War Commander: Corpus (40) Sphinx Base Free Repair Time Blitzkrieg Way

Royal Benjamin
Royal Benjamin
Skilled Warrior
Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 511
The Sphinx is a heavily armored aircraft designed to establish a presence on the frontline that the enemy cannot ignore. It gains the ability to target an additional enemy at Level 10 and again at Level 20.

The Sphinx is a heavy VTOL unit that rains down destruction upon its enemies. Serving as the most durable non-unique airborne unit in the Sector, the Sphinx can dominate the skies while attacking multiple targets at a time! B)  B)

-------Signed by: Kixeyes General! :)

----CORPUS (40) SPHINX BASE VIDEO IS ONLINE:

MAJs
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,077
    Is it a good unit?

• nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 3,418
    Is it a good unit?
    depends on how your using it
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 10,021
    Is it a good unit?
    The Sphinx is actually a pretty useful unit and can be used as an airborne meat shield. But, I would not consider it as a stand alone unit mainly due to the fact that it won't deal that much damage.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
    The day has come and I'm finally beyond the 10k mark. https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/745288
  • CharlesHackfinder
    CharlesHackfinder
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 224
    Axel L said:
    Is it a good unit?
    The Sphinx is actually a pretty useful unit and can be used as an airborne meat shield. But, I would not consider it as a stand alone unit mainly due to the fact that it won't deal that much damage.
    The Sphinx is a stupid unit...it travels right up to and hovers over what you targeted. Its the most stupid thing I have ever seen. All other unts travel to whats targetd and stop at their max range and start firing. Not this unit....The Sphinx will travel past its max range and actually hover over what has been targeted and gets pummeled while its attacking.
    I may be a Low Level...But Im definitely not new :-)
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Axel L said:
    Is it a good unit?
    The Sphinx is a stupid unit...it travels right up to and hovers over what you targeted. Its the most stupid thing I have ever seen. All other unts travel to whats targetd and stop at their max range and start firing. Not this unit....The Sphinx will travel past its max range and actually hover over what has been targeted and gets pummeled while its attacking.
    The doesn't mean that the unit is bad as the Phalanx do have the same AI mechanic. If you want to make your Sphinx stop at a specific location, you can use the D hotkey to place it on a defensive stance. If you combine it with the with squad saving hotkeys, you will easily be able to juggle between different saved squads.
    The day has come and I'm finally beyond the 10k mark. https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/745288
  • Royal Benjamin
    Royal Benjamin
    Skilled Warrior
    Is it a good unit?

Hello there Tom, Sphinx Unit can be seen like Phalanxes in the air, so using both ground and air strategy with Sphinxes and Phalanxes can lead to victory really easy.
    MAJs
  • kixeyeuser_1381785235850_30485_688970479
    kixeyeuser_1381785235850_30485_688970479
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 284
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:
    Is it a good unit?
    The doesn't mean that the unit is bad as the Phalanx do have the same AI mechanic. If you want to make your Sphinx stop at a specific location, you can use the D hotkey to place it on a defensive stance. If you combine it with the with squad saving hotkeys, you will easily be able to juggle between different saved squads.
    yeah but that logic work with the phalanx because the phalanx do it to drop spartan on the heart of the base but why the sprinx do it? what is the need to run to the targeti used it as a meat shield but i have to give a lot of micro magnement to the unit because i need to take the fire away from some units not to take all the damage the base can do
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    edited 14 Jun 2018, 4:59AM
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:
    Is it a good unit?
    yeah but that logic work with the phalanx because the phalanx do it to drop spartan on the heart of the base but why the sprinx do it? what is the need to run to the targeti used it as a meat shield but i have to give a lot of micro magnement to the unit because i need to take the fire away from some units not to take all the damage the base can do
    I have actually used it as a meat shield in island bases by moving it towards the target and then at the same time, send in few furies to take down the target. This method has mainly been used to avoid a large portion of the repair times that the other units would receive and place the damage on a highly resistant short repair time unit.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    I just built one, so I'll see how it goes.   I just got started upgrading it though.   

If it's short repair, it sounds like it might be useful in some places.

• Royal Benjamin
    Royal Benjamin
    Skilled Warrior
    I just built one, so I'll see how it goes.   I just got started upgrading it though.   

If it's short repair, it sounds like it might be useful in some places.

Generation III Unit bro, I hope you will find Sphinx very useful. Thank you.
    MAJs
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    edited 15 Jun 2018, 12:53PM
    Thanks RB.   

On the:  ZOMBIE MISSILES

I see from the Wiki, the Zombie Missiles you used in your video were available in Resurrection back in Oct 2017.     I didn't notice them back then, and have never even seen them before.     Are they ever available to unlock?    

• HEISENBERG_NL1
    HEISENBERG_NL1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 581

Sphinx is crap , by no means an airborne phalanx :)

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Thanks RB.   

I see from the Wiki, the Zombie Missiles you used in your video were available in Resurrection back in Oct 2017.     I didn't notice them back then, and have never even seen them before.     Are they ever available to unlock?    
    The Zombie Missile was an exclusive item to be unlocked in the 2017 Zombie event. I don't expect it to return anytime soon.
  • Royal Benjamin
    Royal Benjamin
    Skilled Warrior
    Thanks RB.   

Axel L said:
    Thanks RB.   

The Zombie Missile was an exclusive item to be unlocked in the 2017 Zombie event. I don't expect it to return anytime soon.

As the Axel L said, ZM could be unlocked back in 2017 event, in any time soon, I dont know indeed.
    MAJs