The New Base Bubble Rule - Unfair To Legit Players

CharlesHackfinder
CharlesHackfinder
Minor Nuisance
Joined May 2016 Posts: 238
I am really pissed..... I just lost over 700 Infamy to this new rule about not being bubbled for **** Min after you pop. I dont mind the rile but its f$%@ing ;stupid when you cant get away because of all the LAG and POPUPS going on when your base is loading.  I just set there mfor **** Min trying to jump out of a sector while 4 guys just **** the sht out of my base. I tried to pay the coins and heal my CC so I could jump out between attacks, but the **** LAG and POPUps we get inside our bases when loading prevented that from happening. This is totally unfair to us legit players. Kixeye needs to do something about this!!!! These enemy players were allowed to hit my base nonstop for **** Min and there was NOT a dam thing I could do. I couldnt get through the Lag and popups fast enough to jump out before they hit me again. And even after they finially got the bubble, I had to refresh to jump...it kept giving me an error message telling me no data found or some ****. Fix the LAG and POPUPS or put a limit on attacks...or Im done spending coins on this dam game......
I may be a Low Level...But Im definitely not new :-)
  • Alok r
    Alok r
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 559

Okay so there are 3 things to consider.
    1- this new cooldown timer for PvP was implemented for the express purpose of cutting down 69s in the game and which has worked so well so far. Kudos to game team. It's a change that we have to get used to and adapt to start playing around the new rules.
    So if you don't want to lose infamy (which I'm guessing is a big deal for you from your post), don't pop your bubble voluntarily. If you want to anyway, make sure you can be hit for 10 mins. Now there are multiple ways to protect yourself in those 10 mins which I will not be getting into for now. So either don't pop your bubble voluntarily or be ready to defend your base for next 10mins like your life depended on it.
    2- Lag is something which is natural and inherent in an internet based multiplayer game. The best we can do at our end is to get a good internet connection and a decent system to play the game on. Also it helps if you keep refreshing the game every 30-40mins depending on your level of activity in the game and your system specs.
    3- popups are integral part of the game, have been so from the very beginning. While I agree, we could get rid of some of the popups, but others are essential. Like getting a popup of damaged toons, or base under attack, or countdown timer when attack is about to begin. We have to play around these popups and yes I agree, due to the lag, it's difficult to get rid of all popups when you are constantly being hit. Since the base attack countdown timer is only 10 secs, it usually is difficult to go past the base repair popup and do any activity before the next attack begins on the base. There is just 1 way to counter it as mentioned in point #1. Don't pop your bubble voluntarily if you don't want to get hit multiple times in cooldown timer.
    Last but not the least- Change is the only constant in life. We have to adapt to all changes or our existence is lost in time.

• wc_fluffy
    wc_fluffy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 6
    its plain STUPID the new rule is 
  • Jim93843
    Jim93843
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 2,532
    seems like you would pop and wait 10 minutes to jump into a sector to cause problems... that way when someone did find you, there would be a bubble to save you from the rest.
  • chinapig
    chinapig
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,387
    Jim93843 said:
    seems like you would pop and wait 10 minutes to jump into a sector to cause problems... that way when someone did find you, there would be a bubble to save you from the rest.
    Yup... it is a way to ensure we only take hit for hit at the very most , but we would need to jump home, wait, jump back... every attack... not really feasible in a fast paced war scenario. But yeah, it's gonna have to be random hitting over multiple sectors,  constant jumping, sneaking around to try and avoid being seen. less online play... Not really moving in the right direction if you ask me...

• XBlissX
    XBlissX
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 31
    It is game ruining.....it will increase hit and runs......it makes jailbreak pointless.....changes all aspects of rids and war......you punish the fair players and still havent stopped 69 and base holding... good job folks!
  • XBlissX
    XBlissX
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 31
    KIXEYE PLEASE LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS ON THIS ONE! I have already paid for & downloaded a new game....i will still play occasionally but no longer coin...war is dead...only hit and run infamy is feasible. 
  • Red_Handed
    Red_Handed
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,209
    For me the new rules aren't that big of a deal. I live in the top corner of my sector and everyone who can bubble me lives 8 or 9 minutes away with a heavy and hookers. Factor in when those people are offline and I haven't much to worry about when I pop. As for everyone else, if it's really that boo hoo serious then pop your bubble and relocate continuously until the 10 minute window has elapsed. Not exactly convenient but you can complain or improvise. Only one of those options will accomplish anything so really there's no choice... or you could devise your own strategy instead of expecting other people to solve your problems.
  • Benji F
    Benji F
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 838
    was thats so hard to wait for base heal before pop? 
  • Soul Rebel
    Soul Rebel
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 2

