OCTOBER ZOMBIES: Switch to Fire Turrets of Leave Avalanche?

TomBrooklyn
TomBrooklyn
Master Tactician
Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,496
Fire works good against zombies, but the Avalanche turret has 6 to 9 times higher damage, and longer range, than the fire turrets.

Keep the Avalanche or switch?

TURRET                           RANGE     DAMAGE   RATE of FIRE
AVE                                 625          47K          71
NAPALM                          600          7.7K         71
FIRE BOMB ARTILLERY     600           5.2K         slow

• Jim93843
    Jim93843
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 2,783
    Napalm is area of effect. avalanche is one target.
    Doesn't matter. The key to the zombie event is overwatch, bunkers, and lots of other high end splash damage
    The little turrets have relatively no effect on zombies that have 40million health. By the time you kill a couple the other 50 got you.
    So, keep your turrets on avalanche vs all the weird vehicles they send and air.
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 4,546
    if napalm gets the 6x damage modifier of being fire v zombies it'll be about the same amount of damage
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord

relevant image.

• reyismujafi
    reyismujafi
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 251
    edited 12 Oct 2018, 3:48AM
    My opinion, if napalm vs avalanche i still prefer avalanche. I dunno if the 6x damage to zombies truly exist (perhaps in my 1 year off, they implemented it i dunno) , but even it so, i agree to the guy that said the true "cleaner" of zombies is overwatch and bunker and other special anti zombie unit station in the base, the avalanche just help do the finishing touch so the nearest one is cleared ASAP, and moreover the avalanche can hit air (napalm not). Then about firebomb altilery, i think i will consider to put it one or two because althought the rate of fire slow, it cause massive large area of burn that help clearing weak zombies (combined with the overwatch) so our turret can  effectively hit the more strong and more threathening one.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    nametagg0 said: if napalm gets the 6x damage modifier of being fire v zombies it'll be about the same amount of damage
    What is the 6x Damage Modifier?    This is the first time I've heard of that.

• TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    nametagg0 said:

relevant image.
    Where does the 200% dmg increase on Avalanche come from?

• TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    Jim93843 said:... The key to the zombie event is overwatch, bunkers, and lots of other high end splash damage

reyismujafi said:  ... the true "cleaner" of zombies is overwatch and bunker and other special anti zombie unit station...
    - So switch all four heavy turrets to Overwatch?     I don't think anti-air is needed for October event.

- What will be the best units to put in the Bunkers?

- What are the other high end splash damage things and special anti-zombie units stations?

• reyismujafi
    reyismujafi
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 251
    Jim93843 said:... The key to the zombie event is overwatch, bunkers, and lots of other high end splash damage

reyismujafi said:  ... the true "cleaner" of zombies is overwatch and bunker and other special anti zombie unit station...
    - So switch all four heavy turrets to Overwatch?     I don't think anti-air is needed for October event.

- What will be the best units to put in the Bunkers?

- What are the other high end splash damage things and special anti-zombie units stations?
    - I think its not really dont need anti-air, in fact many zombies event i ever played include some original unit and one of them is air unit. Since according to strories the one who start this October 2018 zombie outbreak was Mutoto himself, its most likely there're gonna be Meteor included either in def wave or on the offensive base.

- My suggestion, first put all your heavy turret to overwatch , then prepare 10-20 mil thorium with some reso, to replace the turret when the def wave need you to put anti air, or perhaps rail gun since there're supertanky zombie on enemy rank...the replace only 5 sec and doesnt require you dozer.

- The best in bunker ? it depend... but the best one in my opinion is Drakon , sharpshooter, and liberator with anti vehicle upgrade. But in some case, maxed spartan can do well, if all the enemies is light infantry. In this zombie event, since there're extra anti fire upgrade given and sold, a breacher can be considered. 

- High end splash damage thing ? I think in this zombie event drakon stil the best AND you can prepare Chaplain with splash upgrade, either you put it in bunker for extra range or you leave it on the ground since he's tanky...

• nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    nametagg0 said:

relevant image.
    Where does the 200% dmg increase on Avalanche come from?
    its a natural property on the avalanche, the more it fires the higher its damage up to 200%