UAVs Re-release

Hatsune_Miku
Hatsune_Miku
Greenhorn
Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 3
At what time do you plan to re-release the older UAVs. i have a valkyrie carrier i'd like to fit with older UAVs. due to the fact the newer UAVs cost around 1 million points in the forsaken mission and at my current level and tech i cant possibly make it that far, would you consider making a UAV campeign so we can win the older UAVs. it would also help lower levels if you dropped the level requirement for a few campeigns and added new campeigns to win slightly better tech. i would also like the older drones released again for low to mid level base defence
  • loochunwai
    loochunwai
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 34
    which uav you want ? i got the the UAV from FM one why not go with the UAV in FM one  ?
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 1,780

@loochunwai said:
    which uav you want ? i got the the UAV from FM one why not go with the UAV in FM one  ?

Valkyrie carriers work with the old style UAV, namely the Dragonfly, Hornet, Scarab, and Locust. Unlike modern UAVs, which dealt their damage then moved on to a new target regardless of whether they were still alive, the older versions stuck around the same enemy until their swarm time expired, only chaining when their initial target was destroyed.

Search up videos of the Atlas Carrier, you can easily see how the old gen UAVs worked in combat.

Omae wa mou shindeiru.
  • VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 710
    A nice touch, if they really wanted to put Customers First! would be to have some sort of policy that 1 year after a tech's introduction, it would become available as an earnable blueprint, maybe even a drop from salvage fleets. That was a reasonable way of doing things, shouldn't require much new code (the less new code the fewer the bugs ( in theory... ) ).

The players that like to stay current would already have it and wouldn't care. And after a year, most tech is near-obsolete for top-tier play anyway -- but being able to get older tech would be huge benefit to new players working their way up (ignoring for a moment the stark reality that new players are very, very rare). 

Why there isn't better support and encouragement for up and coming players is a bafflement. Without out a steady stream of fresh meat, how is  the game supposed to survive in the long run?

And fixing the lag would be a good thing too.   Maybe they don't want new players because their low-budget, discount servers are already maxed-out. Hard to know for sure, y'know?

Battle Pirates -- 5 minutes of game play, 12 hours of repair

“Too many F2P games focus on whale spending. Pay to win is not a sustainable model for the games ecosystem.” -- Will Harbin interview on GamesBeat, Oct 2014
  • Hawkpanther
    Hawkpanther
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,031
    edited 6 Jul 2018, 3:24PM
    its easy to get 1 million points even with only punishers autoing 40s..just have to put some seat time in..you do realize you have 6 days to get it done ? If you cant pull 1 milion points auting 40s you shouldn't play this game. you can get 12 days build time of punisher tokens every FMs for 4000 points..that is a FREE built ship every week instant that can auto 40s for instant. You can also work on getting icebreakers & there is LOTS of tokens for that..maybe enough to build 1 FREE instant every week..1 icebreaker can auto a 61 for instant repair. I hour or 2 a day should get you to T5 for the uav EASILY. Also Valkries is crap..dont bother refitting or builing old ship. Focus on building ICEBREAKERS

• Gryffon
    Gryffon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 535
    Valk Carriers will not do well in the current targets except maybe salvages.  There are much better uses of your shipyard time than Valks.
  • loochunwai
    loochunwai
    Potential Threat
    yeah i got the skyfire so i go with skyfire and im able to do last raid  with uav from FM  they do better they old uav now my skyfire fleet ready getting full fleet by adding flagship much better they Valks   so better go with still use date hull  they things must be outdate already 
  • loochunwai
    loochunwai
    Potential Threat
    The Qing said:

@loochunwai said:

Valkyrie carriers work with the old style UAV, namely the Dragonfly, Hornet, Scarab, and Locust. Unlike modern UAVs, which dealt their damage then moved on to a new target regardless of whether they were still alive, the older versions stuck around the same enemy until their swarm time expired, only chaining when their initial target was destroyed.

Search up videos of the Atlas Carrier, you can easily see how the old gen UAVs worked in combat.

Hornet ? i  remeber they also offter Hornet uav with skyfire set in last raid i hope they offter Hornet uav again  so i hope he can get they 
  • loochunwai
    loochunwai
    Potential Threat
    VvVvVvVvV said:
    A nice touch, if they really wanted to put Customers First! would be to have some sort of policy that 1 year after a tech's introduction, it would become available as an earnable blueprint, maybe even a drop from salvage fleets. That was a reasonable way of doing things, shouldn't require much new code (the less new code the fewer the bugs ( in theory... ) ).

The players that like to stay current would already have it and wouldn't care. And after a year, most tech is near-obsolete for top-tier play anyway -- but being able to get older tech would be huge benefit to new players working their way up (ignoring for a moment the stark reality that new players are very, very rare). 

Why there isn't better support and encouragement for up and coming players is a bafflement. Without out a steady stream of fresh meat, how is  the game supposed to survive in the long run?

And fixing the lag would be a good thing too.   Maybe they don't want new players because their low-budget, discount servers are already maxed-out. Hard to know for sure, y'know?

They True 
  • Hawkpanther
    Hawkpanther
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,031
    edited 7 Jul 2018, 9:01AM
    The Qing said:

@loochunwai said:

Hornet ? i  remeber they also offter Hornet uav with skyfire set in last raid i hope they offter Hornet uav again  so i hope he can get they 
    hornet UAV was the initial UAV released for skyfires, polistes is the escalation weapon. Every ship gets 2 weapons in the raid cycle..the one released when the hull is released & then a better one 2 months later escalating the power of the hull. The exception to that would be the limited missle  & limed scatter gun the manticore just got last raid which was re-released in the current TLC...I wouldn't necessarily call either of the weapons escalations being better when they are more of a trade off having exact same damage & reload & weight & losing like 3% or 4% defense in 1 damage type trading off for +5% speed they could be considered actually worse especially when you factor in they are limited EDIT and you have to put a even amount on all ships to keep speeds sync'd or pay attention to the fleet build to keep the fleet sync'd if using darkwing CIC you can get away with not putting the limited weapons on all ships & still be sync'd

• loochunwai
    loochunwai
    Potential Threat
    i never use limited weapons before on raid but i know limited weapons are better they normal weapons but they maticore weapons give speed is better at this assalut raid more like they be limited escalation weapons  anymore