Why are you making the FM so hard

WatchMan MUG
WatchMan MUG
Skilled Warrior
Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 572
The original intention of the FM was to allow lower level players and returning players to get back up to speed.

By making the FM harder you just lose more players, I fail to understand your logic.  

We need players to grow and be able to compete in the game.

or the game dies.
LVL 124

I could agree with you, then we would both be wrong. 
  • Carlo DeNauw
    Carlo DeNauw
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 4,035
    The original intention of the FM was to allow lower level players and returning players to get back up to speed.

By making the FM harder you just lose more players, I fail to understand your logic.  

or the game dies.
    I think they lost the understanding of what the FM means to the playing community. With some players publicly saying they are ok with damage levels as they are, Kix is going to use that as justification for any escalation. I bet dragon bane will have a vid up on tfc within the week of release so everyone can at least have an idea of what to do... or not if he flops.
    "I'll admit- I avoid the forums, it's where motivation goes to die."
    -Unknown Game Developer... or is it?
  • kopo.loko.9
    kopo.loko.9
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 53
    FM damage seems fine, build better Icebreakers.
  • Alex11111
    Alex11111
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 704

or the game dies.
    They want your coin, isn't it obvious YET?
  • Goddes of Night
    Goddes of Night
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 41
    Nitromthn said:
    they dont care if you play or dont if your new or old player if you love the game or hate it. actually they dont care about you opinion. they only care if you will coin and if you dont want to they want to force you to. the funny part if they would listen they might just save the game and get new players to coin and everyone enjoy it again.. but they wont so dont bother asking .. its a waste of time.. my best advice is if you want to play then play if you want to quit then quit.. if you want to coin have at it.. but dont expect anything you say to matter... it dont 
    This is accurate I remember something about a job description being screw the players pretty much and their only job was to get data and find ways to increase profits i mean come on kix i get your humans too but so are we i know we will never get things like 5 second build times or little damage on targets but you need to be reasonable look at epic games or Riot games and how they listen to the player margins Just listen to us and you will be rewarded m8s Cheers
  • Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 690
    the only line they look at is the bottom one     money first/last and forever
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257

or the game dies.
    I think they lost the understanding of what the FM means to the playing community. With some players publicly saying they are ok with damage levels as they are, Kix is going to use that as justification for any escalation. I bet dragon bane will have a vid up on tfc within the week of release so everyone can at least have an idea of what to do... or not if he flops.
    thats all i do these days - copy that dragonbane guy's builds, and everything is pretty much a cake walk.
  • Albert.E.Roberts
    Albert.E.Roberts
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 603
    I may seam like a broken record but when meany of us started there were low level FM targets doable without asking for help using just research tech The reason I am most given when a new player quits is that they feel excluded from FM and raids. I try to help new players but they want to be able to progress on there own .T1 in the FM they can win a pun and build tokens but to use this they must have a base large enough to hold the required res 
    so growing too quickly and becoming farms and getting discouraged that way.I know that things evolve but forgetting the new and inexperienced players the very ones we want to shear our addiction we may be killing the future geese to lay the golden eggs.
  • mark.matthews.94
    mark.matthews.94
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 486
    Its a business - plain and simple. 
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 977
    Seriously whats so hard about the FM?  If you dont have the fleet to hit the top end targets then hit something lower 111's are 150 k each and if you dont get all that you want in pp5 hey guess what itll be there next week.Kixeye isnt in the business just to hand out stuff theyre spose to keep it challenging granted they do go overboard alot but we've adapted before 
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,137

or the game dies.
    What do you consider to be hard about the current FM?
    There are videos out showing how to build the fleets and how to attack the targets.
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • Albert.E.Roberts
    Albert.E.Roberts
    Strike-force Captain

or the game dies.
    There are videos out showing how to build the fleets and how to attack the targets.
    As a lvl 9 how do you do FM targets?
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,046
    if they didnt change things the game would die. its not just the lower lvls that have to adapt to new challenges. higher levels have to figure it out and do refits etc. it affects everybody and new challenges gives you something to aim for imho.
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Incursion Leader

or the game dies.
    The same way the level 50 weighing in on this conversation does.....
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • Albert.E.Roberts
    Albert.E.Roberts
    Strike-force Captain
    if they didnt change things the game would die. its not just the lower lvls that have to adapt to new challenges. higher levels have to figure it out and do refits etc. it affects everybody and new challenges gives you something to aim for imho.
    I agree that the game must evolve but the new players are leaving ,Im lucky I joined the game when the FM had targets as low as a 3 and were doable with longboats that keeped me interested until my knowledge and skill level improved .Yes I will change to stay in the game but if we do not encourage the new players  why can the little guys not have low lvl targets again it will not affect us older players but may keep new players in the game.
  • Albert.E.Roberts
    Albert.E.Roberts
    Strike-force Captain

or the game dies.
    I`m afraid you misunderstand me my friend I was asking what ships you had that were able to do say a lvl 40 by the way I am a lvl 103   
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,200
    bort said:

or the game dies.
    thats all i do these days - copy that dragonbane guy's builds, and everything is pretty much a cake walk.
    so all your ranting about playing a strategy game is just trolling? 

Since the only strategy you use is to copy someone else.

GTFOH
  • orioles506
    orioles506
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 261
    death is imminent but never has to be hurried, they seem to not understand that at all
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Incursion Leader

or the game dies.
    I`m afraid you misunderstand me my friend I was asking what ships you had that were able to do say a lvl 40 by the way I am a lvl 103   
    A lot like we used to do level 27 FM targets back in the day.....build the minimum fleet capable and grind away however many weeks it will take to start moving up.  It's not rocket science, but it isn't instant gratification either.....
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    Seriously whats so hard about the FM?  If you dont have the fleet to hit the top end targets then hit something lower 111's are 150 k each and if you dont get all that you want in pp5 hey guess what itll be there next week.Kixeye isnt in the business just to hand out stuff theyre spose to keep it challenging granted they do go overboard alot but we've adapted before 
    obviously not read that they are going away then?