Sub Sector Resource Base ????

2»
  • Nemo_Dutchman
    Nemo_Dutchman
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 88
    when can we have ship parts in SSRB, so we can refit our fleets instantly?
  • visaga
    visaga
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 84
    when can we have ship parts in SSRB, so we can refit our fleets instantly?
    Next you would want coins dropping from SSRB...

Wait, it would not make a difference because nobody is hitting them :wink:
  • american crusader
    american crusader
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 160

Hydra fleet was doing ok gonna finish it.....but alas it times out and I get nothing...I should’ve been expecting this to happen. Not only is it very hard but I have to try to rush through it!

• paul.h.fortin
    paul.h.fortin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 196
    Refit Hydra fleet to give a whirl at the new SSRB . Like I have read, just silly damage.16 hrs. repairs to fleet. Again, as seen in other posts, many 
    players WILL NOT have fleets for this nor will they even want to hit with that kind of damage. 

Yes, it will get better with practice but still. 
  • RYZA
    RYZA
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 434
    Its easier to just buy uranium from the daily deal in shop now.

This game is just becoming too much of a chore to even enjoy playing. just buy it.
  • Archangel_1
    Archangel_1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 246
    That does seem to be the whole point, doesn't it?  Frustrate players and make targets so difficult that people will BUY coins for resources that they MUST have to do anything else in the game.  It's becoming much like PAY Toilets...no coin...p in your pants...find another Park to play in.

First they really messed up the the FM, the backbone of the game, with the 117.  Now they have totally screwed almost every player, certainly those who could do the previous DUBs.   Found out quickly that NO fleet I currently have that is "allowed" in the SubSectorResourceBase can even kill the first turret pod.  So with Uranium being such an integral and key resource in the game, the game has hit a stagnation point for me.  Figured this day was coming sometime....looks like it's game-time reevaluation time.  When even the unending chores become undoable....there's not much point in continuing for long in such a sadistic environment.  Think about it....it seems that you MUST have a 2nd player, with strong fleets, on at the same time as you, to even have a chance at getting Uranium from the new SSRB's, since there is NO retreating...one opportunity to kill the target or you get nothing but lots of repair time.   Good luck with that when you have to adjust your time to play with another player on a regular basis.

Refit fleets to tweek them to do the SSRB's?  WHEN??  Most players, including myself, are still building Manticore fleets for the Raid...there simply is not enough Shipyard time or availability to keep constantly changing things.  Usefulness of fleets already built.....certainly not a year...more like a few months or until Kixeye decides to change things yet again.

I like this game, spend some coin, but this is becoming a ridiculous exercise in futility.  Entertainment it no longer is....a second job that you PAY to work is more analogous.  It's too much like the old-time Loan Sharks...you can NEVER catch up, let alone get ahead....they just keep compounding the interest so fast that in no time it's impossible to ever "get there."  

By the way....who is blowing all their Uranium on spinning for crews that could help in the Raids, etc. now that the SSRB's have made it virtually impossible to obtain the Uranium?   At least it's no longer a Chore to do....no point in even trying it.  Put the brakes on to slow the game down?  More like putting a concrete wall that stops you completely.

• david.morrison.585
    david.morrison.585
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 112
    I tried hitting my first one and it confirmed my worst fears about hitting them. I just finally was able to kill a DUB base and tried the new one and I was killed from the first shot from the first turret. My charged armor did not help at all and I managed to get one shot off and did hardly any damage. Looks like I am running out of ways to get resources except grinding on salvage targets. It is getting to frustrating to play a once fun game.
  • kixeyeuser_1388071458472_100007337681052
    kixeyeuser_1388071458472_100007337681052
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 122
    I tried hitting my first one and it confirmed my worst fears about hitting them. I just finally was able to kill a DUB base and tried the new one and I was killed from the first shot from the first turret. My charged armor did not help at all and I managed to get one shot off and did hardly any damage. Looks like I am running out of ways to get resources except grinding on salvage targets. It is getting to frustrating to play a once fun game.
    David, give or take (I've rage quit a few times) you're 3 years my senior and we're both level 102. After reading your comment it's seems you're not putting enough effort in your game play or you'd have known that one Ironclad could kill either base parts/Uri. Dub. The SSRB are co-op with recommended fleets. The world map still has the targets to collect base parts, ****., and Uri. if you'll use the proper fleet. Then there's the Expeditions. The base parts one is easy but if you have the properly built Chameleon it'll run thru those Expeditions. So, there's 3 avenues Kixeye has left us to get resources.
  • Bob.myler.88866
    Bob.myler.88866
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 106
    That does seem to be the whole point, doesn't it?  Frustrate players and make targets so difficult that people will BUY coins for resources that they MUST have to do anything else in the game.  It's becoming much like PAY Toilets...no coin...p in your pants...find another Park to play in.

First they really messed up the the FM, the backbone of the game, with the 117.  Now they have totally screwed almost every player, certainly those who could do the previous DUBs.   Found out quickly that NO fleet I currently have that is "allowed" in the SubSectorResourceBase can even kill the first turret pod.  So with Uranium being such an integral and key resource in the game, the game has hit a stagnation point for me.  Figured this day was coming sometime....looks like it's game-time reevaluation time.  When even the unending chores become undoable....there's not much point in continuing for long in such a sadistic environment.  Think about it....it seems that you MUST have a 2nd player, with strong fleets, on at the same time as you, to even have a chance at getting Uranium from the new SSRB's, since there is NO retreating...one opportunity to kill the target or you get nothing but lots of repair time.   Good luck with that when you have to adjust your time to play with another player on a regular basis.