I think they should fix that issue its not fair to hit 1 player and get 5 hit and its not only the infamy you lose cause yiu can get it back later but when they post in chat 5 flat to you in 5m and you can post1 that makes me crazy and if we have yo stay in bbl till the bbl get out that want make the game bettet if they want to fix the 69 issue i think an ops that remove the bbk from 1 player once per day woyld be more effective than this stupid free 5m

• Alok r
    Alok r
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 559

@chinapig said:
    Alok r said:

1- this new cooldown timer for PvP was implemented for the express purpose of cutting down 69s in the game and which has worked so well so far. Kudos to game team. It's a change that we have to get used to and adapt to start playing around the new rules.

So if you don't want to lose infamy (which I'm guessing is a big deal for you from your post), don't pop your bubble voluntarily. If you want to anyway, make sure you can be hit for 10 mins. Now there are multiple ways to protect yourself in those 10 mins which I will not be getting into for now. So either don't pop your bubble voluntarily or be ready to defend your base for next 10mins like your life depended on it.

Please explain how this has worked well.

The way I see it, any reason it has reduced 69 will be because people are stopping fighting once bubbled the first time....

It may well be a change we have to get used to, if Kixeye do not listen to feedback. However, if the players do not give feedback then there is no way of Kixeye knowing it is seen largely as a bad move by the players and thus would not see any reason to change the mechanic.
    Players need to give their view in order for them to gauge the impact on the game.

You say there are "multiple" ways to defend yourself within the 10 minutes but conveniently do not elaborate.
    I challenge you to name 3 ways, 3 being the lowest number which may be considered "multiple".

You say yourself, not to pop voluntarily. This means stop fighting. If the effect of an upgrade results in players stopping fighting then how can this be considered a positive step, given that the game revolves around fighting ?

Firstly the issue with 69 was, any player using it was hitting maybe on avg 10 bases per day (very conservative figure) without getting bubbled cos of using 69 to get instant friendly bubbles. Now multiply this number 10 times no of players using 69 (maybe in thousands) times 200 sectors. Which gives you a number of magnitude in maybe millions. Now without 69, getting this volume of PvP on a day was impossible. So now when you look and feel that PvP has reduced, it's not actually reduced but it has come to a volume which was supposed to be realistic. So yes I can assure you (@CM_Burny can confirm), that since PvP has reduced, 69ing has also reduced.
    As you rightly said 'people are stopping fighting once bubbled'. This is the way PvP is supposed to work. In an ideal world would you pop your bubble without repairing your base or defense toons? I think this explanation should settle your first question.

Coming to your 2nd question of ways to work around this protection bubble, I will only give you 2 options cos the 3rd option basically is a work around to still be able to use 69. Since we (the community) are working together with Kixeye to get rid of 69, I would never give out ideas to encourage it. Here goes 2 options:
    1) Defend your **** off in those 10 mins once you voluntarily pop so that no one is able to bubble you even 1 star in single attack. You will need skill, patience and good lvl units to defend your base for 2 whole attacks and not get 1 star. It is extremely difficult if the attackers are skilled, but not impossible.
    2) Jump to a dead sector and pop your bubble on some dead/inactive base (you can find many lvl 3-10 bases on the map). Wait in that sector for at least 9 mins after you pop (assuming it takes a minute to jump back to your original sector). Or another way is to do multiple jumps in those 10 mins to avoid getting followed. This will avoid getting hit in those first 10 mins of cooldown timer. Then you are all ready to jump back into action. If you get bubbled, repeat above steps.

There are your 2 ways to protect yourself in 10 mins.
    And as already mentioned no player has the right to go unbubbled and still be able to hit players. If that's your mojo, better find a simulation game where you can play against the system AI and beat the hell out of it.
    This is a multiplayer interactive game where all players should be treated equally without being exploited.

