An Idea

Rekyth-avmf
Rekyth-avmf
Potential Threat
Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 42
What would be cool - if you could refit a ship from tier 0 - to tier 7 etc...  Make it forsaken research, and you can unlock it with leveling up make levels count for more than just who can hit who.
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,098
    How much would you expect such an upgrade to cost?
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • Rekyth-avmf
    Rekyth-avmf
    Potential Threat
    My thought was to be able to take - for example the marauder - then be able to unlock the battle marauder at say level 10 - which would be a tier 1 - then the Maruader X at level 20 tier 2 - these would simply cost resources.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,583

I'd hazard a guess that Tier 4+ tech will become reseachable in time.
    Possibly even Tier 6..

I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,258
    edited 18 Nov 2018, 3:00PM
    This is kind of how the Foundry and Retrofit Lab are.

I would like to see a resurrection of the Foundry feature. I thought it was a really good idea. Basically you started with the base line hull and then would go hit certain targets to get fragments that could then be used to craft retrofit levels. That system was abandoned in favor of just allowing some hulls in each class to be researched through the Foundry instead.
  • Rekyth-avmf
    Rekyth-avmf
    Potential Threat
    Yea the foundry and retrofit labs are cool - I especially like the retrofit lab.  But us working class folk don't always have the time to grind away on an event or even the FM - and I think something like this could at least make them feel like they can participate even though their play time is limited.