Upcoming Accuracy Bug Fix / Countermeasure Update

• Spider Retired
    Spider Retired
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 319
    jhaglund said:
    Countermeasures should work with their accuracy and reload times. If the reload time is reached, then it should try again if there is a projectile. Accuracy is the chance it will shoot the projectile (minus the projectile evade).  Anything else is just a garbage excuse to create more damage to the players. I will be watching this. 
    I do agreed with you. Why have a reload time at all if they only fire ones. Simply just silly medling with what they dont can figure out.

Roll back and call it a day. You have after all failed totaly. Accept the jugment from the community.
    Spider OUT ! LvL 130
  • Mark Lenard
    Mark Lenard
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 252
    now that you made turrets useless maybe should should look at base attacks now .every attack they run by a defense fleet straight to op so they get there 100% and minimal dmg because they wont engage a fleet just a weak base.. maybe you should consider making defense fleets part of base damage so they have to sink the fleet to get that 100% . 
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,598
    Base defense fleet should be part of the 100%.

They need to fix overdamage. Ships aren't even getting scratched by overdamage weapons now.

They need to fix combat speed slowing because fleets aren't being affected by any slowing weapons or aura's. Ships are just zooming right on by.
  • dragoon25
    dragoon25
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 51
    IonDeluxe said:
    The skyfire missions are now out of reach too. Those rocket turrets do too much damage with the current counter measure system. Even when using remote targeting it only takes 3 hit from these rockets to wipe the entire fleet.
    i'm assuming this is with IB.
  • zantil
    zantil
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 378
    edited 24 Jun 2018, 9:51AM
    Why does KIX release such a "fix" without ajusting the targets?
    My 4 manticores with 6 sprint and 2 phalanx 4 would shoot down EVERY SINGLE MISSILE in the "mega mayhem" daily.
    After this "fix" my phalanx will shoot down some of thte mega launched missiles, but none from the rhinos. 

With improved ressists, full armor, and up-to-date tech you would ASSUME that manticores would perform better than appolos. My manticores take more than 1,5 hour repair for the full campain. My appollos would do this with instant repair. Where is my "improved game experience'" and "players first" in this example?

Buisness as usual - subpar programming, zero testing. Wellcome to KIXEYE.
  • Spider Retired
    Spider Retired
    Skilled Warrior
    zantil said:
    My 4 manticores with 6 sprint and 2 phalanx 4 would shoot down EVERY SINGLE MISSILE in the "mega mayhem" daily.
    After this "fix" my phalanx will shoot down some of thte mega launched missiles, but none from the rhinos. 

With improved ressists, full armor, and up-to-date tech you would ASSUME that manticores would perform better than appolos. My manticores take more than 1,5 hour repair for the full campain. My appollos would do this with instant repair. Where is my "improved game experience'" and "players first" in this example?

Testing ? ? ? No your at Kixeye, You must pay extra for testing. Programming what programming? Yes it is Buisness as usual.
    Spider OUT ! LvL 130
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,211
    zantil said:

do you even understand what the fix was?   that is my first question..

Cause by what you just said, you do not have a clue.

Of course you were shooting down everything before.  You had a + 100% Accuracy on your boat that you do not have now..   then top it off the sprints were not tagging the missiles correctly.  they were shooting like they were anti morts. 

So to sum it up,   you are only shooting at each missile once now, and you lost accuracy..   So of course you are not shooting everything down.

• zantil
    zantil
    Skilled Warrior
    Joe_B222 said:
    zantil said:

Of course you were shooting down everything before.  You had a + 100% Accuracy on your boat that you do not have now..   then top it off the sprints were not tagging the missiles correctly.  they were shooting like they were anti morts. 

So to sum it up,   you are only shooting at each missile once now, and you lost accuracy..   So of course you are not shooting everything down.

Oh I fully understand the fix. Hence my first line. Try reading it again.
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    zantil said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    zantil said:

There wasnt a need to adjust the targets.. 

the CMs were out performing what they should of been doing..  that was fixed..  now you are griping that its not doing what the fix specifically stopped.. 

• zantil
    zantil
    Skilled Warrior
    Joe_B222 said:
    zantil said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    zantil said:

There wasnt a need to adjust the targets.. 

the CMs were out performing what they should of been doing..  that was fixed..  now you are griping that its not doing what the fix specifically stopped.. 

Your ability to miss the point is legendary.

I am fully aware of the 100% acc bonus, and that it needed to be fixed eventually, just like the countless other bugs that needs to be fixed.

However, as you properly can see in the countless forum threads about this, the TARGETS were designed with this bug in mind. It's time to correct the targets again. IF kix had tested their targets before rolling out the fix, thousands of tickets, thousands of man-hours could be SAVED, for a few hours worth of testing.  

