Breakdown | Ardra, The Ruthless

MX36
MX36
Unicorn Overlord
Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,204
edited 21 Aug 2018, 12:19AM

Hello Commanders,

So Ardra is due to recieve a special token base which is upcoming on the 22nd of August. These Hero Tokens will allow you to upgrade the mighty and unyielding Ardra from level 1 to level 10, vastly increasing her power on the battlefield. 

So because of this, I thought I'd write this breakdown on Ardra, the Ruthless, to give you a good reason as to why Ardra is worth acquiring the tokens for and upgrading. Let's begin.

Why you should unlock\upgrade Ardra?
⬥ She's one of the most popular heroes and a must-have unit in PvP.
⬥ The most reliable shield in the game.
⬥ Has a faction buff that grants her total immunity to all negative status effects.
⬥ Has workshop tech that takes her armor to a whole new level.
⬥ An efficient minesweeper.
⬥ A front-line attacker and a high-priority target.
⬥ Has one of the most punishing weapons in the game that can deal over 6 million damage per shot!

⯁ Ardra's stats from level 1 ~ 10:

⬥ All stats are fixed except for damage & health
⬥ Level 5 has 2x the amount of damage & health of level 1
⬥ Level 10 has 3.5x the amount of damage & health of level 1

DPS Breakdown (at level 10):
Ardra's Rail gun is an energy-type weapon that has Charge-Up time instead of Reload. the charging part always happen before the shot is fired, while Reloading always happen after. In practice and when the unit is continuously firing at enemy targets, there's no difference between the two, except for when you're using Jericho's tactic: the Rapid Fire tactic has zero effect on Purifiers & Ardra.

Level 10 DPS info:
Damage Per Round: 3,150,000
Damage Type: Burst
RoF: 1  or 0.025 sec
Reload: 0 
Charge Up Time 1.25 sec
Clip Size:  1 shot
Clip Cycle:  1.275 sec
DPS = Damage/Time
DPS = [3,150,000] ÷ [0.025 + 1.25]
DPS = 2,470,588
Ardra's firing pattern is straightforward. she only does two things: Charging & Firing

But in practice, when using a stopwatch or a sound-wave graph, the delay between shots seems to be slightly longer than 1.25, so I asked KIXEYE's support about this issue, and this was their explanation:
Ferrite Core Inductor is a tech that reduces the charge time of the Purifier by 20%. The reloading of Purifier is based on nothing but Charge time. So basically decreasing charge time decreases the time between shots, which goes as follows:

Purifier to fire, first the charge, then the Shot fires, idle time, charge time, shot fires again and this explains the delay of around one second that you were seeing the shots. 
So, according to KIXEYE's support, Ardra & Purifiers' firing pattern consists of three parts: Charge Time > Fire > Idle Time
Charge       >       Fire       >       Idle       >       Charge       >       Fire       >       Idle
1.25           >     0.025     >          ?         >         1.25         >     0.025      >        ?

They didn't actually help, did they? TBH, the difference between the two patterns is insignificant and can be attributed to lag or other rendering issues, so I'd stick with the first pattern (the one with Charging and Firing) because its math does check out. 

General Notes:
⬥ Every repair time posted on this page is specific to a level 14 Tech Center (70% time reduction in PvP) and a level 23 War Factory (53% time reduction) unless stated otherwise.
⬥ GoGo-Bar and Defense Lab were at level 20 and 25 with +48% damage and 20% damage reduction respectively.
⬥ All spawned ARDRA units from the GoGo-Bar were equipped with the same design shown at the beginning of each video.
⬥ No Workshop components, Faction traits, Loyalty bonuses, or Raid boosts were active during any of the offensive tests.
⬥ You might be wondering why there are no tests vs offensive omega units like the Juggernaut, Prophet, and War Rig, and the reason is that I don't have those maxed yet, and I couldn't find any players that were willing to sacrifice their units for tests like these, and you can't just record a test during an actual PvP battle, because those are too messy and you can't isolate each unit's damage from the rest when all are firing.

