Crews.

peter.aldred.549
peter.aldred.549
Potential Threat
Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 62
Can anyone let us know when there are going to be some updated crews to go with fleets we have today?

The only crew worth having is the Grease Monkey Crew and getting them is like finding a Genie in a bottle lol.

Some of the crews never come out and I don't even know what they do?

Please at least give us a fighting chance with some newer and better crews?
  • rayden
    rayden
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,212
    most still useful    lucky bastards  useless   dragon slayers my favorite for the 15% turn and 15% reload on drac hulls such as MC    
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,332
    Can anyone let us know when there are going to be some updated crews to go with fleets we have today?

The only crew worth having is the Grease Monkey Crew and getting them is like finding a Genie in a bottle lol.

Yu are overlooking a few crews in there that are still valuable. 
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • gypsyvixcent
    gypsyvixcent
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 276
    They were going to be doing this a loooong time ago, alog with all the other stuff that needs sorting,.
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,544
    They are years behind on the crews. New content is more important to kix than keeping content current.

I don't like grease monkey or other crews that increase combat speed based upon damage taken. You end up with a fleet all moving at different speeds and that can mess you up bad in battle.

I do like steelheads, salty's, and junkyard dogs.

I do not like rolling for "random" results. We should be hiring which pirate crews we want, not rolling dice to see what comes up.
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172

forget crews please

You have to remember if they bring out NEW crews they will not be optional :(
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 13,566
    The last mention of anything related to crew updates was several months ago. There has not been anything said recently about it.
  • peter.aldred.549
    peter.aldred.549
    Potential Threat
    The last mention of anything related to crew updates was several months ago. There has not been anything said recently about it.
    So what exactly does that mean? Because I'm the only one asking about it your just going to ignore me out of hand, nice, thx a lot lol.

• Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 690
    Peter; the mod's are not ignoring you out of hand, it's just that they have the same info that we the players have. So if there is no new info about crews coming from kix then there is no new info for the mod's to relay
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    new crews just mean tougher targets. i prefer not having to roll for new crews.
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    bort said:
    new crews just mean tougher targets. i prefer not having to roll for new crews.
    ^ this
  • cascat
    cascat
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 411
    death from above works well with skys drones are more mean, But like the good crews getting them is like winning the lotto 
  • Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 497
    So what exactly does that mean? Because I'm the only one asking about it your just going to ignore me out of hand, nice, thx a lot lol.

Given your clear sense of entitlement, not to mention your victim complex, I hope for the mods' sake this is the last thread of yours they reply to.  Good grief.
  • peter.aldred.549
    peter.aldred.549
    Potential Threat

@peter.aldred.549 said:
    Templar614 said:

What it means is there hasn’t been any update or additional information about updating crews for several months. So beyond GDA or GDR saying they wanted to look at updating crews back in March, there is no further information.

You aren’t the only one asking about it. Requests to update crews have been popping up for at least a year or two at this point.

I am also curious how answering your thread qualifies for ignoring?

Sorry I didn't mean you personally ignoring me, I meant Kix ignoring the issue because only a few people ask about Crews.
  • peter.aldred.549
    peter.aldred.549
    Potential Threat

Given your clear sense of entitlement, not to mention your victim complex, I hope for the mods' sake this is the last thread of yours they reply to.  Good grief.
    Tosh, "sense of entitlement", "victim complex", are you for real, I asked a reasonable question and was just expecting a reasonable answer so if you haven't got something helpful to say keep your thoughts to yourself!!!
  • Brent Myers
    Brent Myers
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 170
    They don't care. As several have said it was talked about and that is all. IF and that is a IF they do it will be made to benefit KIX no matter what folks think, They will make sure they get the advantage and if they don;t they will nerf something so they do. So I would just leave crews alone because so far nothing good has come of months, failed raid after raid proves it along less than 30K of people playing.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
     So I would just leave crews alone because so far nothing good has come of months, .
    did you not play the prior raid series where they basically gave away the top hulls to everyone who put even a small amount of effort into the game?

or the current raid series where all there are tons of build tokens?

or the recent FM with additional entry level ships and tokens?

• michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,544
    Tons of build tokens nobody could afford because they had to spend 40mil to unlock the top to get the 40mil flag. There's 80mil spent already and that doesn't include any of the t7 turrets or other needed tech. Most could not afford tokens after all that other stuff.