is way off on something. Yeah yeah yeah, I know I know... curiosity killed the cat.

200K in VXP points for a Salty Dog x3?? I get one of these every other roll when purchasing a 3x Elite Crew. There is nothing "rare" about them.

Don't waste your points on rare rogues. I was hoping for the type that was released several years ago that had limited availability,
    I don't even remember the name.

That's not as bad as I opened a Bacon Collector Chest and got a USELESS Atlas Carrier Tier 2.75 ship bp,  which I don't intend to build.

The Bacon Collector Chests will give you OLD shiphull blueprints, which you doesn´t have...its for collectors...dont expect to get a blueprint
    from the latest shiphulls.

• Chop_1BoB
    Chop_1BoB
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 17
    Chop_1BoB said:
    As Chris said, the regular vxp wknd hasn't changed. The extra stuff is a bonus. I can use my bats to help rank my erads. If you want to approach the wknd as usual, do so. If you want to go for tokens, do so.  Why all the whining? What am I missing here?
    But it did change.  The 100 target at the Nav Relays isn't the high-vxp payout target it's always been.  Many have wasted time, crews and coin figuring that out, which was not clear in the briefing.   We work on our fleets to be prepared for an event only to find out something was changed, badly explained, buffed or nerfed to the point where we aren't actually prepared.  This is just one more in a growing list of undesired events featuring more over-complication of simple game mechanics.   Personally I think more choices are always good, but VXP Weekend was a staple of game advancement that didn't need this overhaul.
    Sorry, I was taking him at his word.
    BRING YOUR PRETTY FACE TO MY AXE!!!!
  • SnakeMan
    SnakeMan
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 5
    Dear Kixeye ,

do You think it is funny
    when the Points of Event are not possible to be spent

Ticket is sent
    4 h left till Session to spent ends

and I get all times
    the bad spinning Wheel
    in the Event Window

real funny Joke

• DoomsdayRebel_X
    DoomsdayRebel_X
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,964
    There were plenty of targets to pick from so I was able to find a comfort zone and got what I needed done for the most part.  There was enough targets to implore various strategies to get VXP for free or for coin if you wanted too.  There was nothing forcing anyone to do anything but use strategy to get your vxp, some failed to use strategy, some grinded, some ranked and stored tokens.  Not seeing a problem with this style VXP in anyway for me personally.  Little bit goes a long way in the end, that was my focus.
  • SSQUID
    SSQUID
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,095
    TriGuy said:
    I did a few things this VXP event to verify the truthfulness in the message(s) Kix sends us.  First, as I stated last time, points were posted to the leader board virtually immediately.  I'm talking about 5 to 8 seconds.  Last "event" (Krampocalypse) they claimed the leader board needed minutes to update.  I knew that not to be true and wanted to verify it again with the help of others with that claim in mind as we tested it.

Second, I tested conqueror on the 100 and it apparently has deflection bypass.  I'm not so much bothered by the lack of easy wins, but it was a pretty one-way battle with me dying quickly.

Third, there was a claim that there were two ways to rank, which was true, but knowing the underhanded way they do things, I tested the 100 to find that it delivered about 20% as much VXP as before.  Not many people are terribly excited about a 500% increase in the cost of ranking.  I was among them.  

Fourth, when reverting to buying the tokens, you are better off if you can hit all three high level targets for a cool 30 million event points.  With it, if you were doing fairly well, you could get away with about 4 hours damage for the equivalent of 1.5 tokens.  So you could rank just one ship to the level dying with a silver salty did in previous VXP weekends.  It was entertaining and interesting, but absolutely not worth that much time for so little VXP.  

Fifth, the price of things was WAY too much, especially the rogue crew chests.

Bottom line: this was a fail.  When the players are generally unhappy with being overloaded with tasks and content, builds taking months at a time for fleets, being eternally backlogged and forced into playing in very specific ways, making us do more for a lot less is disappointing.  We have FMs that require so much they are no longer a mission, but a weekly raid.  We have the monthly raid.  We have the special raid.  We have the VXP event now.  We have a bunch of TLCs.  You devalue things so quickly we can't enjoy them.  More and more you're catering to a very specific group of players while making the majority unhappy and you have trouble listening.  I'm wondering when y'all are going to introduce slot machine to gamble our gold with.  That's the next step after these competition raids where we all have the choice to see who can spend the most gold.
    spot on summary mate
    100 more likes 
    i had my hopes up but was disappointed with this format change

should of known better
    once again its 

my bad
  • johnshaw666
    johnshaw666
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 244
    this was a test baloon, next time you get less vxp points, more damage so that it cost you more and more. thats the way kix want it and you fool dont see it. kix never doing some in you favor. the normal way was in the last 6y you get in the raid the ship / lead ship, armor, special and weapon. now the way is how we can make more money bc we lost more then 50% of player base and coiners. NO ONE TRUST KIX MORE, dont matters what they doing. we tell kix how the players wanted the game and how they can make mass money. all what we get is a GFYS we doing what we wanted.  it dont takes to long then you seen a post from kix with the Bu..**** storry we listen and the bla bla bla . all lies lies and more lies. well players base can stay or leave and at mo,   more more more and more leave or dont coin. with 1% whale coiners you cant make the money you needed. it is kix choise to give us a product where we have fun, it is ur choise to coin or not and it hurts kix not us if we dont coin

