The Server, unstable!!

2»
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,132
    edited 10 Jul 2018, 3:22AM

It will become an exploit if your suggestion becomes a reality. Whenever someone is going to lose a battle they could just DC themselves and not suffer any loss.

thats funny when i get dc'd from a base attack  or event fleet  I DIE, i dont " not suffer losses" my fleet dies, so how does that even work?
    -that makes no sense.

Im not saying  you get a automatic "stop the battle get out free card",  im saying your fleet stops moving and suiciding on autopilot when you arent connected and able to  control during the DC

you are either  trolling me  on purpose with that response or not understanding  my intent as explained...
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,068
    Im not saying  you get a automatic "stop the battle get out free card",  im saying your fleet stops moving and suiciding on autopilot when you arent connected and able to  control during the DC
    Well, this is fair. But sometimes it's better automatically move and destroy a weak long ranged target rather than stop and wait for 3 minutes while it's slowly killing your fleet. There are always pros and cons.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,132
    Sequestor said:
    Well, this is fair. But sometimes it's better automatically move and destroy a weak long ranged target rather than stop and wait for 3 minutes while it's slowly killing your fleet. There are always pros and cons.
    never have i had this happen, DC results in me loosing my fleet which is a day plus repair, so i still dont see a pro to it? do you have another example im open to them, where if i got DC'd  during a base  event outpost [ and it stopped moving instead of going on auto without my control ] my fleet would be alive and mostly well
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,508

@LilBasterd said:
    Sequestor said:

LilBasterd said:

never have i had this happen, DC results in me loosing my fleet which is a day plus repair, so i still dont see a pro to it? do you have another example im open to them, where if i got DC'd  during a base  event outpost [ and it stopped moving instead of going on auto without my control ] my fleet would be alive and mostly well

Only if you weren't in range of turrets at the moment you get DC'd. Otherwise, the turrets can slowly pelt your ships to death from afar.

• Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 643
    Sequestor said:
    Back in the extremely early days of Vega Conflict, there was no AI toggle switch, if you joined the battle then you had to fly the ships, the only time AI would be used was if you did not join the battle, this non feature made it quite difficult to make good auto fleets (back when VEGA 40 was the highest PVE fleet), as you could not see what you fleet was actually doing.

You had to rely on teammates to tell you which ship was taking damage any why it was taking damage.

But back the original idea/reason why fleets do not remain stationary when DC'd, tell me what is the difference between getting DC'd and not joining the battle, they are the exact same thing. This is how it would be exploitable @Cyrus Leung
  • AngelKing
    AngelKing
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 2

Cann’t connect to game...

2»