LOW on RESOURCES - Oil, Metal, Energy, Zynthium

• Adom_M
    Adom_M
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 514
    I haven't hit a salv in years, I try and combine doing chores with res collection. As an example, whilst my I Dragons are repairing, I am using my Zelos/Mono fleet to hit 111's each 111 fills the fleet 500%, it doesn't take long to cube warehouses.
    Never lose sight that this is a game, its not life and death!!!
  • Ser_Arthur_Dayne
    Ser_Arthur_Dayne
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,081

@King_Master1 said:
    ADemonKnight said:

1 dragon 4 sf or cit fitted to haul (yeah I still do this) and hit lvl 45 relays...or 2 irons and 3 sf/cits and hit lvl 30 base parts (for now anyway) and then there are the drac bases, camps ect as most have brought up...oh and 1 bucc with (you guessed it) sf/cits will also auto the lvl 30 base part ones..res is easy and my walls love it

ADemonKnight said:

What is an "sf"?

Superfortress R1 has a significant res capacity.
    However, an Inferno Dragon set up with large cargo holds has the ability to cart over 50 million res, so there's an option for the OP..
    Build 4 of those & tow them into a base with a hitter & see what you haul out of said base..

Sword of the Morning
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 1,602

@King_Master1 said:
    ADemonKnight said:

1 dragon 4 sf or cit fitted to haul (yeah I still do this) and hit lvl 45 relays...or 2 irons and 3 sf/cits and hit lvl 30 base parts (for now anyway) and then there are the drac bases, camps ect as most have brought up...oh and 1 bucc with (you guessed it) sf/cits will also auto the lvl 30 base part ones..res is easy and my walls love it

ADemonKnight said:

What is an "sf"?

However, an Inferno Dragon set up with large cargo holds has the ability to cart over 50 million res, so there's an option for the OP..
    Build 4 of those & tow them into a base with a hitter & see what you haul out of said base..

Why would anyone in their sane minds build inferno dragons for resource carrying? SF if I remember correctly has a 6h build time? Maybe not the SF but one of the cargo-hauling ships for sure.
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

Sectors Visited: 84, 285, 407.
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,568
    edited 17 May 2018, 9:35PM
    It is getting increasingly harder to keep up with the game and to build new ships etc because of resources. Kixeye keeps increasing the resources required. The Manticore is 200m of each type just to build one hull. That is INSANE! But they don't increase the availability. All that does in increase the grind and reduce the fun in the game. Only someone crazy would ever coin resources.

C'mon Kixeye, think about the fun for once. This is not fun. 

I know all the tips and tricks about which targets to hit, Snowfall campaign, recycling walls and Onslaughts but sheesh! Why should we have to work so hard just for this. There is no time left to have fun.

What does everyone else think? Is this an issue for you?

I totally agree with you mate.

And yes, I know all the tricks as well.

Its not that its hard to do, its just monotonous as hell. Basically like the entire game atm.
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 1,602
    Adom_M said:
    I haven't hit a salv in years, I try and combine doing chores with res collection. As an example, whilst my I Dragons are repairing, I am using my Zelos/Mono fleet to hit 111's each 111 fills the fleet 500%, it doesn't take long to cube warehouses.
    Probably easier to just hit level 45 glowing navs, it takes like 10 minutes for a 2 zelos/3 mono fleet to go through a 111 haha (or at least that was the case for 115s when they were still here)
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

Sectors Visited: 84, 285, 407.
  • Fractal
    Fractal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 2,397
    Maybe Kixeye is trying to bring some of the "old school" back into the game. Way back then, we did have to hit bases to get res.  We had to protect our warehouses, etc etc. Not saying I agree with this or not, but I see it too, my warehouses are not overflowing like they did for years. I'm not particularly worried though, gathering res is the least of my concerns. 
    Playing since Feb 2012.  Originally sector 304
  • AerialVictini
    AerialVictini
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 4,597
    With the inclusion of base parts for all OP10 stuff, it only makes me wonder if OP11 is coming out soon. And then we'll have level 11 walls. Can't image how much resources (especially Zynthium) it will take.
    Many things can change in 3 years. Some for the better, some for the worse. I think I know what happened here...
  • TypicalComplainer
    TypicalComplainer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2010 Posts: 257
    edited 18 May 2018, 9:03AM

@King_Master1 said:
    ADemonKnight said:

ADemonKnight said:

What is an "sf"?

Why would anyone in their sane minds build inferno dragons for resource carrying? SF if I remember correctly has a 6h build time? Maybe not the SF but one of the cargo-hauling ships for sure.
    My dude not everyone has access to the super fortress as it hasn't been redeemable for a very long time now, but icebreakers/citadels/monos are still capable of carrying more than the retrofitted version, also those 3 ships have build tokens to redeem in the fm. The Inferno dragons and chameleon have the biggest cargo holds in the game right now.