Is Max level Roland worth it?

MX36
MX36
Unicorn Overlord
Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,255
edited 26 Jul 2018, 1:21AM

Why Roland?
-He's one of the few that are good in attack and defense in both PvP and PvE.
-Has tech that grants him immunity to Shock AND Scramble, which is critical for a tank hero.
-As a Survivor, he also benefits from a Faction buff (Warlust) that matches his main role and makes him more lethal.
-Has high resistance to Area damage (Overwatch + Billy Goats) and Burst damage (Main tanks + Rail Launchers).
-He's perfect as a front-liner as well as a guardian to the DS, Juggernaut, and Legendary Laser tanks combo.

Roland's Stats from level 1 ~ 10

DPS Breakdown:
Lets see the Hammer first:
Hammers fire one volley of 7 missiles, then take 4 seconds to reload. They fire at a random zigzag pattern with a 0.025 second between each shell. and that's why their shells can bypass Adaptive Armors and Damage Caps.

Roland
Roland's firing pattern is more uniform. 
From level 1~9: Fires 2 volleys. each volley contains 10 shells and each shell deals up to 150K damage
At level 10: Fires 3 volleys, each volley contains 10 shells, each shell deals 164,500 damage
Total damage before reloading= (Damage per shell 164,500) x (30 shell) = 4,935,000
Damage Per Second (DPS)=
[Dmg per shell x No. of shells] ÷ [ (RoF x No. of volleys) + Reload Time
[164,500 x 30] ÷ [ (0.75 x 3) + 5 ] = [4,935,000] ÷ [7.25] = 680,690

Random tests vs units: (I will post more later)
Heroic means that he's equipped with all 3 heroic tech. Sometimes I use the Zombifier tech, especially vs buildings.
Diamond III is a level 3 relic, which adds 6% damage and damage resistance.

♦ Hammers (Roland) and custom Cyclops (Polly) have always been the perfect bait to absorb AoE damage from Overwatch turrets and Billy-Goats.

At level 10, Roland can absorb up to 22 Billy-goat volleys like a boss! (He was equipped with Heroic tech but no Diamond)

♦ Roland (Heroic + Diamond III) vs level 13 Command Center - at Zero Warlust

♦ Roland (Heroic + Diamond III) vs level 13 Command Center - at 100% Warlust 

As you see, he almost destroyed the CC after the 3rd volley. I'm sure he could have done it if the Diamond tech was maxed.
(Thanks to Axel for helping with this test)

♦ Roland (Heroic+Diamond III) vs a level 5 Prophet

Died after 14 shots from the Prophet

♦ Roland (Heroic) vs Elite Darkstorm (level 20 with tech)

Died after 56 direct shots from the DS
DPR of a level 20 DS is 1,950,000 x 56 shots = 109,200,000... of course we don't know the Darkstorm's damage modifiers vs heavy vehicles, but based on Roland's HP alone, he only received 85% of that damage.

♦ Removed his Heroic training, which adds a 50% resistance to Burst, and tested again vs a DS

Died after 28 shots

♦ Roland (Heroic + Diamond III) vs Full platoon of level 20 Vindicators & level 5 Sunder

♦ Roland (Heroic + Diamond III) vs level 21 Elite War Rig (I don't have the Omega, so I used 2 Rigs to compensate)

Killed both Rigs but lost around 40% of his health

♦ Roland (Heroic + Diamond III) vs level 30 Elite Herald

Died after 59 volleys and 4 shells (total of 358 shells x 297,500 damage=106,505,000)
Roland has a 15,750,00 HP, and only received ~85% of that damage.

♦ Roland (Heroic + Diamond III) vs Full platoon of level 20 Phalanx with max Diamond
No comment. lol

♦ Roland (Heroic + Diamond III) vs Max Rail Launcher

Died after 34 shots. impressive!

♦ Roland (Heroic + Diamond III) vs Max Rail Launcher + Max Fusion

Died after 11 shots

♦ Roland (Heroic + Diamond IV) vs Level 20 Sharpshooter (+40% Stronghold buff +25% Destroyer buff +48% GoGo-Bar buff + equipped with all damage tech)

Died after 31 shots!!!

