Crafting Events: Share your Lottery-Looting results

FreeMann2018
FreeMann2018
Skilled Warrior
Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 332
edited 26 Jun 2018, 6:44PM
Because kixeye refuses to "disclose" the actual percentages of box rewards, I expose mine.

Also, I urge whoever wants to put their results as well.

HUMMMMMmm .. Let me count .. 70 open boxes .. 6 patterns of punisher, for me this is not "lottery", is a "scam to the player"

With these results ... how does Kixeye expect that players can "advance" in their game and have fun with the rain of new content?
image"Don´t bite the hand that feeds you" should be the motto of any legal company
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    VC Mod
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,877
    When I do these, I buy all the boxes (for each ship) and open them in bulk. Sometimes, I get 1 or 2 M4/5 patterns.
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned. | Das... Abscheulich... Ritter...
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,269
    edited 26 Jun 2018, 6:52PM
    ive made polls for this and have a few of when core boxes were introduced,  they will be closed by mods/cms be forewarned

i ask you to go comment in the blackguard crafting thread i have going as the mods seem to think this run of random loot drops is a different mechanic and needs testing, but they refuse to acknowledge no one ever wanted or liked them to begin with, and that this is not an new mechanic that needs testing merely a roadblock for non paying players to get  BG material. The below image shows more than anything weighted drops which is kixeyes standard % drop with these type boxes, you rarely get that which you want.

Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Skilled Warrior
    Antimatter and Mineral resources in "material ship boxs"??? come on kixeye .. that is nothing more than a "cheap" excuse to cut even more the loot of the rest of "useful" materials.
    image"Don´t bite the hand that feeds you" should be the motto of any legal company
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,533
    edited 27 Jun 2018, 6:43AM
    Antimatter and Mineral resources in "material ship boxs"??? come on kixeye .. that is nothing more than a "cheap" excuse to cut even more the loot of the rest of "useful" materials.
    ... or they could just give nothing at all. The resources are more like a consolation prize.

Re: the OP, if AXIS is anything to compare against, then

Mk 2 pattern = 1/5 chance
    Mk 3 pattern = 1/10 chance
    Mk 4 pattern = 1/15 chance
    Mk 5 pattern = 1/20 chance
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader

or they can not dilute the drop pool, or they can remove a feature no one has liked since it got here...  , or they can make it  true equal chance loot pool..
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,104
    Xeno and axis upgrades need to be more common than just once a month for a single ship. Alien strike and crafting event targets have to drop them too.
  • Zero Calling
    Zero Calling
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,070
    Sequestor said:
    Xeno and axis upgrades need to be more common than just once a month for a single ship. Alien strike and crafting event targets have to drop them too.
    Alliance War targets(namely the Marauder Pillager) drops those boxes.
    Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

• Jonathan Hagen
    Jonathan Hagen
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 323

Statistics for how often each item drops for assorted t4 (non-supply run) crafting fleets. Listed by number of times each item dropped (1 = 1 drop of armaments, regardless of amount).

Drop rates for t4 boxes. Started doing this alot more recently, so there isn't as much data. But as is shown, T3 cores are by far the most common, and even t2 is more common than t4. It could be assumed that higher-tier core boxes have even lower drop rates for their tier cores. 

Out of the 4 parts for upgrades, cores of the correct tier are by far the hardest to obtain, including the ability to craft up from lower cores, and we need 4 of them (for t4 upgrades) per upgrade. Core crates should have at least a 50% chance of dropping a core of their respective tier core. (Even with this, we'd still have a gamble on the type of core, so I think it is quite reasonable to request this, especially given the drop rate of the crates themselves in addition).
  • ambarka
    ambarka
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 2
    Kixeye just has a problem with the random number generator. The distribution of their function is not normal. It's obvious who understands a little something in this life and games. For clarity, you can take a regular hexagonal cube and leave it 20 times. Divergence of results in life and in the game will surprise you greatly. Other developers recognize the problems and fix them. And here, nobody cares.
  • Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 687
    here are some stats that I dug up on the VSEC & VEGA supply run fleets from way way back in 2016

YES< I hit a total of 415 APOC fleets and I got ZERO MK5 boxes

• FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Skilled Warrior
    Just another "Crafting Event" go out, this time for Annihilator Battleships ... and the same "Scam Box-Loot" result

Let me count, 70 boxs open, and only 5 mk3 and 3 mk2 patterns get .. the event "Crafting .." must be renamed to "Lottery Crafting Event"
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader

@ambarka said:
    Kixeye just has a problem with the random number generator. The distribution of their function is not normal. It's obvious who understands a little something in this life and games. For clarity, you can take a regular hexagonal cube and leave it 20 times. Divergence of results in life and in the game will surprise you greatly. Other developers recognize the problems and fix them. And here, nobody cares.

I 've been saying they are weighted drops since they got here no one seemed to care , and they are still here , most notable in last AS.

What's worse is kixeye still think it's what players want. Which just screams they don't know anything or are just lying for a reason to keep them. Probably both..
    @cm_lee

• Zero Calling
    Zero Calling
    Incursion Leader
    Just another "Crafting Event" go out, this time for Annihilator Battleships ... and the same "Scam Box-Loot" result

Let me count, 70 boxs open, and only 5 mk3 and 3 mk2 patterns get .. the event "Crafting .." must be renamed to "Lottery Crafting Event"
    2 mk4 patterns for 20 mk4 anni boxes here...

