A non-coiner's approach to BP

123457»
  • alex.stanham
    alex.stanham
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 828
    edited 4 Jun 2018, 10:11AM
    63 tokens dont know were you got them , in 1 month you get 24 days tokens on any 3 month fleet build , thats keeps you with 2 month building time , so as i said i make it , weekly easy to understand , 17d 12 hr for 1 manti - 6 days tokens = 11 days 12 hrs of build time x 4 = 46 build days for a fleet taking out the tokens of 1 month , of course that if you never loose a second of building time , so for me best option would have been to have auto repair to shipyard same as the dock , so people dont loose building time , and as they are too much time , its too expensive for low or non coiners to have 3 or 4 fleets up as you do in 1 mont using 500 tokens a  month lol , TLC tokens are not for all players and they usually are made to refit ships as needed the hull to get the hull kix policy , so i wont count them as easy access for all players just for limited amount of players , by the way chest gives you the fm tokens , so why you count chests and fm tokens are the same thing , so resume is 24 days tokens and 70 days building time for a fleet of 4 mantis used as example , now we need to build easy 2 or 3 minimun per month , with the same fm tokens add another 70 to 140 more days of building time lol insane  
    DarKCloWn
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    63 tokens dont know were you got them , in 1 month you get 24 days tokens on any 3 month fleet build , thats keeps you with 2 month building time , so as i said i make it , weekly easy to understand , 17d 12 hr for 1 manti - 6 days tokens = 11 days 12 hrs of build time x 4 = 46 build days for a fleet taking out the tokens of 1 month , of course that if you never loose a second of building time , so for me best option would have been to have auto repair to shipyard same as the dock , so people dont loose building time , and as they are too much time , its too expensive for low or non coiners to have 3 or 4 fleets up as you do in 1 mont using 500 tokens a  month lol , TLC tokens are not for all players and they usually are made to refit ships as needed the hull to get the hull kix policy , so i wont count them as easy access for all players just for limited amount of players , by the way chest gives you the fm tokens , so why you count chests and fm tokens are the same thing , so resume is 24 days tokens and 70 days building time for a fleet of 4 mantis used as example , now we need to build easy 2 or 3 minimun per month , with the same fm tokens add another 70 to 140 more days of building time lol insane  
    have you done drugs at some stage in your life?

i just showed you exactly how I get 140 build days between picking up the manti hull in April and the June raid as a zero coiner. without spending a single coin. nada.
  • alex.stanham
    alex.stanham
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 828
    bort said:

i just showed you exactly how I get 140 build days between picking up the manti hull in April and the June raid as a zero coiner. without spending a single coin. nada.
    i would say the opposite, you are counting same tokens double lol , theres only 24 days tokens a month and each fleet its as min of 2 month build time , so at least you have 1 month per fleet , plus refits of others or even the same ones, now i building scatter mantis , to get the things to build the mantis with missiles, maybe first get all the missiles and them refit the scatters would be better than build another fleet of mantis , all because they gives us and i got all so no one complains for the scatter mantis ,after that , oh no use missiles are better , so we have to make a tlc , in order to get the tools they didnt gave us at the begging , because either as always no targets are tested and second they want us to refit in the middle of buildng the fleet , either ways , add another easy 1 minth of mantis refits after done with the fleet , so maybe for last raid i can use 1 mantis missiles with 3 scatter ones lol insane 
    DarKCloWn
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    bort said:

i would say the opposite, you are counting same tokens double lol , theres only 24 days tokens a month and each fleet its as min of 2 month build time , so at least you have 1 month per fleet , plus refits of others or even the same ones, now i building scatter mantis , to get the things to build the mantis with missiles, maybe first get all the missiles and them refit the scatters would be better than build another fleet of mantis , all because they gives us and i got all so no one complains for the scatter mantis ,after that , oh no use missiles are better , so we have to make a tlc , in order to get the tools they didnt gave us at the begging , because either as always no targets are tested and second they want us to refit in the middle of buildng the fleet , either ways , add another easy 1 minth of mantis refits after done with the fleet , so maybe for last raid i can use 1 mantis missiles with 3 scatter ones lol insane 
    What do you mean the opposite? That is exactly how many tokens are available between the release of the manti hull and the June raid. You said your ship is a 17 day build. That allows you to build eight ships in that time. Admittedly that is some advanced math there .... 140 / 17.

