I'm a whale and I am about to quit playing.

Oakborn
Oakborn
Potential Threat
Joined May 2012 Posts: 27
edited 11 Jul 2018, 8:13PM
To all involved,

I've been an active BP player since 2011. I'm lv 119. Over the past two years, I have spent between $20 and $30 a month on the game as this was a great strategic mmo.
Over the past week, casual players have been taking my base whereas before only the best of the best could (because I've earned that right by spending years to gain the experience necessary to understand what was needed in this game to make a great base) but now that this effort means nothing - because some players were too lazy or incompetent to simply count, I'm likely putting in my resignation letter and taking my money elsewhere.
I think I can speak for many when I say, I didn't spend years learning the game just so new players who are not inclined to learn can perform just as well as those who are.
Instead of listening to the player base, the Devs chose to throw the strategic element of the game (the very reason why this little Flash-based game has persisted and grown over the years) right out the window; ultimately putting the final nail in the Battle Pirates coffin. We went from 12,000 people participating in raids a year ago to 2500.  Now, with this asinine turret nerf, this game has become Mafia Wars where a player with a pick-up and an uzi can and will take the base of another player who's defended by 32 armored SUVs equipped with mini-guns and rpgs.
Bravo.
All power is a side-effect of research.
  • xXMorphineXx
    xXMorphineXx
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 46
    edited 11 Jul 2018, 9:03PM
    Oakborn said:
    To all involved,

I've been an active BP player since 2011. I'm lv 119. Over the past two years, I have spent between $20 and $30 a month on the game as this was a great strategic mmo.
    Over the past week, casual players have been taking my base whereas before only the best of the best could (because I've earned that right by spending years to gain the experience necessary to understand what was needed in this game to make a great base) but now that this effort means nothing - because some players were too lazy or incompetent to simply count, I'm likely putting in my resignation letter and taking my money elsewhere.
    I think I can speak for many when I say, I didn't spend years learning the game just so new players who are not inclined to learn can perform just as well as those who are.
    Instead of listening to the player base, the Devs chose to throw the strategic element of the game (the very reason why this little Flash-based game has persisted and grown over the years) right out the window; ultimately putting the final nail in the Battle Pirates coffin. We went from 12,000 people participating in raids a year ago to 2500.  Now, with this asinine turret nerf, this game has become Mafia Wars where a player with a pick-up and an uzi can and will take the base of another player who's defended by 32 armored SUVs equipped with mini-guns and rpgs.
    Bravo.
    100% agree on this. Can't have a business without customers, 1st and foremost, said company has to actually listen to the ppl that are paying and playing, time after time things and ppl are being ignored, stuff being constantly nerfed to all hell (coins scheme). Uri is just gawd awful to get anymore since that was nerfed, nonstop repairing fleets even when doing simple things, Research and Development very ever works at all, again every other update or patch it gets messed up and can not do anything about it. Bases are worthless to defend or build now, spend all the time building and such, player comes in and just 1 shots the entire area for the most part, even the coiners and high lvl ppl seeing this, i mean what is defense to kix? Rarely see anyone working on them anymore, just working on fleets for the most part. List is long and many have been polite and asking for solutions and so forth, but getting the silent treatment, Same goes for tickets, All in all, lots are trying to stay with this game, but every other day it just keeps getting worse. Good luck to all, and Good speed Oak. 
    War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

• Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,077
    20/30 dollars a month doesnt get anywhere near the whale status..    for one..

If you, as you have said, spent years learning this game then you wouldnt be getting walked by " casual players ".  You would know exactly what you need to do to your base to keep people out.
    Im 119 just like you.. been playing for just as long..

During bounty I was in teh same world wit SDS7 and a couple other big hitter alliances..  I was hit maybe 50ish times.  Hell my base was on a timer from some of them to come hit me. 

2 people from SDS7 broke me. in the middle of the night after high 40% fails and I wasnt online to repair.    NOT saying my base is fool proof, cause there is a magic fleet that walks me ( **** padre prince )..   BUT the casual people like you say, do not stand a chance..

Why didnt you modify your base after ( well before ) the turret change? 
    Why havent you spent all those whaler coins, on your guard to stop these casuals hitting your base? 

Simple fact is, it seems like you depended on teh turrets to have a strong base.    Once those were changed, you like everyone else who depended on them are left out in the cold.

