Would you participate in a unique Campaign to earn a Harvester?

Mecher
Mecher
Greenhorn
Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 21
edited 4 Jul 2018, 4:29AM
 How many of you would participate in a set of Campaigns where the end prize is an Alien Harvester and a blueprint to make more.
Now it won't be the same Alien Harvester that we fight all the time, it will be weaker due to having a control chip installed, which limits it moreso than its wild counterpart. What I mean by that is that it will lose its ability to deal AOE damage around itself as it loses health.
It will keep all its weapons and swarms though, as well as boast a healthy Cargo Capacity.
Below are some stats I came up with.

And Cyrus, if you know the stats of the level 70 Alien Harvester, could
you share those stats? I never actually had  much of a chance to fight the Harvesters in game. So I haven't got the faintest clue as to what they would be.

Alien Harvester (Player Controlled) stats:
    Prefitted: only available slot for player to modify is a Resistence slot
    Class: Unique Flagship
    Control Method: Xeno Division Control Chip (Which means it is tier 6)
    Build time: 7 Days 12 Hours
    Repair time: 4 hours 30 minutes 50 seconds
    Health: 32,500
    Cargo Capacity: 50,000,000 t
    Weight: 30,000 t
    Maximum Weight: 33,000 t
    Speeds: Same as the Alien Harvester target in game
    Sector speed: Same as the Alien Harvester target in game
    DPS: Same weapons fitting and abilities as Alien Harvester 70 in game
    XP Value will be equal to Alien Harvester level 70, so level 70 when in a fleet alone.

Prefitted with all weapons and swarms on standard Alien Harvester(70) and ready for use upon being obtained as a reward
    One resistance slot so players can add a little damage resistance of their choosing to it
    Basically movement stats and damage are the same as the level 70 Alien Harvester in game, not to be confused with the more used and still available
Ancient Harvester in game.

Blueprint will only be available through a unique Campaign, just like the first Alien Harvester. Each campaign may only be played through once per time that they come up.

5% increased health per level up to Mk5
 25% increase in cargo capacity per level up to level 5, at Mk elite gain 100% increased cargo capacity over Mk5, bringing bonus to 200% increase
 No weight increase
 No speed increase
 5% increased damage of weapons and swarms per level up to Mk5

No visual changes per level, only stat bonuses

Mk credits will be available in a sub menu in the Shop and will be available for the
following prices.

Alien Harvester Mk2: 200 Coins/100 Blood Amber
Alien Harvester Mk3: 300 Coins/150 Blood Amber
Alien Harvester Mk4: 400 Coins/200 Blood Amber
Alien Harvester Mk5: 500 Coins/250 Blood Amber
Elite Alien Harvester Credit: 600 Coins/300 Blood Amber
Total cost to fully upgrade one Alien Harvester under player control is 2000 coins or 1000 Blood Amber.

This is the same concept I posted on my channel, and now I would like to hear from more of you here on the forums.
I think I have covered enough of the details for this idea, if I missed anything let me know. And no one tag CM Lee for now, as I want to see who will participate before I ask him to see if it can be brought up as a future set of campaigns with the Dev team.
What's up my precious little pack.
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,533
    Mecher said:
    And Cyrus, if you know the stats of the level 70 Alien Harvester, could you share those stats?
    No. I do not collect HP/damage stats since they are *very* subject to change.

This suggestion is cool but afaik, Alien ships were never meant to be available to players. (If we get the Harvester then we should also have access to Reapers and Hives, lol)
  • Mecher
    Mecher
    Greenhorn
    Mecher said:
    And Cyrus, if you know the stats of the level 70 Alien Harvester, could you share those stats?
    No. I do not collect HP/damage stats since they are *very* subject to change.

This suggestion is cool but afaik, Alien ships were never meant to be available to players. (If we get the Harvester then we should also have access to Reapers and Hives, lol)
    Thanks. I guess that would be true, I do remember how often players would complain about them being buffed when they were a top target when they had been introduced.
    And that is true, maybe in another campaign for them, that or as a small number of prizes leading up to the harvester control chip(Which is just the harvester) lol. The goal was just to give players something stupidly fun to have. And I don't even know what the hives would be used for under player control
  • RyantheRed
    RyantheRed
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 573

I think a harvester as a one-off novelty item (you can only get one) that requires altarian tech and professional piloting to get would be fun. Make it mediocre for fvf but great as a cargo hauler.

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,212

The state of harvesters vary depending on the class of target. Normal alien harvs? Barrage harvs? Reaper harvs? Should specify that

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • Mecher
    Mecher
    Greenhorn
    GDIAX said:

The state of harvesters vary depending on the class of target. Normal alien harvs? Barrage harvs? Reaper harvs? Should specify that

True, I should have stated which it was. The vessel is the Normal Alien Harvester.
  • Zero Calling
    Zero Calling
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,070
    Mecher said:
    GDIAX said:

True, I should have stated which it was. The vessel is the Normal Alien Harvester.
    Ancient Harvester would be more cool.
    Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

• FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 332
    As I always say, if something is UNIQUE, here I go!
    It would be totally great to be able to get the "alien ships", in my opinion, they have had the best design, both the ships and the bases.

Kixeye does not know the big business he's losing, by not focusing part of his business on "skins" for the current content ... there are many games that his big business is just that, create "new skins" for its content.

Just imagine ... Buy new technologies? Not for me, Buy new ships? in the end, all will end up coming out, but ... pay to be able to have your base modules as "XENO / AXIS / ALTAIRIAN" or even "DEMON CORP / IRON STAR", or better yet, have in possession the most significant / representatives special ships of each faction ... I would surely pay for it.
    image"Don´t bite the hand that feeds you" should be the motto of any legal company
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,701
    It would be totally great to be able to get the "alien ships", in my opinion, they have had the best design, both the ships and the bases.