♦ Roland (Heroic + Diamond IV) vs Level 18 Drakon (+40% Stronghold buff +25% Destroyer buff +48% GoGo-Bar buff + equipped with all damage tech)

Died after 21 shots! Plasma is more effective than Burst damage when dealing with a Roland equipped with Heroic Armor (-50% Burst)

Tank Treads - Melee Attack

Roland and Hammers can run over enemy units and buildings to destroy them. Honestly I'm disappointed at how underwhelming this ability at max level.

Ability: Spawns Detonators upon death.
From level 1~9 spawns 8 low level Detonators
At level 10 spawns 12 higher level Detonators

Zombifier
-Roland and Weaver's zombifier has no negative effects on the Warlust bonus. 
-Roland's zombifier spawns huge number of zombies at once due to his wide splash radius (followed by Sunder & Oren).  
-Zombies can also spawn from units\buildings that were run over by Roland's treads.
-Zombifying enemy infantry\Tanks\LSDs adds into the Warlust meter twice: 
    • First when you kill the units and turn them into zombies
    • When those zombies are killed by the enemy.
-Zombies can also infect\kill other units\buildings and help you get generate more Warlust.
-Zombies that spawn from killing units (Nightmares, Ultra tanks, Bighorns,..etc) are more durable than zombies that spawn from buildings.
P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 11,065
    Thanks a lot for the post and it's probably as impressive as the post were you analyzed nearly every SF unit in the game. Sadly, I didn't have that much time to farm Roland tokens when the token bases was out.
     <|=  0330 1323 1103 1211 0312 1201 1302 1203 0230 1220 0200  =|> 
     <|=  0302 0320 1310 1220 1211 0200 1313 1233 1302 1210 0230  =|> 
     <|=  0200 1211 0310 1303 0321 1301 1311 1221 1312 0312 1201  =|> 
     <|=  1230 1221 1211 0230 0320 0301 1232 1203 1211 0200 1221  =|> 
     <|=  1232 0200 1201 0302 0200 1210 0320 1221 1203 0232 1310  =|> 
     <|=  0232 1221 1233 1232 1201 1302 1321 0232 0232 0332 1331  =|> 
  • Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 4,789

They will incorporate adjusted filters in game to match these buffed heroes...

Funny I don't see a sustain hero.... :D

"Don't cry, Don't whine, it's a strategic game so either you GIT GUD or you Go Home"
  • FreedomCobra
    FreedomCobra
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 579

Bookmarking this. Very informative!

You should write posts like this for other units in the game, @MX36

(Death Metal Playing In The Background)
    War Commander: Level 43
    Vega Conflict: Level 65
    Battle Pirates: Who cares?

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Perry299 said:

These heroes will probably be balanced out naturally due to the general progression of the game which can be summarized as an inflation of power.
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 3,710

Vs. Phalanx video unavailable... Wanted to see that one the most, lol.

• kixeyeuser_218034634_10244_5846833
    kixeyeuser_218034634_10244_5846833
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 137
    same here but nice post i hope someone do 1 like that for andra 
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 5,028
    Perry299 said:

i think they are doing in in order of release, with the exception of nyx and oren trading spots due to player use.

on the bright side we`re probably getting a sphinx single use hero this event, nyx`s drones are sustain damage, and if infantry dont get wrecked this event weaver/max with a lib toon should be relatively effective
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • SAMURAI_JAY
    SAMURAI_JAY
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 1,306

strange. it worked for me. 2 times 3 shots and they are gone. 6 shots total. pretty much what i expected. 

i am more impressed by how good it does vs Vindicators and rail guns
    Image result for the best tank in the world pictures
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,165
    great job MX!!!
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord

@SAMURAI_JAY said:
    Jason Ensinger said:

strange. it worked for me. 2 times 3 shots and they are gone. 6 shots total. pretty much what i expected. 

i am more impressed by how good it does vs Vindicators and rail guns

Yeah, it surprised me how well he works against Sunder and Vindicators, too. I was surprised Sunder didn't survive longer. Rail gun tanking abilities are impressive, but not surprising. He's been good at that since his heroic tech was released. Speaking of Sunder, though, ooh boy, if you think level 10 Roland is impressive... wait until the best, lol.

