Why don't you make it so we can figure out refits on existing ships?

M Scott
M Scott
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 282
Ya, I know its hard and takes a lot of code but you can do it!

I look at a ship and i got some new stuff and i want to refit it. Eventually. My shipyard is always busy. So, I click the refit button and it says coin the work that is happening now. Well, I'm not entirely adverse to coining builds, but 9 days is a bit much. So I take a pass. How about an option to take this ship to design mode? So I can work out a build and refine it while my ship is refitting.

Guys, give us this.
  • kopo.loko.9
    kopo.loko.9
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 53
    You can still use the design mode of the shipyard just not from the docks refit button. (open your shipyard and its at the top above the building ship)
  • M Scott
    M Scott
    Minor Nuisance
    Yes. What I am speaking of is using the design mode on an existing ship to save a refit while another ship is building. Rather than trying to redesign a built ship from scratch using only the design mode. A link from the built ships, at the dock, directly to design mode, when the yard is busy. As the yard always is busy. It's a dream...
  • VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 962
    I'm with you on that, I spend far more time refitting then building new. I suppose we should count our blessings that they built Design Mode (although Huggys was doing a good job....)

About all you can do is
    • decide on paper what refits you want,
    • go into design mode and design the ship you want to refit (in its current config)
      • write down the build time
    • adjust the build with the refits you want
      • write  down the new time
    • the difference between the times is your refit time

Battle Pirates -- 5 minutes of game play, 12 hours of repair

“Too many F2P games focus on whale spending. Pay to win is not a sustainable model for the games ecosystem.” -- Will Harbin interview on GamesBeat, Oct 2014
  • M Scott
    M Scott
    Minor Nuisance
    They should make it like when you go to refit a turret when something is already busy and you can't start work right away. You can make the changes to the existing configuration and save them.