REPAIR TIMES NEED TO BE SIGNIFICANTLY DROPPED

WesDread
WesDread
Potential Threat
Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 78
Repair times  are way out of whack when compared to playing time. Just to do FM a full fleet of Dragons takes way to long to repair. Our new Bats and Razors fleets take roughly 18 hrs to repair when destroyed. I see a lot of people quitting because Kix isn't listening to it players regarding this repair time issue. I see quiet sectors now with minimal base attacks. Where alliances would go hit other alliances to have fun and hit multiple targets.When alliances would travel in entirety to another sectors to hit a alliance, But because repair times are so far out of whack, this no longer happens. I remember when an entire sector would go on a run to hit another sector, players taking multiple fleets and hide them under drac bases while the attack would be under way. That KIXEYE was fun , Now the game is chore laden and because you allow players to use adblock this fun phenomenon no longer happens. I understand the economics of hosting a game online, I think most players do , but really 18 hrs to repair a fleet, ludicrous ! At the least make getting grease monkey crews easier to obtain and have more ship repair tokens available as chest rewards for the daily missions. In the rogue crew wheel replace the lucky bastards icons with grease monkeys.That of all the rogue crews is way way outdated.  What players want is for the game to be fun again on OUR TERMS , not chore laden,  build  and repair  times that are ruining what once was the best interactive game on line......NOTE ONCE WAS BEST THE INTERACTIVE GAME ONLINE. This game is not supposed to be work, ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN !
  • roadkill-tennessee
    roadkill-tennessee
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 3
    22 hr bats for me
  • Jnglwmn
    Jnglwmn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 224
    Yea I too am loosing interest, raids are too costly.  Snipers are hitting chore fleets, not conqueror fleets because chore fleets are longer to repair.  Wasn't there something called 'Players first" I'm not sure and don't really care, almost done.

• kixeyeuser_1412456758896_100005772467494
    kixeyeuser_1412456758896_100005772467494
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 186
    WesDread said:
    Repair times  are way out of whack when compared to playing time. Just to do FM a full fleet of Dragons takes way to long to repair. Our new Bats and Razors fleets take roughly 18 hrs to repair when destroyed. I see a lot of people quitting because Kix isn't listening to it players regarding this repair time issue. I see quiet sectors now with minimal base attacks. Where alliances would go hit other alliances to have fun and hit multiple targets.When alliances would travel in entirety to another sectors to hit a alliance, But because repair times are so far out of whack, this no longer happens. I remember when an entire sector would go on a run to hit another sector, players taking multiple fleets and hide them under drac bases while the attack would be under way. That KIXEYE was fun , Now the game is chore laden and because you allow players to use adblock this fun phenomenon no longer happens. I understand the economics of hosting a game online, I think most players do , but really 18 hrs to repair a fleet, ludicrous ! At the least make getting grease monkey crews easier to obtain and have more ship repair tokens available as chest rewards for the daily missions. In the rogue crew wheel replace the lucky bastards icons with grease monkeys.That of all the rogue crews is way way outdated.  What players want is for the game to be fun again on OUR TERMS , not chore laden,  build  and repair  times that are ruining what once was the best interactive game on line......NOTE ONCE WAS BEST THE INTERACTIVE GAME ONLINE. This game is not supposed to be work, ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN !
    Well said.  I to remember the fun BP once was
  • OTTORAM
    OTTORAM
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 6
    Strongly agree, "What players want is for the game to be fun again on OUR TERMS".