• Spider Retired
    Spider Retired
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 25 Jun 2018, 1:58PM
    Joe_B222 said:
    zantil said:

Well seems you have it all figuered out.

So tell me 75% reload on ship, + 23-24% reload from retro lvl then you also have reload specials of either 50% and/or 25%.
    As the counters are now i have only same type counters on my ship's no mix. And they all have a accuracy of 70% or better from retro lvl.

So why do not my phralax or my tridents/sprints fire on uav's or missils anymore? And rockets just so i dont forget whats on the bp's as targets. with the reload time that short they should indeed fire more than ones pr. wapon on the ships. But the nerfing has made them all useless.

I dont care about 100% accuracy, i would tho like them to engage the incomming targets and now they dont. Ya, 1 shot pr, target, So how come with a reload of like 125% and 2-3 sec native reload nothing is targeted.

There is only one way to see this, as it is we need 1 counter pr. ship adding more has no effect, and reload we have used weeks to retrofit has no effect either so just scrap it all. New ones are inbound in the game but in limited versions. What a joke this game has become.
    Spider OUT ! LvL 130
  • Wayward_son
    Wayward_son
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 615
    edited 25 Jun 2018, 4:17PM
    Supposedly the changes came, this last update. I say supposedly, because i didn't see any change. So far i've only hit the 82 FM target, the only thing i can hit, other than salvage to progress. To my surprise, i noticed no difference in damages. To be honest, if the counters were not working properly, i got no problem with them fixing them, that was never the problem. The problem comes, with the announcement that they'd "adjust the damages".

Typically when kixeye "adjusts" damage it is never in our favor or is never done equally in fairness. This change i noticed, no change in my primary target. Honestly i was afraid to say anything, Kixeye always screws something up. But finally decided to say thank you for, not impacting gameplay while fixing something, that might not have worked as intended.

I have heard many say, that base counters now are F'ed. I don't do PVP, therefore i do not know. I certainly do feel for you guys if that is the case
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joe_B222 said:
    zantil said:

Well seems you have it all figuered out.

So tell me 75% reload on ship, + 23-24% reload from retro lvl then you also have reload specials of either 50% and/or 25%.
    As the counters are now i have only same type counters on my ship's no mix. And they all have a accuracy of 70% or better from retro lvl.

So why do not my phralax or my tridents/sprints fire on uav's or missils anymore? And rockets just so i dont forget whats on the bp's as targets. with the reload time that short they should indeed fire more than ones pr. wapon on the ships. But the nerfing has made them all useless.

I dont care about 100% accuracy, i would tho like them to engage the incomming targets and now they dont. Ya, 1 shot pr, target, So how come with a reload of like 125% and 2-3 sec native reload nothing is targeted.

There is only one way to see this, as it is we need 1 counter pr. ship adding more has no effect, and reload we have used weeks to retrofit has no effect either so just scrap it all. New ones are inbound in the game but in limited versions. What a joke this game has become.
    My IBs are shooting down 90% of the UAVs that are coming at me.

Do I see the shots no I do not, but I have also found out that if I stay at max range fewer UAVs actually swarm my boats.   IE I am shooting more down.

I am currently doing 111s for insta repair in base.  Which if perfectly fine with me as I use the IBs to finish off my FM while my IDs are repairing.   The CMs are far from useless.   They just got knocked back down to where they were last year.   We have had almost 5 mths of over performing CMs,  it is a bitter pill to swallow to go back to how we were before that.

• Proto VP
    Proto VP
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 43
    Riddle me this:

Fleet of 5 ships with 10 Sprints total with Countermeasures Loader 3
    Hits 75 Cargo - Engages 1 Ship, CAN'T Shoot down 6 missiles

10 Sprints, Salvo of 2 = 20 Shots
    20 Shots at 70% (posted on BP) Accuracy = 14 Shots should hit

How does 14 Accuracy corrected Salvos not bring down 6 missiles?

Sprint are broken

Kixeye, you had a bug that gave out +100% accuracy (as you claim) and it took you months to figure it out. Bonus for your customers getting the benefit. Now you have a bug that is going the opposite way and costing your customers gold or time. Well the ones that aren't leaving yet.

Explain exactly how that ^^ happens? Give us a clear understanding of how the revised countermeasures work or fix the bug, waiting months to fix this will end up costing you alot of players.

FM is a just the tip of the iceberg, wait till raid. Everyone thought the raid 2 months ago was hard, HA, with Sprints not working the next one will be an absolute gong show.

Address it, Acknowledge it, Communicate it, Fix it

PLEASE!
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,598
    Explain exactly how that ^^ happens?

