sub sector bases

Night King 18
Night King 18
Greenhorn
Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 5
how in the hell do you think we can kill a level 120 base too finish r and d if 1 fleet die in seconds thanks kix

• cascat
    cascat
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 393
    i stopped my R & D gave up on it almost give up on the game 
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 17,229
    how in the hell do you think we can kill a level 120 base too finish r and d if 1 fleet die in seconds thanks kix

Just like before, you go in first and hide and a friend comes in and completes it for you.
  • msantosjr
    msantosjr
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 97
    Also you you can weigh-in what you can gain for completing the R&D level vs. the effort you need to put(or do or build) for such completion.
    from there, for sure, you will have an answer as to how?
  • xXMorphineXx
    xXMorphineXx
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 51
    chopsy said:
    Laredo said:

Just like before, you go in first and hide and a friend comes in and completes it for you.
    That's pretty sad.  What kind of sense of accomplishment will we feel when we have to beg another player to help us progress?  Many high level players can't even complete these targets without massive damage so if they tell you that you're crazy for asking don't take it personally. 

I totally agree on this 100%. It's a piss poor answer tbh, sure friends can help but they get annoyed every single sec doing this. A lot of ppl like to enjoy games and do stuff for themselves and learn and all that. I mean that's the point of a game right? All in all ppl know what is going on here. I'm just going to leave it at this. 
    War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

• Glitchomancy
    Glitchomancy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 323
    Not that I like the way it is but RnD was brought in as end game content for those without much to do and with all the top of the line ships
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    chopsy said:
    Laredo said:

That's pretty sad.  What kind of sense of accomplishment will we feel when we have to beg another player to help us progress?  Many high level players can't even complete these targets without massive damage so if they tell you that you're crazy for asking don't take it personally. 

I totally agree on this 100%. It's a piss poor answer tbh, sure friends can help but they get annoyed every single sec doing this. A lot of ppl like to enjoy games and do stuff for themselves and learn and all that. I mean that's the point of a game right? All in all ppl know what is going on here. I'm just going to leave it at this. 
    This is a social strategy game.  You can use that to your advantage or sit back and wallow in the misery of not having the tech to do it and wait till you do have it in which case the R&D requirements more than likely will be moved out of your reach again.  It's your choice as to how you want to play the game.  Personally, I've helped my smaller alli mate bases that doesn't have the tech to complete the SSRB requirements for R&D.  They were thankful I was willing to help them.
  • Mike Rogers43
    Mike Rogers43
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1
    Laredo said:
    chopsy said:
    Laredo said:

This is a social strategy game.  You can use that to your advantage or sit back and wallow in the misery of not having the tech to do it and wait till you do have it in which case the R&D requirements more than likely will be moved out of your reach again.  It's your choice as to how you want to play the game.  Personally, I've helped my smaller alli mate bases that doesn't have the tech to complete the SSRB requirements for R&D.  They were thankful I was willing to help them.
    Easy (I should say cheap) for you as being a moderator you gets free coins and I'm sure bonus buffs to your ships. Try looking at it froma  true players persepctive
  • cripple leg dawg
    cripple leg dawg
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 336
    Laredo said:
    chopsy said:
    Laredo said:

wow laredo,for a second there i thought SPECS was back

getting tired of this by any chance?
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    This is another feature that is offered as co-op to help smaller players progress through R&D.  This co-op feature was implemented for SSBs also before it changed to SSRBs.  I'm having a hard time understanding why doing something co-op is all of a sudden bad when there have been hundreds if not thousands of request from players asking for more co-op objectives and content to help players who either are to small or don't have the tech advance in the game complete these tasks.  So maybe you can understand my frustration as to why I commented as I did since after all players want the right to speak their minds as long as they don't break any rules in the process.
  • ogrish
    ogrish
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 95
    Laredo I think he's just saying its kinda embarrassing to have to go hat in hand to ask friends for help on this when its not easy for them to do either now.  It is a coop thing and its the ONLY way the low level folks can advance on R&D.  I had to do this when I was low level and its not fun having to admit your kung fu is no good.  Also I think some of it is frustration that all the other objectives in R&D can be done standalone.  
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    ogrish said:
    Laredo I think he's just saying its kinda embarrassing to have to go hat in hand to ask friends for help on this when its not easy for them to do either now.  It is a coop thing and its the ONLY way the low level folks can advance on R&D.  I had to do this when I was low level and its not fun having to admit your kung fu is no good.  Also I think some of it is frustration that all the other objectives in R&D can be done standalone.  
    The whole point of alliances is to help each other, not just to enjoy the alli point bonuses without contributing.
  • Rammstein
    Rammstein
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 375
    With the SSRBs being shoehorned into R&D the progression just no longer makes sense. At level four you have to destroy something many that requires a fleet of five skulled highest end fleets. At level seven you have to do a campaign that unlocks at level 44. Other levels are pull in res and do some repairs or destroy an 89 Garrison. The only part that’s end game content for high end fleets is the SSRBs.
    I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Rammstein said:
    With the SSRBs being shoehorned into R&D the progression just no longer makes sense. At level four you have to destroy something many that requires a fleet of five skulled highest end fleets. At level seven you have to do a campaign that unlocks at level 44. Other levels are pull in res and do some repairs or destroy an 89 Garrison. The only part that’s end game content for high end fleets is the SSRBs.
    Players said the same thing when R&D was introduced in the first place.  But, the community adapted and was able to defeat the SSBs in short order.  It's just the Skirmish corner of the SSRB that has to be beat, not both corners or in the future all corners.

• joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 834
    ogrish said:
    If your alliance and friends dont want to help then i suggest finding new ones of both
  • Rammstein
    Rammstein
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 375
    Laredo said:
    Rammstein said:
    Players said the same thing when R&D was introduced in the first place.  But, the community adapted and was able to defeat the SSBs in short order.  It's just the Skirmish corner of the SSRB that has to be beat, not both corners or in the future all corners.

Since you quoted me but didnt actually address what I said, that being the progression doesnt make sense, Im going to take that as tacit acknowledgement that you agree.
    I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.
  • sir sinks alot
    sir sinks alot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 495
    Its certainly not fair that older players like myself  have finished all the R&D with the older easy  targets and new players now have to handle much harder targets to do the same thing ......I said these new Drac bases would screw up R&D for most players as soon as i tried one