Special Abilities & Hidden Features:  
Ardra has many powerful abilities & features that reinforce her role as a front-line attacker. most of them are available from level 1 and get better as she levels up, but the most powerful is locked at level 10

⬥ At level 10 and with not tech equipped, Ardra loses around 0.8% of her Full Health from stepping on a Shaped Charge.
⬥ She also has the armor components Mine Resistant Plating & Tight Spaced Armour, both of which can reduce landmine damage by 60%
⬥ Using all three armor components reduces damage taken from a Shaped Charge to only 0.2% of her full health.
⬥ The resistance increases even more when Ardra's HP drops below 75%, and again at 50% and 25%.
⬥ With an HP level lower than 25% and an active Loyalty bonus with all 3 armor tech equipped, damage from landmines is reduced by 93.5%

The ability doesn't actually have a name, but we thought it should have one, for easier referencing. ;) 
Does this ability actually work? 
Ability OFF (no damage taken): Ardra killed a level 20 Darkstorm in 17 shots
Ability ON (while taking damage): Ardra killed a level 20 Darkstorm in 14 shots

What was thought of as a visual glitch to Ardra's health bar, is actually a special damage reduction!
To find how exactly that reduction works at different health levels, we put her to the test against a max level Rail Launcher. and let her take 1 shot at a time while taking notes on the repair time, then repeated the process for the rest of the shots.

Before each shot, we made sure that:
⬥ All Power Plants are destroyed, in order to slow down the ٌRail's RoF so it only fires one shot before ending the attack.
⬥ All support turrets are disconnected.
⬥ All customization and war paints are removed, and no war efforts or faction buffs are active. Each shot was tested exactly like this:

The table above has 23 rows, each row represent 1 shot and shows its repair time divided into Hours Minutes and Seconds, followed by the Total Repair Time in seconds, then the Repair Time Per Shot (also in seconds).
There’s also the Damage Reduction column that compares each shot’s repair time to the repair time of the first shot and displays the difference as a percentage.
HP Lost % shows the percentage of health the unit has lost so far. It’s also used to determine when the unit hits certain HP levels and when damage reduction is triggered.
HP column is self explanatory. It's divided into 4 levels and can be used to show how many shots were taken while at certain HP level.

NOTE: The shaded cells have values that are slightly different from the ones in the second table below, and the reason is that when the Repair Timer starts showing hours, there won't be enough room to display the seconds counter.

The shaded cell is a little bit misleading. It shows 80% instead of 75% because the remaining HP was less than the amount of damage received from that shot.
In general, we prefer to use the Repair Cost method over the Repair Time, for several reasons:
1-It generates more accurate results.
2-The repair timer sometimes only show Hours & Minutes but not Seconds.
3-Unlike repair time, oil & metal costs are the same across all platoon types, so if you’re testing an omega unit with high repair time, it’s better to do it with a PvP platoon and take advantage of the accelerated repairs.

Here's an alternative to the boring table above, a video that shows exactly what happens to Ardra as her health drops:

In this video we're testing a level 10 Ardra, that has no workshop components or faction buffs, against a level 15 Rail Launcher. It shows a series of screen shots of the repair time after each shot. in addition to other info like:
Current HP % = 1 - [Current Cost of Repair ÷ Total Cost of Repairs]
For example: finding the health % after the 14th shot= 1 - [2,511,161 ÷ 3,125,000]= 1- 0.804 = 19.6%

Repair Per Shot=  Total Repair Time after the shot - Total Repair Time before the shot

Damage Reduction % = Repair Time of the Current shot ÷ Repair time of the first shot
As long as her HP level is over 75% she receives full damage without any reductions.
When HP level drops below 75%, her armor blocks 25% of incoming damage.
When HP level drops below 50%, her armor blocks 50% of incoming damage.
When HP level drops below 25%, her armor blocks 75% of incoming damage until dead.

What about Purifiers, Do they have the same armor?
No, a max-level Purifier dies from 3 Max Rail shots, without a Fusion Turret. Each shot deals the same amount of damage without any reductions.