• ShotgunBilly
    ShotgunBilly
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 460

He did a huge write up quite awhile back on a lot of Workshop Tech, DPS, ROF, and other Hero and regular units. It was a great write up! Charts, graphs, the whole 9 yards!! Impressive write up to say the least! Props MX!!
  • shefqet.zoga
    shefqet.zoga
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 226
    edited 17 Jul 2018, 4:18AM
    impressive nice one, for me not real worth the time hit this base,since sharpshooters can kill any tank on deference easy and they dont get scratch,sharpshooters are the dangers unit for now,omega Darkstorm lvl29 kills roland lvl10 on 2-3shoots,on omega War Rig u dont need to shoot it just drive on roland easy kill
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    impressive nice one, for me not real worth the time hit this base,since sharpshooters can kill any tank on deference easy and they dont get scratch,sharpshooters are the dangers unit for now,omega Darkstorm lvl29 kills roland lvl10 on 2-3shoots,on omega War Rig u dont need to shoot it just drive on roland easy kill
    keep in mind not every base will have sharpshooters

• shefqet.zoga
    shefqet.zoga
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 226
    nametagg0 said:
    yes sure,on war zone they do have 90% of players
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    nametagg0 said:
    yes sure,on war zone they do have 90% of players
    drakons still see plenty of use, and that doesnt mean they cant be used in pve or in conjunction with a darkstorm.

• MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    Thanks a lot for the post and it's probably as impressive as the post were you analyzed nearly every SF unit in the game. Sadly, I didn't have that much time to farm Roland tokens when the token bases was out.
    The time limit put a lot of pressure on the players, especially when we're talking about offering not one but THREE of the most popular heroes at the same time. Sure you could get a few tokens for each hero and upgrade to another level or two, but since their most valuable talents are locked at the last level, it's better to focus on the one that would benefits you the most and get it all the way up to 10.
    The easiest way to get two or all three of them maxed is by blitzing. I know several players that easily got them that way, and honestly I would've done the same thing if I could. lol

When we get another chance at those bases, Which hero are you going to upgrade first?

Perry299 said:

One Baldur is not enough?  :D 
    Adjustments are probably on their way or have already been made..who knows. lol  But I'm more interested in the timing of these buffs. Do they have anything to do with the upcoming war with Eastern Hordes, the faction that brought us some of the highest damage-dealers and heavily-armored units like Danta, Baldur, and Hannibal?
  • Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord

@MX36 said:
    Axel L said:

The time limit put a lot of pressure on the players, especially when we're talking about offering not one but THREE of the most popular heroes at the same time. Sure you could get a few tokens for each hero and upgrade to another level or two, but since their most valuable talents are locked at the last level, it's better to focus on the one that would benefits you the most and get it all the way up to 10.
    The easiest way to get two or all three of them maxed is by blitzing. I know several players that easily got them that way, and honestly I would've done the same thing if I could. lol

When we get another chance at those bases, Which hero are you going to upgrade first?
    Perry299 said:

One Baldur is not enough?  :D 
    Adjustments are probably on their way or have already been made..who knows. lol  But I'm more interested in the timing of these buffs. Do they have anything to do with the upcoming war with Eastern Hordes, the faction that brought us some of the highest damage-dealers and heavily-armored units like Danta, Baldur, and Hannibal?

Lol ... you know what i am thinking ... would love to do a 1 on 1 for prosperity sake.... interested to see how my jacked up B fares against a maxed Roland.... i already know my limits against Ardra...

"Don't cry, Don't whine, it's a strategic game so either you GIT GUD or you Go Home"
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord

Thank you! I would but I can't do it alone. I need someone to perform tests with.
    Right now, Axel is the only one helping with these tests, but it would great if we could have more players willing to help and confirm results.

Also, what I like most about the videos in these posts is how they serve as a reference (proof) if\when nerfs happen later.  ;) 

Sorry about that. I had a technical problem.
    Short answer: He kills Phalanxes and their spawn as if they were nothing. as he always does.