• Zero Calling
    Zero Calling
    Incursion Leader
    Funny how the AXIS Boxes (when you've claimed em all) only provides just enough materials for ONE credit per upgrade.

• FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Skilled Warrior
    New craft event out there ... same c**p as always

From 70 boxes .. I got 1 mk4,3 mk3 and 2 mk2, so 6 patterns from 70 boxes .. the same **** loot, KIXEYE, do you think this benefits you to regain some "credibility" with the players?
  • HarpoonoZenith
    HarpoonoZenith
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 387
    x10 Paladin MK V boxes
    x5 Supressor MK V boxes
    x10 paladin MK IV - II boxes

Image result for **** Kixeye
  • Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,193

@Cyrus Leung said:
    FreeMann2018 said:

... or they could just give nothing at all. The resources are more like a consolation prize.

Re: the OP, if AXIS is anything to compare against, then

Mk 2 pattern = 1/5 chance
    Mk 3 pattern = 1/10 chance
    Mk 4 pattern = 1/15 chance
    Mk 5 pattern = 1/20 chance

I dont think it is, because 3/4 of the game is still the crap lottery version

• Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    40 mk4 suppressor boxes - 0 patterns.
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,399

FYI, this is precisely why they changed to the new drop mechanics starting with axis ships. The drops were too random with xeno. THE DROps for axis became a standard and now the drop method continues that way, you know roughly how many boxes it will take to get mk upgrades, and you’re guarenteed pattern parts out of every box axis and above

-Git Gud 
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician

@Willyster said:
    Funny how the AXIS Boxes (when you've claimed em all) only provides just enough materials for ONE credit per upgrade.

That’s the newish mechanic. It the easiest way to guarantee that after a set number of boxes we would have all the required parts. That was their way of eliminating the random drop chance.

-Git Gud 
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician

@FreeMann2018 said:

Once you get to axis, that **** changes significantly

-Git Gud 
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    I wouldn't recommend anyone bother with xeno ships. Axis isn't harder to get, has better stats and is much faster to refit.
  • Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader

@Revann said:

@FreeMann2018 said:

Once you get to axis, that **** changes significantly

@Sequestor said:
    I wouldn't recommend anyone bother with xeno ships. Axis isn't harder to get, has better stats and is much faster to refit.

This is Kixeyes problem, albiet one of many, but they try to fix stuff going forward, but leave the **** weve been complaining about in the game as is. It could take years to build through T1-5 to get to axis. Or lots of $$$$.

Fix the rest of the games **** crafting system. Regulate and liniarize the timers across lower tiers so progression makes sense. All the rest of the simple **** weve bren asking for years and years.

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Revann said:

FYI, this is precisely why they changed to the new drop mechanics starting with axis ships. The drops were too random with xeno. THE DROps for axis became a standard and now the drop method continues that way, you know roughly how many boxes it will take to get mk upgrades, and you’re guarenteed pattern parts out of every box axis and above

FYI they could have changed xeno drop rates and  crafting at any time,in  variety of very simple logical ways,

-BUT they choose not to.
    One example = the ability to buy select patterns from event stores, gave them that idea over and over but no one wanted to hear it and they ignored it.

They make these difficult choices themselves then ignore the easy logical way of fixing it. In order to frustrate players into spending money
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,651
    The mechanics of MK drops have changed just to avoid this kind of complains, it seems that there is a group of players that strive to find something wrong where there is nothing wrong. MK drop box have changed almost a year ago, live with what was made for the past and move on to the future, who in his mind will waste time to get MK5 on old hulls, should focus on new hulls...unless he just want to complain on the forums
    Revann said:

FYI they could have changed xeno drop rates and  crafting at any time,in  variety of very simple logical ways,

-BUT they choose not to.
    One example = the ability to buy select patterns from event stores, gave them that idea over and over but no one wanted to hear it and they ignored it.

They make these difficult choices themselves then ignore the easy logical way of fixing it. In order to frustrate players into spending money
    You had to post your useless comments also on this thread? ****... I am still looking at some contribution from you on the forums. BTW we noticed you know how to bold sentences
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    I don't  waste time getting old mk5 hulls. And Its great they finally changed.

Point  is that they  knew no one like that system and implemented it anyway, Kixeye saw feed back from players and ways to change it and ignored it, for I guess a year.
    -So we pat them on the back for ignoring logic and player input for a year in pursuit of frustrating players into buying coin deals? NTY
  • FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Skilled Warrior
    Another craft event, another disappointment ... with these results, kixeye believes that players can "move" from one faction to another?

of 70 open boxes, only 5 patterns, what kind of **** lottery is this?
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader

Look above more proof they dont even care to up the drop rate of patterns of outdated ships. dislike all you like but facts are facts.

• Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician

@FreeMann2018 said:
    Another craft event, another disappointment ... with these results, kixeye believes that players can "move" from one faction to another?

of 70 open boxes, only 5 patterns, what kind of **** lottery is this?

Maybe you should be getting the axis stuff instead for when you can use it. Better drop rates

-Git Gud 
  • Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader

@Andrea Nard1 said:
    The mechanics of MK drops have changed just to avoid this kind of complains, it seems that there is a group of players that strive to find something wrong where there is nothing wrong. MK drop box have changed almost a year ago, live with what was made for the past and move on to the future, who in his mind will waste time to get MK5 on old hulls, should focus on new hulls...unless he just want to complain on the forums

Yes they changed crafting boxes a while ago, but there is still a large amount of the game untouched. How do new players get to T6 wothout going through the screwed up T1-5 crafting first?