Excellent idea of repair tokens.
  • aquafern
    aquafern
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 10
    I 100% agree with the sentiment. BP used to be fun but in the last year+ has turned into a chore because of the "chores" way out-weighing the fun parts. And, cost & time of repairs have become very high. I consider myself a medium-size coiner, but if peeps like me disappear from the gamer, the high-coiners will have no one to show off against or attack. The only major reason holding me to this game is the investment I've made to by base/fleets and my alliance (which seems to be bleeding members).
  • WesDread
    WesDread
    Potential Threat
    Thank-you all for your reply's Tell your friends in bp in other sectors and alliances. This is a real concern. It seems the priority has been to add more chat coms . when I started out /I came to play a game not join a chat room. Although I do like the coms I don't really care about the world chat one...really ????
  • WesDread
    WesDread
    Potential Threat
    I guess this issue HAS FALLEN ON DEAF EARS AS THE LAST RAID I NOTICED MY REPAIR TIMES WENT UP .as well as repair times for Fm. Build times are still up there as well.  I get that kix needs to make money but the game has become so chore oriented and the last nerfing of WD's and tier 7 fleets in general makes for alot of unhappy players. Way to listen Kix.
  • Leigham1993
    Leigham1993
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1
    I honestly think, if they reduce the cost to repair, they will get more people paying for more repairs, meaning overall making more money... 
    so if it is money they are after, they should listen to the people spending it. 

• Blossom11
    Blossom11
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2018 Posts: 1
    25 hrs I won't be playing as that's how long it takes my best fleet to repair. which means I have 25 hours to find a better game to play
  • Lakhbir Singh
    Lakhbir Singh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 336
    bout 21H for a full repair for my uh dragons; i got the build from youtube and i still manage to get 21H repair after autoing 3 114's
    COOT is recruiting; please PM Scorpious_DOW for details
  • Gene Lord
    Gene Lord
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 108
    WesDread said:
    I guess this issue HAS FALLEN ON DEAF EARS AS THE LAST RAID I NOTICED MY REPAIR TIMES WENT UP .as well as repair times for Fm. Build times are still up there as well.  I get that kix needs to make money but the game has become so chore oriented and the last nerfing of WD's and tier 7 fleets in general makes for alot of unhappy players. Way to listen Kix.
    the last mini raid or whatever was way outta whack most I know sat it out The whole "only can use this fleet" thing sucks & repair times on fm & campaigns Suck  so Kix is NOT listening to the players.

• Big_Si
    Big_Si
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 110
    bout 21H for a full repair for my uh dragons; i got the build from youtube and i still manage to get 21H repair after autoing 3 114's
    OMG man dont auto Inferno Dragons in a 114!! drive them in a 120, i get about 1hr15mins per hit, so i hit 6x 120 get 3.6mil points and my FM is done for the week, total repair time is normaly about the 8 hr mark. slow rep overnight and i am done.

• berri11
    berri11
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 51
    WesDread said:
    Repair times  are way out of whack when compared to playing time. Just to do FM a full fleet of Dragons takes way to long to repair. Our new Bats and Razors fleets take roughly 18 hrs to repair when destroyed. I see a lot of people quitting because Kix isn't listening to it players regarding this repair time issue. I see quiet sectors now with minimal base attacks. Where alliances would go hit other alliances to have fun and hit multiple targets.When alliances would travel in entirety to another sectors to hit a alliance, But because repair times are so far out of whack, this no longer happens...NOTE ONCE WAS BEST THE INTERACTIVE GAME ONLINE. This game is not supposed to be work, ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN !

so true   games are supposed to be fun  but with repair times especially if you get hit by a pvper or if you are pvping you spend most of your playtime waiting for repairs  thats just a sign of a poorly de$igned game , something needs to change