Fun story about the link: 
    so my laptop battery was at 19%  and I had to rush in and post the links.. 10 mins later and it's completely dead *_* no big deal... switched to phone to check if all links were posted correctly... then realized that I haven't posted the one with Techs, and also linked the wrong Phalanx video with an annoyingly loud music. It was supposed to be muted before uploading like the rest.
    Went to hte Youtube app to edit but it didn't work! said that I need to use a browser that supports HTML5 in order to edit or at least see the button that controls the sound... so I went back to the app store and re-downloaded  Chrome, Opera, and UC browser. but none of them worked! even Puffin!! and my only option was to add a random sound track from youtube library, to make it less annoying.

But the worst part is that my laptop is still dead and wont turn on, despite all the attempts to disconnect the battery and drain the charge!
    will update after I get it fixed later today.
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Perry299 said:

Lol ... you know what i am thinking ... would love to do a 1 on 1 for prosperity sake.... interested to see how my jacked up B fares against a maxed Roland.... i already know my limits against Ardra...

That would be an interesting fight to see. let me know when you're free so I can relocate (I'm free after 16 hours from now)
    BTW, what about Baldur's move & shoot advantage, Are you going to circle strafe around Roland, or focus fire on him while stationary?
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord

Yeah, it surprised me how well he works against Sunder and Vindicators, too. I was surprised Sunder didn't survive longer. Rail gun tanking abilities are impressive, but not surprising. He's been good at that since his heroic tech was released. Speaking of Sunder, though, ooh boy, if you think level 10 Roland is impressive... wait until the best, lol.

If only faction buffs work during GoGo-Bar attacks! Imagine what he could do to that platoon at full warlust.
    I'm with you on the level 10 Sunder.. shots will create permanent holes in the ground with eternal fire pools.. it will break the game. lol

What do you expect his talent\ability at level 10 would be?
  • Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord

@MX36 said:
    Perry299 said:

That would be an interesting fight to see. let me know when you're free so I can relocate (I'm free after 16 hours from now)
    BTW, what about Baldur's move & shoot advantage, Are you going to circle strafe around Roland, or focus fire on him while stationary?

Every test i have done is stationary... fist and let them go ... we will arrange a test might have to be after event..

• Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord

@MX36 said:
    Jason Ensinger said:

If only faction buffs work during GoGo-Bar attacks! Imagine what he could do to that platoon at full warlust.
    I'm with you on the level 10 Sunder.. shots will create permanent holes in the ground with eternal fire pools.. it will break the game. lol

What do you expect his talent\ability at level 10 would be?

How about what you said and never missing his target like Nyx's talent?

• Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord

Sunder will be increased radius of blast with permanent fire effect...

• TroyW
    TroyW
    WC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,769
    MX36 said:

Why Roland?
    -Has tech that grants him immunity to Shock AND Scramble, which is critical for a tank hero.
    -As a Survivor, he also benefits from a Faction buff (Warlust) that matches his main role and makes him more lethal.
    -Has high resistance to Area damage (Overwatch + Billy Goats) and Burst damage (Main tanks + Rail Launchers).
    -He's perfect as a front-liner as well as a guardian to the DS, Juggernaut, and Legendary Laser tanks combo.

DPS Breakdown:
    Hammers fire one volley of 7 missiles, then take 5 seconds to reload. They fire at a random zigzag pattern. and that's why their shells can bypass Adaptive Armors and Damage Caps.

Roland
    From level 1~9: Fires 2 volleys. each volley contains 10 missiles and each missile deals up to 150K damage
    At level 10: Fires 3 volleys, each volley contains 10 shells, each shell deals 164,500 damage
    Total damage before reloading= (Damage per missile 164,500) x (30 missiles) = 4,935,000
    Damage Per Second (DPS)=
    [Dmg per shell x No. of shells] ÷ [ (RoF x No. of volleys) + Reload Time

Heroic means that he's equipped with all 3 heroic tech. Sometimes I use the Zombifier tech, especially vs buildings.