• kixeyeuser_463265011_8136_3772919
    kixeyeuser_463265011_8136_3772919
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 3
    you were doing so well until you got to that last bit about all players treated equally without being exploited.

forgetting the fact 2/3rds of all WC players use glitches and hacks to play this game and forgetting the fact kixeye have effectively given an amnesty to all hacks if they coin a wee bit here and there, forgetting the fact all the hackers who hacked their bases and army have been left with their fully upgraded hacked bases and armies. 

to think a lvl3 is treated equally as a lvl 50 (yes we know they hacked their stuff) is just downright silly

wait .... of course a lvl 3 should defend their bollocks off from the lvl50 as though his life depended on it for 9 minutes so he doesn't get whacked twice....

All the players are being exploited by kixeye, they've turned WC into a joke, looks like its a good time to bin pvp all together, go with zero infamy as you dont need it anyway, treat the rest of this "community" as AI, stay in your bubbles until they pop and live in a very quiet sector where you can get on with your shadow ops and events without being hassled.

or do as I am

leave the frigging game and hang up my credit card. see I didnt mind coining for most the time but I'll be damned fooked if Im going to coin so kixeye can **** me over with a bullshit 10 minute rule so I have to coin more

• Rob de R
    Rob de R
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,267
    i have told support about this issue as its not being thought of, an expert did sent my ticket also to support, so i hope it will get their attention what i highly doubt as i see no comments of even one of the mods or the CM 
    You thought the imaginary wasn`t possible?
    You thought Scrooge was bad? 
    think again 
    lvl 46 now (april 2018)... lets bet .. how many years to 47? 
  • Joeybagadoughnuts
    Joeybagadoughnuts
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 1,428
    edited 12 Jun 2018, 12:01PM
    I am really pissed..... I just lost over 700 Infamy to this new rule about not being bubbled for **** Min after you pop. I dont mind the rile but its f$%@ing ;stupid when you cant get away because of all the LAG and POPUPS going on when your base is loading.  I just set there mfor **** Min trying to jump out of a sector while 4 guys just **** the sht out of my base. I tried to pay the coins and heal my CC so I could jump out between attacks, but the **** LAG and POPUps we get inside our bases when loading prevented that from happening. This is totally unfair to us legit players. Kixeye needs to do something about this!!!! These enemy players were allowed to hit my base nonstop for **** Min and there was NOT a dam thing I could do. I couldnt get through the Lag and popups fast enough to jump out before they hit me again. And even after they finially got the bubble, I had to refresh to jump...it kept giving me an error message telling me no data found or some ****. Fix the LAG and POPUPS or put a limit on attacks...or Im done spending coins on this dam game......
    Life goes on as we know it , get used to it , its not going anywhere , so that  hiding in your bubble for days are done , because  one day you will miss that self bubble , and pop natural like and some one will be there waiting and you ! then you get pounded 10 mins. thats about 4 hits !
     , so in closing , GET USED TO IT ...LEGIT PLAYER .. Everyone suffers the same fate as you so might as well stay out of the bubble and take  your one hit like a man ..rather then 4 when you are caught off guard (this is not directly pointed at you charles but in general)
  • CharlesHackfinder
    CharlesHackfinder
    Minor Nuisance

Firstly the issue with 69 was, any player using it was hitting maybe on avg 10 bases per day (very conservative figure) without getting bubbled cos of using 69 to get instant friendly bubbles. Now multiply this number 10 times no of players using 69 (maybe in thousands) times 200 sectors. Which gives you a number of magnitude in maybe millions. Now without 69, getting this volume of PvP on a day was impossible. So now when you look and feel that PvP has reduced, it's not actually reduced but it has come to a volume which was supposed to be realistic. So yes I can assure you (@CM_Burny can confirm), that since PvP has reduced, 69ing has also reduced.
    As you rightly said 'people are stopping fighting once bubbled'. This is the way PvP is supposed to work. In an ideal world would you pop your bubble without repairing your base or defense toons? I think this explanation should settle your first question.