Is there any other units with this type of Armor\Damage Reduction mechanic?
YES! we’ve done some testing with the other faction heroes and found out that Roland, Max, and Burnside have a similar armor. we still have to redo the same tests again using a low-level Rail Launcher, to get more accurate results. (will post it later in a separate thread)

The following tables show each shot's effect on Roland's health, and damage reduction percentages:

First table shows the repair time after each shot and compare it to the first shot in order to find out the % of damage reduction. this method is less accurate for the reasons already mentioned earlier.

The table shows a more accurate measure of the health level and the repair costs after each shot.
[Alternative] video of a level 10 Roland (with no tech or faction loyalty):

What about Corpus heroes?
Most of our tests were done with a level 6 and a level 15 Rail Launchers. and so far, none of the Corpus heroes seem to have that armor. We believe that that was intentional, because Corpus units already have an Adaptive Armor of their own. (Faction trait)

When tested against a Max Rail Launcher;
⬥ A level 1 Polly (HP=4,300,000) died after 2 shots
⬥ A level 5 Santiago (HP=1,900,00) died after 1 shot.
We also did another test with Polly to see if she has any damage reductions at lower HP levels, so we used an Avalanche to put her HP at a level below 25%, leaving her with more than 1,000,000 health, which should be enough to withstand the full damage of a level 6 Rail Launcher.. but the result confirmed that she doesn't have any special damage reductions like ARDRA & Roland.

P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 3,669

You seem to be quoting Ardra out of context, lol. Works, though.

• Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 4,789
    Always great work bro.. awesome
    "Don't cry, Don't whine, it's a strategic game so either you GIT GUD or you Go Home"
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,601
    very cool! Thank You!!!
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord

Which part? :D 
    Compared to all GEN-1 heroes, she's probably the one with the least amount of screen time. even Oren had more appearances & quotes than her!
  • ErwinRommel2016
    ErwinRommel2016
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 767
    What I think what kixeye support is talking about idle time basically means cooldown time because the last thing you want is a overheated railgun that goes boom
                           -SPECIAL FORCES ARE MY LIFE-
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 3,669

@MX36 said:
    Jason Ensinger said:

Which part? :D 
    Compared to all GEN-1 heroes, she's probably the one with the least amount of screen time. even Oren had more appearances & quotes than her!

The GIF, comes across more like, "ruthless is an understatement", for those that missed the event than the, "Nothing compared to Kara", it is, lol.

• Manbitesdog
    Manbitesdog
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 94
    Got my Ardra to lvl10 when hero bases first dropped (grind grind grind) and I'm happy with the results. Max level Ardra with all her hero tech and maxed diamond tech, she's a force to be reckoned with for sure. Our very own Sword/Shield combo :D
  • PHEONIX_SP_UNT
    PHEONIX_SP_UNT
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 739
    wow,,great,job,,bro,,
  • Hassan Soomro
    Hassan Soomro
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 91

We need more work for nyx please by the way amazing work

• SiddyLiL
    SiddyLiL
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 556
    This is massive bro the time it must of taken you to make this is unreal. 
    Very nicely done my friend.
  • Z e u s
    Z e u s
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 177

that is a topic that must pinned  , great effort and detailed info , bro you answered all the questions even those that only the elite could think about

THANKS BRO
    01000001 01101110 01101110 01101001 01101000 01101001 01101100 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110
  • Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 4,789

@MX36 bro you know our little test we did corrosion would have made the difference but still an awesome resilience, i agree Ardra is the most valuable of the current bunch...

"Don't cry, Don't whine, it's a strategic game so either you GIT GUD or you Go Home"
  • Kar-Graal
    Kar-Graal
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,632
    edited 21 Aug 2018, 6:18PM
    Sasuke970 said:

Trump approves.Very cool indeed.
    Very Nice Thought Sasuke970  
    :)  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 
    :D  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  

• Kar-Graal
    Kar-Graal
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,632
    SiddyLiL said:
    Great Job On the videos always
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    What I think what kixeye support is talking about idle time basically means cooldown time because the last thing you want is a overheated railgun that goes boom
    I was hoping they would give us a number at least, but all they did was making it more confusing. lol and if it's a cooldown like you said, it's still considered a delay and has to be accounted for in the DPS. 

