A guide for new players (aka what you shouldn't do because I did it.)

Flint Hodges
Flint Hodges
Minor Nuisance
Joined May 2018 Posts: 178

Hello, I am writing this guide to any new players that end up seeing this. The current guide is outdated so this could potntially serve as a new one. Hope this helps, and enables you to not make any stupid mistakes on the way.
CONTENTS:
1. Starting out: Do's and don'ts
2. Level 1-10: Get some grinder marauders
3. Level 11-30: Get sea wolves.
4. Level 31-50: Get Punishers and start FM.

Each section will be its own post. Don't be afraid to ask questions though.

• Flint Hodges
    Flint Hodges
    Minor Nuisance

Chapter 1: Do's and Don'ts

The following is a bunch of tips. That you should use. They may buy you time as you DON'T want to level up. Or simply get you more resources.

1. Don't utilize the resource buildings.
      The resource buildings will level you up multiple times over if you use them. Instead, sink the cargo fleets, they also give you EXP, but not as much.
    2. Do join an alliance
      The best thing you can do is get into an alliance ASAP. The other players will give you free resources, saving you time and hassle.
    3. Don't focus on building naval lab ships
      While you do need to reasearch them, the only ones you will need from here is the Marauder and the Sea wolf.
    4. Don't even try to do the special targets.
      The legion colonys, scourge blockades, and the glowing relays will destroy you in 30 seconds flat. Don't try them.
    5. Do play on the main site or facebook.
      While Kongragate and Armor games gives a cool-looking Marauder, FB and the main site gives you acsses to officers. And FB will allow you to utilize the BP HQ app.

These are five tips that will make your life easier. Next chapter will involve you getting a good grinding fleet going.
    Thanks for reading!

• Flint Hodges
    Flint Hodges
    Minor Nuisance

Chapter 2:
    Level 1-10 Get good grinding marauders

Right off the bat, you want to reasearch and upgrade everthing you can. Most of it is instant, so don't worry about waiting. You can get where you want to be by simply following the quests. (Remember, don't use the resource buildings) Prioritize upgrading the warehouses. They are your biggest friend.

As for the marauders, diplomat mortars are the way to go. By the time you get to level 10, you should have at least 2 mortar marauders with weaker armors and the engine upgrade. I say that because you want them to be able to repair in less than 5 minutes.

So why mortars? The mortars are one of the longest ranging weapons in this stage of the game. With skill, you can keep your boats out of the enemies range, while you rain explosive doom upon them.

Once you get the full fleet built you will be able to do the 1-17 fleets. If your feeling brave, you can attempt the 23's. They are possible, but it takes quite a bit of skill.

• Flint Hodges
    Flint Hodges
    Minor Nuisance

Chapter 3
    Level 11-30: Sea Wolves
    This chapter is very important. Because this is the point where you have to wait and stuff. But if you do this part carefully, it is possible.

The end goal is:
    Level 9 Naval lab
    Level 9 Weapon lab
    Level 7 Advanced lab
    Boosted propulsion 2
    Engine upgrade 1
    Ion thrusters
    Cutlass Missles 4
    5 seawolves
    Level 4(or 5 can't remember which) Outpost
    Level 2 launch pad
    A bunch of medium bunker busters
    Level 10 warehouses

Everything else is optional. I would suggest not focusing on it unless you are just experimenting. You will also have to reasearch the following:
    1-3 Cutlass Missles
    Boosted propulsion 1
    Battle Barges
    Leviathan(DONT BUILD THESE HULLS!!!!!)
    The lower level thrusters
    S-L Daisy cutters
    S Bunker buster

The main level jumps will come from upgrading buildings and building the ships. Each One will need 5 Cutlass 4's, engine upgrade, Boosted propulsion 2(very important), and the Ion thrusters. Use no armor because you won't need it.

Each one will take a 2 days to build so you just use the time in between builds to restock your resources.

Once it is built, a ton of the regular cargos will be opened up for you. You can do all of them, even the 71's!( The Elites will still be closed out)

The reason for this is is the Boosted propulsion. It enables you to fire at a longer range. This can outrange everything except the mortars. This is why we have the thrusters and engine upgrade. Keep moving, keep the enemy ships toward the edge of the range circles, and with some skill, your ships will be unscathed.

This fleet will enabls you to get the resources yourself easily, and is absouloutly neccesary for the push for the punishers.

The next chapter will be starting out on the punishers.

Once again, thanks for reading!

• Flint Hodges
    Flint Hodges
    Minor Nuisance

Chapter 5
    Level 31-50
    The push for the punisher

The punisher is the gateway hull to the later game. If you don't have it, you can't progress easily. But before you can get it, you have to wait for the fm to start. When it starts, select a instant repair fleet and attack a lvl 40 Reasearch Garrison.

Do you remember the bunker busters you crafted? This is where you will use them. None of the ships you have can even go near the garrison. The bunker busters will enable you to unlock the punisher. Before we build it, we need some more items. Here is a list:

Ripper Cannon 4
    Hardened Barrels 2 (3 is best, but not required)
    Special blueprint armor (not required, but still nice to have)
    Engine upgrade

This is the bare mininum of what you need. I have wrote an article on the punisher for better building it.