Coming to your 2nd question of ways to work around this protection bubble, I will only give you 2 options cos the 3rd option basically is a work around to still be able to use 69. Since we (the community) are working together with Kixeye to get rid of 69, I would never give out ideas to encourage it. Here goes 2 options:
    1) Defend your **** off in those 10 mins once you voluntarily pop so that no one is able to bubble you even 1 star in single attack. You will need skill, patience and good lvl units to defend your base for 2 whole attacks and not get 1 star. It is extremely difficult if the attackers are skilled, but not impossible.
    2) Jump to a dead sector and pop your bubble on some dead/inactive base (you can find many lvl 3-10 bases on the map). Wait in that sector for at least 9 mins after you pop (assuming it takes a minute to jump back to your original sector). Or another way is to do multiple jumps in those 10 mins to avoid getting followed. This will avoid getting hit in those first 10 mins of cooldown timer. Then you are all ready to jump back into action. If you get bubbled, repeat above steps.

There are your 2 ways to protect yourself in 10 mins.
    And as already mentioned no player has the right to go unbubbled and still be able to hit players. If that's your mojo, better find a simulation game where you can play against the system AI and beat the hell out of it.
    This is a multiplayer interactive game where all players should be treated equally without being exploited.

========================================================================================

Obviously you play PVP by Setting in your Sector and hoping people jump into your Sector to hit or maybe you just dont play PVP at all. I choose to be that guy that jumps into sectors by myself and hit bases till Im caught. I used to continue to hit bases even after I was caught poping each time my base was bubbled. But now I get gang banged by the whole sector for 10-Min and on a dead base you can be hit up to 10-Times or more unless you coin and thats "IF" you can get past the popups and lag of your dead base loading

And please dont feel that option #3 is a secret....We all know that 69's are not even close to dead even with the new rule. They just get their friends to hold their base for 10-Min instead of bubbling it. Attacks are 6 min long with 1 or 2 friends 69'ing the Base "Holding" the problem is still there and the New Rule did NOTHING!!! to stop it...

1) Defend your *** Off..... If your a lone player that jumped into a sector....There is NO WAY you can fight off 6-Different Players attacking you for 10-Min. I dont care how good you are or how long you played. And if you cant jump out, your FKed.

2) Jump to a dead sector and pop your bubble then wait 10-Min. Since Kixeye cut back on the amount of sectors...Finding dead ones that wont hit you while you wait 10-Min is a joke. And that still doesnt stop the guys from the sector you just hit from following you.

The Fact is that there is NO REAL WAY to counter this new 10-Min Bubble Rule without 69'ing.... Thus this new rule will Increase 69,s and Decrease PVP play

• ROYBOY31666
    ROYBOY31666
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 338
    I love it, Yes they still can ring of fire. but now we at least have a chance to brake the ring before the self bubble. 
  • CharlesHackfinder
    CharlesHackfinder
    Minor Nuisance
    My main point being: you as a war commander player are in a niche game! When you drop to far... Well, then it will be shut off and put on FB, just like Backyard monsters. So i guess we can appreciate whatever they still do. But the days are numbered commanders ;-)
    I agree with everything you said 100% Major changes are being made in the game and some of those changes are being made almost overnight without any research or testing to actually see what kind of effects those changes will have. In another post "Goldendoodle" made the Game Change of 5-Min for bases to remain open before being bubbled. Then he posts again in the same thread after seeing complaints to the change and increases the amount of time to 10-Min effective immediately without even considering the effects it will have and based solely on player comments. Since when does a big game company change the basic dynamics of the game instantly based solely on players complaining??

They do if they really dont care if the game actually prospers or not.
  • JNewbie
    JNewbie
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,455
    edited 13 Jun 2018, 2:59AM
    Yes discord is feeding the game design team and peep from KIxeye very sad the ones complaining I posted there tag on discord,  exact clan 69 is still real in game no action to any player I seen so far, If possible join discord on forum type in search discord to find link to see what player are saying there, Very sad part is seeing a level 38 lose over 800 infamy to all high level player who has nothing on there base to defend anything those high level 40 have.

