Best ground units go against crazy spiders.

numski
numski
Potential Threat
Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 41
When it comes to spiders I just hate it,  could anyone recommend me some ground units that come pretty handy when it's time to blow up those little monsters.
  • Zeckenkiller
    Zeckenkiller
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 9
    phalanx with shock ops
  • Brandon Pucka
    Brandon Pucka
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 12
    but if game gliches and you dont even know where toon is why wold they keep making new and not fix real issue that people have.2 we dont get thing that defend us that dont die thats not cool iv lost so much i dont even want to playi would rather watch a movie any more
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 10,471
    edited 6 May 2018, 9:44PM
    My main advice for dealing with the Spiders is to combine a High-Priority unit as a meat shield and distraction against the spiders while I allow Technicals or Phalanx to take them down. Fighting the Spiders is more about controlling them instead of letting them control your actions.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • Brandon Pucka
    Brandon Pucka
    Greenhorn
    well if it dont change im quiting i dont have time to fight things we cant even get did that when i started as a level 2

• numski
    numski
    Potential Threat
    Lure them away from the heavy turrets then finish them of with Flying units, I suppose.
  • Brandon Pucka
    Brandon Pucka
    Greenhorn
    but what if you dc like i do all the time 

• Brandon Pucka
    Brandon Pucka
    Greenhorn
    and i have good net it dont matter we should not have to fight thing we can never get any way
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,201
    Will Shock Ops work in Invasion event in defense?

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Will Shock Ops work in Invasion event in defense?
    No, the It's Electric spec ops will only work in offensive battle and not on defensive. On the other hand, the defensive waves aren't that difficult this time around which means that most of not all waves can be completed without any base guard in the base.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    Axel L said:  ...On the other hand, the defensive waves aren't that difficult this time around which means that most of not all waves can be completed without any base guard in the base.
    Good to know.  I lost a whole defensive platoon of L10 Phalanx on L8 though.   I am backed up with 26 hrs of repairs to my best units now.

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Axel L said:  ...On the other hand, the defensive waves aren't that difficult this time around which means that most of not all waves can be completed without any base guard in the base.
    Good to know.  I lost a whole defensive platoon of L10 Phalanx on L8 though.   I am backed up with 26 hrs of repairs to my best units now.
    You could also try to use Rail Launcher and Avalanches if you haven't already as these turrets are pretty effective against Spiders. In addition to that, you can place at least 1 Drakon in each Bunker if it's possible and you haven't done it already.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    I was using 2 Rails and 2 Archers as a standard setup, but happen to have 2 Rails, an Overwatch, and 1 Archer now.   I only have one Drakon now that will be L10 in 6 hrs, with tech that is only partly upgraded.  I put him in a Stronghold, and just got through L9 without any defensive platoon in one wave which was a nice surprise.

• Brandon Pucka
    Brandon Pucka
    Greenhorn
    it would be different if we where fighting something we could get at some point but fighting things that we won't get is wast of my time in war game 
  • tiger-war
    tiger-war
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 2
    my attack log not work, dam.
  • numski
    numski
    Potential Threat
    And also any suggestions on renovating my base which always get beaten up pretty fast.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    numski said:
    And also any suggestions on renovating my base which always get beaten up pretty fast.
    Your base feels very open which means that the base cannot deal a concentrated damage output against the spiders. In addition to that, none of the spiders are airborne units which means that your Hunter Missile turret is completely useless. Finally, I would recommend using Yellowjackets in the Drone Silos and Drakons in bunkers to defend against the spiders.
  • duncan.idaho.9615
    duncan.idaho.9615
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 45

use a jackal with charged ordnance on it no need for shock ops i use a jackal 4 phalanx 2 normal technicals darkstorm jugg and a caretaker to do the 70 ops base and get approx 4 mins damage lol

• Kar-Graal
    Kar-Graal
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,570
    This is how i killed off the spiders in 65,70,75 Level 4 Sunder Technically

Using Darkstorm Level 5 NYX in 3 

• TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    duncan.idaho.9615 said:  use a jackal with charged ordnance on it no need for shock ops i use a jackal 4 phalanx 2 normal technicals darkstorm jugg and a caretaker to do the 70 ops base and get approx 4 mins damage lol
    Sounds good for the 70 Shadow Ops base.  I'll try it.    Do you run it on RUBI or manual control?   Seems like too many little Onyx things with reanimate to try to hit it manually with ground troops.    Envoy works good too, to the extent you can keep it away from the glowing Onyx, and I think Deena works good after the towers are down.

I continue to not understand why Jackal with Charged Ordinance is preferred over Howlers.  

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    I continue to not understand why Jackal with Charged Ordinance is preferred over Howlers.  
    I would guess that the main reason why players prefer to use Jackals over Howlers with charged ordnance is the fact that they will deal some splash damage which makes it possible for them to stun multiple units at once.
  • Smoky420
    Smoky420
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 252
    numski said:
    Here is some thing like what Axel L was describing to you, all production and resource generators etc to one end of the base as tightly packed as you can, and at the opposite end put your base in a compact shape protecting your Power plants and GoGo bar

BP's: BC (R10), Mercury (R10)  Baracuda (R9) Goliath (R8) Hellhound, Kodiak (R3) Mastodon, NC (R4), Enforcer, Triton (R4), V2-h, Crusader, Atlas Carrier, Valkyrie Carrier, Artemis 
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Smoky420 said:
    numski said:
    Here is some thing like what Axel L was describing to you, all production and resource generators etc to one end of the base as tightly packed as you can, and at the opposite end put your base in a compact shape protecting your Power plants and GoGo bar

Another suggestion for base designing is to have the resource producers, storages and other buildings close to the line of walls. This is mainly due to the fact that the AI units will stop for taking down last stand defenders which will allow your defenses a bit more time to target them.
  • numski
    numski
    Potential Threat
    Thanks folks , at the moment bunch of spiders may not be that bigger hassle to me but a herald can easily destroy my base within seconds.
  • Smoky420
    Smoky420
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 252
    numski said:
    Thanks folks , at the moment bunch of spiders may not be that bigger hassle to me but a herald can easily destroy my base within seconds.
    Upgrade your hunters to L15 asap, and if you have Seeker/Hades/Technical get those in your base, preferably when you're online, maybe leave it empty if offline for a while, or hide them behind your CC for a nasty surprise :)
    BP's: BC (R10), Mercury (R10)  Baracuda (R9) Goliath (R8) Hellhound, Kodiak (R3) Mastodon, NC (R4), Enforcer, Triton (R4), V2-h, Crusader, Atlas Carrier, Valkyrie Carrier, Artemis