if you want to play coin free, you have to play much much smarter than you do.

you dont waste shipyard time doing refits of other fleets when there is a new raid ship out.

you dont need to waste even more shipyard time refitting, when you can build both fleets which then gives you options come raid time. As a free player you need as many options as possible.
  • Hawkpanther
    Hawkpanther
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,053
    not sure where either of you are coming up with your numbers. There is no 4 weeks of FMs for 24 tokens a month regularly..its usually 3 weeks.
    I just broke it all down pulling my calendar off the wall.
    as of today you could only be 121 total days into the manti fleet w/o coin period best case scenario.
    This doesn't factor in the random few hours of tokens from the daily you get which shouldn't be more then 12 hrs - 24 hours per month.

If you went into the last siege raid stockpiled up the absolute most tokens you could have saved is 11 days..you cant go into a raid with more then 11 days generic tokens or I would of cuz that is what I did.

raid offered 8 days of assault tokens
    raid offered 3 days of generic tokens
    raid offered 1.5 days of 12 hour tokens
    raid offered 12 tokens for 1 hour each
    so 5 days of generic tokens + 8 assault from raid.

NO tokens that could help for the fleet in last raid.
    3 TLCs  9 days of tokens total.
    FIguring you started manti shell building an hour after 1st assault raid started not losing any time at all & got 6 days of tokens from each FMs after the 1st raid you are at 121 total days into a fleet build PERIOD...there is NO more tokens anywhere unless you had assault saved up from some other offering.

now if you factor in this weeks FMs coming up & the time normal time till the raid starts you are at a grand total of 138 days into a fleet..not sure where the 140 comes from bort used but lets just round up.
    ships are like 17 or 18 days a piece fully built so lets use borts 140/17 numbers you could have 8 fully built ships when raid starts so thats a full fleet + 3 or 2 fleets of 4 or some other combo 
    just throwing out the  hard fact there bort could have 8 at most..if he said more then 8 I am sure he has something to explain the extra time that I missed

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    not sure where either of you are coming up with your numbers. There is no 4 weeks of FMs for 24 tokens a month regularly..its usually 3 weeks.
    as of today you could only be 121 total days into the manti fleet w/o coin period best case scenario.
    This doesn't factor in the random few hours of tokens from the daily you get which shouldn't be more then 12 hrs - 24 hours per month.

If you went into the last siege raid stockpiled up the absolute most tokens you could have saved is 11 days..you cant go into a raid with more then 11 days generic tokens or I would of cuz that is what I did.

FIguring you started manti shell building an hour after 1st assault raid started not losing any time at all & got 6 days of tokens from each FMs after the 1st raid you are at 121 total days into a fleet build PERIOD...there is NO more tokens anywhere unless you had assault saved up from some other offering.

now if you factor in this weeks FMs coming up & the time normal time till the raid starts you are at a grand total of 138 days into a fleet..not sure where the 140 comes from bort used but lets just round up.
    ships are like 17 or 18 days a piece fully built so lets use borts 140/17 numbers you could have 8 fully built ships when raid starts so thats a full fleet + 3 or 2 fleets of 4 or some other combo 
    just throwing out the  hard fact there bort could have 8 at most..if he said more then 8 I am sure he has something to explain the extra time that I missed
    it was 10 days of generic assault tokens per the raid briefing for April, so that's why i have 140 versus your 138.

and yes, i had stated i will have 8 fully built ships for the next raid.

basically you are spot on with exactly what I have stated, so thanks for that.

saving tokens at the right time and using your shipyard time effectively is the key to succeeding in this game.
  • Hawkpanther
    Hawkpanther
    Incursion Leader
    bort said:

it was 10 days of generic assault tokens per the raid briefing for April, so that's why i have 140 versus your 138.