PS PVP season is not bad wait until Warpath come around and see this robbery game of infamy
  • Bronko27
    Bronko27
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 100
    Well I think the new Rule is Great. Wait till warpath is on nxt you guys be happy then. The timer should be moved up a bit. Best thing kixeye came up with for a long time. GOOD JOB KIXEYE.  
  • Yin and Yang
    Yin and Yang
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 42
    New rule needs to be tweaked but not removed, have it so your base can only be flatted a certain ammount of times or have it so the infamy payout per flat is based on the percentage of the base destroyed (sort of more expanded version of current infamy payout that dosent follow a 3 level system)

As this new rule means you can easily lose upwards of 600-700 in that 5 minutes once your base is flatted, and if a player is smart enough they can get their friend to flat their base constantly which will lead to a much faster way of infamy swapping and sharing. This measure is poorly thought through and is honestly making infamy useless and unkeepable to any player who isnt willing to coin his repairs or, cheat.
  • chinapig
    chinapig
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,387
    Bronko27 said:
    Well I think the new Rule is Great. Wait till warpath is on nxt you guys be happy then. The timer should be moved up a bit. Best thing kixeye came up with for a long time. GOOD JOB KIXEYE.  
    It is great for those who want to stay in a bubble, but not for the rest of us!

Are you, and the rest of the idiots really that f**king STUPID you can not understand something so simple ???

• Dubhead
    Dubhead
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 427
    Want them to bring more of these ludicrous changes into play to I can slowly play less which is already happening
  • Legion of Doom
    Legion of Doom
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 7
    A guy kills seven Detonators around my base, one in each platoon while I am offline and he took 80 infamy. Never even grabbed my base. Didn't touch it at all. I hit five bases with lower infamy than me and I get 5 infamy. What is wrong with this game?
  • kixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921
    kixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 665
    Maybe  it is a good idea to no longer leave a platoon with just a detonator in it on the map...
  • Ali.Abbas46
    Ali.Abbas46
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 59
    chinapig said:
    Alok r said:

Please explain how this has worked well.

The way I see it, any reason it has reduced 69 will be because people are stopping fighting once bubbled the first time....

It may well be a change we have to get used to, if Kixeye do not listen to feedback. However, if the players do not give feedback then there is no way of Kixeye knowing it is seen largely as a bad move by the players and thus would not see any reason to change the mechanic.
    Players need to give their view in order for them to gauge the impact on the game.

You say there are "multiple" ways to defend yourself within the 10 minutes but conveniently do not elaborate.
    I challenge you to name 3 ways, 3 being the lowest number which may be considered "multiple".

You say yourself, not to pop voluntarily. This means stop fighting. If the effect of an upgrade results in players stopping fighting then how can this be considered a positive step, given that the game revolves around fighting ?

1: if youre lucky you can place toons around base and hit rogue bases till time is up
    2: wait as long as you can with ring of fire or holding base. time saves youre base life at this point. no reason to start holding ur base right away if nobody has noticed you or comming just start once they arrived.
    3: do ring of fire or hold base from the start 2 times. after those 2 times u toons will be forced to withdraw but with alot of luck and good timing you can move in for the 69 the moment those toons break away and everyone is still wondering what they should do lol.
  • Ali.Abbas46
    Ali.Abbas46
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 59
    edited 13 Jun 2018, 2:29PM
    these days only the idiots would pop theyre base in a sector where they have like active sonar and know some1 who is enemy there jumped in and have people who are like flies on ****. 
  • Stuart Fromengland
    Stuart Fromengland
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 379
    the 10 minute cooldown is for when you pop full stop doesnt matter if you pop voluntarily before your bubble expires or when your 18hr or 36hr is up
    NO BUBBLE for 10 minutes (now whether that a intention or glitch no idea but way it is)

I have seen muliple players tickets saying there bubbled popped while they was offline yet got smashed 4-6 times before being put in bubble

So how is this possible if the cooldown only voluntarily ending your bubble surely if its as written if bubble ends due to time expiring of 18hr or 36hr it should bubble on 1st attack RIGHT

not be like a voluntarily ending bubble with 10 minute countdown.

Ive tested with several clan mates and all bubbles ending for whatever reason activate the 10 minute cooldown

maybe this a mistake cause thats now how its written in explanation but thats whats happening!!!!!!
    Honk Honk
  • FROSTBITE_X
    FROSTBITE_X
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1
    kixeye needs to just make all bases without damage protection we play war game les fight quit crying and remove damage protection all together