New possible Feature? (base defence)

Death_Keeper_Gangz
Death_Keeper_Gangz
Potential Threat
Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 31
What about a new feature in game which allows people to make their bubble pad easier...
Something like a health bar in your base/base planner which allows you to see each building its % of the base total.
Where you can shift - click buildings to see how much % it is in total to see where your 25% is,50% it would make it much easier for people to make their base then those sites that take ages to fill everything in over and over again.
Any thoughts?
  • Lakhbir Singh
    Lakhbir Singh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 300
    this may also help people who have difficulites with base design and base defense like myself; Can a mod pass this up for us pls...thanks
    COOT is recruiting; please PM Scorpious_DOW for details
  • Death_Keeper_Gangz
    Death_Keeper_Gangz
    Potential Threat
    The reason i came up with this is i see as a base hitter, alot of bases which have such a bad bubble pad that i'm asking myself how the hell do people set their stuff up they have no clue how much % what is, its just wild guesses in most cases. 
  • impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 628
    What about a new feature in game which allows people to make their bubble pad easier...
    Something like a health bar in your base/base planner which allows you to see each building its % of the base total.
    Where you can shift - click buildings to see how much % it is in total to see where your 25% is,50% it would make it much easier for people to make their base then those sites that take ages to fill everything in over and over again.
    Any thoughts?
    Yes that would be a good feature to have (I know they have an ahorymatey spreadsheet as an alternative) I came back to the game and find bubble pads really hard to calculate since there's so much more stuff to look at (in the old days of base design, a few warehouses at the front entrance pretty much guarantees 25 percent)
  • Dieyapussies
    Dieyapussies
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 27
    Any thoughts?
    Just  fix  the  ****  playback. It  is  trial  and  error  and  even  though  it is  just  a  representation  of  the  hit  it  still  helps to  adjust  and  get  bubble  pad  working  as  it  should.  
  • Death_Keeper_Gangz
    Death_Keeper_Gangz
    Potential Threat
    Any thoughts?
    Just  fix  the  ****  playback. It  is  trial  and  error  and  even  though  it is  just  a  representation  of  the  hit  it  still  helps to  adjust  and  get  bubble  pad  working  as  it  should.  
    I can agree with fixing the playback but i don't think you see what i mean, i wan't people to make their bases so they don't have to guess from playback which building is more % and which building they can maybe add or take out the bubble pad that dies faster then something else 
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,211
    Abbie_T said:
    most hitters now just run past the buildings turrets and go for the guard kill that then retreat repair and have an easier base to kill, a lot of skill in that !! how about making it so that you can not retreat from a base once you have entered ? 
    then you would be taking away the attackers right to prep thus giving you an unfair advantage which is against the TOS btw not to mention everyone would probably lose the ability to prep other targets as well 
  • URF_THE
    URF_THE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 240
    Any thoughts?
    ^^^ this needs to be done 
    check out the Battlepirates crib page  for real help advice builds and walkthroughs  www.facebook.com/battlepiratescrib
  • hanz heizer
    hanz heizer
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 977
    Abbie_T said:
    most hitters now just run past the buildings turrets and go for the guard kill that then retreat repair and have an easier base to kill, a lot of skill in that !! how about making it so that you can not retreat from a base once you have entered ? 
    than base hitting is dead i think.
  • hanz heizer
    hanz heizer
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 977
    Abbie_T said:
    then you would be taking away the attackers right to prep thus giving you an unfair advantage which is against the TOS btw not to mention everyone would probably lose the ability to prep other targets as well 
    cough cough against the TOS make me smile.dont TOS say you cheat and you get banned ? 
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,151
    what a great idea
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 1,570
    wont happen kix dose not make money off of defense because everyone stops hitting so there focus will be on offense m8

• Death_Keeper_Gangz
    Death_Keeper_Gangz
    Potential Threat
    wont happen kix dose not make money off of defense because everyone stops hitting so there focus will be on offense m8

ow you have no clue how many people coin to keep their base at the top inculding myself
  • Marco Pole
    Marco Pole
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 47
    what would be nice if they'd stop obfuscating the formula for calculating damage percentage. From what I've observed in hitting bases is that there is little to no consistency to when the protection threshold is triggered.

And while playback isn't very good, it would be wildly useful to have playback for BOTH attacker AND defender. I should be able to easily review my attacks.
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,246

@Abbie_T said:

That's why your bubble pad needs to be well designed.

It's only game, why you have to be mad?
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,992
    Any thoughts?
    you mean something like this:

http://ahoymearty.co.uk/basebubble/index.html
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • Death_Keeper_Gangz
    Death_Keeper_Gangz
    Potential Threat
    Any thoughts?
    you mean something like this:

http://ahoymearty.co.uk/basebubble/index.html
    thats what i mean but in game, its annoying af to always fill it in over and over again when you do a little change.. It would be 100x easier if  we could do this while in the game 
  • XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 230
    edited 18 Jan 2019, 4:26PM
    Abbie_T said:
    That's not against the TOS and that's not what unfair advantage means. Unfair advantage is when you are using something unintended that isn't available to every other player in order to get an advantage over them. Unfair advantage is using a glitch to fit 5 flagships in a fleet. Making use of a regular game feature is not unfair advantage.

If unfair advantage means what you thought it means, then doing targets with driving and not auto is an unfair advantage because some people are better at it than others. Prepping base and coining fleet back to life before you attack again would also be unfair advantage.
    Started in 2011, sector 19.
  • Death_Keeper_Gangz
    Death_Keeper_Gangz
    Potential Threat
    Abbie_T said:
    That's not against the TOS and that's not what unfair advantage means. Unfair advantage is when you are using something unintended that isn't available to every other player in order to get an advantage over them. Unfair advantage is using a glitch to fit 5 flagships in a fleet. Making use of a regular game feature is not unfair advantage.

If unfair advantage means what you thought it means, then doing targets with driving and not auto is an unfair advantage because some people are better at it than others. Prepping base and coining fleet back to life before you attack again would also be unfair advantage.
    They did something similar like this in one of the first bounty's like a 15 sec delay of taking no damage before you could retreat was so annoying
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,197
    edited 19 Jan 2019, 6:43AM
    There was a pretty similar idea being discussed on discord a couple weeks ago that had a lot if positive feedback from everyone who was involved. I know at least a couple of the Kixeye members present on the discord took notice of the conversation.

One of the other things I saw suggested there that I particularly liked was to add it as a new overlay in the base planner having it show what percentage each building was worth floating above it to combine with a click/shift click method of selecting/deselecting things to count towards base damage.
  • Death_Keeper_Gangz
    Death_Keeper_Gangz
    Potential Threat
    There was a pretty similar idea being discussed on discord a couple weeks ago that had a lot if positive feedback from everyone who was involved. I know at least a couple of the Kixeye members present on the discord took notice of the conversation.

One of the other things I saw suggested there that I particularly liked was to add it as a new overlay in the base planner having it show what percentage each building was worth floating above it to combine with a click/shift click method of selecting/deselecting things to count towards base damage.
    I really hope they make something like this. personally for myself it's not needed as i know how to set my stuff up but for lower/mid ranged players this would be perfect.
  • Doug HC
    Doug HC
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 24
    i use the damage spread sheet..................