You may also want to upgrade your war academy and dock. This will enable you to send bigger fleets out to pwn more stuff :)

Keep in mind that the punishers take 6-7 days to build. Just keep spamming bunker busters until you can get some build tokens in tier 1 list.

As for FM, get as much as you can. You need this tech to progress into t5. Just focus on Fm until you have t5 or t6 hull fleets. As in 90% of your time is going into Fm.

Well not much more to write here... If you need more info, or can't figure out **** something, look it up on Youtube. There are plenty if vids that will help you out in the long run.

Thanks for reading, and smooth sailing!

• themadmax
    themadmax
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 30

What would you suggest focusing on building for the forsaken mission. I have pun zelos citadel manticore and proto tide. Just got back and am working on this one but struggling

• Flint Hodges
    Flint Hodges
    Minor Nuisance

What is your build for your punisher? You should be able to auto and instant repair a lvl 40 garrison. If so, the next step is to grab everything in the pool 1-2 prize bins.

Then, grind for the Icebreaker. The best builds for the IB should instant rep an 89. Some can do 111 instant too. So basically work your way up to the IB. A basic IB fleet should instant a 61 if you have minimal equipment.

Another tip, get charged armors. They are in the pool 3 and they can enable lower level fleets to fight in higher targets, You will also need them for the IB builds.

Hope this helped somewhat, but if have anything else, feel free to ask.

• themadmax
    themadmax
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 30

I heard that charged armors no longer work or is that only in newer stuff. Also I did grind 40s I picked up IB the d5 armors and the rocket for IB. Was wondering if there was a insta repair pun build for 68s? On auto or is that a pipe dream?

• Flint Hodges
    Flint Hodges
    Minor Nuisance

@themadmax said:
    I heard that charged armors no longer work or is that only in newer stuff. Also I did grind 40s I picked up IB the d5 armors and the rocket for IB. Was wondering if there was a insta repair pun build for 68s? On auto or is that a pipe dream?

1. Charged armors are just obsolete in the high level raid targets. They should be viable for tier 6 or lower targets.
    2. Not that I know of, you can drive an insta-rep with good weapons and range, but no auto that I am aware of.
    3. Good job on obtaining the IB!
  • Tom Caswell
    Tom Caswell
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 93
    If you are a new player, Good luck. This game is designed for people who spend money, The only thing free is access to the game. Once you start, it will cost you in EVERYTHING you do. Then to top it off, Kixeye is constantly changing things, and every time they change something.... Well nothing else works. Now it takes 15 minutes for the game to load. Why do you need to light harlocks cigar or feed the kracken 15 times? Kixey is nothing but a bunch of thieving lieing cons that only want your money. You will be attacked by those over a hundred levels higher and kix refused to level the playing field. Simply cause the only cater to the coiners. They aint done anything to improve this game in the last 4 years. And if you try to expose kix's scam, they dub you as a threat.
  • Tom Caswell
    Tom Caswell
    Potential Threat
    You are a fool if you think this game is free. You will never get ahead unless you spend money. Every ship that is offered, by the time you get enough points and resources, research the hull, then build it.  It takes so much time that, Well, by then the ship is obsolete and is worthless because the coiners have already bought the ship and used it for 2 weeks. ( Kix does this on purpose so you are forced to spend money to keep up) Then, they put out a newer more powerful ship and the one you were building cant sink anything. UNLESS YOU SPEND MONEY, YOU WILL NEVER EVER GAIN ANYTHING IN THIS GAME !!!!!
  • Flint Hodges
    Flint Hodges
    Minor Nuisance

Well, someone is not happy... I haven't thrown a dollar at the game, and yet I am able to get stuff. As for fleets being obsolete in two weeks... That really only counts for pvp (Something I don't touch with a 10 mile pole) Most tier 5-6 hulls are still useful for chores. Granted seat time is slightly long at times, but I have found that you can just multi-task the game once you get good auto fleets.

Look, don't know what side of the bed you woke up on, but nobody likes it when you kick down a door screaming that a game is PTW. Wait, you mean that if you spend 50$ monthly on a game you can come out on top?!? I have yet to play an online game that doesn't favor dat boi with a Credit card. So if you hate kix, then you will probably hate every mmo with micotransactions. (EA!!!!!!)

Look, I agree with you to an extent. People who want the best of the best within .24 seconds are gonna use the paypal. But raids are still doable with tier 6 hulls. And they can be used for chores. The game just suffers from lag and some balencing problems. But belive me when I say that there are MUCH worse games out there. Kixeye has one of the most unique games out there, and While I haven't been around since the begining to see the crap hit the fan, but I bet if the dev team put TLC ( not to be confused with time limited campaign) into the game, it could potentially be a game that would be awesome to play.

• Tom Caswell
    Tom Caswell
    Potential Threat
    Im surprised Kix aint blocked you. Heaven forbid if you help some one out and they dont have to coin. Good job, the lower levels need to know some of this stuff before Kix cons them into spending a bunch of money.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,585

@Tom Caswell said:
    Im surprised Kix aint blocked you. Heaven forbid if you help some one out and they dont have to coin. Good job, the lower levels need to know some of this stuff before Kix cons them into spending a bunch of money.

Dude is trying to help & you come trolling along
    Don't like the game?
    You know where the door is. Or would you prefer to use a window?

I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)