The GIF, comes across more like, "ruthless is an understatement", for those that missed the event than the, "Nothing compared to Kara", it is, lol.

Ah! now I get it..
    I actually wanted it to mean "ruthless is an understatement" and I've seen that screenshot many times, but never thought of it the other way until you mentioned Kara.

We need more work for nyx please by the way amazing work

I honestly don't know what to do for Nyx. her damage output is powerful no doubt about that, but she doesn't last long on her own, especially vs Avalanches and Liberators, and you have to be a Corpus ally in order to unlock her full potential.
    Do you have any specific tests in mind?
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    SiddyLiL said:
    Thanks bro. I actually had to skip the Invasion to finish this, which is something I never missed before, but it's totally worth it  ;)

Z e u s said:

that is a topic that must pinned  , great effort and detailed info , bro you answered all the questions even those that only the elite could think about
    THANKS BRO
    You're welcome!
    That's what I like about this game. there's a lot of questions and everyday I learn something new either by accident or by testing with friends.

Perry299 said:

@MX36 bro you know our little test we did corrosion would have made the difference but still an awesome resilience, i agree Ardra is the most valuable of the current bunch...

I realized that the Loyalty bonus was active during the last test and the results would have been different without it.. and I was going to ask you for another round, but the CC is currently upgrading, so I can't relocate atm.

BTW, if you want to activate corrosion, I'll bring on a FULL WARLUST! :D
  • kixeyeuser_1369478766759_18061_447417777
    kixeyeuser_1369478766759_18061_447417777
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 868
    Oh god. MX36 are you mad? So much hecking words lmao. Good job anyways buddy. It was a nice read.
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Oh god. MX36 are you mad? So much hecking words lmao. Good job anyways buddy. It was a nice read.
    Thanks bro! I'm glad you like it. 
  • CM_Burny
    CM_Burny
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,496
    This has to be the most detailed thread I've ever seen, great work!
    WC & VC Community Manager

Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 10,847
    CM_Burny said:
    This has to be the most detailed thread I've ever seen, great work!
    Then, you haven't read some of his previous forum threads which are equally amazing. Thanks a lot MX for taking your time to write this post.
     <|=  0330 1323 1103 1211 0312 1201 1302 1203 0230 1220 0200  =|> 
     <|=  0302 0320 1310 1220 1211 0200 1313 1233 1302 1210 0230  =|> 
     <|=  0200 1211 0310 1303 0321 1301 1311 1221 1312 0312 1201  =|> 
     <|=  1230 1221 1211 0230 0320 0301 1232 1203 1211 0200 1221  =|> 
     <|=  1232 0200 1201 0302 0200 1210 0320 1221 1203 0232 1310  =|> 
     <|=  0232 1221 1233 1232 1201 1302 1321 0232 0232 0332 1331  =|> 
  • kixeyeuser_1381785235850_30485_688970479
    kixeyeuser_1381785235850_30485_688970479
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 284
    this is better that my tesis work.
  • Kairento
    Kairento
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 540
    ****, I'm deeply impressed
    Thank you for your wondeful post! All the information you provided here is really helpful. 
    Kết quả hình ảnh cho samuel hayden doom
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 4,222
    this seems a bit more detailed than your roland guide.
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Manbitesdog
    Manbitesdog
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 94
    @MX36

If you ever need help testing units just let me know, I don't mind tossing in my hat for an overnighter lol
  • Gen_Prime
    Gen_Prime
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,036
    Honestly, you deserve a donation for this.  incredible work, thank you very much! 
  • smaugthewyrm
    smaugthewyrm
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 384
    mrmx36 you have set a new bar for excellence with this series of posts. paid kix employees will have a hard time matching this.

• meemadd
    meemadd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,225
    edited 22 Aug 2018, 9:11PM
    Great work, i eat this kind of stuff up lol......i think MX36  deserves a single use hero named after him. i still have this saved  Performance Enhancement - Part #1    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/626362/p1   and have went back to it many times just to verify things i had forgotten