Bounty. As soon as bounty is over kix will say they found that cm's were glitched too far the other way and they have it fixed now. Then they will "fix" something else right before next bounty.
  • kixeyeuser_1376704962676_24355_1693131681
    kixeyeuser_1376704962676_24355_1693131681
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 31
    Angus_B said:
    from my perspective all this is ti kill the zelos because it shoots down everything;   way to go

Thats not so m8, from scratch zelos are as use less as any other hull. To be usefull to us players we need atleast retrofit lvl 10-11 on counters othervice your zelos is dead real fast at top $ repare cost. When top retro lvl is reached they have done real good in the targets, but its a slow way of making progress on points. Zelos as we learned to love them are maybe gone after last "fixes"
  • TraderJack
    TraderJack
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,103
    They sure fixed the number of folk playing the game .

• Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    VP_irate said:
    Riddle me this:

Sprint are broken

Kixeye, you had a bug that gave out +100% accuracy (as you claim) and it took you months to figure it out. Bonus for your customers getting the benefit. Now you have a bug that is going the opposite way and costing your customers gold or time. Well the ones that aren't leaving yet.

Explain exactly how that ^^ happens? Give us a clear understanding of how the revised countermeasures work or fix the bug, waiting months to fix this will end up costing you alot of players.

FM is a just the tip of the iceberg, wait till raid. Everyone thought the raid 2 months ago was hard, HA, with Sprints not working the next one will be an absolute gong show.

PLEASE!
    nothing boosts a sprints accuracy.   So as you said 70%..

per Rampage, Sprints now tag missiles and only shoot once, just like a Phalanx does.   You do not get 20 shots, you get 6. 

It was addressed, it was explained what they were changing, they communicated the fix 2 weeks ago..  Its working exactly how they said it would.

There is the answer to your riddle..  It was answered in Rampage Reports and the CM thread. 

• The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 905
    edited 26 Jun 2018, 4:40AM
    If CMs are fixed why are the CM towers in Scorpion Sting still shooting down UAVs AFTER they reach the first target?
  • zantil
    zantil
    Skilled Warrior
    If CMs are fixed why are the CM towers in Scorpion Sting still shooting down UAVs AFTER they reach the first target?
    Because KIX only "fix" bugs that cost them coins. 
    Potential Threat
    They sure fixed the number of folk playing the game .

It will help on the LAG problem. So they get something fixed after all.
    Potential Threat
    edited 26 Jun 2018, 3:38PM
    Joe_B222 said:
    VP_irate said:
    Riddle me this:

Sprint are broken

PLEASE!

per Rampage, Sprints now tag missiles and only shoot once, just like a Phalanx does.   You do not get 20 shots, you get 6. 

It was addressed, it was explained what they were changing, they communicated the fix 2 weeks ago..  Its working exactly how they said it would.

There is the answer to your riddle..  It was answered in Rampage Reports and the CM thread. 

As VP_irate say the sprint BP has a value of 2 shot's and i do see why he bring that up.

What you are claiming is That Kix have changed the BP to only have 1 shot, Thats not what has been communicated at all from Rampage in his post's

If BP are changed it should be communicated up from, not beeing camo'ed as part of a bug fix for the 100% accuracy bug.

And why cant you guy's at kix comment on the official channels instead of trolling to make more possitive comments about bad changes for the players.? ? ?  Why the incognito style.?

• Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    even when the CMs were " broken " they did this..

NPC targets have never played fair.   Over weight boats, massive damage,  Antis that do not work like ours.. 

welcome to the world of Kix never playing by their own rules.

Potential Threat
    zantil said:
    Because KIX only "fix" bugs that cost them coins. 

We will see what cost them most coins i guess they get a heads up from bounty.

So whales realy need to digg deap and coin like crazy so changes stay for theyr bennefit's, I dont belive kix will see it as good after they see new numbers. LOL

• Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    edited 26 Jun 2018, 3:53PM
    Joe_B222 said:
    VP_irate said:
    Riddle me this:

Sprint are broken

PLEASE!

As VP_irate say the sprint BP has a value of 2 shot's and i do see why he bring that up.

What you are claiming is That Kix have changed the BP to only have 1 shot, Thats not what has been communicated at all from Rampage in his post's

If BP are changed it should be communicated up from, not beeing camo'ed as part of a bug fix for the 100% accuracy bug.

And why cant you guy's at kix comment on the official channels instead of trolling to make more possitive comments about bad changes for the players.? ? ?  Why the incognito style.?

1) im not a kix guy..  

2) pre " fix "  sprints worked like an anti mort.   They kept shooting until everything was dead or you were out of salvos..  After the " fix "  they now shoot at missiles ONCE  just like every other anti missile in the game.

It is what Rampage communicated to us..  His specific words were sprints were not Tagging missile correctly, now they are.

3)  IF people would just watch Rampage reports, and read the CM update ALL of this was stated in plain English well ahead of the fix.  Like 2 WEEKs before the change went live.  

but hey readin is hard.