Manticore CIC

Atomic Lunatic
Atomic Lunatic
Minor Nuisance
Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 143
For the next raid I should have a full fleet ready I just want to know which CIC is best for the raid I am using Manticore w/missiles. I know the scorpion CIC is made for missile hulls but which one works the best in the raid. Savage or Scorpion.
  • Benjamin Jewell
    Benjamin Jewell
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 127
    Depends on your preference. The Savage gives you a res boost to 61.5% pen and 78% corrosive, but dips your base ship speed to 28. The Scorpion keeps you at 45% both but ups your base speed to 36.
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3,902
    edited 16 May 2018, 9:30PM
    If you are using the missile version, from what I have seen, the Scorpion CIC is the only one that is really usable.

I did build the missile version and did the 100 in the raid for 1-2 coins using the Scorpion CIC.
  • Atomic Lunatic
    Atomic Lunatic
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 143
    Thank you 
  • I would think just the range difference using missiles over scatterguns would be great

• TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,936
    The 10s on/off for the scorpion cic is annoying - really annoying. 
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 12,528

@TRUCULENT2 said:
    The 10s on/off for the scorpion cic is annoying - really annoying. 

It isn’t terrible once you get used to it. The 10/10 cycle makes the timing more user friendly I think.

Another note about the Savage CIC is that it has a negative range modifier for missiles. So good luck using that one effectively with a missile build. The Scorpion CIC is really what you want for missiles.

• filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,165
    So, on this subject. Did anyone try the last raid with missiles using the manticore CIC instead of the scorpion?
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,092
    I will be using a missle manicure flag with the scorpion cic and 4 scatter mani's with savage cic, in the next raid. I hope to do a lot better in this raid than last but really doubt it at this point. Maybe the following raid I will have an all missle mani fleet going.
  • Jason Ma
    Jason Ma
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 65
    I will be using a missle manicure flag with the scorpion cic and 4 scatter mani's with savage cic, in the next raid. I hope to do a lot better in this raid than last but really doubt it at this point. Maybe the following raid I will have an all missle mani fleet going.
    Kind of in the same boat. Switching from scatter to missiles. but with time being an issue I'm looking at have a few scatters left in the fleet. I wanted to prioritize the CIC and Armor since I didn't have fully armored ships last raid. two scatters per ship, 1 anti, and the rest missile. If I can do better than that, then good. If not, it will have to do. Just hope my driving is up for it. 
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,165
    The reason I bring this up is the speed of the targets fleets is very high. so even though missile range is lessened with the manticore the defenses balance it out. 
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • Arjan Hansen
    Arjan Hansen
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 205
    refitting my manti's back to savage with missiles, the damage taken is WAY higher with the scorpion CIC... each CIC adds 200 ship and structure deflection.... We'll see whats best in comin raid !
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 12,528

Keep in mind that the Savage CIC reduces missile range. So your ability to outrange anything in the target is gone. As such the driving will be less important since you won’t have to worry about dancing between the range bands.