New MC armours. are they worth it?

2»
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318
    to lazy to do the math but the armour is still a win. new armour would help to do bases with only 4 T7 ballistic group I figure,  maybe 5.  Not everybody did great in the raid to get turrets. Same thing with missles..could do with less then 8 T7..not sure what the sweet spot is.

bases with all the toys will be after get new hull in bounty I figure

Maybe a TLC is coming before bounty with some new tech also.

Let me know how you do in bounty if you swap in these new armor and get rid of the U armor. Seeing as nearly every base has corrosive and concussive and rad damage on their turrets/guard fleets. Rad damage especially in them replica bases with the uber'd vanqs.
    never said anything about removing D6U armour...2 MC2 + 2MC1 + D6U I will be able to crack more bases then I can now but not all bases or is that armour set up not good enough to eat 4 howies with no blunderbuss 2s in base & 4 executioner 2s not boosted by both 2 vultures & 2 halos?
    only 1 U on guard fleets will shred you up even faster than howies do now.  Pluto throwers chaos cannons etc  would eat you up fast. Look at pounding plutos do now with 2 x U on fleet if you rush past OS loaded with them.   
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • Hawkpanther
    Hawkpanther
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,038
    edited 16 May 2018, 7:02PM
    John1975 said:
    to lazy to do the math but the armour is still a win. new armour would help to do bases with only 4 T7 ballistic group I figure,  maybe 5.  Not everybody did great in the raid to get turrets. Same thing with missles..could do with less then 8 T7..not sure what the sweet spot is.

Let me know how you do in bounty if you swap in these new armor and get rid of the U armor. Seeing as nearly every base has corrosive and concussive and rad damage on their turrets/guard fleets. Rad damage especially in them replica bases with the uber'd vanqs.
    never said anything about removing D6U armour...2 MC2 + 2MC1 + D6U I will be able to crack more bases then I can now but not all bases or is that armour set up not good enough to eat 4 howies with no blunderbuss 2s in base & 4 executioner 2s not boosted by both 2 vultures & 2 halos?
    only 1 U on guard fleets will shred you up even faster than howies do now.  Pluto throwers chaos cannons etc  would eat you up fast. Look at pounding plutos do now with 2 x U on fleet if you rush past OS loaded with them.   
    I wasn't aware you could crack 64,254 deflection with polonium or radon throwers..I have only 1 D6U ..didn't think I needed more. Figured whats tearing me up is rocket splash &/or thrower splash but still not cracking the deflection.
    EDIT : and shockwave damage as far as I know cant be boosted except by shockwave damage boosters

• Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,848
    John1975 said:

I wasn't aware you could crack 64,254 deflection with polonium or radon throwers..I have only 1 D6U ..didn't think I needed more. Figured whats tearing me up is rocket splash &/or thrower splash but still not cracking the deflection.
    EDIT : and shockwave damage as far as I know cant be boosted except by shockwave damage boosters

you cant, its the 100kdmg/sec dot dmg of the sinful scattergun you need 2 U plates for with out 2 the sinfuls eat you alive
  • Hawkpanther
    Hawkpanther
    Incursion Leader
    John1975 said:

you cant, its the 100kdmg/sec dot dmg of the sinful scattergun you need 2 U plates for with out 2 the sinfuls eat you alive
    you cant put sins on to many hulls though & ..only 3 that I can think of off hand that are worth using maybe inq/evis/glut it can be outranged by MSC & they die fast. Was just looking at the stats..I dont see how 6,600 split into a few multi shots could break that deflection ..not enough possible boosts. That sounds like a bug if a 2nd D6U with more deflection shakes off dot damage easier if it wasn't breaking the deflection of the 1st D6U ..I do recall hearing about that before though where it doesn't phase it with higher deflections. Makes no sense on paper to me looking at the stats

• Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    John1975 said:

you cant put sins on to many hulls though & ..only 3 that I can think of off hand that are worth using maybe inq/evis/glut it can be outranged by MSC & they die fast. Was just looking at the stats..I dont see how 6,600 split into a few multi shots could break that deflection ..not enough possible boosts. That sounds like a bug if a 2nd D6U with more deflection shakes off dot damage easier if it wasn't breaking the deflection of the 1st D6U ..I do recall hearing about that before though where it doesn't phase it with higher deflections. Makes no sense on paper to me looking at the stats
    1 U plate is 64k deflection meaning the dot gets 36K dmg per second on each ship hit were as with 2 U plates its 360 dmg per second
  • Hawkpanther
    Hawkpanther
    Incursion Leader
    edited 16 May 2018, 7:37PM
    John1975 said:

1 U plate is 64k deflection meaning the dot gets 36K dmg per second on each ship hit were as with 2 U plates its 360 dmg per second
    ok well seeing those numbers opens my eyes lol. What  is the dot damage with no deflection then ? 
    EDIT : Ah fk I see it now on the BP..the 100K max dot damage..I missed that before..only seen the 20K number

• BadVenomHurricane
    BadVenomHurricane
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 639
    John1975 said:

Hence why we so mad, the new armor doesnt cover the turret damage and gives a hole for other damages, is so stupid and not balanced at all.
  • sgmeyer1
    sgmeyer1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 488

@Alpha__Wolf said:
    Yea I been telling everyone that thinks grinding npc rep bases will be the way to go think again.They will be twice as hard as last month,and as bounty participation dwindles only the better bases will be copied to replicas.