Tired of closed threads and over moderation? Join a new forum where conversation is welcomed!
    http://www.thedarkalliance.org/forum/forum.php
    its working as intended. (which in Kixeye terms means its broken and they cant fix it) 
  • Lee0295
    Lee0295
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 63
    Expected poor event got poor event expected reduced vxp omggggg got way less vxp suppose should expect some underhanded way from kix
  • Montecristo
    Montecristo
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,432
    just wondering why? why? you insist on fixing something that is not broken?  is this whay you cal inventive and making things even better... no sir this was bollocks. you just keep driving péople away!!!
  • Montecristo
    Montecristo
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,432
    im really sorry that this game has become a moeny grab!!!

it used to be fun
  • johnshaw666
    johnshaw666
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 244
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Mar 2014Posts: 3,174
    Two quick announcements: 

• Due to some miscommunication at the start of VXP Battlegrounds around which targets were the best to hit - anyone who used a Salty Dogs on a Skirmish target (not the optimal target to use those on) during VXP Battlegrounds is receiving a Salty Dogs returned to their account.
    • Additionally, to ensure that Heavy Turrets have their full allotted time in QA, we are delaying the 9.04 release by 1 day.

HA HA HA HA WHAT A JOKE

Tired of closed threads and over moderation? Join a new forum where conversation is welcomed!
    http://www.thedarkalliance.org/forum/forum.php
    its working as intended. (which in Kixeye terms means its broken and they cant fix it) 
  • kixeyeuser_1406300105962_100004147847899
    kixeyeuser_1406300105962_100004147847899
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 148
    take your salty dog back i used a 2 star to hit that target and you give back a 1 star shove it
  • Zeljko Vukic
    Zeljko Vukic
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 91
    how this compensate anithing i kill my fleet in wrong target so i lost 3x salty and 45vxp points for eradicators

• JohnBrown
    JohnBrown
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 45
    So Glad this KIX Fail is over so I dont have the Constant reminder on top of page.  Giving us a 2 star salty just added salt to the wound.  IDIOTS.
  • XziizX 2.0
    XziizX 2.0
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 358
    Here is my take on it. (this post was to be posted in another thread but by the time I was writing it the post got deleted)

First of all, when the official thread came up it didn't take long for ppl to get on and complain, even if I don't agree to complain so early on not knowing what it is I can understand it. The changes and work in general made from Kixeye in the resent past has nothing to do with players first, all we have seen is cost going up as a result of changes, and a failed compensation (system?) not sure there is a system at all around it. 

Anyway, when details cam up I was quite happy, we could if we wish to do it like we always have. Send fleet to die, get VXP  repair go on. And if we like we could do sets for points and get tokens. For me that was fine, I still had some left for my Greta inferno but was happy to not just kill it.

All in all I did about 300k points ( will get back to that later) for less coins as I normally use, I did not skull my erads due to not finished and cost is too much. I did a combo of old and new style. Salty on Erad prep what I could in the 98 slow-repair and finishing of the target with my Hydra's. 

A side note about the 98 is that they wasn't that bad once I knew **** it. During raid in the 80 set I used my Blood Hydra to tank out the salvos then move in with the rest of the fleet to kill the thrower turret. That din't work in the 98, but what worked was to do a drive-by with the fleet stacked until salvos was done then kill it. I made the targets with my Hydra for around 45-50 damage. 

But remember one thing here. In 2015 when the VXP came out, Doomroster was on a BV show and commenting about VXP in general, and between the lines said VXP weekend was a band aid. He didn't say it on those words but what was said was that the change from 25% max to 75% max was a failed system. It was suppose to be a little extra for dedicated players, but not have a huge impact to the game. But soon we saw all raid targets, TLC etc was designed around a 75% ranked fleet. From that point, and to day the VXP has been more and more about revenue to Kix rather then a perm fix. 

As far as "failed money grab" go stated by the OP I would agree. As I said I made 300k ish points and ended up as 380ish something in GLOBAL rank. I can truly say I have never ever been that high in rank globally in any event before, and this is by just doing 10 sets. 

The big IF is this IMO. IF the game in general and the GS and CM around had a better relation to its costumers a  change like this  would be welcomed. But when, as I see  it a new team comes on and going very loudly "hey Im new lead GS and see all whats wrong with the game, but hey I will fix it" and all we get is Fixing by funding, meaning more choirs and more cost even a good change is not welcomed until the game is in a better state. And by all means, staff from Kixeye interacting with us.

(This post was a reply to a topic called "another failed money grab)

/X
    Homesector: Nope. Sector visited: yes, and some more. Drac / Reaver hulls: Won some, some I didn't win. 
  • kixeyeuser_9733302
    kixeyeuser_9733302
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 10
    Hey Money Grabbingeye, did the vxp this weekend and EARNED just over 10k points at high cost.  ended Monday.  Monday p.m. I come home and can't redeem my points.  Am I to assume if u work for a living u can't redeem ur points cause Money Grabeye closed the redemption same day the event ended, before I can get home and redeem?  I will never participate in another vxp of this kind again.
  • Fred Dibner
    Fred Dibner
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 198
    Hey Money Grabbingeye, did the vxp this weekend and EARNED just over 10k points at high cost.  ended Monday.  Monday p.m. I come home and can't redeem my points.  Am I to assume if u work for a living u can't redeem ur points cause Money Grabeye closed the redemption same day the event ended, before I can get home and redeem?  I will never participate in another vxp of this kind again.
    Same here lost 15k, games a crock o bullucks
167891012»