Kixeye does not know the big business he's losing, by not focusing part of his business on "skins" for the current content ... there are many games that his big business is just that, create "new skins" for its content.

Just imagine ... Buy new technologies? Not for me, Buy new ships? in the end, all will end up coming out, but ... pay to be able to have your base modules as "XENO / AXIS / ALTAIRIAN" or even "DEMON CORP / IRON STAR", or better yet, have in possession the most significant / representatives special ships of each faction ... I would surely pay for it.
    What i am thinking is this. In real life we probably could get hands one for alien ships/tech what ever but probably would not get make more so i could imagine this would work in here too. If you get ship somewhere it is already fited and u can refit it with other stuff(Altarian/AXIS/XENO/... weapons, shields, armor, specials) but cant upgrade or make more and so one. Maybe collect it with fragments like currently ships and elite credits for altarian faction. Then there would be only few of them and would be something special.

Dont think this will ever happen but still, would be cool.
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,681
    REALLY ..... the sov is very close to a harvy ......
    I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 744

Great idea, wouldn't require much programming on Kixeye's part but it would require a lot of work from the graphic design team, and just looking at the state of the Marauder faction (all just color changes) and the Prophet (icon looks like a copy-paste from in combat instead of a unique piece of art) I think they can barely keep up with the current release of tech, so asking anything so large as complete reskins would be out of the question.
    Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• MantisTobogganMD
    MantisTobogganMD
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 182

Great idea, wouldn't require much programming on Kixeye's part but it would require a lot of work from the graphic design team, and just looking at the state of the Marauder faction (all just color changes) and the Prophet (icon looks like a copy-paste from in combat instead of a unique piece of art) I think they can barely keep up with the current release of tech, so asking anything so large as complete reskins would be out of the question.
    Excellent point. I wholeheartedly agree, and this raises the question of why they continue to pump out new content so fast if it's going to be half-assed. I would spend more money on the game if we only got a new ship and tech every 2 months and they were better balanced, and it would give the playerbase more time to build and equip current hulls as well as develop strategy and better builds.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 744

Excellent point. I wholeheartedly agree, and this raises the question of why they continue to pump out new content so fast if it's going to be half-assed. I would spend more money on the game if we only got a new ship and tech every 2 months and they were better balanced, and it would give the playerbase more time to build and equip current hulls as well as develop strategy and better builds.
    I think their strategy right now is to just pump out as much stuff as possible as quickly as possible to earn as much money as they can from whales getting coin offers and push players to coin in order to refit and build to keep up. The problem is all they are really achieving is getting whales to only buy the offers for the few overpowered ships, ignoring all the useless poorly balanced content, and pushing players away to other games :/
    Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• Zero Calling
    Zero Calling
    Incursion Leader
    REALLY ..... the sov is very close to a harvy ......
    I think otherwise.

• Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,193

Even if we won it, itd probably sit there in our fleet bay, empty, waiting for a two week or more fit time that will never come, like 80% of the other hulls we get

• Mecher
    Mecher
    Greenhorn
    edited 10 Jul 2018, 4:55AM
    I believe enough time has passed now, and each of you has had time to add input to this idea. So, thanks to each one of you.

What I can say from what you have all said, some want an Ancient Harvester and not a standard Harvester. Again this is just an idea to play around with. Also, it could be a one time reward for a campaign as one has said, to make it more unique. However, we should not need Altairian tech to acquire it. Skill and Xeno Divsion or AXIS ships should be the intended audience since it was those groups that fought against the Unknown Alien targets as they surfaced in our sectors and around our planets. And being allowed to earn just one would be better than nothing, but its health would be the same as I listed and it would still come prefit with what the in game target has. So, you can use it after earning it, but can only refit it with a single resistor to give it some damage resistance and help its HP go a little further.

With that said, the idea is now a one time prize, limited to one per player, comes prefit to avoid major refit times, has the same stats I listed above but will match the Ancient Harvester in game target (So it will have the same swarms and damage types, but again it will lose its shockwave as it loses health) instead of the first Harvester target that was featured. Did I miss anything?

And no it isn't the level 100+ Ancient Harvester, it's movement, damage, swarm and weapon fittings will be the same as the lowest level in game target and match said targets level when in a fleet alone.
  • Mecher
    Mecher
    Greenhorn
    @CM_Lee
    I don't mean for this to keep surfacing and this will be the final comment from myself on this post. But, I would like to know if you would be kind enough to think this idea over and see what the rest of the development team thinks about it. It can be taken as a plea to get a ship(Living entity) that we don't have access to by default, but it can also be seen as a fun addition for the player base as well a way to increase the revenue their by a little bit.
  • Zero Calling
    Zero Calling
    Incursion Leader
    edited 17 Jul 2018, 7:46AM
    Necro Alert...
    Submitted for Necro Closing

• Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 687
    Willyster said:
    Necro Alert...
    Please stop trying to be a wanna be Moderator
  • Zero Calling
    Zero Calling
    Incursion Leader
    Willyster said:
    Necro Alert...
    If I was a Moderator, this thread would be closed by now. I've only sent a closure request to a fellow friend of mine(who happens to be a Moderator).

• Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 687
    Willyster said:
    Willyster said:
    Necro Alert...
    If I was a Moderator, this thread would be closed by now. I've only sent a closure request to a fellow friend of mine(who happens to be a Moderator).
    They will see it and close it if they feel it needs closing, thread is barely 2 weeks old, we have older more useless that are in the pinned section that are older than this one.

Also no need to flag my comment as TROLL
  • FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 332
    As i said ... custom "SKINS" comming ...

image"Don´t bite the hand that feeds you" should be the motto of any legal company