ironclad or cannoneer?

dragoon25
dragoon25
Greenhorn
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 22
if i can only get one of these ships from fm which one should it be and why?
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 1,602
    dragoon25 said:
    if i can only get one of these ships from fm which one should it be and why?
    Ironclad, they can still get you base parts and uranium on auto. Cannoneer would probably require driving since it's a lot more frail. Ironclad also did better in the raid cycle (though you'd probably need a whole fleet because of the stacking bonuses). That being said, buccaneer is in the coop TLC, it'll probably be more useful for you if you don't have a siege fleet.
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

Sectors Visited: 84, 285, 407.
  • Get Buccaneers from Path to Continent campaign.  It is co-op.  If you can't do it, find a friend who can.

Ironclads are better than cannoneers.  Both are over a year old.  The buccaneers and hydras replace them.

Ironclads can take more damage. They can auto drac uranium bases, current base part targets and the drac subsector bases.

Cannoneers have to be driven well.  They have to shoot from their max range.  If you get too close, they  will melt.

The base part targets will be changing very soon. The base targets will be from the Siege raid that just ended.  Hydra and buccaneer were the best ships for these targets.  Ironclads can do the lowest level targets.  Cannoneers had a very hard time in the lowest target.
  • dragoon25
    dragoon25
    Greenhorn
    ok. Thanks for the advice.
  • Benjamin Jewell
    Benjamin Jewell
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 127
    edited 16 May 2018, 8:49PM
    what sector you in, people can get the buc for you... you want the buc, ironclads won't help in the new base parts targets
  • dragoon25
    dragoon25
    Greenhorn
    what sector you in, people can get the buc for you... you want the buc, ironclads won't help in the new base parts targets
    208, i got someone to help me get the buc
  • Benjamin Jewell
    Benjamin Jewell
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 127
    congratulations
  • dragoon25
    dragoon25
    Greenhorn
    thanks