♦ Hammers (Roland) and custom Cyclops (Polly) have always been the perfect bait to absorb AoE damage from Overwatch turrets and Billy-Goats.

At level 10, Roland can absorb up to 22 Billy-goat volleys like a boss! (He was equipped with Heroic tech but no Diamond)

As you see, he almost destroyed the CC after the 3rd volley. I'm sure he could have done it if the Diamond tech was maxed.
    (Thanks to Axel for helping with this test)

Died after 14 shots from the Prophet

Died after 56 direct shots from the DS
    DPR of a level 20 DS is 1,950,000 x 56 shots = 109,200,000... of course we don't know the Darkstorm's damage modifiers vs heavy vehicles, but based on Roland's HP alone, he only received 85% of that damage.

♦ Removed his Heroic training, which adds a 50% resistance to Burst, and tested again vs a DS

Died after 28 shots

♦ Roland (Heroic + Diamond III) vs Full platoon of level 20 Vindicators & level 5 Sunder

♦ Roland (Heroic + Diamond III) vs level 21 Elite War Rig (I don't have the Omega, so I used 2 Rigs to compensate)

Killed both Rigs but lost around 40% of his health

Died after 59 volleys and 4 shells (total of 358 shells x 297,500 damage=106,505,000)
    Roland has a 15,750,00 HP, and only received ~85% of that damage.

♦ Roland (Heroic + Diamond III) vs Full platoon of level 20 Phalanx with max Diamond
    No comment. lol

Died after 34 shots. impressive!

Died after 11 shots
    Roland and Hammers can run over enemy units and buildings to destroy them. Honestly I'm disappointed at how underwhelming this ability at max level.

Zombifier
    -Roland's zombifier spawns huge number of zombies at once due to his wide splash radius (followed by Sunder & Oren).  
    -Zombies can also spawn from units\buildings that were run over by Roland's treads.
    • First when you kill the units and turn them into zombies
    • When those zombies are killed by the enemy.
    -Zombies can also infect\kill other units\buildings and help you get generate more Warlust.
    -Zombies that spawn from killing units (Nightmares, Ultra tanks, Bighorns,..etc) are more durable than zombies that spawn from buildings.
    I LOVE YOU MAN !! LOL.  YOU ALWAYS COME UP WITH THE BEST AND CLEAREST TESTS.  And the presentation of your data is ineradicable!!!!

However, a couple of things about your data table I'm not sure of... 

I don't think it is "DAMAGE PER SHELL".  I think it is still supposed to be "DAMAGE PER SHOT" with a shot being the same as a volley for a unit like this that fires multiple shells. So one volley ( group ) of shells collectively will produce 165,500 damage not 165,500 per shell.  I know in the pop-up description it says both Damage Per Shot and Damage per Round

But I think this was written with only units that shot a single shell at a time in mind.. In which case the the two phrases have the same meaning.  But if were thinking of units that shoot multi shells per shot then the two phrases are completely Different and therefore contradictory to each other.  The only logic conclusion is they were ONLY thinking of a single shell shooter when they wrote the description. 

Now there is no way for us to know when it comes to units like Roland that shoot multi shells per shot if they stuck with the numbers for the actual name of the data, Damage per Shot ( collective damage of the shells ) which again is what the actual category data field or if they are ignoring what it is actually supposed to be as written and giving you Damage Per Shell instead. 

So I don't know about your Total Damage per Clip data.

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• TroyW
    TroyW
    WC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,769
    By the way I should move all the video tests to Roland's Additional Video wiki page. 

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    MX36 said:
    Axel L said:

I would probably go for Roland as he is actually one of my most used heroes in WC at this point. He was for instance a frequent contender for fighting the Onyx troops as he has the high priority status and the ability to deal lethal amount of damage.
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord

@TroyW said:
    MX36 said:

Why Roland?

DPS Breakdown:
    Hammers fire one volley of 7 missiles, then take 5 seconds to reload. They fire at a random zigzag pattern. and that's why their shells can bypass Adaptive Armors and Damage Caps.