• steve.smith.37266136
    steve.smith.37266136
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 97
    What don't you want?
  • Oakborn
    Oakborn
    Potential Threat
    edited 11 Jul 2018, 10:12PM
    In response to Joe,
    Dude. You are assuming a lot. Many people turn to me for base defense because it's that involved. There are no base defense options that I am not exploiting. Until this turret nerf, my base has been taken twice since the t7 conquerors debuted. TWICE.
    We grind uranium to make a better base and basers.
    We grind titanium to make a better base and basers.
    We grind base parts to make a better base.
    We do TLCs to make a better base and basers.
    We do raids to make a better base and basers.
    We do bounty to make a better base and basers.
    Other than the people who play BP for social hour, what they just did killed half of the reason most play the game.
    At the end of the day, it is what it is. Many have quit. Many more are going to quit and it's because of my love for this game that I chose to take time out of my day to publicly address my complaints in the off chance it gets back to the lead dev - if there even is one any more.
  • whatever11
    whatever11
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 168
    Lv 107 ish, a low-coiner,any good hitter can get in, but if i was a whale ( then i could coin fleets ,ect) not many wood get in as i can see how to stop most fleets, use right gaurd & turrent & base layout & only the best will get in unlike before turrent nurf where any dumb coiner had invicable bases
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,077
    Oakborn said:
    In response to Joe,
    Dude. You are assuming a lot. Many people turn to me for base defense because it's that involved. There are no base defense options that I am not exploiting. Until this turret nerf, my base has been taken twice since the t7 conquerors debuted. TWICE.
    We grind uranium to make a better base and basers.
    We grind titanium to make a better base and basers.
    We grind base parts to make a better base.
    We do TLCs to make a better base and basers.
    We do raids to make a better base and basers.
    We do bounty to make a better base and basers.
    Other than the people who play BP for social hour, what they just did killed half of the reason most play the game.
    At the end of the day, it is what it is. Many have quit. Many more are going to quit and it's because of my love for this game that I chose to take time out of my day to publicly address my complaints in the off chance it gets back to the lead dev - if there even is one any more.
    I did not assume anything.. I everything I said was based off your first post..

Your quote..
    Over the past week, casual players have been taking my base whereas before only the best of the best could
    and this
    Until this turret nerf, my base has been taken twice since the t7 conquerors debuted. TWICE

I am going to call BS to everything when you post like this..   You do not need the turrets to defend your base.  When T7 Conqs were released, how were we stopping them..  Its the same now.   You do not need the turrets to stop the T7 conqs.    Everything I said comes from your own words.   See quote number 2..  Until this change in the Turrets you were taken twice..  You were depending on OP turrets.  JUST like I said in my first reply.   You specifically called out being rolled by the casuals..  IE you couldnt keep a top end player out even if you wanted to.    These are your words not mine.. 

Everything you said, was said the first week after the turret change by the dozen..  People who were depending on the turrets to defend, now getting rolled..     IF you were exploiting all defense options, then you would not be getting rolled by casuals..   Simple fact.

• Oakborn
    Oakborn
    Potential Threat
    Kixeye has betrayed their loyal customer base with false advertisements and unilateral downgrades; making bases practically indefensible. Perhaps some enjoy being smashed by incompetent players and/or smashing others that they couldn't before but I do not. I prefer to earn my victories. - Not one more red cent from me.
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,148

I’m sure that 30$ a month will kill their bottom line.

You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 410
    Oakborn said:
    Kixeye has betrayed their loyal customer base with false advertisements and unilateral downgrades; making bases practically indefensible. Perhaps some enjoy being smashed by incompetent players and/or smashing others that they couldn't before but I do not. I prefer to earn my victories. - Not one more red cent from me.
    False advertisements?  They telegraphed a fix well in advance for once, and then executed on it.  And the current turrets are STILL the strongest of their respective niche, even if you can't just lolstack 8 and gib everyone who comes at your base.  I will say, PVP definitely swung more in favor of attackers with the turret fix, no doubt.  However, to say bases are "practically indefensible" is garbage rhetoric.  If others can manage to keep the masses out, I guarantee you can too.  Or, rather, could if you knew how to build a base using anything other than the crutch of OP turrets.
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,795
    While I sympathize with your sentiment and agree with you on almost all points made, 20-30$ a month isn't a wale not even close to get they status you need like 100-300$ a week on the game or more.
  • kara.turner.31193
    kara.turner.31193
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 128
    Oakborn said:
    To all involved,

Bravo.
    you are not a whale i spend same as you and i am no whale i am lvl 119 i get beat by good hitters like elmo wicked rage i dont get walked by causal players thats forsure and if i did wouldnt complain i fined away to change that as long as i keep 90% to 95% out base i happy you cant stop them all a good hitter will work out how to get in and keep trying different ways in.