Refit fleets to tweek them to do the SSRB's?  WHEN??  Most players, including myself, are still building Manticore fleets for the Raid...there simply is not enough Shipyard time or availability to keep constantly changing things.  Usefulness of fleets already built.....certainly not a year...more like a few months or until Kixeye decides to change things yet again.

I like this game, spend some coin, but this is becoming a ridiculous exercise in futility.  Entertainment it no longer is....a second job that you PAY to work is more analogous.  It's too much like the old-time Loan Sharks...you can NEVER catch up, let alone get ahead....they just keep compounding the interest so fast that in no time it's impossible to ever "get there."  

By the way....who is blowing all their Uranium on spinning for crews that could help in the Raids, etc. now that the SSRB's have made it virtually impossible to obtain the Uranium?   At least it's no longer a Chore to do....no point in even trying it.  Put the brakes on to slow the game down?  More like putting a concrete wall that stops you completely.

I certainly roll far less.  I only roll when I know I'm getting the 310K from the scourge daily.
  • david.morrison.585
    david.morrison.585
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 112
    David, give or take (I've rage quit a few times) you're 3 years my senior and we're both level 102. After reading your comment it's seems you're not putting enough effort in your game play or you'd have known that one Ironclad could kill either base parts/Uri. Dub. The SSRB are co-op with recommended fleets. The world map still has the targets to collect base parts, ****., and Uri. if you'll use the proper fleet. Then there's the Expeditions. The base parts one is easy but if you have the properly built Chameleon it'll run thru those Expeditions. So, there's 3 avenues Kixeye has left us to get resources.
    I have been playing 7 years and have not quit yet. I have been hitting the other targets to get resources. I play about 7-10hrs a day. I am disabled and do not have much to do and do not have the extra money to coin. This is a fun game at times and I like the people that play it. The game has just moved so fast and I have had a hard time keeping up. I mainly do pve but that is getting to be more challenging to keep up. I do not have the newer hulls yet I just got the phoenix hull and have 3 built. I will not quit yet but keep grinding away. Have fun in the game like I do and smile lol. 
  • BadVenomHurricane
    BadVenomHurricane
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 578
    If they put shards of say the ceades in i might do it lol
  • NiceBob7
    NiceBob7
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 198
    WTC change something what been working for a long time. The New Drac bases did away with source or Uranium and base parts. Even lower level are able to do thme to get much need of those two items. Now the crap they put in this thin were I tried even high end hull and ended up get smash and getting not one point. These new Drac bases only serve one purpose waste coins and no prizes. All the people and groups I talk to saying the same things. It all about greed need. No consideration to the people who play. Bring back what been working and fun to do. No some crap trap. 
    Roberto Sector 167 Ally 1SF in Battle Pirates and  War Commander Sector 92. 
  • kixeyeuser_1443870080853_102296660127872
    kixeyeuser_1443870080853_102296660127872
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 47
    kixe just want to screw us for every bit they can now ;(
  • Yeah, tell me about using a fully ranked Hydra when I don't even have the blueprint! I've been playing more than 5 years, back before uranium was even a resource. Virtually everything you do presently requires uranium. It didn't present that much of a problem before because I could use my fleet of almost completely ranked Ice Breakers. Now you've taken that away simply to make players pay to get to get even small amounts. How many freakin' level 57 Scourge Blockages does it take at 150 units to do anything? 

I'm really tired of the attitude Kixeye! Why did you take away the only method I had to advance? If you just want people who have nothing to do other than play with REALLY deep pockets just come out and say so.
  • YellowBeard_SOSFS
    YellowBeard_SOSFS
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 21
    Have a look at this Siege Hydra SSRB video, I hope it helps you out: https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=yvjX0pnBnyM&t=39
    You still have to have the Blood Hydra to see the floating ice mines, otherwise just a fleet of Hydras aren't going to last for very long. 
  • klington
    klington
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 533

U just need to grow up.

• BradW1961
    BradW1961
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 37
    klington said:

U just need to grow up.

Maybe you should not be a no-skilled idiot with nothing constructive to say boy. 
  • Commodore Clambeard
    Commodore Clambeard
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 707
    like 99% of the player base, they wont...
  • Suasage and Peppers
    Suasage and Peppers
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 61
    For all the naysayers and all the spiffy videos, I've yet to see a single bubbled SSRB in my sector or in the surrounding five sectors. Very few people are capable of killing them and even fewer care for cooperative raids. It remains to be seen if Kixeye gives a hoot. Also, enjoy you existing T7 hulls while you can. The proto line of hulls is being used to obsolete your entire collection of fleets. 
  • paul.h.fortin
    paul.h.fortin
    Minor Nuisance
    RYZA said:
    Its easier to just buy uranium from the daily deal in shop now.

This game is just becoming too much of a chore to even enjoy playing. just buy it.
    Buy? Are you silly? 
  • paul.h.fortin
    paul.h.fortin
    Minor Nuisance
    Uri on the map ? What, 400 or so . Keep it, not worth my time killing target. Expeditions is a joke for what you get last time I looked and your fleet is tied up.Sorry but not for me at all. 
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 11,962
    Uri on the map ? What, 400 or so . Keep it, not worth my time killing target. Expeditions is a joke for what you get last time I looked and your fleet is tied up.Sorry but not for me at all. 
    102s pay out 47k uranium. Just need to make sure the sector threat is yellow or orange.
  • Admiral_Slappy
    Admiral_Slappy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 491
    SSC2000 said:
    To be fair, old drac bases and Dubs were designed before we had Bucs and Hydras, they were a lot harder to do using punishers
    Not tough with Ironclads at all though. And that hull is old AF also.
    Level 105

I don't hit bases too often (not worth the cost)
    Been playing a long time. 
    Generally in sector 210
  • Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 965
    So when are you going to fix them???

Sector is in Orange and can't even engage, says locked!!!

Sort it out!!!
2»