Roland
    From level 1~9: Fires 2 volleys. each volley contains 10 missiles and each missile deals up to 150K damage
    Total damage before reloading= (Damage per missile 164,500) x (30 missiles) = 4,935,000
    Damage Per Second (DPS)=
    [Dmg per shell x No. of shells] ÷ [ (RoF x No. of volleys) + Reload Time ] 

(Spoiler)

(Spoiler)

(Spoiler)

(Spoiler)

(Spoiler)

(Spoiler)

(Spoiler)

(Spoiler)

(Spoiler)

No comment. lol
    (Spoiler)

(Spoiler)

(Spoiler)

(Spoiler)

Zombifier
    * First when you kill the units and turn them into zombies
    * When those zombies are killed by the enemy.

I LOVE YOU MAN !! LOL.  YOU ALWAYS COME UP WITH THE BEST AND CLEAREST TESTS.  And the presentation of your data is ineradicable!!!!

However, a couple of things about your data table I'm not sure of... 

I don't think it is "DAMAGE PER SHELL".  I think it is still supposed to be "DAMAGE PER SHOT" with a shot being the same as a volley for a unit like this that fires multiple shells. So one volley ( group ) of shells collectively will produce 165,500 damage not 165,500 per shell.  I know in the pop-up description it says both Damage Per Shot and Damage per Round

But I think this was written with only units that shot a single shell at a time in mind.. In which case the the two phrases have the same meaning.  But if were thinking of units that shoot multi shells per shot then the two phrases are completely Different and therefore contradictory to each other.  The only logic conclusion is they were ONLY thinking of a single shell shooter when they wrote the description. 

Now there is no way for us to know when it comes to units like Roland that shoot multi shells per shot if they stuck with the numbers for the actual name of the data, Damage per Shot ( collective damage of the shells ) which again is what the actual category data field or if they are ignoring what it is actually supposed to be as written and giving you Damage Per Shell instead. 

Do the the math. It's per shell.

• Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord

Not counting time actually firing for level 5: 94k*2/5.75 seconds = 32.7k DPS per shell.

The stats counting firing time says more like 28.9k DPS per shell to get the 289k DPS advertised.

• MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord

How about what you said and never missing his target like Nyx's talent?

That would make him more dangerous to Phalanx & Techs than he already is. I like that.. They could also add something like +25 range and higher resistance to AoE or Burst damage, which would make him the Legendary Hellfire of PvE.
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    TroyW said:
    But I think this was written with only units that shot a single shell at a time in mind.. In which case the two phrases have the same meaning.  But if were thinking of units that shoot multi shells per shot then the two phrases are completely Different and therefore contradictory to each other.  The only logic conclusion is they were ONLY thinking of a single shell shooter when they wrote the description.  

Now there is no way for us to know when it comes to units like Roland that shoot multi shells per shot if they stuck with the numbers for the actual name of the data, Damage per Shot ( collective damage of the shells ) which again is what the actual category data field or if they are ignoring what it is actually supposed to be as written and giving you Damage Per Shell instead. 

Thank you!
    That's what I think as well. It's 2018 and DPS UI is still too simple and doesn't cover all the details that have direct effect on that number (Details such as: volleys\shells, charge-up and lock-on times, secondary weapons damage, etc).
    They're ignoring those stats and restricting themselves to only using the ones that are currently written in the UI. 

Regarding Roland's stats and total damage per clip:
    Clip Size
     and Fire Rate are per volley, but Damage Per Shot is per shell and here's why:
    Lets say that Roland only fires and reloads (ignore RoF and No. of volleys\shells). Roland empty his clip dealing [X] amount of damage, then reload for 5 seconds. so his DPS would be like this:
    DPSX ÷ 5
    680,690 = X ÷ 5
    X= 680,690 * 5 = 3,403,450
    Roland's average Damage Per 1 Second is 680,690. and in order for that number to be correct, his total clip damage X needs to be over 3,4 million. now if you take into account his RoF times, the X number will be even higher, since his firing cycle takes 7.25 seconds now instead of 5.

Would be great if we could get a confirmation from KIX abuot those damage per shell\volley numbers.