tony.dunlap.54
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 334
    I think it should be leveled higher.
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,399

How have ale you guys failed to see that the tyrant is doing exactly what it supposed to do. It is a marauder, a bully, a thief, a ship of a skilled high end pilot. It’s like all you guys are demanding that they nerf the millennium falcon

-Git Gud 
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 657

@Revann said:
    How have ale you guys failed to see that the tyrant is doing exactly what it supposed to do. It is a marauder, a bully, a thief, a ship of a skilled high end pilot. It’s like all you guys are demanding that they nerf the millennium falcon

"Skilled high end pilot"? Dude, there's no skill in using a Tyrant, it's the exact opposite. You fly backwards and kill everything chasing you. Using a Tormentor requires skill, hence why no one is complaining about it having Scourge Fuel.

• tony.dunlap.54
    tony.dunlap.54
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 334
    Its capable of easily killing higher leveled ships, so its level should be raised.
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,399

@Daniel Rose said:

@Revann said:

"Skilled high end pilot"? Dude, there's no skill in using a Tyrant, it's the exact opposite. You fly backwards and kill everything chasing you. Using a Tormentor requires skill, hence why no one is complaining about it having Scourge Fuel.

You’re still failing to see it. The tyrant is performing EXACTLY as intended.

-Git Gud 
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 589
    tyrant is a ship given to every plebs who want to do PvP but has no flying skill .

all you need to do is press the left click on the opposite direction of the enemy and sometimes slowdown ....
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Revann said:

@Daniel Rose said:

@Revann said:

You’re still failing to see it. The tyrant is performing EXACTLY as intended.

No, you are failing to see that this ship is just another nail in the coffin of Vega Conflict. It is undeniably unbalanced and anyone who isn't captivated by its power can see that. It is broken, and instead of fixing it Kixeye are capitalizing on it because they give zero sh*ts about balancing anymore. If you want to use it, that's fine, it's a part of the game now. But don't kid yourself into thinking that it takes any semblance of skill to use or that it makes you a good pilot.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,132
    put a tier 1cutter w/ rear 5 behind a destroyer and u kill it simple, more speed? add a midguard...
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Saladman
    Saladman
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 408
    My 3 account have Vins with heavy twinfires. I usually can dodge the redeemers... close tha gap and kill the tyrants taking minimal damage.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    put a tier 1cutter w/ rear 5 behind a destroyer and u kill it simple, more speed? add a midguard...
    The fact that you need a specific fleet just to damage a certain ship is proof to it being way too overpowered.
    Saladman said:
    My 3 account have Vins with heavy twinfires. I usually can dodge the redeemers... close tha gap and kill the tyrants taking minimal damage.
    Really? Impressive because I have an entire fleet of them a still take at least an hour's worth of damage because I can't seem to dodge the homing Redeemer missiles.
  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,286
    Can you provide the video of the tyrant in action so we can see how overpower it perform?

• Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Can you provide the video of the tyrant in action so we can see how overpower it perform?
    Have you seriously never seen a Tyrant in combat? What rock have you been hiding under and is there room for two under it? :P
  • Willyster
    Willyster
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 895
    Saladman said:
    Twinfire Beam sucks. Use Bombardment Torpedo.
  • Willyster
    Willyster
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 895
    The fact that you need a specific fleet just to damage a certain ship is proof to it being way too overpowered.
    Saladman said:
    Really? Impressive because I have an entire fleet of them a still take at least an hour's worth of damage because I can't seem to dodge the homing Redeemer missiles.
    Use Liberator Destroyers.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Willyster said:
    Saladman said:
    Twinfire Beam sucks. Use Bombardment Torpedo.
    Either you are joking or have never used Bombardment Torpedoes/Twinfire Beams.
    Willyster said:
    Saladman said:
    Use Liberator Destroyers.
    My point still stands, you shouldn't need a specific ship class just to damage a ship. That's absurd, all ships should be able to have a shot against all other ships and the skill of the pilots is what should determine the winner.
  • neon wolf
    neon wolf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 68
    My point still stands, you shouldn't need a specific ship class just to damage a ship. That's absurd, all ships should be able to have a shot against all other ships and the skill of the pilots is what should determine the winner.
    Furys, Raptures, Zeals, Lances and now Tyrants all disagree with that statement. when those ships were first released they were practically unbeatable unless you had the right fleet to combat it. they were all thought to be game breaking yet here we are still playing the same game. if you dont like the way the game works you can just hide in your base and let the big boys play. im sure some tech will be released eventually to combat it so just hang out till that happens.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    neon wolf said:
    Furys, Raptures, Zeals, Lances and now Tyrants all disagree with that statement. when those ships were first released they were practically unbeatable unless you had the right fleet to combat it. they were all thought to be game breaking yet here we are still playing the same game. if you dont like the way the game works you can just hide in your base and let the big boys play. im sure some tech will be released eventually to combat it so just hang out till that happens.
    Unbeatable is different from undamageable. That's the problem. This ship is unbalanced. Period. And that should be fixed, because unbalanced ships are bad for games. Period. If people weren't so happy that they can finally win PvP, more would see how big of an issue this is.
  • neon wolf
    neon wolf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 68
    neon wolf said:
    Unbeatable is different from undamageable. That's the problem. This ship is unbalanced. Period. And that should be fixed, because unbalanced ships are bad for games. Period. If people weren't so happy that they can finally win PvP, more would see how big of an issue this is.
    i get what your saying and im telling you kixeye already has a history of introducing unbalanced ships so they arent going to fix something they dont see as broken. the problem will fix itself in a few generations of tech.
  • Hella Wicked
    Hella Wicked
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 169

Anybody else see a player using a bunch of harmonic chase vindicators to give the tyrant bonus speed?

• Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain

@neon wolf said:
    Daniel Rose said:

neon wolf said:

Daniel Rose said:

i get what your saying and im telling you kixeye already has a history of introducing unbalanced ships so they arent going to fix something they dont see as broken. the problem will fix itself in a few generations of tech.

Kixeye also has a history of nerfi -sorry, "fixing"- ships that are extremely popular after the amount of people buying them has dropped or right before a new faction comes out. For example, the Punisher Disintegrator "bug" right before T6.5 started and the Bastion Overdrive nerf after it had been out for a few months and people had coined their bases to make them. I'm expecting them to do this to the Tyrant any time now as the next tier of Marauders is coming out.

• EQUINOX 600
    EQUINOX 600
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 756
    neon wolf said:
    Well see there is the difference Furys, Raptures, Zeals, Lances while powerful in the day all had one or more weaknesses, the fury for example was slow and limited fire arc , raptures where fast in a forward motion but slow in strafe and not much more mass than apocs and limited fire arc , zeals not really over powered but the weapons used were but again slow and limited fire meant you could out fly with skill, much like furys back in the day a skilled person could kill them with hawks, Tyrants on the other hand have no weakness they are fast , 360 fire arc , insane range and weapons that do not miss
    This is just a test
2»