and yes, i had stated i will have 8 fully built ships for the next raid.

basically you are spot on with exactly what I have stated, so thanks for that.

saving tokens at the right time and using your shipyard time effectively is the key to succeeding in this game.
    ah ya I recall now it was 10 assault tokens...enough for 2.5 ships instant I was thinking that raid knowing I was gonna waste some of the generic tokens I came into the raid with on PvP ships instead having the 4 blanks by VXP day covered easily even if having to use the FMs tokens

• Hawkpanther
    Hawkpanther
    Incursion Leader
    it is pretty spot on from what you said..but having 8 fully built ones doesn't cover refits where you are swapping things or the occasional being hit while sleeping shutting down builds. I don't think you can spit out 8 fully built..I recall you saying refitting a CM ship to missles. I think your are gonna be not 100% with the 8 ships at raid

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 4 Jun 2018, 9:45PM
    it is pretty spot on from what you said..but having 8 fully built ones doesn't cover refits where you are swapping things or the occasional being hit while sleeping shutting down builds. I don't think you can spit out 8 fully built..I recall you saying refitting a CM ship to missles. I think your are gonna be not 100% with the 8 ships at raid

yeah, again you're spot on. i'm not completely sold on the refit yet, as you do lose quite a bit of time, and I haven't done it yet. got my 2 other missile ships fully built out as a priority, and also decided in the end to build and rank another blank. i'm thinking i'll either substantially complete that 3rd missile ship, or not quite fully weaponise my scatters.

or pray for another tlc, or tokens in the raid ....

either way though, i'm sure i'll have enough to cruise through the raid.

i used to plan exactly to the day, but these days, there's just no need to be so precise. Near enough is good enough.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Turns out the fleets were fine for the last raid. And now i've largely finished them. I'm going to go into the next raid with my manticore tokens at almost max, max ship tokens, and max chests, just in case there some nice upgrade gear released.

i've done my 4 proto tides too, mainly from proto tokens, and i might start on cents next if nothing else comes up. ALthough more than likely it will be the new FM flagship.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 31 Jul 2018, 10:39AM
    so, we're coming up to the most important raid to prepare for the next raid series.

not to be a broken record, but the key plan is to go into the August raid with a fully set of tokens (2x2 day 2x1 day 2x12hr) and a full set of unopened chests (elite/legendary). This lets you maximise your blank/single weapon new raid hulls you can have out before the August vxp weekend.

what is the focus then this month?

well for me, its finishing my proto-tides, just in case they are useful for the raid. They're almost finished now, purely from tokens (well i have 4 done, debating the 5th). other priority is getting my greta ranked. Its already basically built, just needs armor, so i might use some tokens from this week's fm to finish it off after vxp. After that it will be just saving tokens/chests for the raid.

What else do we have to help out this month?

3 manticore tokens - Lions mane camp
    4 proto cent - primus camp
    27 manticore tokens - double trouble
    5 manticore rapid assault
    1.5d 12h shipbuild - rapid assault
    3d conq tokens bounty
    3d def tokens bounty
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    so, day one of the last manti raid. 1st razortail is in the oven with 3 days to go, so i will comfortably get my 4 blanks + a special and weapon or 3 out for vxp weekend.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    so ... thanks to the cut in build times, and the tlc i'm going to easily get my 5 razors out for the raid.

and a blank bat, and a part built bat. probably should have saved some tokens for the raid prizes, but these days we get plenty of fm tokens so i cant see that being an issue.

the bonus vxp weekend also allowed me to skull all my razors. I was on vacation for the first one, so my razors were 50-60% ranked. Now that i can drive the targets it was a cakewalk to skull them.

people are still getting vxp targets very wrong. you can simply knock out the protonems, and then let it time out to minimise your damage taken and maximise your vxp obtained. that saves many hours of damage compared to destroying the whole 100 for a pretty minimal benefit of a few tokens. this is the same way vxp weekends have worked in forever, so its not anything new even. Just do enough damage to maximise your vxp. Rinse and repeat and you get your ships skulled for free.
123457»