a solution would be to lower repair times and lower the cost for repairs  with current prices KIX dont you think more people and people who dont usually coin repairs would coin repairs being more affordable .   if they were lower you would earn more income  because  many more people would coin repairs and get new customers thats basic business  make it cheaper , affordable and cost effective for your customers and you will generate more customers and income
  • WAR-GAMES
    WAR-GAMES
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 430
    edited 28 Dec 2018, 11:55AM
    Kixeye has killed the game it's all about who can spend the most money with the bad lag and all the crap that comes out. kiseye is putting out some type of raid out each week now. I for one am sick of putting my money in game to get new hulls and by the time i get them built and ranked they are not any good anymore and i end up scraping them to make room for more new hullss. Sick of the game crashing as soon as I enter a base or target. by the time i reload and get back in game my fleets is dead or has a lot of damage 
  • TO THE STAFF OF KIXEYE, I'M AM GETTING VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS GAME OVER THE PAST 60 DAYS.  I AM A LEVEL 88, BUT YET I CAN'T HIT LEVEL 76 OR AROUND THAT BUT YET, I AM GETTING HAMMERED EVERY OTHER DAY BY PEOPLE WHO ARE LEVEL 118, 120, 121 AND LEVEL 129.  THATS IS 41 LEVELS ABOVE ME BUT I CAN EVEN HIT SOMEONE 11 LEVELS BELOW ME.  THIS IS PURE B.S.!!!  I HAVE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME SINCE I CAME BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN BUT IF THIS KEEPS UP I'M LEAVING IT AND ANY GAMES MADE BY KIXEYE.  I BEEN TRYING TO UP MY OUTPOST WHICH SHOULD OF BEEN BUT BEFORE CHRISTMAS BUT NOW ALMOST 10 DAYS LATER IT STILL IS 2 DAYS AWAY BECAUSE OF THE CONSTANT DELAYS IN REBUILDING.  IF I CAN'T ATTACK 40 LEVELS BELOW, WHY CAN THEY?  IT SHOULD BE ALL OR NOTHING, OR MAKE EVERYONE NOT BE ABLE TO ATTACK MORE THAN 10 LEVELS BELOW. PLUS, 1 DAY 2 HOURS TO REPAIR A SINGLE FLEET!!!  UGHHHHHH.....I CAN JUST HIT REPAIR AND COME BACK TWO DAYS LATER AND MAYBE IT WOULD BE DONE.  THE GAME NEEDS TO IMPROVE.  REAL LIFE, THE DEFENDER ALWAYS HAS A FORCE MULTIPLIER AGAINST ANY REAL ATTACK.....THEREFORE THE GAME SHOULD DO THE SAME.
  • steve.foster3
    steve.foster3
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5
    Kixeye, I have to agree that your repair times are totally too long! I know making an online game that doesn't have the graphics and action of today's games but when the game was fun your membership soared! Another thing not all your base players are 20 to 30 years old and most are much older and some live on a fixed income, you have sales when monthly paid individuals can not purchase them and make just keeping up with new ships and weapons are such a chore! If you would kindly consider all your players needs you might accidentally make the game fun again. Thank you.
  • Blackknight452
    Blackknight452
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 219
    Couldnt agree more biggest issue of em all in this game is the shear pve expense they dramatically reduced the costs for repairing with pvp sometime ago (not saying anymore about the pvp debacle or ill be here all night lol )  but pve the chores not only have they dramatically increased the damage taken has also dramatically increased thus the time it takes us to do them has also they have drained all the fun oput the game now to the extent myself and many others who coin (and some who dont) literally are only on the game for few mins a time to keep base ticking over and get fm done apart from events when we do play oh and i wonder why that is why we are all on for considerable lengths during event eg RAIDS hmmmmm let me guess oh yes HALF REPAIR TIME!!! we get to play more and have fun although targets always get monotonous we get to play and help others at a reasonable cost not have our wallets fleeced !!!!
    blackknight

• robert.labree
    robert.labree
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 69
    I have wrote many tickets in the past 5 or 6 years about the high repair times, the lag and freezing and all the other stuff that stops people from playing because the lag is so bad. If u wanna listen to the players giving u suggestions and U don't do something about any of them, then the ball is in your court, fix major lag and reduce build times ASAP. I know it won't be done but thought I would tell them again. ty Robert

• Yabanut
    Yabanut
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 199
    Reducing Build times should be at the point of designing them, same with repair times, all at design stage, as they acknowledge that these are two of the things people constantly complain about then why is it not being done?  Because they want people to throw money at the game to quickly build new hulls, and repair during events, it will never start to change unless the big spenders change their spending habits. With playing with no coin, i have missed out on doing much in January raid, will not be fully ready to have a go until March. As long as some players can afford to spend like crazy then they can be at the top of the learderboards, nothing will change, PAY TO WIN enviroment  is in charge.  It is not just kixeye, all games are going the same way, people complaining about things that force spending is taken on board, they will make slight adjustments here and there further down the line (when a raid cycle as finished), then repeat the process for the next raid cycle. FOOLS GOLD springs to mind, but someone needs to fund kixeye, so good luck in Bounty, possible 2nd VXP event, and then the Feb raid, keep those coins winning the leaderboard :)