That's a very good point regards only better bases.

• Alex11111
    Alex11111
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 557
    So, how many howitzer 6 should i have to negate new armor? I have only 3 plus blunderbuss 2 is it enough?
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Alex11111 said:
    So, how many howitzer 6 should i have to negate new armor? I have only 3 plus blunderbuss 2 is it enough?
    4 and 2 blunders
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    John1975 said:

Hence why we so mad, the new armor doesnt cover the turret damage and gives a hole for other damages, is so stupid and not balanced at all.
    i for one am actually quite happy the new armor isn't something that is egregiously over the top for once the pendulum has been in favor for the attacker far to often and in favor of the defender far and few between its nice to have my base back into unbeatable like how it was back in the day though now a days having an uncrackable base just means no one hits you as opposed to back then were an uncrackable base made you a prime target for all those who wanted to try and be the 1st to do so.
  • Spack
    Spack
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,202
    John1975 said:

i for one am actually quite happy the new armor isn't something that is egregiously over the top for once the pendulum has been in favor for the attacker far to often and in favor of the defender far and few between its nice to have my base back into unbeatable like how it was back in the day though now a days having an uncrackable base just means no one hits you as opposed to back then were an uncrackable base made you a prime target for all those who wanted to try and be the 1st to do so.
    pendulum swings have always been part of the game. on the whole though no matter what has come out I've been able to hold my own defensively. The last time i actually remember a hull that couldn't be stopped was a blitz dread fleet. That was an unmitigated disaster and had kixeye devs wracking their brains how to balance things, hence the introduction of rocket turrets. Now we have the complete reverse situation. We currently have 6 T7 ballistic turrets and with their inherent crit it means anyone from the mid level who acquired them has an impenetrable base with little to no smartz or creativity required. In a couple of weeks time they are likely to be able to acquire two more. The new ballistic hull will not be able to cope with 7 million plus damage from a single howitzer unless they severely jack up the defenses on it. If they do that every other t7 hull is useless, which leaves them one option. Jack up the armours. In the mean time until they do they are loosing coin from pvp hand over fist, combine that with the dismal showing at the last raid and I really do fear for their continued existence. There is little point having an unbreakable base if you're not left with anyone to play with.
    DESTRO said: 
    The Almighty Spack

KIXEYE Swag said:
    Spack is actually my Tyler Durden.
  • Smart-Ahoy
    Smart-Ahoy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 37
    All i have to say to that topic is that the unbalancing kixeye is doing on PVP this year all time and specially after last bounty will make me quit again.
    If all top 50 bases on Medalleaderboard are unbeatable thers something wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As i only play this game to challange with the best on pvp i'm, out if i cant challange with the best anymore.... and wont keep coin a refit every 5 days  thats not worth it!
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    All i have to say to that topic is that the unbalancing kixeye is doing on PVP this year all time and specially after last bounty will make me quit again.
    If all top 50 bases on Medalleaderboard are unbeatable thers something wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As i only play this game to challange with the best on pvp i'm, out if i cant challange with the best anymore.... and wont keep coin a refit every 5 days  thats not worth it!
    there is nothing wrong with an unbeatable base, at least not when it takes skill to do, the changes to pvp the past 2 years pretty much made all that impossible and there is not much skill involved now.
  • BadVenomHurricane
    BadVenomHurricane
    Strike-force Captain
    there is nothing wrong with an unbeatable base, at least not when it takes skill to do, the changes to pvp the past 2 years pretty much made all that impossible and there is not much skill involved now.
    The problem is it doesnt take skill to make the base unbeatable atm, a little common sense maybe but not much skill.
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    The problem is it doesnt take skill to make the base unbeatable atm, a little common sense maybe but not much skill.
    That is literally what i just said.
  • BadVenomHurricane
    BadVenomHurricane
    Strike-force Captain
    That is literally what i just said.
    Yes and I agree with it just like using the word problem cause there is a problem and they need to know its a problem with specific words such as problem.
  • Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,000

@VvVvVvVvV said:
    George's numbers assume you have all 5 of the Fire Support auras -- which is not easy to achieve. You might get two, maybe three --- 

so the 1.15^5 should probably only be 1.15^3, making it harder to get to the magic number. 

Don't forget that there are other buildings that can be equipped with FS-II, not just warehouses...

Fleas for free for all pirates, you're very welcome
  • BadVenomHurricane
    BadVenomHurricane
    Strike-force Captain

@VvVvVvVvV said:
    George's numbers assume you have all 5 of the Fire Support auras -- which is not easy to achieve. You might get two, maybe three --- 

so the 1.15^5 should probably only be 1.15^3, making it harder to get to the magic number. 

Don't forget that there are other buildings that can be equipped with FS-II, not just warehouses...

Fire support is capped at 5 to the highest fire support, you can only have 5 fire support 2 max. For example if you have 3 fire support2 and 5 fire support 1 it will only show as 3 fire support 2 and 2 fire support1. You could have 10 fire support 2 but only 5 will effect the turret.
2»